Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,493 members, 7,836,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage (6156 Views)

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by MrSamsung(m): 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2021
Gerrard59:

Anyone who is hell bent on bearing a male child in the name of culture and tradition that leads to lots of children YET cannot take care of them is a stoopid person. If within an ethnic group, they like doing such, then they're stoopid people. If you don't like what I typed, hit your head against a wall!

P.S. What if I tell you people that I'm Igbo? Or do you mean an Igbo person cannot criticise stoopid aspects of a culture?

Be honest with yourself are Igbos the ONLY people that exhibit this behavior? Then if they are not the ONLY tribe that have done such and you make such a tribalistic statement, then you are irredeemably despicable.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Gerrard59(m): 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2021
Mariangeles:

Rubbish!

I do not care who or what you are! You bigot!
Your opinion about MY PEOPLE - IGBO WU IGBO - do not matter.

Hit your head against a wall!
Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Gerrard59(m): 6:41pm On Nov 13, 2021
MrSamsung:

Be honest with yourself are Igbos the ONLY people that exhibit this behavior? Then if they are not the ONLY tribe that have done such and you make such a tribalistic statement, then you are irredeemably despicable.

It's not my business when other ethnic groups birth children like battalions but I'm pissed when Igbos who are at the receiving end of Buhari's anti-business policies and systemic genocides do same. Nigeria just like most parts of Africa will get poorer in the future, birthing lots of children perpetuates poverty. It's the duty of sensible individuals within an ethnic group to call out stoopid cultural practices that contribute to wanton and indiscriminate fecundity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by MrSamsung(m): 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2021
Gerrard59:

It's not my business when other ethnic groups birth children like battalions but I'm pissed when Igbos who are at the receiving end of Buhari's anti-business policies and systemic genocides do same. Nigeria just like most parts of Africa will get poorer in the future, birthing lots of children perpetuates poverty. It's the duty of sensible individuals within an ethnic group to call out stoopid cultural practices that contribute to wanton and indiscriminate fecundity.

You know the problem with people like you is that you think you are OK and worst still you don't accept or give a damn about your absurd mannerisms.
And that's why I said you are IRREDEEMABLY despicable.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Pimine: 8:57am On Nov 25, 2021
cococandy:
so they should marry after their prime? Does that make sense to you?

Do you know the risk for Down syndrome in babies increases with the father’s age?
Aswearugaaad

Stop spreading lies coco.

25-year-old woman has a one in 1,200 chance of having a baby with Down syndrome. By 35 years of age, the risk increases to one in 350—and it becomes one in 100 by age 40. The chances of Down syndrome further increase to one in 30 by age 45, according to the National Down Syndrome Society.

I knew this from sec. school. Guess you weren't paying attention. Even if there are risk factors on the male side, the maternal side is a ticking time bomb.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Pimine: 9:00am On Nov 25, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Really? I never knew about the last part. Thank you for mentioning it and for asking that question, especially!

grin Na only women dey get biological clock oh. Nahhhh. Ya ignorant, dear. Men don't hit a wall, they don't expire and they don't have 'prime years.' They can even continue firing at age 160. Kikikikiki.
Aswearugaaad

Stop believing lies simply because you're excited to find ammo you can use against the men you love to hate.

A 25-year-old woman has a one in 1,200 chance of having a baby with Down syndrome. By 35 years of age, the risk increases to one in 350—and it becomes one in 100 by age 40. The chances of Down syndrome further increase to one in 30 by age 45, according to the National Down Syndrome Society.

I knew this from sec. school. Guess you weren't paying attention. Even if there are risk factors on the male side, the maternal side is a ticking time bomb.

Guess your biological clock is real afterall grin wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by Magnoliaa(f): 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2021
Pimine:

Aswearugaaad

Stop believing lies simply because you're excited to find ammo you can use against the men you love to hate.

A 25-year-old woman has a one in 1,200 chance of having a baby with Down syndrome. By 35 years of age, the risk increases to one in 350—and it becomes one in 100 by age 40. The chances of Down syndrome further increase to one in 30 by age 45, according to the National Down Syndrome Society.

Guess your biological clock is real afterall grin wink
K
Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by DonroxyII: 6:02pm On Jan 29, 2022
Re: Why Are Young Men In Nigeria So Desperate About Marriage by wealthtrak: 9:43am On Mar 28, 2022
cococandy:
so they should marry after their prime? Does that make sense to you?

Do you know the risk for Down syndrome in babies increases with the father’s age?
@Cococandy,
What "after their prime" are you
on about? I disagree here.

Men are NOT like women who
have a fixed number of eggs (ova)
right from birth. Men have NO
limitations as to when to have children or get married. The Down Syndrome risk that you alluded to is just a statistical probability like the Sickle Cell condition.

NOTE:
Many men in their late 30s, 40s,
50s and above have had perfectly healthy biological children without genetic defects.

Proper intake of meals with the
required nutrients, body detox
to remove poisonous heavy metals from the body, and regular exercises would prevent defects.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Home Remedy For Ladies Trying To Conceive (TTC) / In Need Of A Female To Share A Room(self Contain)/rent With / 5 Most Beautiful Black Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.