Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria (21461 Views)

250k Job In Lagos Or 500k Job In Port Harcourt / How To Apply For The National Paid Volunteer Program With VSO Nigeria / A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by MARX77(m): 9:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
You've started this great journey, don't end it abruptly. These naija companies can mess you up anytime in the name of downsizing or whatever nasty reason. If you're that good at your field, similar opportunities will come and you'd have your master's degree in hand as well to backup your skills (bona-fide definition of HOT CAKE). Stay blessed man
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by chibykesteve24(m): 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2021
[quote author=Joey4321 post=107546922]Hello guys, So this thing has been bothering me for quite a while now and I would like to have someone else's idea on it.

In my mid 20's currently undergoing a masters program at a Russian University (Somewhere around Moscow). Online because of the pandemic. The masters is a full scholarship with a little stipend calculated by your grades.
Now the borders are open and I have the opportunity of being there physically. Its kind of mandatory right now even. The scholarship is supposed to last 2 years with a mandatory third year where you will have to work for the school as payment for your scholarship. While studying you get paid, little money though, lets say 200k in conversion to naira. While working (On your third year) you also get paid but this depends on the role you interviewed for and your skill level. The masters is in Data Science and that is also my field.

But the only problem now is I just got a really good job here in the country that pays lets say about half a million. With my current projections, I could level up a bit more and settle down in 2 years

Now this current amount is more than what I will get paid in Russia both as a student or as a worker for the next 3 years (According to my projection). However, the school will cover accommodation, so the stipends are just for feeding, coffee, movies and dates, etc.

Do you think the masters is worth me giving up such a opportunity in Nigeria for the abroad?

In a nutshell, do you think having a foreign masters certificate is worth it?

I will advise you to go for the masters since is a scholarship program and you will still be paid some stipends while on it, it will broaden your view about life and places a better opportunity for you to become your dreams
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Metsolo: 10:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
Collect 500k job here oh.....
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Yankee101: 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
200k to small to live comfortably in Russia
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Dbb01(m): 11:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
CocoaOla:
if you are A youth oga move ooo for the sake of your children 500k will soon be worthless in nigeria ruled by evil yahoo governments that DONT care about the citizens

NIGERIA government looking for every opportunity to scam nigerians
Hmmm, Evil yahoo governments?
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by being(m): 11:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
Young & so naive!!
If u find yourself in exactly this kind of situation, don't attempt to make the foolish mistake!
Johel:

Nothing good in Nigeria...I rather work as a waiter abroad than be a bank manager in Nigeria.

@OP u need to find out more about what Russia holds for u! How is d weather, d society, d racism, d culture- are u OK with them? Are u fine staying there for 3 years? Also bear in mind that functionally, N200k in Russia might have d same purchasing power as N70k-100k in Nigeria. U should also consider 3 years of experience u would be losing vs a Russian M.S. degree. Also consider if d degree can be completed online or another one started even, from perhaps, UK, US but online.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by VanuatuWycombe: 11:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
kunle75:

But that's less than my weekly income even as side gigs while studying here in the state, I will advise him to see into future not the current 500k .
Who knows what will happen before buhari finish his tenure, that same amount might not be enough to take him home in 2023.
Just saying

Even at that, the 500k is too small. It’s because a lot of NLs don’t have that kind of job before that’s why they feel it’s big money (apologies, my NLs). As the OP starts earning the N500k so his expenditures too rise. OP would be comfortable with the pay but it’s going to be for a while.

Estonia is a bike away to you in Russia after your graduation. Your data sciences certificate can earn you minimum of €3,000 as a starter in Tallinn.

OP should go out and live in a saner environment. He would have conquered his country. Everything is going to be a work over for him anytime he returns home.

I have seen RCC pastor that was posted to COMMON East African country, he vowed never to return to Nigeria and said the worst is for the church to collect their job if they ask him to return. This country is in an everlasting darkness. God is not coming with light soon.

I bet you, companies like ExxonMobil Nigeria will come over there to head-hunt OP after his graduation and be ready to pay him more than double of N500k. That’s what most multinationals do, sourcing for key talents. If the OP misses the opportunity of escaping this gulag called Nig**ia, he is sitting on a looonnnng thing.

1 Like

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Jmichael1(m): 11:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
na only poor man dey call naija mumu country,make ur money here in nigeria,join the ruling party then u will knw nigeria is the best place to stay..
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by kunle75(m): 11:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
VanuatuWycombe:

Even at that, the 500k is too small. It’s because a lot of NLs don’t have that kind of job before that’s why they feel it’s big money (apologies, my NLs). As the OP starts earning the N500k so his expenditures too rise. OP would be comfortable with the pay but it’s going to be for a while.

Estonia is a bike away to you in Russia after your graduation. Your data sciences certificate can earn you minimum of €3,000 as a starter in Tallinn.

OP should go out and live in a saner environment. He would have conquered his country. Everything is going to be a work over for him anytime he returns home.

I have seen RCC pastor that was posted to COMMON East African country, he vowed never to return to Nigeria and said the worst is for the church to collect their job if they ask him to return. This country is in an everlasting darkness. God is not coming with light soon.

I bet you, companies like ExxonMobil Nigeria will come over there to head-hunt OP after his graduation and be ready to pay him more than double of N500k. That’s what most multinationals do, sourcing for key talents. If the OP misses the opportunity of escaping this gulag called Nig**ia, he is sitting on a looonnnng thing.

You said it all,I took a bold step 5yrs ago and I am glad I did
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by VanuatuWycombe: 11:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
kunle75:

You said it all,I took a bold step 5yrs ago and I am glad I did

I am happy you did, bro.
Most NLs don’t know the sh*thole called Nig*r*a is a dead-end of the world.
Nothing works there.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by 123papas(m): 12:13am On Nov 13, 2021
Men earning 7 digits wan japa. You wan stay
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Juliearth(f): 1:13am On Nov 13, 2021
Joey4321:
Hello guys, So this thing has been bothering me for quite a while now and I would like to have someone else's idea on it.

In my mid 20's currently undergoing a masters program at a Russian University (Somewhere around Moscow). Online because of the pandemic. The masters is a full scholarship with a little stipend calculated by your grades.
Now the borders are open and I have the opportunity of being there physically. Its kind of mandatory right now even. The scholarship is supposed to last 2 years with a mandatory third year where you will have to work for the school as payment for your scholarship. While studying you get paid, little money though, lets say 200k in conversion to naira. While working (On your third year) you also get paid but this depends on the role you interviewed for and your skill level. The masters is in Data Science and that is also my field.

But the only problem now is I just got a really good job here in the country that pays lets say about half a million. With my current projections, I could level up a bit more and settle down in 2 years

Now this current amount is more than what I will get paid in Russia both as a student or as a worker for the next 3 years (According to my projection). However, the school will cover accommodation, so the stipends are just for feeding, coffee, movies and dates, etc.

Do you think the masters is worth me giving up such a opportunity in Nigeria for the abroad?

If this was 6 years ago, I would have advised that you to take the job.... 500k might seem like a good deal (it actually is if it's the only offer on your plate). However, the scholarship still stands as the better offer.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by kunle75(m): 1:33am On Nov 13, 2021
VanuatuWycombe:

I am happy you did, bro.
Most NLs don’t know the sh*thole called Nig*r*a is a dead-end of the world.
Nothing works there.

You're right bro.

Common COVID-19 palliative here was $3200 for each us and almost doubled for some household but our country can't even do anything for the citizens, meennnn am even afraid to come visit
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by calcal: 2:12am On Nov 13, 2021
abobote:
Go for the Masters in Russia, you will gain more experience and will likely get a better job after the Masters. You can even get another job in Russia or travel to another European country from there

plus exposure to white pussy not bleached bitch.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Johel(m): 3:26am On Nov 13, 2021
being:
Young & so naive!!
If u find yourself in exactly this kind of situation, don't attempt to make the foolish mistake!

@OP u need to find out more about what Russia holds for u! How is d weather, d society, d racism, d culture- are u OK with them? Are u fine staying there for 3 years? Also bear in mind that functionally, N200k in Russia might have d same purchasing power as N70k-100k in Nigeria. U should also consider 3 years of experience u would be losing vs a Russian M.S. degree. Also consider if d degree can be completed online or another one started even, from perhaps, UK, US but online.

Be deceiving yourself
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by LuckyM: 6:20am On Nov 13, 2021
Can you please give us connecting hands to the school �
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Lisaint(m): 6:55am On Nov 13, 2021
I read the comments from page 0-5 page

Mehn it's not easy making such decisions

But OP since you're going to study
It will add to your CV

500k is nothing
When you start paying house rent

Even at Lafenwa area in Ogun state now
Room and parlor self now goes for 200-250k for a start

Now to talk of Ipaja,ikeja, Maryland and yaba axis

All I'm trying to say is
If you look into it
500k no get value here again

You go furnish house
See to family
Save for tomorrow

Now what if the 500k company decided to downseize or even reduce salary to meet up with economic demands?

We know this is Nigeria where there's no labor law!!

Where companies can just decide to hire or fire anytime!

As someone Rightly said
You can migrate to another country after your degree

In Nigeria here
Teaching is just theory

Why don't you migrate to Country that they will teach you theory and also practical?

And also who will cover the cost of tickets if you decide to travel out?

Is it you or the sch?

How much is it?

Do you have the amount?

Now OP how did you get a job of 500k in this present day Nigeria
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Gertyman: 7:46am On Nov 13, 2021
Your first mistake was, converting Russia Rubbles to Naira. Its a different economy, putting it in Naira does not stand pal to pal with the N500k job in Nigeria.

Secondly, Russia is not in European Union, so your chances of relocating to an EU country is low.

Thirdly, Opportunities in Russia aren't that great after study due to language barrier and the level of Russian Economy which is heavily dependent on Gas and not much industries compared to West.

So stick to Nigeria 500K job

1 Like

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by spydera: 7:52am On Nov 13, 2021
Kokonyo:
You have a job worth 500k in Nigeria, what advice do you need ? Just hold the job well, not all about traveling abroad o, you will return and back to job hunt, with such jobs you could travel for vacation anywhere in the world. Apply part time masters programs locally
Wickedness in low places
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by spydera: 7:55am On Nov 13, 2021
@op, please what is the website or scholarship plug for this your masters.
Have a brilliant junior cousin brother in a similar discipline as yours?
Please �
Thanks.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Joemetry(m): 8:02am On Nov 13, 2021
Joey4321:
Hello guys, So this thing has been bothering me for quite a while now and I would like to have someone else's idea on it.

Boss, go for the masters and also be kind to give me a concise guide to taking data science as a career path.

I have a degree in engineer both have made up my mind to switch to tech.
Thanks!
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by DrIkB: 10:02am On Nov 13, 2021
Joey4321:

Now the borders are open and I have the opportunity of being there physically. Its kind of

mandatory right now even. The scholarship is supposed to last 2 years with a mandatory third year where you will have to work for the school as payment for your scholarship. While studying you get paid, little money though, lets say 200k in conversion to naira. While working (On your third year) you also get paid but this depends on the role you interviewed for and your skill level. The masters is in Data Science and that is also my field.

OP; please give link to how you secured the scholarship. Thanks sir
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Wonderz1: 10:27am On Nov 13, 2021
Pls what's the name of the university i want to apply
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Zhirinovsky: 11:43am On Nov 13, 2021
Msc in data science is a fantastic degree and huge career ahead. I don't understand why you are even contemplating leaving such huge opportunity for just 500k Nigerian job you can even get sacked tomorrow. Nigerian working space is a nightmare with favoritism, Tribalism, witchcraft etc. You have a chance of leaping above them all and you are having a double mind.

With Data science skills you can be working for overseas companies from your room in Nigeria and making cool dollars.

You deserve a hot slap for this thread.
Come on! pack your bags and go for your msc program. Also, Keep your msc program travel discreet because envious witchcraft plenty.
Joey4321:

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Yaks02(m): 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2021
padi94:
Hmmmm... I stop advising people a long time ago on career matters, why cos I advice one guy and I ended up paying his rent for 2yrs. Cos the advice blowback

grin very funny but it's a big lesson for me
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by fortunechy(m): 2:12pm On Nov 13, 2021
I pray God to give you the Grace to have sense before it's too late....Just look at better opportunity to jakpa from this useless country, u are here still seeking for advise..... Mchteeeeeew!!!
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Omoobatogud(m): 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
Take this from someone who studied in Russia at both undergraduate and post graduate levels and now working in Nigeria, I’ll advise you stick to your 500k job in Nigeria as long as it is a sustainable one and the career growth plan is well defined.
See, Moscow is a beautiful city but the opportunities available for foreigners aren’t that fantastic. You might not get the opportunity to work in your desired field. But if if you see it as a gateway to go to other countries, with more opportunities for foreigners, then you might want to take the risk.
Don’t go just to Moscow because people are advising you to Japa. People have taken that risk and regretted it. They end up doing menial jobs over there to save face. You are in your mid 20s earning 500k, Bro that’s not a bad start and that’s even considering this present economy.
See it is simple, If you are planning to come back to Nigeria after the completion of your program, then it’s a risk not worth it as you are not guaranteed you’ll get a 500k paying job regardless of your newly added qualification There are a lot of people with foreign masters degree here in Nigeria still looking for even less paying jobs!
Be Wise! Take only well calculated risk!
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Newton2024: 7:17pm On Nov 13, 2021
Joey4321:

Congratulations Bro. My sister who graduated with first class needs your guidance concerning scholarship opportunities in Russia. Please kindly help.

I've sent email message to you. Thanks.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by mrstarkunle(m): 8:39am On Dec 07, 2021
Juliearth:

If this was 6 years ago, I would have advised that you to take the job.... 500k might seem like a good deal (it actually is if it's the only offer on your plate). However, the scholarship's still stands as the better offer.
Hello Ma'am, i saw your past

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N-power Agro Allied Aspirants Let Meet Here / How To Check Eligibility Status For N-power 2017 Test / Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.