Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) (65189 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Butcher Man In Imo For Complaining About Cattle On His Farm / Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia / Security Agents Raid Kidnappers’ Den In Imo For Six Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by jcross19: 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Whiteangel1234:
Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, popularly known as ‘meth’ in Igbo land or crystal meth/ Ice in some parts of Lagos state, comes in clear crystal chunks or shiny blue-white rocks. This new dangerous drug as reported by NDLEA is already sending Nigerian youths to their graves.

meth is a very addictive stimulant drug.

Video

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1045719049577068&id=100024169492631

I pray south east won't turn Taliban city, what's now different from northern sharia law by the way can they flooged hope uzodinma son like this? Even some of them are fan to naira Marley there! Hypocrites and abuse at the same time..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by typicalgamer(m): 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
If na Warri when those boys go come back to that community for revenge.

I no go they there o

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Imoobot(m): 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Na their own be that.

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Wiifesnatcher(m): 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
Am so proud to be called igbo but we greedy die but apart from that oh!boy na igbo be best tribe for naija oh cool on a seriously note we are the most lovely tribe to be with and have peace of mind just that we like showing off too much grin cheesy

just imagine this barbaric act is happening in North, I know what you Igbo will be typing by now

what's the different between this and Sharia law you're condemning? act that should be condemned is been commended.... you Igbo travelled according to you but still backward

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Hapuruchukwu(m): 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Rydermaverick:
This is 100percent wrong..in a country that practice "democracy" the people who participated in flogging them can be sued and go to jail for "aggravated assault"
Ignorance at it's peak is what I am seeing here..why not hand them over to the law once they are caught.. flogging them would do more harm than good..
This is one of the reasons Africa especially Nigeria might never leave it's impoverished state..quote me if you want but pls make sure you have a valid and reasonable point to make..not moral or religious argument..

If morality is then relegated for high learned and civilized methodology that doesn't work here, how will the African society be ?
This is commendable only that it needs to be modified to well spell out procedures for administrating the punishments.
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by hammer567: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
typicalgamer:
If na Warri when those boys go come back to that community for revenge.

I no go they there o

THEY CANNOT REVENGE THEIR UMUNNA.

THEY WILL BE GRATEFUL, UMUNNA DID NOT KILL THEM.

THE UMUNNA IS SUPREME.

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by hammer567: 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
AFTER FLOGGING, THEY WILL BE CHAINED OUTSIDE LIKE DOGS.

WHO BORN MONKEY.

THEM DEY MAD!

U WANT TO RASCAL FOR AGU?
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Gentlerespect76: 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
Are you surprised?

It's only in Igboland, a place where evil is frowned at and efforts made to correct things that the community comes together to punish their youths in a bid to save them from a societal evil as drug abuse. The method might not be the best, but it's a way of drawing attention to the evil called drug abuse.

Other parts of Nigeria would deny the drug use, ignore it or collect government money and embezzle it all in the name of lying to themselves. They will even give it religious interpretations or start trading blames like, "is it not yoruba people that sell our fulani boys drugs?"

Igboland is the best society in Africa.

Oil dey your head bro. Yes nu!

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
I doubt this news..... Believe the op at ur own peril
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Drone95(m): 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
Rydermaverick:
This is 100percent wrong..in a country that practice "democracy" the people who participated in flogging them can be sued and go to jail for "aggravated assault"
Ignorance at it's peak is what I am seeing here..why not hand them over to the law once they are caught.. flogging them would do more harm than good..
This is one of the reasons Africa especially Nigeria might never leave it's impoverished state..quote me if you want but pls make sure you have a valid and reasonable point to make..not moral or religious argument..

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by mauchiz: 3:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
When your relative flogs you, it will not be painful like police men, because they show you love after the flogging, correction will take place gradually.
If millitary flogs you, it will harden you.
These youths will be the best in the future, that is if they finally change.

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 3:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
PoliticallyLeft:

For every 5 Nigerian drug traffickers arrested abroad, 4 are Igbos.

It's in Igboland that a church service was attacked and scores killed because of a bad drug deal at South Africa.

There are hundreds of news links to this.

The men flogging those drug addicts are just maintaining "the hard drug code" designed and enforced by South American and Mexican drug Lords : Sell drugs, but don't use drugs.

However, the universe has its way of making what goes around to come around.

Some of the titled men who sponsor philanthropy in Igbo communities are known drug Lords.

This comment is without prejudice, it is an objective remark.

Drug abuse is different from drug trafficking. Please read with comprehension before jumping on my posts with nonsense.

Yes, drug ABUSE is alien to SE.

6 Likes

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Drone95(m): 3:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
Correct! Spare the rod & spoil the youth!

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Timblogga: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
Numerouno94:

And u tink flogging them will stop them from doin drugs? These re grown men not kids. This punishment will not stop the urge/craving for drugs cos they might b addicted. They need to b taken to a rehab center nd not this rubbish.
oya go and take them to the rehab centre? grin Inflation is dealing with everybody and you are talking of rehab centre. Do they look like people that can afford a rehab session?
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
Charmingrascal:
Barbarism at its peak

This will not stop them from taking whatever they are taking they will only not do it where they will be seen.

Enlightenment, rehabilitation and awareness was better

None of this guys is less than 20 years and at a certain age, the rod is not the right tool to correct a child.

The community shame will change them.

Once they remember the shame. Though some people don't have shame.
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Walkee: 3:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
Are you surprised?

It's only in Igboland, a place where evil is frowned at and efforts made to correct things that the community comes together to punish their youths in a bid to save them from a societal evil as drug abuse. The method might not be the best, but it's a way of drawing attention to the evil called drug abuse.

Other parts of Nigeria would deny the drug use, ignore it or collect government money and embezzle it all in the name of lying to themselves. They will even give it religious interpretations or start trading blames like, "is it not yoruba people that sell our fulani boys drugs?"

Igboland is the best society in Africa.
lmao if the same thing is done in the north you will be here calling them barbaric terrorists. Una too funny sef

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Fucklove(m): 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2021
pocohantas:
Honestly, drug abuse is alien in Igboland. I was saddened at the news of growing drug abuse in SE. Igbo men have other things worrying them, taking drugs or pursuing woman upandan is the least of them.

Flogging them like this isn’t the way to go. This issue of drug abuse should be tackled o. The way youths are abusing drugs now is scary.
I love you so much with all my heart cry cry
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2021
pocohantas:

Drug abuse is different from drug trafficking. Please read with comprehension before jumping on my posts with nonsense.

Yes, drug ABUSE is alien to SE.

I'm sorry you didn't comprehend my reply.
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Jaqenhghar: 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
Rydermaverick:
Democracy: government of the people.
The people say this is how they want to deal with drug abuse. Wetin come be democracy again?
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by suyamasta(m): 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
This is so wrong, in this day and time you could take them to rehab and counseling not flogging! A society that use flogging for selective issue as drug abuse, will breed a class of oppressive controlling bastards
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by okoroemeka(m): 3:38pm On Nov 10, 2021
Zenithh:

When are you pple going to flog Ipob for causing violence and incessant sit at homes in iboland?

Answer me o grin
they are fighting for what 95% of Igbo men and women believe in,we believe to make a difference,to live in our own country were things will work,with no corruption and nepotism,Igbo men are also capable of flogging any commissioner or government worker that dare to loot our money like what they are doing to those boys
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Tapout(m): 3:39pm On Nov 10, 2021
I don't see any sense in this to be frank. Is the flogging meant to do what exactly, rehabilitate them?? undecided Fishing out the supplier should be their priority and not this.
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Hank25(m): 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2021
That guy on yellow be like, thank God � h m no catch me

1 Like

Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by geechy: 3:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
Goodyness:

There is no rehab center greater than the village square. That’s the Igbo culture, it takes a village to raise a child.

No rehab center greater than the village square...
The culture of the IBO's permits a village to raise a child....

These wordings are similar to how Achebe would write them in his books. Youve read Achebes books?
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2021
Why not go after the people producing the drugs? Is it because they are rich? The poor would always be targeted, nonsense , I hate drugs
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by hammer567: 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2021
Tapout:
I don't see any sense in this to be frank. Is the flogging meant to do what exactly, rehabilitate them?? undecided Fishing out the supplier should be their priority and not this.

FLOGGING IS FOR OTHERS TO SEE AND LEARN.

AFTER THE FLOGGING COMES THE PUBLIC CHAINING.

THEY DONT RELEASE THEM STRAIGHT AWAY.

SUPPLIERS ARE ALREADY BEING ASSASINATED.

TRUST ME, I HAVE INSIDE UPDATES.
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by 8stargeneral: 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
They deserve it even more..drug is killing our youths
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by 8stargeneral: 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
Basiljoe:
Stupidity, why not take them to rehab center.
To do what exactly.
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by omooba969(m): 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
mauchiz:
When your relative flogs you, it will not be painful like police men, because they show you love after the flogging, correction will take place gradually.
If millitary flogs you, it will harden you.
These youths will be the best in the future, that is if they finally change.

They will be the best in the future by inflicting pain, abusing them and damaging their black skin in the name of correction. grin

It's because of this kind of reasoning the white man has embassies all over just to assess & keep some of you away from their civilized societies. cool
Re: ‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) by Numerouno94(m): 3:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
Timblogga:
oya go and take them to the rehab centre? grin Inflation is dealing with everybody and you are talking of rehab centre. Do they look like people that can afford a rehab session?

Sai baba.

Hahahahahahaha grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Housemaids Killed By Their Bosses In Saudi Arabia. Photos / Corper Calls Out A Conductor Who Touched Her Vagina In Onitsha / Two Nigerians In Street Fight In Italy, One Kills The Other (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.