Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage (6155 Views)

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Klass99(f): 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2021

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
Evolutionlove:

All these things you are complaining about are very Vital to the Nations Growth & Development, You won't Just understand. It took me long years before I eventually understood how and what this nation was designed for. All those "Agberos, Street Urchins, Destitutes Just to mention a few are part of God's blessings to "TYPICAL NIGERIANS" I've met with prominent and bigmoney peeps. If you realize the way they reason and their point of viewing everything In this nation. You will be marveled......

Men I am just working on leaving this shithole. I will see all this nonsense from outside. The reasoning in this country is sick even from so called literates. Imagine someone saying it's better to be married at poor at 38 than to be single and poor at 99. Do these guys know what poverty entails. I have seen poverty and believe you me it's better to face that shit alone than as a family man. People will chop your daughter's with a loaf of bread and indomie. Your son's will become cultists and degenerates while you slug it out with your landlord in a face me I face you ghetto. Terrible

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
Gerrard59:

That's a reason to get married? grin

You must get married and breed kids, Yes It's by force and an order. It was ordained by God. Marriage opens doors of blessings, It's the best thing that can happen to black people precisely. If you don't, You are more of a less human and will be stigmatized and seriously punished. I hope you gerrrit.....grin
Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 10, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Men I am just working on leaving this shithole. I will see all this nonsense from outside. The reasoning in this country is sick even from so called literates. Imagine someone saying it's better to be married at poor at 38 than to be single and poor at 99. Do these guys know what poverty entails. I have seen poverty and believe you me it's better to face that shit alone than as a family man. People will chop your daughter's with a loaf of bread and indomie. Your son's will become cultists and degenerates while you slug it out with your landlord in a face me I face you ghetto. Terrible

comman see oooo at the bolded.....
Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
Klass99:

Help me understand this, by explaining it better.
How are ageberos and all, part of God's blessings to typical Nigerians?
How do these big money peeps reason and view the nation, abeg?

Na me you dey whine. I know you self dey among them bigmoneys. Well I think there Is one evening newspaper on this forum who have some of them on her raider. You can consult her. Na Redpillers dey make noise. The bigmoney peeps no dey talk at all.....
Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2021
Karleb:
Two broke people can get married, not my business but they should have a vasectomy or hysterectomy until they are financially capable.

Are we Joking here or what? Do we look like Joke to you? grin Well I'm sure you are not directing this your opinion to Nigerians. Most supposed educated rich people don't even know what Vasectomy Is talkless of the Poor people. You must be really Joking......grin
Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by genaro2000(m): 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Chai I saw this live, while growing up,Ifeoma and Amina. Boys and grownup men were passing them about. And these girls were underaged at that time. In fact one of gave birth twice to children for two different men before she turned 18. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by reddingtonblack: 6:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
pocohantas:

The topic is not who is MOST DESPERATE.

The topic is men are also “DESPERATE” for marriage.

Can you in your divine wisdom comment on the TOPIC this time before you are at the risk of death?

Thank you. grin

Aunty wey undecided whats the difference between MOST desperate and "SO" desperate highlighting the context its being used.
Men are so desperate to marry buh naa women dey full singles program in churches, shiloh is around the corners plus someone's mom is alway going to represent her moomoo daughter.

i heard tiwa savage will be ministering somebody ! somebody, somebody son go luv me one day, in worship mode

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by pocohantas(f): 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2021
The first set of redpillers came, saw and agreed. They were smart enough to blame society and lack of exposure.

The second set came and started mental gymnastics and ad hominem.

May God divide the houses of our enemies.

grin grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Klass99(f): 6:06pm On Nov 10, 2021

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by pocohantas(f): 6:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
Klass99:

Excuse you!!! angry

I hope it is not Poco you are dissing with that derogatory phrase "evening newspaper" or another female for that matter, I find that very distasteful. Love her or hate her, she is a remarkable lady and her haters have got nothing on her.

I engaged with a sincere desire to understand the comment you made, I wasn't looking for mud slinging shots at others, so forget I asked.

It is EOD for me.

Seventy hearty cheers. kiss

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by izzou(m): 6:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
pocohantas:

Seventy hearty cheers. kiss

Klass99 called you a remarkable lady?

And you even acknowledged it?

Mtcheeeew

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
genaro2000:

Chai I saw this live, while growing up,Ifeoma and Amina. Boys and grownup men were passing them about. And these girls were underaged at that time. In fact one of gave birth twice to children for two different men before she turned 18. grin grin grin
It's normal where I stay in Lagos. Young girls of 10, 12, 8 already sleeping around for food. This is due to poverty. It's so heartbreaking when I see this daily

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by pocohantas(f): 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
izzou:

Klass99 called you a remarkable lady?
And you even acknowledged it?
Mtcheeeew

undecided

You and your fellow redpillers want us to fight, we refuse to. We dey here kampe. If we quarrel, we settle for our coven. tongue

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Klass99(f): 6:37pm On Nov 10, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Magnoliaa(f): 6:48pm On Nov 10, 2021
Thread never see frontpage, e don reach five pages. Omo. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by lilvicky68(m): 6:52pm On Nov 10, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Thread never see frontpage, e don reach five pages. Omo. cheesy

And you bin wan condemn the thread as first commenter.. grin

You go try sell that space..
Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Magnoliaa(f): 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
pocohantas:
The first set of redpillers came, saw and agreed. They were smart enough to blame society and lack of exposure.

The second set came and started mental gymnastics and ad hominem.

May God divide the houses of our enemies.

grin grin

Abi this finishing analysis na your mate? grin
I noticed too. The men on the first and second pages were 'objective'. I did not see any man going down and dirty, and calling 'his gender' degrading and despicable names. Instead, they subtly shifted the blame away from the individual men.

Then the second set started rolling in... throwing side shades ear and dear.

Sha, it's fun observing from inside my banana tree how they are all falling over each other, arguing and trying to justify the topic. It's sweet.

Amem to your prayer, my dear.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2021
MistaMann:
I am not against marriage or whatever age you decide to marry. But having children without a reasonable source of income that would give them a decent life is wickedness and inhuman.

They are complaining yet adding children. Some with only 2 kids and can't even pay rent or school fees in time oo but still adding another kid.

You hear their reasons like,
✓my mates friends are all married
✓ I am getting old
✓ My parents are pressuring me etc

You hear people giving reasons for having children like:

✓Who would take care of you when old
✓Who would preserve my name
✓My mother said she wants grandchildren.
✓Who would be the heir to my possession.
Sheer foolishness! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Oyiboman69: 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
MistaMann:

It is better to be 99 years poor and single than be 38 years with 1 child and poor.
equating age with wealth is meaningless... and to add marriage to it is disheartening. 99 years old poor man without any children to take care of him?.

Do you know what he has passed through physically and emotionally before growing to that age?...
Children is wealth in its own unique way...however, you can choose to make wealth before getting married if you choose to, but don't in anyway discredit those who embark on having children be it as it may, whatever their financial strength. don't ever think that your stay in this life,you've had a perfect formula for how live should be lead cos you don't know shiit about life....

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by izzou(m): 8:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
Klass99:
Izzou, your yeye dey boom sha!

Watch as more haters come out in full force because of my comment.

They don't like it either when they see all the people they hate, like you, Poco, I and others get along just fine on the forum.

Have you noticed? grin

Of course grin

I really don't know why though. The moment you don't agree with them, it becomes a problem.

It can be amusing sha grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Oyiboman69: 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Well in Nigeria it should be a concern to everyone when poor people get married. When they breed they end up giving birth to future bandits, terrorists, yahoo boys and criminals. As of 2008, you could drive from Lagos to Maiduguri. Today you can't. In the future, you won't be able to move easily from Ikeja to iyana ipaja as Nigeria is going to be worst off tomorrow than today.

Poor people marrying and having battalion kids should be everyones problem. You can't just let them be cause their decisions will affect you that refused to have any kids.
and you forgot that the rich ones are amongst those creating and sponsoring those bandits and terrorist you mentioned up there...it is of the conclusion that those evil ones are bred by ideology which is instigated by the elites which you so much admired....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Gerrard59(m): 9:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

It's normal where I stay in Lagos. Young girls of 10, 12, 8 already sleeping around for food. This is due to poverty. It's so heartbreaking when I see this daily

embarassed

Hopefully, future children birthed in such environments kill their parents.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
Gerrard59:
embarassed
Hopefully, future children birthed in such environments kill their parents.
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You think that will resolve the cycle? undecided
Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Gerrard59(m): 11:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
Tobichuks08:

Push?
Come on every adults knows what they want bro, every adult does.
Some marry early and end up in riches, some marry late and still end up being poor, why are you making it a case?

You shouldn't blame those who are struggling and are married you should blame the lack of proper planning..

This is never any ones dream or prayer and eventually even in reality 40 to 60% of families in Nigeria re struggling financially..
It is only in Nigeria that we become hypocrite.
Most of you guys here came from a struggling background, if your parents had this notion will you guys be here playing judge on others choices?

Fair enough but that was when GDP growth rate was above 6%, huge FDIs coming into Nigeria with an expanding middle class. Jobs were available and there was a ready market to sell to. Most importantly, Islamic terrorism wasn't at its peak like it's currently. Then, people could travel long distances freely without being afraid of daredevils who are Islamic jihadists demanding ransoms close to half a billion naira. Look at the fate of those Uniabuja lecturers who were threatened with death unless their loved ones pay ransoms of >300M. The reality is that: in the future, Nigeria(ns) will be effortlessly poor. So why exacerbate things by breeding like pigs?

Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You think that will resolve the cycle? undecided

Maybe for the generation afterwards. Currently, young Nigerians watch their mates via social media in other parts of the world enjoy the benefits of strong passports, employment opportunities, availability of good public schools with no strikes, ease of payments as freelancers, secured environments and most importantly constant electricity. Future generations in Nigeria will not experience those goodies because of the worsening stats Nigeria will generate. The Gen Z as they call them and those after will not fear God like my generation does and adhere to whatever cultural norms that make no sense to them. They would be so "disrespectful and disobedient". Thus, they will take drastic actions as they deem fit. They will question their parents for not providing the environment their contemporaries in other places are enjoying. So whatever battalion breeding parents in Nigeria see by then, they should take it like that.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Kobojunkie: 11:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Gerrard59:
Maybe for the generation afterwards. Currently, young Nigerians watch their mates via social media in other parts of the world enjoy the benefits of strong passports, employment opportunities, availability of good public schools with no strikes, ease of payments as freelancers, secured environments and most importantly constant electricity. Future generations in Nigeria will not experience those goodies because of the worsening stats Nigeria will generate. The Gen Z as they call them and those after will not fear God like my generation does and adhere to whatever cultural norms that make no sense to them. They would be so "disrespectful and disobedient". Thus, they will take drastic actions as they deem fit. They will question their parents for not providing the environment their contemporaries in other places are enjoying. So whatever battalion breeding parents in Nigeria see by then, they should take it like that.
But you forget, the problem with this generation and the generation before that started with our mistakes and the mistakes of our parents before us. undecided

Let's please not now pretend we got it right and somehow they, out of nowhere, are getting it all wrong. The reason they don't value life and make foolish choices is because we and our parents before us did the very same...and taught that foolishness to them. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by jornwhite: 7:54am On Nov 11, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Really? I never knew about the last part. Thank you for mentioning it and for asking that question, especially!

grin Na only women dey get biological clock oh. Nahhhh. Ya ignorant, dear. Men don't hit a wall, they don't expire and they don't have 'prime years.' They can even continue firing at age 160. Kikikikiki.

If you can cross express all by yourself then i wonder why you're waiting on cococandy here nd acting naive, lets assume there are none in ur LGA, i can provide you a list of men above 40 that had babies. men don't have biological clocks, alaafin of oyo @ his age still has kids not even of to 3yrs, kwam1, FFk, dokpesi stil have babies, Ned nko, If you know of men that expired or because of age can't reproduce kindly share or shutup n educate yourself
Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by jornwhite: 8:21am On Nov 11, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

True but generational poverty is worst than down syndrome. One of Femi otedola's kids has down syndrome and he has a much a brighter future than 95 percent of Nigerians.

whats True ! how old was femi otedola when he had his son ...what as down syndrome got to do with age when its comes to reproduction, naa God dey do am, medical researchers are just speculating.

I'm sorry to say , of what use is a brighter future to a child with down syndrome when he/she can't even live is life without someone around to make the decisions
Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by jornwhite: 8:32am On Nov 11, 2021
cococandy:
so they should marry after their prime? Does that make sense to you?

Do you know the risk for Down syndrome in babies increases with the father’s age?

Aunty it is not a must you mis-inform the people,

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Nezzjnr: 8:58am On Nov 11, 2021
This is the obvious truth
Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 11, 2021
pocohantas:

Yes. Some of my male friends said they always planned getting married in their late 20s to early 30s, but it didn’t quite work out. I have a colleague that is 27 and he is already talking marriage. I look at him like, “you be pikin na”. He gets offended. That do I mean he is not old enough to put woman for house.

Abeg, let’s leave social media. A good and supportive spouse is gold.

I married at 27. If i would do it all over again, i would prefer to marry in my late 30ies or early 40ies.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by pocohantas(f): 10:50am On Nov 11, 2021
Skyview01:

I married at 27. If i would do it all over again, i would prefer to marry in my late 30ies or early 40ies.

Care to share why? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Happy Children's Day. / Home Remedy For Ladies Trying To Conceive (TTC) / In Need Of A Female To Share A Room(self Contain)/rent With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.