Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,334 members, 7,836,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? (30678 Views)

How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK? / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? / Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by armyofone(m): 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
@ thread

It must be big life changes - can you imagine from :-

light to darkness
Water to water less
No typhoid to weekly or monthly typhoid
Noiseless to noisefull
Smog less air to smog full air
Driving or riding bus to trekking
wink
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow everyone of us.

1 Like

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Andercruz: 7:59pm On Nov 16, 2021
Roddyricch1:

Honestly bro, when you fall you go know who really get your back. I'm in a similar situation at the moment, although I came back because my contract expired and uae stopped issuing visa to Nigerians so I couldn't renew. My story dey one kind because e just be like I go waste my time for that way, over 2m I saved, I used it to invest in naija but the business crumbled within some months and i lost a lot, I was still in uae when I gave someone money to invest in that business sha and I regret it till this moment. I didn't plan to come back now, I wanted to stay for 2 more years so I can save more, unfortunately the visa issue happened. Came back like a month ago, naija is boring af and worse still if you no get money. Nobody send me again, even those wey I dn help alot in the past, well nobody owe me anything sha. I hope I don't fall into depression at this point because help is not forth coming but I believe as life dey, hope dey.

Don't give in to depression. God will help you if you're true to him. Keep hope alive. A living dog is better than a dead lion. Certainly, you'll scale through the huddle.

4 Likes

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by aryzgreat: 7:59pm On Nov 16, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
Oduduwa was deported from heaven to Ile Ife for wickedness

grin

Madooo grin
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Wawelexy(m): 8:04pm On Nov 16, 2021
Winters23:
I made $2m legit from home in 2 months. Who needs abroad when you can work abroad from home.

Baba, show me way now, make I be ur apprentice....
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Wawelexy(m): 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
Winters23:
I made $2m legit from home in 2 months. Who needs abroad when you can work abroad from home.

Let me learn from u please...
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by mystikal(m): 8:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

I can never be deported instead I tear my passport
They will still deport you with the torn passport together o
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by kkinternet: 8:18pm On Nov 16, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

Yeah maybe Angola,south Africa or Tanzania

Lol..I doubt...Sudan or Somalia
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by lereinter(m): 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
Joysticks:
Selling properties and travel abroad for a greener pasture is the greatest mistake you will ever make.
Illegal or legal African immigrants hardly get a well paid job.They end up sweeping the streets washing plates and doing terrible jobs that they cannot do in Nigeria.

Even in their Africa where do they get well paid jobs
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Ashirioluwa: 8:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
Winters23:

You made $2 million (US dollars) in 2 months. Are you sure of this because $2 million is over 1 billion naira. You are really doing good.

Honestly I will retire with $1 million (US dollar).
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by grahamokojie(m): 8:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

Burn your finger print as well because they take it before issuing visa

1 Like

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by AngelicBeing: 8:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
smiley
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by gabbytabby: 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
I was never deported but would like to advice those planning to go abroad or those currently abroad that If you do not have your correct papers do not sell any major assets in 9ja before you leave.

Even when you do have papers but it is time limited, always think ahead and have several plan of action ( including if you have to go back to 9ja ) and put them in action. Eg at the end of your studies in UK, can you change to a working or immigrant visa if not can you do this in another country say Canada? what are the requirements for this and start to prepare ASAP.

Your destiny is in your hands and try to develop a positive outlook on life as a majority of 9ja do not possess this (they will always point out how things are going to go wrong instead of what needs to be done to make it right) and do not allow other people to decide what is impossible for you. Be solution driven with a can do attitude always ask what do I need to do to get from point a to point be or achieve my objective and apply yourself accordingly. In some countries you might have to go back to really get ahead in a meaningful way (you might even have to go for another degree in the same field that you did in 9ja.

You are a child of God and he will make a way. When I first travelled I had said to myself if I do not get anything half decent within 6 months I will go back to 9ja ( now I look back at the audacity of a 20 year old graduate dearing to dream but one needs to have that level of focus) the rest they say is history. You will succeed despite all the obstacles including discrimination. Be quick to learn, slow to anger and above all be humble.

10 Likes

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by 360command: 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2021
swedbase:

Fake story. They would have noticed it when they were taking his finger prints before deportation. They couldn't see his database in the system?
you dey mind that guy. E get one Mexican American friend wey tell me say police catch am, this Hispanic boy talk say him no get ID. Police come arrest am put am for detention camp . In the end, dem run the guy prints, see say him na Americana . Omo, na so dem let am go sharply.

2 Likes

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by pacificom: 8:51pm On Nov 16, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

Hey Omo, you wan make dem throw your ass to congo or ghana where dem go roast your ass like bush meat before you begin confess your true nationality. I beg no try am.

1 Like

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by GboyegaD(m): 8:55pm On Nov 16, 2021
Roddyricch1:

Honestly bro, when you fall you go know who really get your back. I'm in a similar situation at the moment, although I came back because my contract expired and uae stopped issuing visa to Nigerians so I couldn't renew. My story dey one kind because e just be like I go waste my time for that way, over 2m I saved, I used it to invest in naija but the business crumbled within some months and i lost a lot, I was still in uae when I gave someone money to invest in that business sha and I regret it till this moment. I didn't plan to come back now, I wanted to stay for 2 more years so I can save more, unfortunately the visa issue happened. Came back like a month ago, naija is boring af and worse still if you no get money. Nobody send me again, even those wey I dn help alot in the past, well nobody owe me anything sha. I hope I don't fall into depression at this point because help is not forth coming but I believe as life dey, hope dey.

I don't know if this applies but have you tried looking for your job as a remote job you can do from Nigeria if possible?
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by pacificom: 8:55pm On Nov 16, 2021
Better jump out of the plane, and you automatically bypass the stress of blending with the fvcking society.
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2021
Amalekki:

Don't mind him. I wonder where some of them get their funny info from grin
Dumb people! they thought sweeping the streets is bad? or wrong? Street sweepers are on £21000 a year. 6 weeks paid holiday and 12 months paid sick leave. Good pension I know! I was a road sweeper. Before i became a train driver and a lorry driver. I liked my road sweeping job, one of the most honest and stressless job i ve ever done.

People used to buy me coffee and breakfast every morning in the winter. Free food in macdonald, Cafes and Burger King.

I bought my house from sweeping the streets for 12 years. Worked for a local council.

A white English man sweeps my street now,street sweeping isn't just for foreigners. I also worked as a refuse loader/sweeper with the westminster council where i crossed parts with MP's and celebrities all the time while emptying their bins. grin sounds amazing right?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by olajohnson542: 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
How did you made such amount teach me now if that’s true
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
kingsceemark:
Mods of this forum just dey threaten people anyhow on this forum simple because they have the power to do so, see what I saw today on my profile, and I'm commenting right away, how can you banned someone and the person still have access to comment, I don't even know the offense I have committed, is this not a threat?
They are Foooollss!!
That's the same way they banned me from properties section for opening a new topic like everyone else. It was unmerited. For no just reason. I sent them a mail and nothing has been said in response. No apology. Nothing. They just get away with whatever they do.
Unprofessional, power-hungry lots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2021
One guy. because of his stature and look alike then... We named him Wande Coal. He was deported from France. He would engaged himself into different types of work from cutting grass to others not knowing he has other motives. He connived with one beautiful lady in my area. Through Africhat or Mtnchat,...... (No WhatsApp, 2go or Facebook) then. They lured one guy from Lagos ( a son of a big man) to Abeokuta and demanded ransom with other guys from Ibadan. Police later came and burst therm, which led to the arrest of him and other syndicates. It is very hard for some deportees to pick themselves
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by swedbase(m): 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2021
360command:
you dey mind that guy. E get one Mexican American friend wey tell me say police catch am, this Hispanic boy talk say him no get ID. Police come arrest am put am for detention camp . In the end, dem run the guy prints, see say him na Americana . Omo, na so dem let am go sharply.
Na so bro. Na the process be that. Background check which include finger prints
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by xandy84: 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2021
Lorry driver... You are a joker. The last time someone said lorry was years ago by my grandma of blessed memories. It's truck driver bro....lol

gypsey:
Dumb people! they thought sweeping the streets is bad? or wrong? Street sweepers are on £21000 a year. 6 weeks paid holiday and 12 months paid sick leave. Good pension I know! I was a road sweeper. Before i became a train driver and a lorry driver. I liked my road sweeping job, one of the most honest and stressless job i ve ever done.

People used to buy me coffee and breakfast every morning in the winter. Free food in macdonald.

I bought my house from sweeping the streets for 12 years. Worked for a local council.
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by MMotimo: 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2021
Whatever you do, don’t make the mistake of going back abroad to engage in crime.
The story of Nairaland’s famous rapist, Oyinbogoju, is still very fresh in the crime section. Japan graciously deported him to Nigeria for money laundering (let’s just say Yahoo) and sexual criminality. Instead of stopping with that, he went to the US and violently raped a 13 year old child. He was duly tried on 12 criminal charges and rewarded with 3 life sentences + 76 years. No deportation, just life long imprisonment at the age of 31.

Don’t be like Oyinbogoju, don’t take deportation for granted. A lot of countries will try you , convict you and incarcerate you based on their own justice systems. Deportation after committing crime is a favor to you, don’t waste the opportunity to repair your life.

https://www.nairaland.com/6793272/follow-up-nigerian-locked-up#106570289

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by fapcrook(m): 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
Many people deported themselves and doing fantastically at home, no one deported them. A brother once told me he regretted wasting five years of his life abroad when he can do well at home. Different folks , different stories

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
xandy84:
Lorry driver... You are a joker. The last time someone said lorry was years ago by my grandma of blessed memories. It's truck driver bro....lol

Okay, thank you for the lecture, anything else? you might wanna go take a look in a dictionary.
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by olamoses75(m): 10:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
I’m not one, and not praying to be one. But, you’re deported from a country like the one you left. You’re not deported from heaven, so what’s the ruse for? I won’t even think about it, life must continue.
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by shopwiser: 10:31pm On Nov 16, 2021
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by DCatt: 10:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
No need to go to another country, stay home and make the best out of it. If you leave the country when you are given the notice to leave, you will have your money and other stuff with you. All you will to do when you get home is to continue living . Start small with 1 br apt and taxi business, then go from there.
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by ttmacoy: 10:48pm On Nov 16, 2021
I agree, me I made $10m in 1 month cheesy

Winters23:

1 Like

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by grandstar(m): 10:49pm On Nov 16, 2021
juman:

All the jobs you mentioned are gold mine.
You can save ten million naira yearly doing it.

How

A job with potential is being a caretaker to an old person. If it comes with food and room, you can save most of your salary if you're serious. It's only clothes and shoes you need to pay for.
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Amalekki: 11:05pm On Nov 16, 2021
gypsey:

People used to buy me coffee and breakfast every morning in the winter. Free food in macdonald.

Dignity in labour! Something lots of our people simply don't understand.

2 Likes

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by ebullient19(f): 11:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
You were deported I guess
MrPresent:
Who wan accept say e be deportee grin grin grin

How to spot a Deportee
They always say these things
"Abroad is hard"
"Whites are Racist".
"I will never encourage even my enemy to travel out. Never"
"Whites hate the black man".
"They will never give you a good job".

Also, they are always speaking stupid Phonetics and always ending with "yeah men".
They can wear sweater under heat just to prove a point.
They can gist you of how they were footballers in Europe and even met Queen Elizabeth but decided to come back to invest in Nigeria.

Last but the least.

They always end their conversations with "THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME"grin

That's all I can remember for now.

Nobody should ask me how I know these things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Woman Who Drowned After Car Plunged Into Lagos Lagoon Was Pregnant / Coronavirus: FG Extends Airport Closure By Two Weeks / 5 Signs Your Visa Application Will Be Rejected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.