Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria (21477 Views)

250k Job In Lagos Or 500k Job In Port Harcourt / How To Apply For The National Paid Volunteer Program With VSO Nigeria / A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Joanosas2950: 6:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
Take it from someone who has stayed in Russia for 4 years, the Russian offer looks enticing but its a bad offer on the long term. Here are my reasons
1. 200k to rubles is probably 28k-29k rubles, you monthly expenses will be around 10k-15k rubles based on my experience. And if it is moscow with the crazy nightlife u might get too excited and blow it all � thats if u like flexing, which means you will barely save up to 1.5 million naira a year as compared to naija where u can easily save up to 4 million naira and in 2-3 years u are in canada or uk self sponsored enjoying the soft life over there

2. Russia jobs no dey make i tell u truth, its a nationalist country they will chop b4 u chop, meaning foreigners find it really difficult to get jobs. They prefer to hire themselves. Plus dont forget language barrier будет трудно братан it will take 2 yrs or more to get hold of it.

Summary: Russia is a country that takes more than it offers, u go enjoy ur time there at d expense of ur future

My advice 4 u is, Collect d 500k jobs , save 4 a couple of years and japa to a sure country i need not mention them. A place where you can have a now and a future. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by pseudonomer: 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Joey4321:
Hello guys, So this thing has been bothering me for quite a while now and I would like to have someone else's idea on it.

In my mid 20's currently undergoing a masters program at a Russian University (Somewhere around Moscow). Online because of the pandemic. The masters is a full scholarship with a little stipend calculated by your grades.
Now the borders are open and I have the opportunity of being there physically. Its kind of mandatory right now even. The scholarship is supposed to last 2 years with a mandatory third year where you will have to work for the school as payment for your scholarship. While studying you get paid, little money though, lets say 200k in conversion to naira. While working (On your third year) you also get paid but this depends on the role you interviewed for and your skill level. The masters is in Data Science and that is also my field.

But the only problem now is I just got a really good job here in the country that pays lets say about half a million. With my current projections, I could level up a bit more and settle down in 2 years

Now this current amount is more than what I will get paid in Russia both as a student or as a worker for the next 3 years (According to my projection). However, the school will cover accommodation, so the stipends are just for feeding, coffee, movies and dates, etc.

Do you think the masters is worth me giving up such a opportunity in Nigeria for the abroad?

In a nutshell, do you think having a foreign masters certificate is worth it?

I will advise to go Russia, with your skills which I believe is great, the compensation you’ll get after graduation is worth much more than any offer you’d receive right now.

You’ll have a foreign degree + your skill set.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Joanosas2950: 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
Are you saying its impossible to save up to 3 million naira a year on a 500k salary if one is determined.
I have been to Russia i can tell u for free the Nigerian offer is way better ..Nigeria is bad quite alright but migrating to the wrong place is way worse . Just ask people that have migrated to wrong places except u wan press labtop�
skywalker240:

Yes, 500 a month

Light bill

Transportation

Siblings and relatives

DSTV

Foodstuffs and groceries

House rent

If he has a car, cost of fuel for the month

Miscellaneous for emergency bills

With the ever trigger happy dwindling economy

Plus maybe a Nigerian Girl friend

Quit this bad advice

angry angry angry angry
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by stankezzy: 6:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
This guy if na juju they do u , use prayers scatter it,if na village people , use night vigil scatter it , for Nigeria way minimum wage be 18k you are lucky to get 500k job and u say u de go where?
The major problem u even have is that d people advising u are all villagers , one , foreign certificate doesn't mean automatic job,2 Russian economy is bad ,3 d only technology Russia have is producing weapons to intimidate d world ,they are not all that technological high except in weapons 4 Russia is a cold enemy to d west , usa,Canada and most developed countries, so with your masters where are u going to work, studying in Russia only will make d west to look u with d eyes they will be looking u if u are a Nigerian,so now u are a Nigerian that studied in Russia
There are many people that studied abroad , Germany , London , usa without job and u are leaving a good paying job to go study for Russia.
Do u know that a professor after spending many years lecturing is only paid 500k, apart from oil companies and politics ,no other job pays as high as u said , even as a starter.
Say no to your village people , help your self and your family, banking job that start from 7 to 9 pm most of them are earning 60k. Please don't make me to be angry with you

5 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Joanosas2950: 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
Take it from someone who has stayed in Russia for 4 years, the Russian offer looks enticing but its a bad offer on the long term. Here are my reasons
1. 200k to rubles is probably 28k-29k rubles, you monthly expenses will be around 10k-15k rubles based on my experience. And if it is moscow with the crazy nightlife u might get too excited and blow it all � thats if u like flexing, which means you will barely save up to 1.5 million naira a year as compared to naija where u can easily save up to 4 million naira and in 2-3 years u are in canada or uk self sponsored enjoying the soft life over there

2. Russia jobs no dey make i tell u truth, its a nationalist country they will chop b4 u chop, meaning foreigners find it really difficult to get jobs. They prefer to hire themselves. Plus dont forget language barrier будет трудно братан it will take 2 yrs or more to get hold of it.

Summary: Russia is a country that takes more than it offers, u go enjoy ur time there at d expense of ur future

My advice 4 u is, Collect d 500k jobs , save 4 a couple of years and japa to a sure country i need not mention them. A place where you can have a now and a future. Goodluck
Joey4321:
Hello guys, So this thing has been bothering me for quite a while now and I would like to have someone else's idea on it.

In my mid 20's currently undergoing a masters program at a Russian University (Somewhere around Moscow). Online because of the pandemic. The masters is a full scholarship with a little stipend calculated by your grades.
Now the borders are open and I have the opportunity of being there physically. Its kind of mandatory right now even. The scholarship is supposed to last 2 years with a mandatory third year where you will have to work for the school as payment for your scholarship. While studying you get paid, little money though, lets say 200k in conversion to naira. While working (On your third year) you also get paid but this depends on the role you interviewed for and your skill level. The masters is in Data Science and that is also my field.

But the only problem now is I just got a really good job here in the country that pays lets say about half a million. With my current projections, I could level up a bit more and settle down in 2 years

Now this current amount is more than what I will get paid in Russia both as a student or as a worker for the next 3 years (According to my projection). However, the school will cover accommodation, so the stipends are just for feeding, coffee, movies and dates, etc.

Do you think the masters is worth me giving up such a opportunity in Nigeria for the abroad?

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by mamawa123: 6:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
Please don’t ask me for advice because those people I advised in the past are all regretting today for taking my advice.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Shaev7(m): 6:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
Oga run na
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Exczz: 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Oppy2k2: 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Omooba, make I no lie give u, stick with the 500k job in naija. Have a plan say after 2-3 years, u will comfortably be in Canada.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by sisisioge: 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
Leave Russia alone biko....better stay in Nigeria grin
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by olas24u(f): 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2021
Stay on that job and look for an online masters ,dont go to russia
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by ogomilekan: 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2021
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by skywalker240(m): 7:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
Joanosas2950:
Are you saying its impossible to save up to 3 million naira a year on a 500k salary if one is determined.
I have been to Russia i can tell u for free the Nigerian offer is way better ..Nigeria is bad quite alright but migrating to the wrong place is way worse . Just ask people that have migrated to wrong places except u wan press labtop�
Oga I get people for Kazan and St Petersburg, no use the inflation for Russia take view and compare this shit hole, every blessed day the naira is losing value 500k is nothing for someone residing in asokoro or Ademola adetokunbo wuse2
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by mechanics(m): 7:52pm On Nov 12, 2021
Go for the latter.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by GodisFirst: 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
Guy, go Russia. don't miss this opportunity.
Good luck.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by overlord77: 8:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
Joey4321:

Bro, get the hell out of Nigeria. Trust me you will be glad you took the decision to leave. However, do remember that you are gonna be paid by the hour wherever you find yourself in Europe or america so be very ready to fold your sleeves and work. You will watch yourself grow and progress. #500k here might seem like a lot to you right now but it's actually nothing.

The decision is yours but as for me. I'd say take off.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by overlord77: 8:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
Oppy2k2:
Omooba, make I no lie give u, stick with the 500k job in naija. Have a plan say after 2-3 years, u will comfortably be in Canada.

Hahaha, easy to say
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Techguy96(m): 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
padi94:
Hmmmm... I stop advising people a long time ago on career matters, why cos I advice one guy and I ended up paying his rent for 2yrs. Cos the advice blowback
Always end advice with "I don't know, just say" or the "the choice is yours".

That way no advice can backfire.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Joanosas2950: 8:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ask ur people and kazan if dem make reach 500k on legit hustle , i talk about yahoo things just legit hustle.. only rent is around 20k - 30k rubles thats like 150k naira a month ..i have been there e no get weytin person fit tell me about Россия na i love the place die many lovely memories but i dont see myself making it big on legit hustle
skywalker240:

Oga I get people for Kazan and St Petersburg, no use the inflation for Russia take view and compare this shit hole, every blessed day the naira is losing value 500k is nothing for someone residing in asokoro or Ademola adetokunbo wuse2
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Jesse6(m): 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2021
This Nairaland self una don confuse the op kpata kpata
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by ifex370(m): 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
Debisy:
Masters in Russia is an ad on for you when you are done with your experience you will get better offer here or other European countries.

Are you in Russia as well?
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by siant: 8:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
Which job you get for naija in your mid 20s wey dey pay you 500k?
You be bank manager?
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by ifex370(m): 8:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
Moony45:
tough one. But you will end up paying back the scholarship if you quit

I don't get
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by sinola(m): 8:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
Grab the 500k job in naija and run it for 2yrs and apply for a better university in UK.
Leave all those Russia universities. They are not marketable globally
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by ifex370(m): 8:48pm On Nov 12, 2021
Nyanabo:
Just my two cents bro.

For me I would take the opportunity to move to Russia. And not on that basis of how Russia is better than Nigeria bla bla bla. But for this following reasons.

1. Your carrier: you carrier as a data scientist won't be appreciated here in Nigeria. Moving to Russia you would available yourself to a world of opportunities as a data scientist. I don't know you current job in Nigeria but I'm certain it might not be in that field.

2. Self /career development: since you have already starting the process of gett an msc in data science why not complete it? You would be able to build your career and you would see people willing to help you achieve you goals to make you a better YOU.

3. Having a foreign masters is worth it if you hope of using it and not just accumulating your certificates

Lastly it's you call to make. The final decision is yours to make.

I'm also looking to go into data science I graduated last year with a computer science degree. Please how can I go about this scholarship stuff ? Put me through please.

Send me a mail
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by obajoey(m): 8:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
kunle75:

But that's less than my weekly income even as side gigs while studying here in the state, I will advise him to see into future not the current 500k .
Who knows what will happen before buhari finish his tenure, that same amount might not be enough to take him home in 2023.
Just saying

Right..
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by obajoey(m): 8:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
Coldie:

Don’t say what u don’t know get which side gig in Russia that pays more than 500k is it the Russia I know or another Russia

Russia be two ni grin

I was being optimistic and futuristic sad
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Yeecar(m): 9:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
Joey4321:

Please whats the name of the school in Russia?
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by larryking540: 9:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
Joey4321:

let me not lie you ,I don't kw how they have painted oversea to you ,but I will be open to you ,most countries will pay you better by the standard of your passport,and don't expect a 1millionare job even after graduation bro trust me ,u better collect the 500k job and go for vacation overseas
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Nackzy: 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
500k Job oooooo oga
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Nyanabo(m): 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
ifex370:

Send me a mail

Hello bro good evening, are you into the Russian scholarship?

I sent you a mail like you asked.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by austinskinny: 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Wait ooo the 3 yrs is part of the Buhari regime... Let assume minus 2yrs from this bubu time the remaining one year for the unknown president... Bros enter Russia �� since u have hustling spirit everything will work out there... And I believe the 500k may be private corporate firm. Reason ham

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N-power Agro Allied Aspirants Let Meet Here / How To Check Eligibility Status For N-power 2017 Test / Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.