Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,070 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) (65209 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Butcher Man In Imo For Complaining About Cattle On His Farm / Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia / Security Agents Raid Kidnappers’ Den In Imo For Six Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by micflo28(m): 3:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
This is good. Those supporting drug abuse are foolish and short sighted. They may have not been to south east lately to see that the number of lunatics roaming the streets have thripled. You can never thinj or behave straight again after taking this rubbish. I am a living witness of whom was nearly mad after taking this drug. Don’t comment on things you don’t have details about. If Ndlea arrest them, they are definitely going to spend years in jail. In most countries it is instant death sentence for use or sale of drugs. So they should thank there stars for getting this light sentence.
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by omooba969(m): 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2021
8stargeneral:
To do what exactly.

It's understandable if you have no idea what rehabs are for, and it explains why you're so limited in knowledge.
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Yeyenairaland(m): 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
Abdul05:
What kind of horrible life is this grin

Take them to rehab center abeg

Advice from an AFONJA moselem grin grin
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Wurld: 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
Abdul05:

That's Nigerian rehab

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by treatise: 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
Are you surprised?

It's only in Igboland, a place where evil is frowned at and efforts made to correct things that the community comes together to punish their youths in a bid to save them from a societal evil as drug abuse. The method might not be the best, but it's a way of drawing attention to the evil called drug abuse.

Other parts of Nigeria would deny the drug use, ignore it or collect government money and embezzle it all in the name of lying to themselves. They will even give it religious interpretations or start trading blames like, "is it not yoruba people that sell our fulani boys drugs?"

Igboland is the best society in Africa.
The approach may not have aligned with western expectations but this is what obtained where I grew up : any parent would pick up a cane and chased after if he saw you wandering the street when you were supposed to be in school. Communal efforts at display here.

2 Likes

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by michaelwilli(m): 4:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
Righteousness2:
Community Discipline has helped to reshape the lives of many.

Very Good one from the community. After Discipline them, they should be effort to Rehabilitate them.

Proverbs 13:24
He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

How's this different from Hisbah?
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Savi78(m): 4:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
SlayerForever:
See the hand this man is using to hold the boy's neck. I don die

The man go Sabi handwork ooo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:05pm On Nov 10, 2021
What makes you guys different from hisbah up north?
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by jrusky(m): 4:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
Are you surprised?

It's only in Igboland, a place where evil is frowned at and efforts made to correct things that the community comes together to punish their youths in a bid to save them from a societal evil as drug abuse. The method might not be the best, but it's a way of drawing attention to the evil called drug abuse.

Other parts of Nigeria would deny the drug use, ignore it or collect government money and embezzle it all in the name of lying to themselves. They will even give it religious interpretations or start trading blames like, "is it not yoruba people that sell our fulani boys drugs?"

You don't need to go tribal in these it doesn't worth it. I support discipline them but you saying *only* in Igbo land messed the whole of your post up.

Biko how many flog have you flog Bishop Ozubulu aka Al Pacino the South Africa drug lord?

Pls everyday we see and hear drug relared issues in all Asia countries by our people pls have you flogged them or you even celebrate them when they arrived home with their criminal cash?

Bro pls think before you type don't generalised things like educated layman. And for those that click over 200 like to your correct logic standing upside down statement are nothing but a disappointment simply they see igbo being portrayed angel they just jumped in and start clicking like without using their brain.

3 Likes

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Boogyman557: 4:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
MyExpression:

Well, reporter no tell us that part. If them try am for my ama, them go hear am!

I no dey against your shiii but no dey carry disturb others.

Live and let's live!

HOLLY GRAM cool CORRECT G

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by PROPEACE: 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
Are you surprised?

Now that OP pasted pictoral evidence you are hailing the east. Yesterday when this issue was brought up, some igbos were cursing and denying it, now the east is the best society. Lol

2 Likes

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by CUMIN: 4:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
Disclaimer12:
The same drugs you export to other people's country , sold to their youths and mess up their future! Ain't that a double standard?

They will be consumed by their products
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by McStoic(m): 4:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
Am so proud to be called igbo but we greedy die but apart from that oh!boy na igbo be best tribe for naija oh cool on a seriously note we are the most lovely tribe to be with and have peace of mind just that we like showing off too much grin cheesy

Ohoo...you really think we are the greediest in Nigeria? Not so fast bro. Could you please tell me what the Igbo man does that another tribe doesn't do

You made some good comments but spoiled it with self condemnation of your tribe. I am afraid to say I come across some young Igbos like you sometimes. One thing I have realised is that your type usually grew up outside Igboland, then other tribes will so much tell you that Igbos are the most greedy or that they love money more than any tribe. It's a psychological ploy, cos as often you hear it, you unconsciously begin to accept it and believe it.

Igbo youngsters are the ones who mostly castigate their own tribe. You can hardly hear a Yoruba, Hausa or any other tribe in Nigeria speak the truth about themselves.. i stopped speaking against my own the day I came against a Yoruba lady, deny many obvious facts about her tribe. I thank God Igbos have not ruled Nigeria most, neither are they the ones presently destroying Nigeria as president. Cos only God knows what we would have heard.

Ignore those other tribes son. We are not the most greedy!!

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Laurene: 4:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
qtguru:
This is very needed, else the community will be destroyed.
flogging doesn't change someone instead it may induce fear thus leading to secrecy of perpetration. This doesn't make us any better than the Taliban.
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Oyin2212(m): 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
Righteousness2:
Community Discipline has helped to reshape the lives of many.

Very Good one from the community. After Discipline them, they should be effort to Rehabilitate them.

Proverbs 13:24
He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

First time I'll ever agree with you
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by DavidEsq(m): 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
Are you surprised?

U have done well and spoken well, indeed. There is an African proverb that say "it takes a while community to raise a child".

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by DavidEsq(m): 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
SlayerForever:
Lol. Very good. Flog out the evil spirit of drug abuse grin grin grin

Nice news op.
grin grin grin angry grin grin grin evil spirit kwa grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by DavidEsq(m): 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
DOTian:
Finish them!
I need them in my area. Last time I was there, it was a big surprise. Young boys smoking hemp. I mean it never happened when I was much younger. Smoking hemp and be walking around as if you're smoking ordinary cigars..?
Flog the belzebulb out of their buttocks..
Werey say na Belzebub grin grin angry grin angry grin abeg I dey relax on pepper soup here. No let me choke abeg grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Wchris(m): 4:29pm On Nov 10, 2021
I can't stop laughing grin grin cheesy
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by babtoundey(m): 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2021
It's hardly a month or two that the news of Islamic cleric dehumanizing certain youth for visiting and dancing club. Many people knew and understood how barbaric, inhuman and stupid such correctional method is. But now, the same method of punishment finds its way elsewhere and the music changes.

Hypocrisy is our culture in Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by DOTian: 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2021
DavidEsq:

Werey say na Belzebub grin grin angry grin angry grin abeg I dey relax on pepper soup here. No let me choke abeg grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Paretomaster1(m): 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
Are you surprised?

You don't want them to take the drugs you sending them to peddle abroad?

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by cbaba: 4:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
Abdul05:

In Minnesota or Umudike Rehab Centre??

������

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by typicalgamer(m): 4:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
hammer567:

THEY CANNOT REVENGE THEIR UMUNNA.

THEY WILL BE GRATEFUL, UMUNNA DID NOT KILL THEM.

THE UMUNNA IS SUPREME.

I don’t know what that is (umunna) but udu boys go Bleep shit up when they comeback for round 2
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Oluf3mi(m): 4:52pm On Nov 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
Are you surprised?

You just had to make a tribal thing. SMH.
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Bigpapi: 4:52pm On Nov 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
Are you surprised?

I repeat am your mama Smelling toto
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by phineas: 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2021
What if they were accussed wrongly.

What if others use it to accuse people wrongly.Theres no way this is right in any sane soceity.

this is retarded behavioir by the community
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by 8stargeneral: 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2021
omooba969:

It's understandable if you have no idea what rehabs are for, and it explains why you're so limited in knowledge.
is like ur insane..u will just wake up and take someone to rehabs center without been mad
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by seanjy4konji: 5:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
Village people...

what about the dealers

Their elder brothers develoing china,vietnam,south africa,Uk that come home every xmas to disturb the peace and they are celebrated

Awon cubana money oloshi...

Motivational speakers isonu.
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by ComeToJesus: 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2021
This is a method used in social engineering and control. It's a crude format of maintaining societal values.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

17-Year-Old Girl Drugged By Her Sister And Raped By Sister's Boyfriend. Photo / SARS Storms FUNAAB, Crashes Benz (Photo) / 'My Husband And I Traffick Girls To Italy For Prostitution’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.