Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria (21464 Views)

250k Job In Lagos Or 500k Job In Port Harcourt / How To Apply For The National Paid Volunteer Program With VSO Nigeria / A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Joey4321: 10:36am On Nov 12, 2021
Hello guys, So this thing has been bothering me for quite a while now and I would like to have someone else's idea on it.

In my mid 20's currently undergoing a masters program at a Russian University (Somewhere around Moscow). Online because of the pandemic. The masters is a full scholarship with a little stipend calculated by your grades.
Now the borders are open and I have the opportunity of being there physically. Its kind of mandatory right now even. The scholarship is supposed to last 2 years with a mandatory third year where you will have to work for the school as payment for your scholarship. While studying you get paid, little money though, lets say 200k in conversion to naira. While working (On your third year) you also get paid but this depends on the role you interviewed for and your skill level. The masters is in Data Science and that is also my field.

But the only problem now is I just got a really good job here in the country that pays lets say about half a million. With my current projections, I could level up a bit more and settle down in 2 years

Now this current amount is more than what I will get paid in Russia both as a student or as a worker for the next 3 years (According to my projection). However, the school will cover accommodation, so the stipends are just for feeding, coffee, movies and dates, etc.

Do you think the masters is worth me giving up such a opportunity in Nigeria for the abroad?

In a nutshell, do you think having a foreign masters certificate is worth it?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by padi94(m): 10:47am On Nov 12, 2021
Hmmmm... I stop advising people a long time ago on career matters, why cos I advice one guy and I ended up paying his rent for 2yrs. Cos the advice blowback

176 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by ifex370(m): 11:00am On Nov 12, 2021
padi94:
Hmmmm... I stop advising people a long time ago on career matters, why cos I advice one guy and I ended up paying his rent for 2yrs. Cos the advice blowback

What was the advice? Would also want to learn.

@op I know someone in similar situation

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by obajoey(m): 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
u can always get a side gig that pays more than the 500k while studying in Russia from the comfort of your home.

The masters will open more better doors I believe.

But 500k na money o make I no lie

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by CocoaOla: 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
if you are A youth oga move ooo for the sake of your children 500k will soon be worthless in nigeria ruled by evil yahoo governments that DONT care about the citizens

NIGERIA government looking for every opportunity to scam nigerians

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by abobote: 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Go for the Masters in Russia, you will gain more experience and will likely get a better job after the Masters. You can even get another job in Russia or travel to another European country from there

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by OMONGBALI: 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Get out of this shithole, man.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by temmypotter(m): 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
padi94:

Lmao… wtf

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by PresidentAtiku(m): 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
This kind confusion is sweet...

The two options make sense

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by careytommy37(m): 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Better hold your job here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by emmykk(m): 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Once Nairaland start with xzy job in Uk and abc job in America thread that is how they will be asking in the next one month.

Me I believe everybody know what is good for him

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by solochris(m): 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Russia of all places? You better stay here and better your life

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by cinoedhunter: 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
angry angry This kind options hard o... Personally, I'll stick with the Naija job and run another online masters that doesn't require my physical presence in the school location. But if you have the cravings to japa, well, Russia it is.
The yam and knife dey your hands. Cook am as you want grin

12 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by pelumzy007(m): 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
You created a new profile to get advised by strangers
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by visiondee(m): 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
@Op, if I advise you now, you go do ya mind....

Anyway, think about it, if you spent 3years in Russia, paid allawee of 200k with accommodation, think of the exposure and what it will add to your resumé, also, you starts a job here in Nigeria, you are collecting 500k, remove all expenditure including accommodation, what will you be left with... And will it add to your resumé? Let this decide your next step... Thank you....

NB: speaking under the influence of alcohol... No ask me wetin I talk when I wake up

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
Oga stay for naija since you are earning good money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Bonaventura(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
Left for me, I'd say you go to the school, finish up the masters.

You said you'd be given accommodation in Russia and be paid 200k while in Nigeria you'll get 500k without accommodation(?) and you may not continue with the masters if you stay back.

2 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
Collect the 500k job, save up and relocate to a better country...

The cold for that Russia is frightening

25 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by greenie77: 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
Sighs.....
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by sammy329(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
Stay in Nigeria jejely.

2 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by RealAdewole(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
Do tin ni ni tan na na, and close eye pick one...

how are you sure inflation and loss of value of naira will not make the russia pay better within the next 3years. And then again will the russian experience put you in a better position for you to earn more than 500k after 3years?

case like this it is better to have a long term projection rather than the immediate or mid term. Goodluck in your decision making

6 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by emmaak2(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
Take up the job and suspend your studies bro

1 Like

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Commentor: 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
padi94:

grin

2 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by EjaikreTheViper(f): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
You better travel to Russia and leave that shithole country

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Mowoe(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
Las las, na wetin dey your mind you go still do, so just do am, abeg.

But if I were you, I'd go to Russia.

16 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by medropoly(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
Bro stay your country jor..
No place like home grin

6 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by obonujoker(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
I will advise to stay in Russia... Look at long term projection

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by LandMann: 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
With the way Buhari and his army of zombies have rendered this country useless, I won't advise my enemies even to remain in the country.

In 3 years time, if you work hard and get good grades, you can easily get a job in your field in either Russia or other European or American/North American countries you find comfortable living in.

From that level of success you can build a life for yourself and give your children greater chances of succeeding in life.

In 3 years, Nigeria is going to be worse off. Inflation will have eroded the value of that mighty 500k and insecurity will not make you enjoy that money in peace. You'll have become a prime target for kidnappers who are just business men according to the pseudo government spokesperson for bandits, Gumi.

But some people head are strong. They can face any obstacle in Nigeria and they are very used to suffering and smiling. You can remain if you are that strong and you see nothing wrong in the high possibility of foolish Nigerians electing another disaster after Buhari.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Fkhalifa(m): 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
This is to tell you how rotten this country has become on a daily basis, you're faced with threads on stay in Nigeria or go abroad.
May those politicians who have hands on how this country got to this never have peace.

OP, I advice you take the nigeria job, live within your means, save up and travel comfortably later on.

5 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Promismike(m): 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
I go for the scholarship. 500k is cool but the added knowledge, skill and experience the scholarship will add to one's CV can give someone an edge in the international labour market.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N-power Agro Allied Aspirants Let Meet Here / How To Check Eligibility Status For N-power 2017 Test / Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.