Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? (28497 Views)

Nairaland Baby Is 5. Hurray!! Wish Me Well, dear Uncles And Aunties!! / Have Your Parents, Uncles, Aunts Ever Found Your Stashed Items Before? / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by Prosmobi: 8:07am On Nov 13, 2021
My intention is to sell those land when i graduate and travel out...
Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by Drella(m): 8:20am On Nov 13, 2021
Khallicopyro:

Na God get power sha but I know wetin dem know

Anyone,just make sure you dey strong.
I don see lawyers wey pull out of such cases...no be small thing.
Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by OBTOREPA(m): 8:35am On Nov 13, 2021
Avoid land issue my friend, it has taken a lot of life's.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by lastburn(m): 9:18am On Nov 13, 2021
Just write not for sale on your property
Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by Ndipe(m): 10:03am On Nov 13, 2021
Can you have obtain a cease and desist letter from the court and hand it over to him?
Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by SavageResponse(m): 10:07am On Nov 13, 2021
Prosmobi:
Goodevening NairaLanders. Please, which law enforcement agency can i report my uncles to... They have been trespassing on my father's land even when the case is in court.

Why is there a case in court?

Do your uncles have a valid claim to the land in question?
Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by Divoc19(f): 10:13am On Nov 13, 2021
Yes. From experience.
Samuelriano1:

if it was you blood, will you say the same thing you just said
Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by Divoc19(f): 10:14am On Nov 13, 2021
Na only me and you normal here
Thesaint141:

Oil dey ur head.
Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by vickydevoka(m): 10:53am On Nov 13, 2021
ChiefOlabowla:
My brother let me advise you. Allow them sell the land. You go buy your own. E get why
Best advice. My papa leave all him land for him step brothers. I ask am y, him say if u de alive u fit hustle buy another one, buh of u fight them them go kill u carry de land na d go still bury u.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by vickydevoka(m): 10:54am On Nov 13, 2021
My brother if u get sense leave all the land. Any uncle way follow u de drag land fit kill u. Na him brother so leave am for them. I believe de land de village dats y. So u no get any proof or papers
Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by vickydevoka(m): 10:57am On Nov 13, 2021
Ynix:

What does the will says, first and foremost go on a series of fasting and prayers ensure you spoil all their demonic and devilish plans by prayers. Tell God to hand over to then problems that they won't have time to do other things except they repent.
Then get a good lawyer that is about your age range in your network of friend to sue them for trespassing.
This is 9ja. U might be do same to ur siblings. It's in our blood.
Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by vickydevoka(m): 10:59am On Nov 13, 2021
dominique:
I remember a case my mum gisted me about one of her CoE course mates back in the early 80s when teachers were trained for free and even got monthly stipends. One day mid-semester, he suddenly started packing to return to the east. Why? Because he got message that his uncles were already encroaching on his father's land and might soon take over it. All attempts to discourage him from going fell on deaf ears, at least he should end the semester before travelling but he remained adamant. He left to fight for his father's land and he was never seen or heard from again. There was no GSM or easy access to phones then, nobody knew where to locate him. They went on to graduate the next year and nobody heard from him still. This was someone that prided himself as the first person to earn post secondary school education in his family but never got to graduate. Dragging property with evil, desperate people especially if you have no physical or spiritual backup ends in tragedy most times. Hustle and aquire your own property, nobody will drag it with you.
Those village lands are not worth fighting for. Land way I knew no how en take come I wan de drag, God forbid, people get mind o. I can't fight my uncle for my father's land in my State. Outside my state I might if I'm having de documents

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by SmilingImabong: 11:24am On Nov 13, 2021
What happens in the case where the land has been sold already but you still have the documents with you as the son?
Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by David160(m): 11:47am On Nov 13, 2021
Prosmobi:
there's an injunction but they keeping on trepassing...i don't understand the Nigerian judiciary system again.
then that's contempt of court.

Report their actions to the court.
Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by Ynix(m): 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2021
vickydevoka:

This is 9ja. U might be do same to ur siblings. It's in our blood.
When I already decided since my 12 years old not to take out of my father's property and I have repeatedly sounded it to him that even though I am his first born I am not interested in his properties, I am a big dreamer and thinker I won't need the properties my father has, and I am already working on the mind of my younger ones to become financially abundant such that they won't need it. May be we will even use it for charitable activities if our plans works out.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by Eastcaostboy: 7:00pm On Nov 13, 2021
Prosmobi:
Goodevening NairaLanders. Please, which law enforcement agency can i report my uncles to... They have been trespassing on my father's land even when the case is in court.
How old are you?
Re: How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? by Prosmobi: 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2021
Eastcaostboy:
How old are you?
23yrs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Prevent The Boy Child From Sexual Abuse / I Am In A State Of Dilemma... Should I Move On? / Is It A Crime To Admit That Your Spouse Is Older Than You? (my Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.