Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student (92119 Views)

UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma / University Of Abuja Students Beat Lecturer After Exams (Video) / Mufutau Waliu: Ogun Poly Lecturer Shot Dead - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 16, 2021
Munzy14:
Even though this guy overreacted, some Nigerian lecturers feel like a demi-god.. undecided

Simple understanding would have solved all this...Nobody knows tomorrow, person wey you frustrate today fit be the barrier to your kids and their dream place..

The did is done, and e never end...that's if the guy won't come back to murder her after them rusticate his 4yrs of suffering or him taking the suicide way... lipsrsealed

So because he has to do an extra year to fulfil his SIWES requirement he would end up commiting sucide?

Okay now.

The guy was told that he had to do his SIWES. The lecturer cannot waive his SIWES. SIWES is mandatory
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Basicend: 10:37am On Nov 16, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
This one still get mouth.. Stupid excuse!!! Your village people have succeeded already

He is a fool.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by ubox: 10:38am On Nov 16, 2021
jaxxy:

Ruined which life??

A lecturer who throws a mug at a student deserves to be punished if not sacked. Who is she to do that to a student?

She is a violent being no fit for her office just like the guy who she provoke abusing and overstretching her authority.

Typical feminine nonentity of a lecturer.

Who throws a mug at another humanbeing and even a student?

She must be a psycho. How dare she??

”I got angry, I don’t know what came over me, I started arguing and she told me to leave her office, I told her if I don’t leave, what is she going to do?

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by yemex04(m): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2021
lexy2014:

theres a difference between hearing and listening and manner of approach matters a lot. in my post which u responded to, i said

"some lecturers lack empathy, are unapproachable, rude and condescending. most of them vent on students, transferring the aggression from their personal problems on students. they dont have the ability and patience to listen, empathise and help students deal with personal issues which might be affecting their studies.

these you havent been able negate. can you say for a fact that the lecturer didnt exhibit any of the traits i mentioned which made the conversation turn into an altercation?

according to you "The guy is a bully or a Cult member". how did you arrive at that conclusion? if you say he is abully, how does throwing a mug at him now make her a saint? isnt that bullying? how does a lecturer now start behaving like an agbero and throwing objects at a student? what if it a was knife or cutlass in her possession? it means she would have thrown that him too

The boy accused the lecturer of throwing a mug first and u believe the lecturer wasn't already feeling threatened before throwing the mug as her own weak way of defense?
I agree with you on the attitudes of most of the lecturers but on this, the guy is actually seems like a bully... There can be no justification whatsoever for you to beat a woman much less a lecturer from whom u are seeking a favour. Here he presented an excuse so the lecturer can bend the rules for him and she resisted and his foolish self thought beating the lecturer will help in his case.. which student has that efontry if not a bully or cultist?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by jaxxy(m): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2021
ubox:

”I got angry, I don’t know what came over me, I started arguing and she told me to leave her office, I told her if I don’t leave, what is she going to do?

Nobody said he wasn’t wrong(still debatable cos he had a valid problem) So she had to throw a mug at a student because he was arguing with her in her office? Is she ok??

She should know and do better to either calm the situation or excuse herself or call security. U don’t escalate a tense situation to violence.

She was unprofessional and uncivilized.

If u can’t help a student with a valid problem direct him to who can or let him be.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by WantsandMore: 11:00am On Nov 16, 2021
All this better by far pipo
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Munzy14(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2021
backbencher:

So because he has to do an extra year to fulfil his SIWES requirement he would end up commiting sucide?

Okay now.

The guy was told that he had to do his SIWES. The lecturer cannot waive his SIWES. SIWES is mandatory
I hope you know what an extra year involves in Nigerian university?

The frustration alone took over the guy's emotions.....

Nobody knows how he is even managing to reach the level where he is now..

After the case he should leave school in Nigeria and enter street to hustle and find his way out...The country and it's school system is not worth it at all..
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Mftivi: 11:05am On Nov 16, 2021
backbencher:

1. At the moment we have only the students word that she threw a mug at him. No independent witnesses

2. Also if she did throw a mug at him he should have gone to the police and filed a report and if injured the police would have given him a form for his doctor to fill. Maybe nothing would have happened but now there I a record

3. What he was even asking the lecturer to do was something completely out of her hands. SIWES cannot be waived. And as someone has pointed out it should have been his hod he should have seen really.

4. In my line of work I have been abused and assaulted unprovoked. Maybe I should have beaten up the people who assaulted me eh?

As a student maybe in your opinion I should have beaten the lecturer and professors who treated me badly at one time or another? Including one who turned an exam into a long yabfest on my person?

In life you will meet people who will treat you like crap. Your job is to be the adult. And move on. Roll in the mud with the pigs and don't be surprised if you get treated like a pig.

Yes I hold him to a high standard. He lacks self control. And if he does not change his ways he is going to end up in a lot of hurt

A measly year and he is losing his temper.

P.s
I once treated a woman who was punched in an unprovoked attack by her neighbour. Yhr woman did not retailite, she went to the police and filed a report, after which she went to the hospital where she got treatment and also got us to fill a medical form detailing all her injuries for the police.

Woman wey live in face me i.face you.
as someone who have studied in Nigeria I know exactly how lecturers can be and I am only forming my opinion based on the available information posted here, he went overboard yes but that mug should have just remained on the table. This could have gone another way you know, students have committed suicide out of frustration. Some of which would have been prevented if these lecturers were more humane.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by emmykk(m): 11:30am On Nov 16, 2021
Afriqan:

If I can't help or consider a student, I definitely wouldn't throw a mug at him. The way you are condoning an attempt to injure someone is what I don't understand here... Being a lecturer makes you what? God?

Please... Change your orientation.

She is not God but someone who has power to hurt you should be handle with care.
Your likes will provoke a police officer in the highway claiming right but one bullet you are gone and nothing will happen.

But if you play a fool you over coming challenges
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 16, 2021
emmykk:

She is not God but someone who has power to hurt you should be handle with care.
Your likes will provoke a police officer in the highway claiming right but one bullet you are gone and nothing will happen.

But if you play a fool you over coming challenges

It appears to me that your mind has already been boxed into conformity, it's no use trying to make you understand basic rights. Enjoy...
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by lexy2014: 11:48am On Nov 16, 2021
yemex04:

The boy accused the lecturer of throwing a mug first and u believe the lecturer wasn't already feeling threatened before throwing the mug as her own weak way of defense?
I agree with you on the attitudes of most of the lecturers but on this, the guy is actually seems like a bully... There can be no justification whatsoever for you to beat a woman much less a lecturer from whom u are seeking a favour. Here he presented an excuse so the lecturer can bend the rules for him and she resisted and his foolish self thought beating the lecturer will help in his case.. which student has that efontry if not a bully or cultist?

Kindly explain the "threat" you are referring to that warranted the throwing of mug at the student? How is the student a bully and the lecturer not a bully?

Meanwhile, u are yet to answer the following questions:

according to you "The guy is a bully or a Cult member". how did you arrive at that conclusion? if you say he is abully, how does throwing a mug at him now make her a saint? isnt that bullying? how does a lecturer now start behaving like an agbero and throwing objects at a student? what if it a was knife or cutlass in her possession?
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Tonnyray: 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
From his own account, without even hearing the lecturer's side of the story this is a clear case deserving of summary rustication.
Nothing worth debating over.

5 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by random85: 12:14pm On Nov 16, 2021
EmperorTolson:
Imagine that a student beat his lecturer to stupor for throwing mug at him.

What do you think will happen to that lecturer if that same student was rusticated cos of the said lecturer?
Only God know that one �
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by lexy2014: 12:16pm On Nov 16, 2021
backbencher:
1.I have a bad temper myself, but God knows that when I do lose it, I keep my hands to myself. Because assault is a serious crime.

2.The student is still at fault. He beat up an older adult. That's the end of his university career, and now he is going to be jailed for assault...3 more years in jail, on top of the two months he spent in Lag jail.

3.The thing is, Nigerians don't know how to control their temper. On this site, you sometimes see people threaten others with violence, and assault for a comment that somehow offended them....

Am glad u said that many don't no how to control their temper. Am sure that by throwing a mug at the student, the lecturer knows how to control her temper
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 16, 2021
Mftivi:
as someone who have studied in Nigeria I know exactly how lecturers can be and I am only forming my opinion based on the available information posted here, he went overboard yes but that mug should have just remained on the table. This could have gone another way you know, students have committed suicide out of frustration. Some of which would have been prevented if these lecturers were more humane.

But in this case there was nothing the lecturer or department could do.

He did not do his SIWES, so he has to repeat it.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2021
Munzy14:

I hope you know what an extra year involves in Nigerian university?

The frustration alone took over the guy's emotions.....

Nobody knows how he is even managing to reach the level where he is now..

After the case he should leave school in Nigeria and enter street to hustle and find his way out...The country and it's school system is not worth it at all..

I do especially as I spent an extra year myself due to falling ill during end of semester exams.

I just got on with the job.

By the way yesterday's daily trust has more information on your student. He apparently has not been taking his studies serious and has two semesters pending .
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Analyst7: 12:54pm On Nov 16, 2021
lexy2014:

inasmuch as a lot of people would condemn the student for beating up the lecturer, we choose to ignore the fact that some nigerian lecturers lack empathy, are unapproachable, rude and condescending. most of them vent on students, transferring the aggression from their personal problems on students. they dont have the ability and patience to listen, empathise and help students deal with personal issues which might be affecting their studies. from d story, why did the lecturer not spare a few minutes to listen to the young man and profer a solution to his predicament instead of outright dismissal?

Thank you, I don't know why people blame him only and ignore the lecturer shortcoming too
If alot of people blaming him are in his shoes they might have done the same
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by GboyegaD(m): 12:55pm On Nov 16, 2021
AlPeter:
Trying to support this despicable act. Threshold? The guy is a confirmed tout and should be blacklisted from attending any university. Entitled pric

And you being judgmental makes you better right? Everyone has a right to fair hearing.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by emmykk(m): 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2021
Afriqan:

It appears to me that your mind has already been boxed into conformity, it's no use trying to make you understand basic rights. Enjoy...

grin grin grin grin
No problem with this kind of you temper you don't need gas to cook again.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 16, 2021
emmykk:

grin grin grin grin
No problem with this kind of you temper you don't need gas to cook again.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
I don't know where you saw temper, but I could definitely say much more about your attitude and response.

Good day sir.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by emmykk(m): 1:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
Afriqan:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
I don't know where you saw temper, but I could definitely say much more about your attitude and response.

Good day sir.

Your display of stubborness over things wisdom can prevail baffles me
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by ubox: 1:15pm On Nov 16, 2021
jaxxy:

Nobody said he wasn’t wrong(still debatable cos he had a valid problem) So she had to throw a mug at a student because he was arguing with her in her office? Is she ok??

She should know and do better to either calm the situation or excuse herself or call security. U don’t escalate a tense situation to violence.

She was unprofessional and uncivilized.

If u can’t help a student with a valid problem direct him to who can or let him be.

The 400-level student noted that he went on to narrate his ugly Lagos incident to Mrs Zakariyau, but she refused to give some him grace, saying he had no option but to join the next set which would result in an extra year
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by yemex04(m): 1:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
lexy2014:

Kindly explain the "threat" you are referring to that warranted the throwing of mug at the student? How is the student a bully and the lecturer not a bully?

Meanwhile, u are yet to answer the following questions:

according to you "The guy is a bully or a Cult member". how did you arrive at that conclusion? if you say he is abully, how does throwing a mug at him now make her a saint? isnt that bullying? how does a lecturer now start behaving like an agbero and throwing objects at a student? what if it a was knife or cutlass in her possession?

Just read this his statement cleverly and tell me that ur reaction would be if you are told this by a surbodinate or someone younger..
Don't also forget that this were his story,his actions and statement could even be worse why I believe he is probably a bully or cultist?

Answer my question,which category of student will have the ghurt to beat his lecturer right in his or her office?Can you beat your lecturer because bu seek a favour from him/her and declined?
Would you dare your lecturer by saying what"would you do if I don't leave"?
I made my opinion on the subject,i won't reply you again on this please,

Good luck to the boy as he faces expulsion from the school and possible prosecution on asalt by Govt.
I just hope we all can learn our lessons from this episode.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by thatigboman1: 1:56pm On Nov 16, 2021
Mftivi:
were u there? Did u see her throw a mug at him? Or u just want to side the violent cultist.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
shineeye1:

A man says God helped him and you are here displaying your imbecility by criticizing him for being "religious"! When and where did depending on God become an offense? In your deranged mind , no doubt. Ewu goat!!!
Na your papa be goat. Where has religion taken Nigeria as a country?
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Donedeal1(m): 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2021
This guy just confirmed that the police should have sent him to jail, why transfer your angered punishment on someone doing her job.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by orlaglobal234: 2:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
And you use your hand to wasted four precious years because of unable to controlled your anger towards your female lecturer, I'm soo sorry for you wasting your time, money, energy etc

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Sebgajere(m): 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2021
U have earned ur self extra four years in another institution instead of one.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Semaj77(m): 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2021
lexy2014:

inasmuch as a lot of people would condemn the student for beating up the lecturer, we choose to ignore the fact that some nigerian lecturers lack empathy, are unapproachable, rude and condescending. most of them vent on students, transferring the aggression from their personal problems on students. they dont have the ability and patience to listen, empathise and help students deal with personal issues which might be affecting their studies. from d story, why did the lecturer not spare a few minutes to listen to the young man and profer a solution to his predicament instead of outright dismissal?

Lacking empathy isn't a crime

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by lexy2014: 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
yemex04:

Just read this his statement cleverly and tell me that ur reaction would be if you are told this by a surbodinate or someone younger..
Don't also forget that this were his story,his actions and statement could even be worse why I believe he is probably a bully or cultist?

Answer my question,which category of student will have the ghurt to beat his lecturer right in his or her office?Can you beat your lecturer because bu seek a favour from him/her and declined?
Would you dare your lecturer by saying what"would you do if I don't leave"?
I made my opinion on the subject,i won't reply you again on this please,

Good luck to the boy as he faces expulsion from the school and possible prosecution on asalt by Govt.
I just hope we all can learn our lessons from this episode.
Thank you.

You are yet to answer my questions:

Kindly explain the "threat" you are referring to that warranted the throwing of mug at the student?

How is the student a bully and the lecturer not a bully?

according to you "The guy is a bully or a Cult member". how did you arrive at that conclusion?

if you say he is abully, how does throwing a mug at him now make her a saint? isnt that bullying?

how does a lecturer now start behaving like an agbero and throwing objects at a student?

what if it a was knife or cutlass in her possession?
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by lexy2014: 2:46pm On Nov 16, 2021
Semaj77:

Lacking empathy isn't a crime

Where and when did we have a discussion about the lack of empathy being a crime or not being a crime?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

How Covenant University Students Sit For Exams (Photos) / How Many Of These Primary 4 Questions Will You Be Able To Answer?(pics) / IMSU Lecturers, Esogbuonye Agomuo & Victor Obinna Njoku In Sex Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.