Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,815,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria (21475 Views)

250k Job In Lagos Or 500k Job In Port Harcourt / How To Apply For The National Paid Volunteer Program With VSO Nigeria / A Man Rejects 500K Job After 4 Yrs Of Joblessness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by pussymonger1: 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
PLS DONT LEAVE NIGERIA , NIGERIA IS SWEET , PUSEE EVERYWHERE , I HAVE FECK 45 LADIES ON NAIRALAND
Joey4321:
Hello guys, So this thing has been bothering me for quite a while now and I would like to have someone else's idea on it.

In my mid 20's currently undergoing a masters program at a Russian University (Somewhere around Moscow). Online because of the pandemic. The masters is a full scholarship with a little stipend calculated by your grades.
Now the borders are open and I have the opportunity of being there physically. Its kind of mandatory right now even. The scholarship is supposed to last 2 years with a mandatory third year where you will have to work for the school as payment for your scholarship. While studying you get paid, little money though, lets say 200k in conversion to naira. While working (On your third year) you also get paid but this depends on the role you interviewed for and your skill level. The masters is in Data Science and that is also my field.

But the only problem now is I just got a really good job here in the country that pays lets say about half a million. With my current projections, I could level up a bit more and settle down in 2 years

Now this current amount is more than what I will get paid in Russia both as a student or as a worker for the next 3 years (According to my projection). However, the school will cover accommodation, so the stipends are just for feeding, coffee, movies and dates, etc.

Do you think the masters is worth me giving up such a opportunity in Nigeria for the abroad?

In a nutshell, do you think having a foreign masters certificate is worth it?

1 Like

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by endsarrrs(f): 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
This guy above is really sick
padi94:
Hmmmm... I stop advising people a long time ago on career matters, why cos I advice one guy and I ended up paying his rent for 2yrs. Cos the advice blowback
Lol...that was an INCONCLUSIVE advice you gave the guy then... grin
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by benedictilemona(m): 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
Wic day me go get dis kind problem sef

2 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Tomahawk99(m): 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
Take the 500k monthly job and plan to be in Russia in the next 2-3 years. With careful planning and good money management you will be able to study in 2-3 years time in same Russia comfortably without scholarship.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by yemmight(m): 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
Una go just dey write the same story for here. Make una change the story I beg.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by ipobarecriminals: 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
sad Confused pipu plenty oo

1 Like

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by emmadejust(m): 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dey Nigeria and collect 500k ooo.

Russia cold & weather no be here
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by berniceunice: 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
padi94:
Hmmmm... I stop advising people a long time ago on career matters, why cos I advice one guy and I ended up paying his rent for 2yrs. Cos the advice blowback
grin
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by ipobarecriminals: 4:44pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ll sad Confused pipu plenty oo

1 Like

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by KUNZEH(m): 4:44pm On Nov 12, 2021
Please stay here. Don't go. Finish your program online. Russia is a bit harsh . Is it HSE Moscow?

1 Like

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by BossKingRex(m): 4:44pm On Nov 12, 2021
Joey4321:
Hello guys, So this thing has been bothering me for quite a while now and I would like to have someone else's idea on it.

In my mid 20's currently undergoing a masters program at a Russian University (Somewhere around Moscow). Online because of the pandemic. The masters is a full scholarship with a little stipend calculated by your grades.
Now the borders are open and I have the opportunity of being there physically. Its kind of mandatory right now even. The scholarship is supposed to last 2 years with a mandatory third year where you will have to work for the school as payment for your scholarship. While studying you get paid, little money though, lets say 200k in conversion to naira. While working (On your third year) you also get paid but this depends on the role you interviewed for and your skill level. The masters is in Data Science and that is also my field.

But the only problem now is I just got a really good job here in the country that pays lets say about half a million. With my current projections, I could level up a bit more and settle down in 2 years

Now this current amount is more than what I will get paid in Russia both as a student or as a worker for the next 3 years (According to my projection). However, the school will cover accommodation, so the stipends are just for feeding, coffee, movies and dates, etc.

Do you think the masters is worth me giving up such a opportunity in Nigeria for the abroad?

Some questions DON'T NEED to be answered. I honestly do not understand WHY a question like this should be asked publicly.

U nor get friends niii? Or u just want Nairalanders to know u got Russian visa?? grin grin grin

No offense, I'm just asking for my landlord.

2 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by kinzd(m): 4:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
imagine 500k per month for 3yrs na Chairman you be brotherly.....
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Moony45: 4:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
tough one. But you will end up paying back the scholarship if you quit
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Clement01234: 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
Advising you on this matter will be wasting of time because you already analyze it on opportunity cost. Look at your opportunity cost can you make more than 200k, what of security here in Nigeria? What of Job security? A lot of things to be consider before jumping the gun. Congrats bro
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by emapeteum(m): 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
This write-up is not true
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by tritt(m): 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
In other words, bros remain for that Russia, na buhari and him people still dey govt. Use your Kafa.

padi94:
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by alfred007(m): 4:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
Whatsoever rocks your boat.
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by ivolt: 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2021
obajoey:
u can always get a side gig that pays more than the 500k while studying in Russia from the comfort of your home.

The masters will open more better doors I believe.

But 500k na money o make I no lie
Have you ever lived in Russia?
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by ignis: 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2021
Move to russia
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by rotile247(m): 4:52pm On Nov 12, 2021
Continue with the scholarship. The job pay is a lot now but in the long run might not be the best.

1 Like

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by worldclass68(m): 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
visiondee:
@Op, if I advise you now, you go do ya mind....

Anyway, think about it, if you spent 3years in Russia, paid allawee of 200k with accommodation, think of the exposure and what it will add to your resumé, also, you starts a job here in Nigeria, you are collecting 500k, remove all expenditure including accommodation, what will you be left with... And will it add to your resumé? Let this decide your next step... Thank you....

NB: speaking under the influence of alcohol... No ask me wetin I talk when I wake up

True talk......
Nigerian job? what If he gets fired tomorrow sef ( pray not ).
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by ppogba: 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
emmykk:
Once Nairaland start with xzy job in Uk and abc job in America thread that is how they will be asking in the next one month.

Me I believe everybody know what is good for him

They just want to be catching cruise and make jobless and hopeless youth to keep wallowing in deep depression.
Someone even wants to know whether to open salon or travel out.
I am still waiting for the fellow who will ask whether to drink his garri with water or kerosene.

6 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
Do what you think is good for you..
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by obajoey(m): 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
Russia bawo?

Me wey I never even enter embassy before..

but if u get link, I no mind o

ivolt:

Have you ever lived in Russia?
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 12, 2021
Joey4321:

In a nutshell, do you think having a foreign masters certificate is worth it? Take the two jobs cos obasanjo is dead. And coming right now. LoL

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 4:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
I don't like Russia
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by house10s: 4:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
Joey4321:

ur village people don dey call u
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by silvercute(m): 4:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
If it was me oooo ( disclaimer here)

I’ll stay with my Nigerian job. Your mission after completing your studies should be settling down overseas and working there but I don't think Russia is that place to do that. Racism, bad weather plus the small exchange rate with naira is enough no no for me. And should you have to quit the country and return to naija then you’ve lost that 500k job opportunity.
I’ll rather that equivalent 200k in naija and travel elsewhere with the money saved where I’m sure I can get permanent residency and a comfortable country to work and develop more.

All japa no be the same oo. No go rust for Europe wey racism no get joy.

My one cent tho.

1 Like

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by femi4: 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
Joey4321:

500k/500..... that's $1000. Just get out of this country
Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
obajoey:
u can always get a side gig that pays more than the 500k while studying in Russia from the comfort of your home.

The masters will open more better doors I believe.

But 500k na money o make I no lie
You don't know Russia

1 Like

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by chloride6: 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
Russia masters na masters.

Better go to Unilag..

2 Likes

Re: Masters Scholarship Program With ₦200k Allowance In Russia, ₦500k Job In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
EMEKA1MILLION:
Collect the 500k job, save up and relocate to a better country...

The cold for that Russia is frightening
true and putin regime is as bad as bubu. Opposition leader Alexei was almost assassinated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N-power Agro Allied Aspirants Let Meet Here / How To Check Eligibility Status For N-power 2017 Test / Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.