Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? (22611 Views)

My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us / Would You Return The Money To Your Parents After The Floggings? (Photo) / 22-Year-Old Girl Disowned By Her Parents After Being Released From Prison.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by GboyegaD(m): 6:09am On Nov 14, 2021
ramatintin:
when traditional rite are performed in the sight of God one is married cos the parents have given their blessings

You can't be on different pedestals and be enforcing your understanding. You need to ensure you guys can connect at both ends and besides everyone has a right to what they want/desire.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Nikeruka(m): 6:28am On Nov 14, 2021
Bola146:
sad Always cut your cloth according to your cloth not size sad why not do small traditional wedding and go to the court straight all in low key?
You really get sense
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by iPresh4s(m): 6:49am On Nov 14, 2021
Once You pay bride price, carry your wife go house.

The rest na Unnecessary waste of resources

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Femi8586(m): 7:02am On Nov 14, 2021
Righteousness2:
She was Absolutely right! That is How it is meant to be.

Except you wanna Deceive yourself,You cannot Profess JESUS Christ and leave that out.
Culture cannot substitute the Place of the Church.
We are Belivers in Christ and until you are wedded before the Body of Christ you don't have a Complete Marriage.

That is Exactly what happened for my sisters.

These things are known right from the introduction.

There's nothing wrong in both but traditional wedding is the most important. It even has biblical backing. That cannot be said of church wedding.

Jesus attended a traditional wedding and performed a miracle there. So don't demonize traditional wedding.

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by litaninja(m): 7:05am On Nov 14, 2021
Nigerians still do not realize that a "white" wedding is just another culture's "traditional" wedding.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:25am On Nov 14, 2021
BabaIbo:
This post is for intending grooms.

I made this post because it was one of the major reasons I parted with my ex(it was a serious relationship) few years ago, then I wasn't financially stable as I am now, so my decision was inline with my capability then. She told me she won't move in with me unless I do church wedding even after the trad. and she was serious about it. She wasn't ready to reason with me.

Considering the fact that majority of the men( those within the marriageable age range and above but are not financially stable enough to run everything at once) have the plan of doing the white wedding first, later on do the church wedding when they are more financially stable.

This led me to running a check recently and I find out that in some homes or families, they don't allow their daughters to move in with their husbands even after the men have paid their bride prices, until the church(or white) wedding has been done.

Dear single men, what do you think about this?
Can you cope with it until you're ready for your church wedding?

To the married ones, did you experience this?
How were you able to handle it?

MODs, please do the needful.
I remember when I did mine. My mum said no. That once you pay a woman's bride price, she now belongs to your family. I had wanted her to wait until the church wedding before moving to my house but my mum said she should come and stay with her instead of staying at her parent's at least.
I asked the pastor and to my surprise, he enlightened me that even in the Bible, the bride price payment was the true act of marriage. No one did wedding in a church by a priest. That's the white man's invention.
I then agreed she should move to my parent's till the church wedding.

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by starlingbawa(m): 7:39am On Nov 14, 2021
Is this topic really important at this time considering the many uncertainties in the Country?
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Comedian2019: 7:44am On Nov 14, 2021
ednut1:
There should be one wedding which is trad. All these ones are just nonsense and waste of funds
One of the most sensible comments I've read in a while.
Most Nigerians are brainwashed. They don't know that marriage ceremonies are traditional and not religious.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Comedian2019: 7:47am On Nov 14, 2021
Righteousness2:

Except you wanna Deceive yourself,You cannot Profess JESUS Christ and leave that out.
We are Belivers in Christ and until you are wedded before the Body of Christ you don't have a Complete Marriage.

Can you refer to any christian wedding in the bible?
Don't beat about the bush, just cite one wedding officiated by Jesus Christ or any of his Apostles.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Whyte96(m): 8:16am On Nov 14, 2021
Iyaebe:
That vows before God is the most important after bride price, so you are only fully and truly married after church wedding
na true,
dey dere dey deceive your self.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by ramatintin(m): 8:27am On Nov 14, 2021
GboyegaD:

You can't be on different pedestals and be enforcing your understanding. You need to ensure you guys can connect at both ends and besides everyone has a right to what they want/desire.
the Jews,Romans and the Greek has one rite that the perform which is their traditional why is ours different.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Alexo4real(m): 8:27am On Nov 14, 2021
U can do both trad. and white wedding at same time. All u need is her wedding gown and ur suit, go to church and wed then do reception and traditional marriage together.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by eventainment(m): 8:30am On Nov 14, 2021
Iyaebe:
Oh,just because of the peanut you paid as bride price is enough to claim somebody's daughter abi. Mtcheww
Only us go do our traditional marriage. Then you go go do white man traditional wedding. Then court.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Drunkdick85(m): 8:42am On Nov 14, 2021
yuping:

Lol Africans, please is there any where in the Bible that states that a wedding without offering is annul, I'm just asking/curious and I'm always ready to learn please put me in the right direction.

Oh so Pastor should come to the traditional wedding venue and pray abi?
You forget work chop and where person dey work him dey chop. He cannot collect offering at the venue.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Lifewasgood: 8:44am On Nov 14, 2021
Iyaebe:
All of you men going to pay only bride price and postponing the rest are just looking for ticket to free sex.She's fully your wife and free to move in with you only after church wedding.

Me wey nor dey attend church nnkor
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by emonis88: 9:49am On Nov 14, 2021
Iyaebe:
All of you men going to pay only bride price and postponing the rest are just looking for ticket to free sex.She's fully your wife and free to move in with you only after church wedding.
Lol! Ur funny, ok let the man do d church wedding n postpone the trad? Even when u go to do church wedding u il asked to bring letter of consent from the lady's family to show u ve done the traditional, if u don't know , know it today that the most important is the traditional, cus in front of God u r married cus u ve taken consent from the parents n the man has given what he was asked for from the parents n they ve given their consent. U il take a borrowed tradition to tie urself down? No I won't accept that, ok if the traditional is not marriage , y don't the parents keep collecting money from suitors till anyone of them who does church wedding then claims the bride. Lol!!!!!!
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 14, 2021
elantraceey:
Lol.. she wasn't serious with you. My parents just did church wedding last year cheesy

You dey joke abi? Lol...
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by emonis88: 10:07am On Nov 14, 2021
eventainment:

Only us go do our traditional marriage. Then you go go do white man traditional wedding. Then court.
U see even like that , the traditional u r doing as reception, is just to make it seem so in public, the family of the girl il first collect all the demands of her family, bf they il even allow u go to church.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Fourwinds: 10:08am On Nov 14, 2021
Righteousness2:

Mary and Joseph married in a traditional way...the Jesus Christ that later came did not condemn it...what do you Christians read that I don't see in the Bible
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Ever8090: 10:19am On Nov 14, 2021
Iyaebe:
That vows before God is the most important after bride price, so you are only fully and truly married after church wedding
stupid talk...show me where it is in the Bible that you must do church wedding..rubbish...
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by elantraceey(f): 10:26am On Nov 14, 2021
DominusPrime:

You dey joke abi? Lol...

I'm not joking na.... You nor see the pictures ni?
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by sooperrescue(m): 11:18am On Nov 14, 2021
Righteousness2:

Please refer us to a Bible verse where we were told to do white wedding? The significance of the white man wedding on us and if they pay 25 shekels of silver
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by GboyegaD(m): 11:25am On Nov 14, 2021
ramatintin:
the Jews,Romans and the Greek has one rite that the perform which is their traditional why is ours different.

It is individualistic and that is why they have to sync up. Post marriage there are issues and if you are not in sync, no culture/ religion will help the situation.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Teymanhenry(f): 11:55am On Nov 14, 2021
Even the bible itself does not recognize the church wedding. What it said was payment of bride price either in cash or kind. It recognises an agreement between the brides family and the grooms family. The so-called church wedding is the white man's culture and most of them dont even do it in church
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Sammology: 11:58am On Nov 14, 2021
I thought tradition means the people’s way of life
Traditional marriage is you people’s way of getting married
Do not be deceived there is nothing like white wedding
Did Jesus ever presided over any wedding in the Bible, instead he was a wedding guest, that was done in the Jews tradition.
Jesus was a Jew not a Christian
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by obonujoker(m): 12:00pm On Nov 14, 2021
Righteousness2:

Not totally true...

I did introduction, and traditional marriage, and paid my bride price when I married... I didn't do church...

What God looks at is the bride price and parents consent...

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by yuping(m): 12:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
Drunkdick85:

Oh so Pastor should come to the traditional wedding venue and pray abi?
You forget work chop and where person dey work him dey chop. He cannot collect offering at the venue.
Na you talk am ooo, this table u dey shake sooo

2 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Mariangeles(f): 1:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
Munzy14:

Mba kwa o...Trad is first..Even in the bible..Because mgbe ahu ka a ga akwu ugwo ishi Nwaanyi na...That dowry payment is very very important...O ya wu the main main...

Ihe ndi ozo so ya wuzi ceremony.

For me, instead of doing all those glamour stuffs, I rather do a simple few family and friends thing...

Were ego m spoil wa zie nwunye m grin
Mana nsogbu ya wu, mpa m na mma m wunu enyioha, mgbe o liri my grandma, ndi o na emehu invite ka ji ya ewere ya iwe ma taa.. grin ka mgbe 2019.

Ma ya fokwa mgbe asi di okpara lu ga nwaanyi..hehehe ike gwuru o

Anyway, how I will do it is going to be a decision between I and nwunye m ga alu..

No third party influence at all.

Easier said than done.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 14, 2021
elantraceey:

I'm not joking na.... You nor see the pictures ni?

I see am o...I think say na anniversary...lol...so happy for them
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Tutu19: 1:32pm On Nov 14, 2021
Iyaebe:
until u realise that church wedding is traditional to Europe, u will continue to be foolish people in Africa. The one u call bride price payment is ur traditional marriage while church marriage is traditional to Europe.. Mumu church goers

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Evan65: 1:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
Iyaebe:
Oga traditional marriage is the main marriage. Another marriage is not necessary. What do you mean by she is fully your wife and free to move in with you only after church wedding. Who tell you that one Una go dey carry do high service
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Munzy14(m): 2:02pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mariangeles:

Easier said than done.
Smh...I mahu m sha.. cheesy

But why ujoor na eji atu kariri umu nwaanyi ma ya bia na umu ihe ndia?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / Woman Divorced For Receiving Blood Donation From Shitte Member (pics) / Moving On With Life After Divorce. How Do You Cope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.