Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria (21474 Views)

250k Job In Lagos Or 500k Job In Port Harcourt / How To Apply For The National Paid Volunteer Program With VSO Nigeria / A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by ogascomax: 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
They are people that went abroad for masters and couldn't achieve something with the master. My guy seek the face of God for advice because he understands the future more than us. They are things that look colourful but within them is darkness. Live can play you a decoy.

4 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by wunmi590(m): 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2021

Russia anytime, with all the packages you listed, pleas move and don't look back...

It seems I'm being more comfortable with this my salary, I think I will also be looking at the direction of studies
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by rickyrex(m): 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
First the mentality is that ones you earn a degree outside Nigeria your chances of getting a job here in Nigeria is fat... Make e come be masters you are good to go. But for me even if nah juju Dem use for me say make I stay for Nigeria do Masters when better offer dey abroad I go run leave this country. 500k I a cool money as a young champ to start life with but Bros your chances of sustaining such amount in the nearest future is not there. By the time you wake up see say fuel don increase, electricity don increase, house rent don increase, food stuff done increase. Nah you go take your hand ask yourself was I drunk when I had the opportunity to japa f I'm this country called nigeria. Bro your chances of earning more than that 500k in Russia or any other European country is there should you leave this country.

2 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by dahmie2013: 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
You are still very young. This is the time to invest more in yourself, please go to Russia already.

2 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Kokonyo(m): 5:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
You have a job worth 500k in Nigeria, what advice do you need ? Just hold the job well, not all about traveling abroad o, you will return and back to job hunt, with such jobs you could travel for vacation anywhere in the world. Apply part time masters programs locally
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Asour: 5:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Joey4321:
Hello guys, So this thing has been bothering me for quite a while now and I would like to have someone else's idea on it.

In my mid 20's currently undergoing a masters program at a Russian University (Somewhere around Moscow). Online because of the pandemic. The masters is a full scholarship with a little stipend calculated by your grades.
Now the borders are open and I have the opportunity of being there physically. Its kind of mandatory right now even. The scholarship is supposed to last 2 years with a mandatory third year where you will have to work for the school as payment for your scholarship. While studying you get paid, little money though, lets say 200k in conversion to naira. While working (On your third year) you also get paid but this depends on the role you interviewed for and your skill level. The masters is in Data Science and that is also my field.

But the only problem now is I just got a really good job here in the country that pays lets say about half a million. With my current projections, I could level up a bit more and settle down in 2 years

Now this current amount is more than what I will get paid in Russia both as a student or as a worker for the next 3 years (According to my projection). However, the school will cover accommodation, so the stipends are just for feeding, coffee, movies and dates, etc.

Do you think the masters is worth me giving up such a opportunity in Nigeria for the abroad?

In a nutshell, do you think having a foreign masters certificate is worth it?

Is your school HSE university or St Petersburg state University or Moscow state University?

I guess Open doors scholarship.

With a Data science degree, you should continue.
These schools are top notch & can be a springboard to getting bjobs in UK or Europe generally. (The UK has a new Technical Visa Initiative).

The naira is deflated so weigh your chances severally— especially since you can earn in foreign currencies. And I don't mean Moscow alone.

Would like to ask you some questions about studying in Moscow if you don't mind.

1 Like

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Teejay13(m): 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
The experience you will gain outside of this shore is massive compare to the amount you will be paid in Nigeria.

So choose wisely though.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Johel(m): 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
Joey4321:
Hello guys, So this thing has been bothering me for quite a while now and I would like to have someone else's idea on it.

In my mid 20's currently undergoing a masters program at a Russian University (Somewhere around Moscow). Online because of the pandemic. The masters is a full scholarship with a little stipend calculated by your grades.
Now the borders are open and I have the opportunity of being there physically. Its kind of mandatory right now even. The scholarship is supposed to last 2 years with a mandatory third year where you will have to work for the school as payment for your scholarship. While studying you get paid, little money though, lets say 200k in conversion to naira. While working (On your third year) you also get paid but this depends on the role you interviewed for and your skill level. The masters is in Data Science and that is also my field.

But the only problem now is I just got a really good job here in the country that pays lets say about half a million. With my current projections, I could level up a bit more and settle down in 2 years

Now this current amount is more than what I will get paid in Russia both as a student or as a worker for the next 3 years (According to my projection). However, the school will cover accommodation, so the stipends are just for feeding, coffee, movies and dates, etc.

Do you think the masters is worth me giving up such a opportunity in Nigeria for the abroad?

Nothing good in Nigeria...I rather work as a waiter abroad than be a bank manager in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by ehisforever24(m): 5:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hold your job, abroad is not running away
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by kunle75(m): 5:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
obajoey:
u can always get a side gig that pays more than the 500k while studying in Russia from the comfort of your home.

The masters will open more better doors I believe.

But 500k na money o make I no lie

But that's less than my weekly income even as side gigs while studying here in the state, I will advise him to see into future not the current 500k .
Who knows what will happen before buhari finish his tenure, that same amount might not be enough to take him home in 2023.
Just saying

1 Like

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by ogomilekan: 5:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Owerri1stSon: 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
Joey4321:

Stay in Nigeria and receive that 500k, use it to establish school in Nigeria be your boss.

I stay in Ukraine, very close to russia and I can confidently tell you that Russia is not a good place to go. Is just like the elder brother to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Saidfx(m): 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
OP, dont know about this package/offer you've got in Moscow. Its a very expensive city. Mehn..Devushka Krasivaya Ochin( very beautiful gals)..Been there and I can tell you their men are frkng mean, but better than this shithole. The ball is in your court!
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Timijo(m): 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
@op, your information about the 500k job is not complete. That is if you are not using us to catch cruise. A job that pays such monthly salary usually comes with some benefits like free or subsidize accommodation, car, health allowance and so on.
If you want honest advice, you need to let us know the terms and conditions of the job like the scholarship.
But if you want to travel for the scholarship, you must have a proper plan on what to do after the completion of your studies. Remember that life is a risk. You can go there and get a better job after the completion of your studies and you may not. You can also take the job here and flourish. But most importantly, ask God for His direction if you believe Him and weigh the two options thoroughly before you make a final decision.

1 Like

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
OMONGBALI:
Get out of this shithole, man.

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by crispviv: 5:33pm On Nov 12, 2021
Please stay away from Russia. Its not a good country. Bad economy. Not safe for blacks. My friends had such horrible experience there
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by blowjohn(m): 5:35pm On Nov 12, 2021
obajoey:
u can always get a side gig that pays more than the 500k while studying in Russia from the comfort of your home.

So which one u dey naw?

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Mandrake20(m): 5:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
A beg where una dey see diz #500k job. Help a brother pls
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by gidado14(m): 5:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
Joey4321:

with 500k salary you can go any where in the world and study if you save.

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 5:44pm On Nov 12, 2021
obajoey:

Don’t say what u don’t know get which side gig in Russia that pays more than 500k is it the Russia I know or another Russia
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 5:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ask your company if u can get a leave before u do anything.

That 500k job if it’s a government job stick to it don’t go to any useless Russia o
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by kpompey: 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
I advice to stay in Nigeria. I currently live in Europe studying and if I have your earnings now, I will not hesitate to return to Nigeria. Most of the country we run to are over hyped and you will not realise this till you come here, plus Russian economy is not as robust as you think. Many Russian citizens are scattered over EU state searching for greener pastures though you might be lucky.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Nyanabo(m): 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
Just my two cents bro.

For me I would take the opportunity to move to Russia. And not on that basis of how Russia is better than Nigeria bla bla bla. But for this following reasons.

1. Your carrier: you carrier as a data scientist won't be appreciated here in Nigeria. Moving to Russia you would available yourself to a world of opportunities as a data scientist. I don't know you current job in Nigeria but I'm certain it might not be in that field.

2. Self /career development: since you have already starting the process of gett an msc in data science why not complete it? You would be able to build your career and you would see people willing to help you achieve you goals to make you a better YOU.

3. Having a foreign masters is worth it if you hope of using it and not just accumulating your certificates

Lastly it's you call to make. The final decision is yours to make.

I'm also looking to go into data science I graduated last year with a computer science degree. Please how can I go about this scholarship stuff ? Put me through please.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by skywalker240(m): 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
visiondee:
@Op, if I advise you now, you go do ya mind....

Anyway, think about it, if you spent 3years in Russia, paid allawee of 200k with accommodation, think of the exposure and what it will add to your resumé, also, you starts a job here in Nigeria, you are collecting 500k, remove all expenditure including accommodation, what will you be left with... And will it add to your resumé? Let this decide your next step... Thank you....

NB: speaking under the influence of alcohol... No ask me wetin I talk when I wake up
Gbamest

Personally for me, I wouldn't think twice before i ditch this shithole, even when I know Russia is not an option, but i will take my chances considering the fact that for a equivalent of 200k am just taking only coffee house rent and tuition fees already covered
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Lance7621: 5:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
Naira value is so worthless that I doubt if it is valuable to any currency in the world.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by adedehinbo(m): 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
Go to russia, nigeria job isn't secured
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by aimalohi: 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
Am advising u sincerely, weigh the job security if its there stay here and do that job u can always save towards an online masters program abroad as time goes on. All d best
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Lamasta(m): 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2021
My brother stay for Russia o after 3 years you will get a better offer
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by skywalker240(m): 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
medropoly:
Bro stay your country jor..
No place like home grin
Yes, 500 a month

Light bill

Transportation

Siblings and relatives

DSTV

Foodstuffs and groceries

House rent

If he has a car, cost of fuel for the month

Miscellaneous for emergency bills

With the ever trigger happy dwindling economy

Plus maybe a Nigerian Girl friend

Quit this bad advice

angry angry angry angry
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by menacity(m): 6:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
Sir please what school and how did you apply because I need it too. I am currently earning what you will earn in Russia if you go but I need a scholarship to go over there too.

Joey4321:

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Mac2016(m): 6:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
Joey4321:

Even if na 1million I dey go oo. I just dey pray for a scholarship like you. Don't lose that opportunity to be a scholar. You will be in a better place in the nearest future. 500k per month in Nigeria nowadays is not something to write home about, bro.
Make i get scholarship like you lasan. I won't even think am twice to go study.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by StarGra: 6:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
Bro abeg send link for legit job....Go abroad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N-power Agro Allied Aspirants Let Meet Here / How To Check Eligibility Status For N-power 2017 Test / Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.