Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student (92078 Views)

UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma / University Of Abuja Students Beat Lecturer After Exams (Video) / Mufutau Waliu: Ogun Poly Lecturer Shot Dead - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by EmperorTolson: 6:06am On Nov 16, 2021
King44:
why must she throw a mug in the first place, especially if it's a ceramic mug, any mug of any kind. She should have been more sensible.

We should also condemn the woman the same way we are containing the guy.

They are both wrong but the gravity of the guy's offence is ....

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 16, 2021
Fun part about this thread is the ones justifying the action of the student in beating up the lecturer because 'she threw a mug at him'

Okay, let's accept he is telling the truth. All he needed to do was to leave the office and report to the Police....and get a doctor's report detailing the injuries to his face (Yeah, I know, Nigerian police is a joke and all, plus he won't have wanted to go back to a police station after spending 2 months in lag police cells...but in cases like this, get a police report for future refrences)

Once he beat up the lecturer, that made his case more complicated. Plus, let's be frank, as has been reported, the guy had been pestering his lecturer for ages

Second, it seems that many people somehow are accusing the lecturer of 'frustrating him' Note that the guy was asking the lecturer for something impossible...that she should waive his SIWES requirement. Something that cannot be done by a common lecturer.

The fact is, I doubt it was a waiver he was looking for...he was looking for the lecturer to help him lie to the authorities that he had done his SIWES when he didn't do it. And she said no, and he lost his temper. Now he is in trobule.

Finally, for those justifying the attack on the lecturer on the grounds that 'some lectuers deserve a beating'...really? If we applied that rule in real life, we would end up in big problems. Self control

Got to get to work now...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 16, 2021
stinflame:

Glad your cousin case turned out to be a success, he happens to be one out of a hundred who survive such drowns. Many ends up been an evil Vice in the society

All in all at the end of the day, the guy was being asked to repeat a year. Not withdraw, or fail out like my relation...repeat a year.

Plus again, the lecturer could not grant his wish.

From the boys explanation, she threw a mug at him... Better ways to handle this and her approach wasn't one of it.

1.Well as has been pointed out on this thread several times, the lad had been going to her office repeatedly asking for a waiver she could not grant. Naturally she would have gotten angry.(plus we are only hearing his side..we have not heard her side)

2.I once had to write a doctor's report for the police (in my day job) for a woman who was punched in the eye by her neighbour...and who got badly hurt as a result. Woman did not retaliate or strike back, she just left her house and went to the nearest police station, and showed them her eye. They took her statement and gave her a form for her doctor to fill...ordinary poor woman by the way.(Don't know how the case ended, but I daresay the woman's neighbor got into trobule.)

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by osazsky(m): 6:14am On Nov 16, 2021
Folahh:
No matter what, it's never a good thing to give in to anger. Never make decisions when you're angry or you may live to regret it.
drugs.....na me know them..forget those story..i can put my life on the line..effect of excessive tramadol and codine them nor they tell person..y was he first arrested.police nor they carry they arest person.this is wat he wants his parents to believe wat a pitty

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by yemex04(m): 6:14am On Nov 16, 2021
Tetrahedron:
So is he really a thief or case of misplaced judgment?

Obviously he has exhibited the trait of being more than just a petty thief by his actions..
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Bigheart042(m): 6:16am On Nov 16, 2021
Lol.....
Naija life
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Heterodox(m): 6:18am On Nov 16, 2021
ab1x:
It is not an enough reason to beat her up. You just succeeded in ruining your life and career that is if you have one in the first place.
sharap.

He may have ruined his chance to be a graduate, but the ruins of heavy beating and trauma will forever haunt that wicked soul of a lecturer.

People should learn to be understanding. SIWES is a useless endeavour, especially in Nigeria. Wickedness do not pay.

Let people start being human. Learn to have a heart.

I like that he beat her up to coma.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Allisgud: 6:20am On Nov 16, 2021
I condemned this act though,some of this women can be a thorn to ur flesh,and some will be advicing and guiding u like a mother

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by israelmao(m): 6:21am On Nov 16, 2021
Instead of spending one year extra you ended up your entire career in smoke.Satan has just succeeded in having medal haul on your life.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by 77up(m): 6:22am On Nov 16, 2021
All these nonsense is never enough reason to even argue or raise voice with her not to talk of beating her. Well , I hear then dey issue certificate for rustication. Rustication certificate grin

Many are indeed mad in this country.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Juoflife1(f): 6:23am On Nov 16, 2021
Violent lecturer meets violent student

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by yemex04(m): 6:24am On Nov 16, 2021
lexy2014:

inasmuch as a lot of people would condemn the student for beating up the lecturer, we choose to ignore the fact that some nigerian lecturers lack empathy, are unapproachable, rude and condescending. most of them vent on students, transferring the aggression from their personal problems on students. they dont have the ability and patience to listen, empathise and help students deal with personal issues which might be affecting their studies. from d story, why did the lecturer not spare a few minutes to listen to the young man and profer a solution to his predicament instead of outright dismissal?

She listened and Lecturer was obviously not convinced with is narrative for skipping the mandatory SIWES program hence she told her she could not help him and by implication extra year.. Look at his response when the lecturer told her to leave her office, he said"what if I don't leave, what will u do"? Imagine that.. The guy is a bully or a Cult member otherwise, the wise thing to would have been to walk away at that point then reach out to another or several of the lecturer's colleagues who can be more lenient and help him persuade the lecturer because at this point you need her to jump some protocols in your favour..
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by jditimiya(m): 6:25am On Nov 16, 2021
Now i discovered that we have lot of insane youth here reading and commenting like kids, You have not been in a problem that even prayers from your parents and pastors will not help, until you have carry out that thing in your mind. Most people come out of that problem by God's grace and mercy. The boy will finish his school and serve before some of you here calling him unprinted names because you have data to use. We all have our experience, you can only talk because you were allowed to go free. God help us on how we control our frustration on other people. if you quote me please make such you have battery and your phone is worth 1.5m to quote me on this. Just a friendly warning.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by idahme(m): 6:33am On Nov 16, 2021
GboyegaD:
If he has evidence of the mug that was thrown at him or an injury sustained from it, he can actually sue the professor and the university.

While I wouldn't act the same way if it was me, it doesn't mean he should be totally condemned as everyone has their threshold and apparently, he got to his.
I can't agree less, that's a big-time provocation. You cannot live in a glass house and keep throwing stones and expect the house to remain intact. The way Faculty members in Nigerian Universities behave like gods on earth instead of mentors to their students is alarming. The guy really went overboard with his reactions to the assault.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by jonadaft: 6:34am On Nov 16, 2021
after4:
So rather than spend an extra year you chose to be rusticated, nice choice. Some people were not well trained at home. How can you have the guts to beat someone who is old enough to be your teacher
Old enough to be your teacher?

Is brain paining you? grin
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by benson81(m): 6:36am On Nov 16, 2021
He will explain this story when he is introducing himself into the Lion cell for awaiting trial. He anger and stupidity has sent him to prison.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Chuksmonika(m): 6:36am On Nov 16, 2021
All these useless cult boys sef, the mumu boy doesn't know what he just did to himself. Let's assume he will graduate oo( that is if other lecturers don't victimize him in solidarity with heir female colleague he beat up), how will he get job, because employers go dey fear to employ someone that will beat them up.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Babastrong(m): 6:39am On Nov 16, 2021
Law 9: win through your actions, never through an argument. arguments can lead to negative behavious.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by dettolgel: 6:43am On Nov 16, 2021
backbencher:
Fun part about this thread is the ones justifying the action of the student in beating up the lecturer because 'she threw a mug at him'

Okay, let's accept he is telling the truth. All he needed to do was to leave the office and report to the Police....and get a doctor's report detailing the injuries to his face (Yeah, I know, Nigerian police is a joke and all, plus he won't have wanted to go back to a police station after spending 2 months in lag police cells...but in cases like this, get a police report for future refrences)

Once he beat up the lecturer, that made his case more complicated. Plus, let's be frank, as has been reported, the guy had been pestering his lecturer for ages

Second, it seems that many people somehow are accusing the lecturer of 'frustrating him' Note that the guy was asking the lecturer for something impossible...that she should waive his SIWES requirement. Something that cannot be done by a common lecturer.

The fact is, I doubt it was a waiver he was looking for...he was looking for the lecturer to help him lie to the authorities that he had done his SIWES when he didn't do it. And she said no, and he lost his temper. Now he is in trobule.

Finally, for those justifying the attack on the lecturer on the grounds that 'some lectuers deserve a beating'...really? If we applied that rule in real life, we would end up in big problems. Self control

Got to get to work now...

You are trying to reason with people that never take responsibility for their actions.

That guy is probably a cultist he left school for two months to go hide out in Lag so that tension will cool down in Ilorin before he comes back. Secondly that guy probably fight with his parents at home. Look at where bad upbringing has landed him.

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Neddyogu(m): 6:44am On Nov 16, 2021
U wanted SIWES to be waved for u? A whole semester waved for u? See aboki reasoning o

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by obailala(m): 6:48am On Nov 16, 2021
If she truly threw a mug at him, why should I crucify him for responding violently? Cos he's a man or cos he's a student or cos he's young?

Violence begets violence! Both parties were unruly and one got the shorter end of the stick.

2 Likes

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by smd837(m): 6:48am On Nov 16, 2021
See the way some top ones use to YEYE students eeeeeehhhhh just pray it will not be the time of your 1min madness. shocked
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Verysmart101: 6:53am On Nov 16, 2021
IbileIfe:
Beating a woman is a sin.
Beating a married woman is an abomination.

I beat men who beat women.
As long as the women prove their case against the men.

Woman beating a man is wat pls?
Wives beating their husbands is wat pls?
Wat would you do to women who beat men?

1 Like

Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by almayda: 6:54am On Nov 16, 2021
AKA Captain Walz,I now know where the problem started from, dude was carried away by his AKA.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 16, 2021
backbencher:

All in all at the end of the day, the guy was being asked to repeat a year. Not withdraw, or fail out like my relation...repeat a year.

Plus again, the lecturer could not grant his wish.

1.Well as has been pointed out on this thread several times, the lad had been going to her office repeatedly asking for a waiver she could not grant. Naturally she would have gotten angry.(plus we are only hearing his side..we have not heard her side)

2.I once had to write a doctor's report for the police (in my day job) for a woman who was punched in the eye by her neighbour...and who got badly hurt as a result. Woman did not retaliate or strike back, she just left her house and went to the nearest police station, and showed them her eye. They took her statement and gave her a form for her doctor to fill...ordinary poor woman by the way.(Don't know how the case ended, but I daresay the woman's neighbor got into trobule.)

You right never the less, a dicey situation and it needs to be handle with outermost care.
To me the reason for her punishing the young man hold no water. SIWES is a 6 month program, and it's actually a program where most youths don't even engage completely in it most youths just sit at home and do other things. Yes he missed 2 months ,then he should be ready to work for the next 4 months under her strict supervision and checkmate.
If his claims of unjustly been detain by the police is true of which we have no reason to doubt , then the Woman should have applied wisdom in dealing with him. She should have seen him as a child who needs direction ,with a good Conversation both of them will arrive at a great conclusion.
The university is not meant to break you and a mistake from a growing lad in the university should be met with stiff punishment but mind you it shouldn't break the lad.
While in School those days I see grade 'C' as just the least grade one should get. Anything less than that is actually a waste. Scoring such Student an E is actually a way of the mouse that eats you up, while blowing some cool breeze. You aren't breaking him up immediately but as he grow old he begins to see the effect, and as we all know he gets mature and he can withstand the effect of such, unlike how devastating it can be when he was younger.
The only field of study that i won't shift ground for is in the medical field.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by yahmohy27: 6:55am On Nov 16, 2021
Read again pls
Tetrahedron:
So is he really a thief or case of misplaced judgment?
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Judybash93(m): 6:59am On Nov 16, 2021
ab1x:
It is not an enough reason to beat her up. You just succeeded in ruining your life and career that is if you have one in the first place.
Well, yeah. You're right! The woman also threw a mug at him. Let's not forget that she started the altercation. I'll advise people not to start rust they can't finish. I'm sure they have security operatives in Uni Ilorin who she could have called. The dude messed up though but let us hold her accountable as well.
Btw, we've not heard her part of the story
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by ekevwe(m): 6:59am On Nov 16, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
This one still get mouth.. Stupid excuse!!! Your village people have succeeded already

It's not stupid excuse. She threw mug at someone has is frustrating and the boy is frustrated.

After, he might have seen graduates without jobs. Nigeria no be country. Don't use your position to oppress anyhow.
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Verysmart101: 6:59am On Nov 16, 2021
SILVERLINES:
He is a thief

What happened in Lagos wasn't a may accusations.
I was once a student and can tell that lecturers are not heartless except you are not law abiding and d behave anyhow for school

Oga did u attend all the higher institution to come to this conclusion? Sometimes the way you talk baffles me
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by paduzman: 6:59am On Nov 16, 2021
Well all I can say is the boy is not even serious, if you missed siwes how do you expect them to wave a whole 6months I.T for you?
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by Verysmart101: 7:00am On Nov 16, 2021
SILVERLINES:
He is a thief

What happened in Lagos wasn't a may accusations.
I was once a student and can tell that lecturers are not heartless except you are not law abiding and d behave anyhow for school

Oga did u attend all the higher institution to come to this conclusion? Sometimes the way you talk baffles me
So lecturers who demand sex for marks are what please?
Re: Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student by murmee: 7:05am On Nov 16, 2021
234GT:
You will be rusticated.

Bastard indomie generation boy.

This act shows that you were probably detained rightly for stealing.
Your last sentence was exactly my thoughts! The guy has questionable characters!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

How Covenant University Students Sit For Exams (Photos) / How Many Of These Primary 4 Questions Will You Be Able To Answer?(pics) / IMSU Lecturers, Esogbuonye Agomuo & Victor Obinna Njoku In Sex Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.