Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student (92093 Views)

UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma / University Of Abuja Students Beat Lecturer After Exams (Video) / Mufutau Waliu: Ogun Poly Lecturer Shot Dead - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Originalsly: 10:19pm On Nov 15, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Hmmm...
Too much wasting of Talents in dis Country! sad sad

Instead of wasting money on University education, Y not go into Boxing instead?
Since you Sabi blow Pple eye.. sad cheesy

Do you really think this coward will enter boxing ring to fight a man? Do you really think he would've even so angry if the lecturer were a man?

5 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Ayodeji2k14: 10:19pm On Nov 15, 2021
Now that you have succeeded in beating your female lecturer, has the SIWES you missed been waived?You are a big fool!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by authority2006(m): 10:20pm On Nov 15, 2021
ab1x:
It is not an enough reason to beat her up. You just succeeded in ruining your life and career that is if you have one in the first place.

If you are referring to a court case over the physical assault on the lecturer, you have a point because he may be sentenced. But if you're talking about the possible expulsion, then you have no point at all because education is like a waste of time in Nigeria of today. One can have education just for the sake of having it but definitely not to get job or make a comfortable living.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by IbileIfe: 10:20pm On Nov 15, 2021
Beating a woman is a sin.
Beating a married woman is an abomination.

I beat men who beat women.
As long as the women prove their case against the men.

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by FlipModeSquade(m): 10:21pm On Nov 15, 2021
GboyegaD:
If he has evidence of the mug that was thrown at him or an injury sustained from it, he can actually sue the professor and the university.

While I wouldn't act the same way if it was me, it doesn't mean he should be totally condemned as everyone has their threshold and apparently, he got to his.
Threshold to what?

A self respecting student should have left when told to stop the disturbance..

The Lecturer does not owe him any favors..

He,it was..

Who provoked the altercation..

5 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 15, 2021
lexy2014:

inasmuch as a lot of people would condemn the student for beating up the lecturer, we choose to ignore the fact that most nigerian lecturers lack empathy and are very unapproachable. most of them vent on students, transferring the aggression from their personal problems on students. they dont have the ability and patience to listen, empathise and help students deal with personal issues which might be affecting their studies. from d story, why did the lecturer not spare a few minutes to listen to the young man and profer a solution to his predicament instead of outright dismissal?

She did listen to him, and told him that he has to do the SIWES...which means an extra year for him

I see your point, but there was nothing the lecturer could do, in the absence of any policy from the University on such issues.(and if she had waived the student, it could have come to bite her hard...especially as she allowed a student to graduate without fulfilling all the conditions for graduation ...and yes, lecturers can lose their jobs for that).

Also, keep it in mind that lecturers in Nigeria are over worked and stressed. Nigeria does not have enough academics. So, they may be distant because they have far more on their plate than their colleagues abroad...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Talkytalky55: 10:21pm On Nov 15, 2021
aniibainy:
Guy if na in my days boys for maim your stupid life. U dey fight woman. Every woman if not married has brothers, may be children etc

Which days?
Let's all be reasonable in our comments, what the woman did was also wrong, doesn't she know that due to her refusing to hear him out, he could have committed sucide, in other words it's very okay that he vented his anger on her

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Talkytalky55: 10:22pm On Nov 15, 2021
aniibainy:
Guy if na in my days boys for maim your stupid life. U dey fight woman. Every woman if not married has brothers, may be children etc

Which days?
Let's all be reasonable in our comments, what the woman did was also wrong, doesn't she know that due to her refusal to hear him out, he could have committed sucide, in other words it's very okay that he vented his anger on her

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Candidlady: 10:22pm On Nov 15, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Nice one from that student

The way some of our lecturers behave ehnnnn

They don't want to give you a listening ear at all

Our university are filled with lecturers and professors of hard life

They will torment you...
Project supervisor own na im worse

ihad always thought you were "partially normal" but with this your comment, itake back my thought. UNCLE YOU NO NORMAL

read proverbs it shall tell you one or two consequences of anger!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by thatigboman1: 10:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
lexy2014:

inasmuch as a lot of people would condemn the student for beating up the lecturer, we choose to ignore the fact that most nigerian lecturers lack empathy and are very unapproachable. most of them vent on students, transferring the aggression from their personal problems on students. they dont have the ability and patience to listen, empathise and help students deal with personal issues which might be affecting their studies. from d story, why did the lecturer not spare a few minutes to listen to the young man and profer a solution to his predicament instead of outright dismissal?
u think u made sense?
1st of all, the lecturer was in her, he went there.
From the story, the lecturer listened to him. And he came up with a cocktail and bull story of being jailed and missing SIWES? A 6-month course! What did u want the lecturer to do?
And he said it himself that he started arguing with her and she told him to leave her office? What else?
The mug was an afterthought. The stupid thief was as guilty as hell.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by MIKKY1022: 10:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
wahala be like bicycle
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Kelvinhunta: 10:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
The lecturer 8s never at fault. The law says if u Miss it then u miss it. If he thinks he has any genuine reason at all then he should have written to the vice chancellor stating his points then the VC can chose to grant if possible.just listen to him, he was in detention and wants her to waive it,what if the matter goes to court tomorrow don't u know that she will be tagged an accomplice in the stealing incident?
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Nice one from that student

The way some of our lecturers behave ehnnnn

They don't want to give you a listening ear at all

Our university are filled with lecturers and professors of hard life

They will torment you...
Project supervisor own na im worse

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 15, 2021
This is actually the work of meth
Trouble sleep yanga go wake am cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 15, 2021
GboyegaD:
If he has evidence of the mug that was thrown at him or an injury sustained from it, he can actually sue the professor and the university.

While I wouldn't act the same way if it was me, it doesn't mean he should be totally condemned as everyone has their threshold and apparently, he got to his.
yes self defense will avail him

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by micflo28(m): 10:26pm On Nov 15, 2021
Definitely he will start afresh from 100 level���� Lecturers are like police, you dont negotiate or beg them. They will never agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Annie001: 10:26pm On Nov 15, 2021
What he did was not right but some Nigerian lecturers deserve beating

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by MartinsD12(m): 10:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
sammy329:

https://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/why-i-beat-female-lecturer-to-coma-unilorin-400l-student-speaks

Previous thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6848909/400l-unilorin-microbiology-student-beat
Mumu idiot, you beat someone's mother, someone's wife, if na me this guy go die be that, how dare you beat people like that, don't this woman have people, I mean this guy for Don buy the entire relatives join for this case.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
Annie001:
What he did was not right but some Nigerian lecturers deserve beating

And because they 'deserve beating' does not mean they should be beaten

Because it is a crime

Plus, self control is very very important as a human being.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Arabaincubus: 10:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
Is he taking an elective course in fighting?

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by joelsteron: 10:28pm On Nov 15, 2021
ThickSharon123:
I want to go to Illorin kiss

There's a lot of places I haven't explored in Nigeria. Illorin is my next route. The first tourist place I'll go is the Uni.
You want to go beat up another lecturer ahbi.
We dey wait for you
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Onyiiobi7735(m): 10:29pm On Nov 15, 2021
EXLOVER:
Some years back i wanted to beat one of my female lecturer also, she always rude to me. On that very day, i went to her office very high, my mood was very rugged, she really humbled her self and even offered me a lift after

After that day, we banged till i left that school, non of my friends was away
grin
EXLOVER:
Some years back i wanted to beat one of my female lecturer also, she always rude to me. On that very day, i went to her office very high, my mood was very rugged, she really humbled her self and even offered me a lift after

After that day, we banged till i left that school, non of my friends was away
Nnam onye olu!
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by lexy2014: 10:29pm On Nov 15, 2021
backbencher:

She did listen to him, and told him that he has to do the SIWES...which means an extra year for him

I see your point, but there was nothing the lecturer could do, in the absence of any policy from the University on such issues.(and if she had waived the student, it could have come to bite her hard...especially as she allowed a student to graduate without fulfilling all the conditions for graduation ...and yes, lecturers can lose their jobs for that).

Also, keep it in mind that lecturers in Nigeria are over worked and stressed. Nigeria does not have enough academics. So, they may be distant because they have far more on their plate than their colleagues abroad...

i didnt say she should have waived anything for him. manner of approach is important. its very likely that she was condescending and rude hence the conversation led to the altercation. the whole excuse that nigerian lecturers are "overworked and stressed" hence it justifies their repulsive behaviour is unacceptable. they continuously use that refrain to continuously intimidate students. many nigerians are "overworked and stressed". there are many nigerian graduates earning 15k, 20k working as school teachers and putting in unbelieveable shifts without job security (which lecturers enjoy) yet they dont vent their anger on the school children committed to their care. how do u impact the lives of those u despise because u say u are "overworked and stressed"? it shows that these underpaid nigerians are much better than our lecturers who see themselves as gods.

4 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by SILVERLINES: 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
He is a thief

What happened in Lagos wasn't a may accusations.
I was once a student and can tell that lecturers are not heartless except you are not law abiding and d behave anyhow for school

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by lordswill03: 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
Woman beater spotted
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by alomeda600(m): 10:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
Tetrahedron:
So is he really a thief or case of misplaced judgment?
I think he is one of the bandits
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by anu3: 10:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
sammy329:

https://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/why-i-beat-female-lecturer-to-coma-unilorin-400l-student-speaks

Previous thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6848909/400l-unilorin-microbiology-student-beat

Now, that's a big shame about what you did, Friend. Maybe you went there the wrong time: some are offended about something before going for help. But to beat up an elderly person who is even a lecturer is not nice in any case. Just because you can; and don't say you got angry, if she had been a bodybuilder with muscle bulging over, would you still get angry? I trust you might not even wish to come too close.

We shouldn't create more problems when trying to solve a problem. We sometimes end up creating Greater trouble. Hence, the latter situation gets worse than the former.

Rom.12.21 - Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

God bless

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by GauRanTor(m): 10:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
RevolverOcelot:
Next time she no go use person head as target practice with her mug

God bless you jare. I swear I don't know how some people reason eh. I so much love what this guy did so that some so called lecturers will learn to behave

3 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by FutureIsFemale(f): 10:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by stanliwise(m): 10:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
GboyegaD:

Sueing the university would land him into more trouble. Although the lecturer may be punished but his own would be worse than outside of court
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Durhleepee(f): 10:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by dontrulee: 10:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
ThickSharon123:
I want to go to Illorin kiss

There's a lot of places I haven't explored in Nigeria. Illorin is my next route. The first tourist place I'll go is the Uni.

Oya come to Ilorin, I'll show you around

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Ezedon(m): 10:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
Woman beater, Keep it up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How Covenant University Students Sit For Exams (Photos) / How Many Of These Primary 4 Questions Will You Be Able To Answer?(pics) / IMSU Lecturers, Esogbuonye Agomuo & Victor Obinna Njoku In Sex Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.