Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student (92129 Views)

UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma / University Of Abuja Students Beat Lecturer After Exams (Video) / Mufutau Waliu: Ogun Poly Lecturer Shot Dead - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by emmykk(m): 8:10am On Nov 16, 2021
Afriqan:

She was wrong too for throwing a mug at another adult. Most Nigerian lecturers tend to forget that their students are also humans who are going through their own challenges, so they misbehave at will and go scot-free.

I was enrolled in a master's program recently where the prof who was lecturing us was seemingly fond of talking down on the students. Normally these are things that should be dealt with cos respect is reciprocal, but our society is usually tilted to one angle.

Leave my office and you are there blabbing over non-completuon of SIWES.
If you are a lecturer when he said what if I don't leave what will you do?

You will prove who is in charge

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Ayomiposi001: 8:14am On Nov 16, 2021
Folahh:
No matter what, it's never a good thing to give in to anger. Never make decisions when you're angry or you may live to regret it.

and he will live to regret this.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 16, 2021
emmykk:

Leave my office and you are there blabbing over non-completuon of SIWES.
If you are a lecturer when he said what if I don't leave what will you do?

You will prove who is in charge

If I can't help or consider a student, I definitely wouldn't throw a mug at him. The way you are condoning an attempt to injure someone is what I don't understand here... Being a lecturer makes you what? God?

Please... Change your orientation.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by AlPeter: 8:16am On Nov 16, 2021
Trying to support this despicable act. Threshold? The guy is a confirmed tout and should be blacklisted from attending any university. Entitled pric
GboyegaD:
If he has evidence of the mug that was thrown at him or an injury sustained from it, he can actually sue the professor and the university.

While I wouldn't act the same way if it was me, it doesn't mean he should be totally condemned as everyone has their threshold and apparently, he got to his.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by chukkky(m): 8:16am On Nov 16, 2021
Everybody dey vex
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by mandate12: 8:16am On Nov 16, 2021
AdaNri1:
She threw a mug of water on someone whom unbeknownst to her was a thug.

He dealt with it the thug way

It's that simple.

PS: She's a very nasty woman! She was lucky d boy didn't kill her. All these stupid lecturers.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 16, 2021
Fiscus105:

You and foolish people who liked ur comment, where did you read ur own version that say the lecturer threw mug? Did you also read part where he said, .......he don't know what came over him?

Even though you are being rude and unnecessarily provocative, I won't engage in any nasty exchange of words with you...

You're actually the one who didn't read the post. Please go through the write-up again, the last paragraph.

Have a blessed day.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Exodora: 8:24am On Nov 16, 2021
If this were to be in Southeast nau na so they go rush to comment.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 16, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
He should have controlled his anger instead, now look at the problem he brought upon himself?
This is strange especially when it's coming from a chronic woman beater like you.You see your life,you are now tired of trolling and hating me when I never wronged you,enjoy your hateful and miserable life.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Psoul(m): 8:26am On Nov 16, 2021
ab1x:
It is not an enough reason to beat her up. You just succeeded in ruining your life and career that is if you have one in the first place
The lecturer has no right to assault the student.
That assault could lead her to a very serious problem.
If the student had endured a little bit and take up assault case against the lecturer, she will find herself begging him.

Some lecturers will be feeling like God

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by aim14(f): 8:29am On Nov 16, 2021
wallay77:
Ok...this one foolish....during my final year project...my hod was my supervisor....he showed me pepper...my saving grace was fasting and prayer....anytime I want to carry my project to him....I gats fast only then him dey do normal....but if I no fast..hmm he go be like cheat dey my body...he go pursue me like flies....anyways I thank God sha
To think that I have the same exact story as yours ehhn. In fact, mine categorically told me I'll repeat my project in the next year.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by hansomb: 8:38am On Nov 16, 2021
Effect of Mpulummiri don reach Ilorin from our neighboring friends. That guy has graduated.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by hansomb: 8:40am On Nov 16, 2021
Exodora:
If this were to be in Southeast nau na so they go rush to comment.
na MPULUMMIRI cause am.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Mftivi: 8:40am On Nov 16, 2021
after4:
So rather than spend an extra year you chose to be rusticated, nice choice. Some people were not well trained at home. How can you have the guts to beat someone who is old enough to be your teacher
Una go push person until he can't take it anymore, probably jailed wrongly and begging to be given a chance to explain what happened to him but most of you in this clime are heartless. I wish he was able to withhold from taking matters into his hands but I wont condemn him as you just did. Get out abeg!

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Mftivi: 8:46am On Nov 16, 2021
lexy2014:

inasmuch as a lot of people would condemn the student for beating up the lecturer, we choose to ignore the fact that some nigerian lecturers lack empathy, are unapproachable, rude and condescending. most of them vent on students, transferring the aggression from their personal problems on students. they dont have the ability and patience to listen, empathise and help students deal with personal issues which might be affecting their studies. from d story, why did the lecturer not spare a few minutes to listen to the young man and profer a solution to his predicament instead of outright dismissal?
not only dismissal but threw a mug at him, I won't best her to coma but I will slap the living day light out of her.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Mftivi: 8:48am On Nov 16, 2021
backbencher:
1.I have a bad temper myself, but God knows that when I do lose it, I keep my hands to myself. Because assault is a serious crime.

2.The student is still at fault. He beat up an older adult. That's the end of his university career, and now he is going to be jailed for assault...3 more years in jail, on top of the two months he spent in Lag jail.

3.The thing is, Nigerians don't know how to control their temper. On this site, you sometimes see people threaten others with violence, and assault for a comment that somehow offended them....
you are holding the student to a higher standard and holding the lecturer to a lower standard why ? Why should she throw a mug at him ? He is wood abi ? Why do you people blame the oppressed in this country anytime they can't take it anymore and eventually loses their temper ? Are you people alright ? He went to far but your comment is totally off as if something is really wrong with your though process.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by jaiyeorie: 8:59am On Nov 16, 2021
Abiodun is not well o - Toke Makinwa vz Falz Bovi + Ladies night with Kunbi Tomori & Sharon Ademefun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPsTuV3GJPI
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by GauRanTor(m): 9:00am On Nov 16, 2021
Temptee101:

A chronic fraudster spotted.

Don't worry, nemesis will soon catch up with you.

BTW, there are many civil ways he could have employed to serve as a deterrent other than dehumanizing her.

Why didn't you advice him to kill her, i guess that would have sent a stronger warning to her colleagues.

Even though there are civil ways he could have employed just like you said but you and I know that in this country those civil ways are usually compromised at the end of the day nothing tangible will come out.

However I totally support what he did so as to serve as a deterrent to others. After all she attacked him first. Mtcheeeewww
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by GauRanTor(m): 9:08am On Nov 16, 2021
stanliwise:

But you nor go help am carry im cross o. Loving what you wouldn't advise your own brorher to do.

If you know who I am you wouldn't say this. Believe me what that guy did will make those wicked and stupid lecturers to know that they are touchable.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by pharmagba: 9:09am On Nov 16, 2021
GboyegaD:
If he has evidence of the mug that was thrown at him or an injury sustained from it, he can actually sue the professor and the university.

While I wouldn't act the same way if it was me, it doesn't mean he should be totally condemned as everyone has their threshold and apparently, he got to his.

I wonder how all that are posting like on this thrash think
You listen to just one side of the story of a boy with this sort of character and you are moved to make this comment and others also moved to press 'like'?
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 16, 2021
Mftivi:
you are holding the student to a higher standard and holding the lecturer to a lower standard why ? Why should she throw a mug at him ? He is wood abi ? Why do you people blame the oppressed in this country anytime they can't take it anymore and eventually loses their temper ? Are you people alright ? He went to far but your comment is totally off as if something is really wrong with your though process.

1. At the moment we have only the students word that she threw a mug at him. No independent witnesses

2. Also if she did throw a mug at him he should have gone to the police and filed a report and if injured the police would have given him a form for his doctor to fill. Maybe nothing would have happened but now there I a record

3. What he was even asking the lecturer to do was something completely out of her hands. SIWES cannot be waived. And as someone has pointed out it should have been his hod he should have seen really.

4. In my line of work I have been abused and assaulted unprovoked. Maybe I should have beaten up the people who assaulted me eh?

As a student maybe in your opinion I should have beaten the lecturer and professors who treated me badly at one time or another? Including one who turned an exam into a long yabfest on my person?

In life you will meet people who will treat you like crap. Your job is to be the adult. And move on. Roll in the mud with the pigs and don't be surprised if you get treated like a pig.

Yes I hold him to a high standard. He lacks self control. And if he does not change his ways he is going to end up in a lot of hurt

A measly year and he is losing his temper.

P.s
I once treated a woman who was punched in an unprovoked attack by her neighbour. Yhr woman did not retailite, she went to the police and filed a report, after which she went to the hospital where she got treatment and also got us to fill a medical form detailing all her injuries for the police.

Woman wey live in face me i.face you.

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Coldie(m): 9:22am On Nov 16, 2021
What he said is 100% possible .

If they can prove that he was unjustly arrested by the police or the woman really threw that mug and injured him, he is innocent
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by cocolacec(m): 9:30am On Nov 16, 2021
wallay77:
Ok...this one foolish....during my final year project...my hod was my supervisor....he showed me pepper...my saving grace was fasting and prayer....anytime I want to carry my project to him....I gats fast only then him dey do normal....but if I no fast..hmm he go be like cheat dey my body...he go pursue me like flies....anyways I thank God sha
Your HOS was a madman.Why do Nigerian lecturers see themselves like gods?The student is the king because without the student,no govt will employ any useless lecturer.

Abroad lecturers respect the student,we call the lecturers by their names.I remembered when i was unprepared for an exam,i walked up to the lecturer on exam day to tell her i have an undettled mind and cant concentrate.

She told no problem i can come for makeup exam two weeks later.There is no carry over in Sweden unless the student delibrately want to carry over for immogration purpose to prolong his stay.

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 16, 2021
cocolacec:

Your HOS was a madman.Why do Nigerian lecturers see themselves like gods?The student is the king because without the student,no govt will employ any useless lecturer.

Abroad lecturers respect the student,we call the lecturers by their names.I remembered when i was unprepared for an exam,i walked up to the lecturer on exam day to tell her i have an undettled mind and cant concentrate.

She told no problem i can come for makeup exam two weeks later.There is no carry over in Sweden unless the student delibrately want to carry over for immogration purpose to prolong his stay.

The lecturer in question was being asked by the student to do something she could not do even if she wanted. Waive his SIWES

SIWES is mandatory. As someone has said upthread it cannot be waived by a lecturer like that. It can only be done by a departmental committee. And even then he would still have to do it.

Plus even if it was possible and the lecturer was nice and waived his SIWES, she could have gotten sacked later for doing wuru wuru for the student..and the disciplinary committee won't hear ' mitigating circumstances'
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by kingPhidel(m): 9:42am On Nov 16, 2021
You don graduate bi that na. Bandit in school
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by cocolacec(m): 9:45am On Nov 16, 2021
SILVERLINES:
He is a thief

What happened in Lagos wasn't a may accusations.
I was once a student and can tell that lecturers are not heartless except you are not law abiding and d behave anyhow for school
Did he steal your phone?I know a project supervisor who turned all her students to housemaid all in the name of supervising them.
You can imagine that rubbish.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Lightorder: 9:49am On Nov 16, 2021
King44:
In this side of the world once you are an elderly person you can treat the younger ones anyhow and we all think it's cool cos the elderly person has more rights than the younger ones and they can't do no wrong, which is silly. You see all of them in the first thread I am sure that they were in his shoes they would have done worse if offered the chance to go ballistic on her, all of a sudden they turned elderly sympathizer when it obvious she started it.

Though he could have addressed it in a more polite manner, he shouldn't have let anger overwhelm him.
you are right. Poor anger management

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by shadrach77: 9:54am On Nov 16, 2021
Layi4real:
Hypocrite everywhere..... So since the Lecturer is nw a female she can nw b doing Asif she be deputy God..... Imagine the guy calming down to plead to her to wave the SIWES for him for weeks but just one day d guy get upset the woman couldn't resist him nd throw him a mug .. that act of a thug from that dam lecturer nd the guy pay her back with thug act....
So u people are overlooking d fact that the woman physical assault him first... If na male lecturer I'm sure there won't b difference bcus him to go collect beating. Gender aside.
And who says he ruined his 4year career in sch ..... He can even make it better in life without d results..... how Many graduate dey work with there certificate nowadays sef ..mtcheww
Don't mind them jare. I read another version of the story online. The version here is exaggerated. The lady didn't go into coma. She was rescued by other students
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by dolipzle(m): 10:03am On Nov 16, 2021
after4:
So rather than spend an extra year you chose to be rusticated, nice choice. Some people were not well trained at home. How can you have the guts to beat someone who is old enough to be your teacher
He go just pull trigger in her skull next time, case dismissed
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by denjluk: 10:07am On Nov 16, 2021
Another Bandit in training
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 16, 2021
EXLOVER:
Some years back i wanted to beat one of my female lecturer also, she always rude to me. On that very day, i went to her office very high, my mood was very rugged, she really humbled her self and even offered me a lift after

After that day, we banged till i left that school, non of my friends was away

It's a super story.......A life of precious sorrows.... angry
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Munzy14(m): 10:19am On Nov 16, 2021
Even though this guy overreacted, some Nigerian lecturers feel like a demi-god.. undecided

Simple understanding would have solved all this...Nobody knows tomorrow, person wey you frustrate today fit be the barrier to your kids and their dream place..

The did is done, and e never end...that's if the guy won't come back to murder her after them rusticate his 4yrs of suffering or him taking the suicide way... lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam / How Covenant University Students Sit For Exams (Photos) / How Many Of These Primary 4 Questions Will You Be Able To Answer?(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.