Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,076 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel (40882 Views)

Anthony Okechukwu Died In An Accident Not Lekki Tollgate Shooting - Brother / Minutes Before The Lekki Tollgate Shooting On Tuesday / Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by Henri8: 6:29am On Nov 16, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Are other States not submitting their reports?
Edo
Anambra
Kaduna
Kano
Oyo
Adamawa
Akwa Ibom
Rivers
Benue
Enugu
etc

The stomach infrastructure of Enugu is irresponsible.

Are their governments also irresponsible?
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by jditimiya(m): 6:32am On Nov 16, 2021
calberian:
I dey come.

My garri neva swell reach so make I use d time to ask:

1. Is there any confirmento incontrovertablia to support this screenshot of a portion of a printout?

2. Assuming this sensational headline is true, specifically who carried out the massacre?

3. On who’s order(s) was this order executed

4. Did this order require any other approval from any other ranking uniformed or civilian of officer of government?

5. If yes to (4), was this approval sought? and

6. Was this approval from (4) received?

7. Amongst the most individuals listed from nos. (2 - 6) is there any immunity clause applicable to any of them?

8. If found guilty of any discrepancies, to what length is the state ready to prosecute this case?

Kia you go sabi set exam question. another one go become a lawyer you will do a fine work.
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by Prince001(m): 6:37am On Nov 16, 2021
Tetrahedron:
Sanwoolu’s 2nd term is a goner

Normally yes in a sane country but naija na another level ooo cos if that thing happened here for obodo oyinbo na him and his gang go resign by themselves!!!!!!!
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by calberian: 6:56am On Nov 16, 2021
Garri don overswell now. At least, e go last reach December. @Hungerbad I swear

1. Is there any confirmento incontrovertablia to support this screenshot of a portion of a printout?

Answer: Yes

2. Assuming this sensational headline is true, specifically who carried out the massacre?

Answer is down in the conclusion portion of the report.

3. On who’s order(s) was this order executed

4. Did this order require any other approval from any other ranking uniformed or civilian of officer of government?

5. If yes to (4), was this approval sought? and

6. Was this approval from (4) received?

7. Amongst the most individuals listed from nos. (2 - 6) is there any immunity clause applicable to any of them?

8. If found guilty of any discrepancies, to what length is the state ready to prosecute this case?

Please, lets endeavour to read from page 281 to 309 of the report. It might cause serious distress as I personally shed tears uncontrollably. It will be hard but lets just read as it’s a duty we owe the murdered.

In our next class, we shall be addressing the following:

“Why is there no mention of who it was that ordered the DPO of Maroko Police Station and the 2 Abi na 3 sef, Army officers that led officers to massacre unarmed Nigerians at Lekki Toll Gate?”

I will ask this in our next class because, the army and the police will not leave whatever it was that they were doing prior to goan start shooting at unarmed folks when thieves were (and had been at it for some days on end at the time) looting my shop embarassed cry embarassed at Adeniran Ogunsanya Shopping mall, Surulere amongst others across the state. I’ll try to not ask who it was that came up with the idea of blaming the massacred folk for committing this looting. Maybe it’s pure conjecture or propaganda.

One final thing, let us not forget to appreciate the government (both state and federal) and the panel members and all other stakeholders for the sacrifices they must have made to make this most daring but absolutely important process a success.

Please read up or else!
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by timefarm(m): 6:56am On Nov 16, 2021

Shame on you.

I hope you are reading this thread.

Big shame on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by Walz001: 7:03am On Nov 16, 2021
its most Nigerian citizen that make that incident looks like it not true .... when we have some people in thi country supporting bad act the people doing the act will continue because they believe they will always have people to support them
even young folks too supporting bad ideas bad life and uncalled government behaviour ... dont seel the truth for a loaf of bread dont sell your future because of 5 thousand naira .......

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by africandollar: 7:05am On Nov 16, 2021
Tinubu na smart guy Oloun! Bubu definitely gave the order without the agreement of Tinubu/Sanwo-olu, now he go treat him f**k up. It's only Buhari that would give stupid orders that defy logic but see Baba T ehn? he don already play you mind chess game with the minimum of 5 moves ready.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by Chidex50(m): 7:06am On Nov 16, 2021
Some fools and cursed people on this forum are hellbent on saying it's not true coz it didn't affect their families. The clock is still ticking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by Zico777(m): 7:08am On Nov 16, 2021
Tetrahedron:
Honestly
With this & the Ikoyi 21 storeys building collapse.
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by StPete: 7:10am On Nov 16, 2021
NGpatriot:

Where was this picture taken, when was it taken? Your picture doesn't prove that massacre took place.

Try harder, most Nigerian youths are liars just like the bad leaders they loath and hate.

I hope this has cleared your doubt and I wouldn't want to make a bad prayer on you but change from supporting wicked politicians all because of 30k BMC salary

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by dettolgel: 7:14am On Nov 16, 2021
Tetrahedron:

You are kidding right? That is Tinubu's decision backed by his agbero.
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by SeunO1979: 7:20am On Nov 16, 2021
adaksbullet:
final, d true his out undecided

too does bastad that his said they are no kill anybodies on lekki epe way told gate on 20 10 2020, her u haved shames now?? undecided undecided set of stupid peoples

mine own his, who other the LEKKI mascarra? ? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

No be only mascara na eye shadow
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by immortal2: 7:22am On Nov 16, 2021
Shame on SW youths who denied the massacre.

They are now hiding their head in shame. Before, they would have swam the thread asking where are the bodies?

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by Brushstrokes20: 7:24am On Nov 16, 2021
Lobatan!.... Lie mohammed, brainless zombies, and their blood thirsty cohorts I'll surely meet their impending Waterloo undecided

RIP HEROES!

SHAME on the useless govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS!

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by calberian: 7:24am On Nov 16, 2021
jditimiya:

Kia you go sabi set exam question. another one go become a lawyer you will do a fine work.

Man mi, when you drink garri reach where I drink am, you sef go bad gan.
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by Subsea101: 7:34am On Nov 16, 2021
You are worse than an infidel, you guys said no shooting, the panel investigated and confirmed that there was indeed killings, you now turned around and said the names should be provided, the panel have provided the names... Now you are asking if stick or bullet or stone killed them!!, my friend, you are one of the problems we have in Nigeria, may you experience X2 what those innocent souls experienced forever and ever.

deji17:

What are the names of those who died? What did they die of? Military ammunition , local Dane gun or crowd stampede? The report does not provide these answers. We should base our information on facts, evidence and not emotion / bias.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by BabbanBura(m): 7:35am On Nov 16, 2021
ENIGMATIC2023:
10. WHETHER THERE WAS A MASSACRE AT THE LEKKI TOLL GATE ON
OCTOBER 20TH 2020?

A. The atrocious maiming and killing of unarmed, helpless and unresisting protesters,
while sitting on the floor and waving their Nigerian flags, while singing the National
Anthem can be equated to a ‘massacre’ in context.
“A massacre has been defined as the killing of multiple individuals, which is
considered to be morally unacceptable especially when perpetrated by political
actors against defenseless victims.”—Wikipedia
B. The Panel considered whether what took place at the Lekki Toll Gate on the 20th
October, 2020 was a MASSACRE. According to the learned authors of MerriamWebster Online Dictionary, one of the meanings of MASSACRE is ‘the act or instance
of killing a number of usually helpless or unresisting human beings under circumstances
of atrocity or cruelty.’
C. Against the above ‘contextual’ definitions, the Panel considered the following evidence
before it:
1. The EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate were defenseless members of the
civil populace, youth and young adults;
Both the Lagos State Government and indeed the Federal Government
were well aware of their status, objectives and the nature of their
protest;
The presence of protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate did not threaten the
territorial integrity of Nigeria and could not be considered as a civil
insurrection to warrant the intervention of the Nigerian Army;
4. Some top officials of the Lagos State Government met with the youths at
the Lekki Toll Gate around 12-1pm of October 20, 2020, seeking
selected representatives to discuss an urgent matter with them with a
view to persuading them to leave the Lekki Toll Gate;

Officers and soldiers of 65 Batallion of the Nigerian Army, led by Lt. Col
Bello, left their base with blank and live ammunitions to confront and
disperse youths holding only their national flags, with live bullets;
The soldiers actually shot blank and live bullets directly and pointedly
into the midst of the protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, with the
deliberate intention to assault, maim and kill;
The soldiers turned back ambulances that were invited to render first
aid and assistance to the wounded protesters;
Uncontroverted Evidence
8. The Panel finds that the Nigerian Army had exited the Panel at the time of
the testimony of the EndSARS protesters so that their testimonies and
evidence were largely uncontroverted through contrary evidence from
those accused of shooting, especially the Nigerian Army. The only witness
of the Nigerian Army, Brigadier-General Taiwo admitted that he was not
personally present at the Lekki Toll Gate on October 20, 2020.
The Panel finds that the cross-examinations of the EndSARS protesters by
the Lagos State Government, Lekki Concession Company and the Nigeria
Police Force did not impeach the direct evidence of the eye witnesses,
whereas the evidence of the Lagos State Government, the Lekki
Concession Company and the Police came from witnesses who stated that
they were not at the Lekki Toll Gate on October 20, 2020.
Evidence Of Coverup
10. It was alleged and corroborated that the soldiers had their vans parked at
the Lekki Toll Gate and removed as many bodies and corpses of the fallen
protesters which they took away with their vans. One of the protesters who
was shot and taken for dead, Olalekan Sanusi, who eventually escaped to
narrate his ordeal and experience stated that 11 corpses were in the van,
where he was placed in and presumed dead. Miss Dabira Ayuku also
corroborated the above by stating that she saw about 7 dead bodies placed
in one of the military trucks at the Lekki Toll Gate on the night of 20th
October, 2020

It was alleged and corroborated that soldiers picked bullet shells on the
night of October 20 and policemen followed up in the morning of
October 21 to pick bullet shells.
Several unidentified bodies were removed by security agencies and
LASEHMU (Lagos State Environmental Health Monitoring Unit) and
deposited at various hospital mortuaries in Lagos State.
Three (3) trucks with brushes underneath were brought to the Lekki Toll
Gate in the morning of October 21st October, 2020 to clean up the
scene of bloodstains and other evidence.
There was abundant evidence before the Panel that the Lagos State
Waste Management Authority (LAWMA) indicated in its Twitter handle
that it had effectively cleaned up the Lekki Toll Gate scene immediately
after the incident of October 20, 2020.
The denial of ambulances by the soldiers, which could have assisted in
the prompt and effective treatment of injured protesters, was cruel and
inhuman and it contributed immensely to the large number of deaths
and casualties on the part of the protesters, especially those from the
Lekki Toll Gate.
The Panel finds the cases of death or injured protesters as credible and
uncontroverted.
The Panel finds that most EndSARS protesters and victims of the Lekki
Toll Gate Incident of October 20, 2020 were largely unwilling to be
identified in public for fear of persecution or harassment by the security
agencies and the government generally. Immediately after the protest,
there was palpable fear that the Army and Police were visiting hospitals
to ‘finish up’ the protesters to the extent that some of them could not
return home immediately. Some of the protesters received threats and
some were being trailed by unknown persons.

May everyone involved in this massacre and atrocities know no peace nor his/her generations to come. May those who denied it or tried to cover it never have listening ears at their time of predicaments and May sorrow overwhelm them and theirs like the breath they take!
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by bankylan: 7:54am On Nov 16, 2021
How can we get rid of bugs and eternal idiots like this. Are you cursed?

deji17:

I have seen the list but no forensic report to substantiate if they died from military riffle.
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by iyke2frankeze: 8:04am On Nov 16, 2021
Let us watch and see how Afonja headslammers will accuse the Igbos of pronouncing the incident a massacre. How majority of the members of the panels are Igbos who want to destroy Lagos. These descendants of a fallen demon no go end well in this life.
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by laite: 8:13am On Nov 16, 2021
With this ur English you have massacre more people than the army did at lekki toll gate....are you by any means related to the man in aso rock with nepa certificate?
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by misterjosh(m): 8:27am On Nov 16, 2021
We have always known this to be true. How will Nigerian army be claiming to fire only rubber bullets that fateful day. It's alien, I'm sure vast majority of soldiers in the Nigerian army have never seen rubber bullets themselves.
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by Chatflick(m): 8:32am On Nov 16, 2021
Safyqueen:

A tout/zombie is someone who believe there was a massacre but without corpses or missing individuals to justify it. How do you see this definition, help check dictionary again.

Remember I am not pro government but I hate injustice whether to the government or masses.
Lets think straight and justly to help and develop our nation. Nigeria is bigger than any of our present leaders and there will Nigeria after Buhari.
You are a tout. You are doing a great job as one of the online zombies for the federal government. Keep it up
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by jditimiya(m): 9:12am On Nov 16, 2021
calberian:

Man mi, when you drink garri reach where I drink am, you sef go bad gan.

Without Garri for Naija poor men like us no go fit get mouth talk. But we keep moving for a better day bro. Enjoy your day....
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by olatuns2017: 9:18am On Nov 16, 2021
Seun:
According to the following excerpt from the report of the Lagos #EndSARS Judicial panel, the Lekki Shooting of October, 20, 2020 was a massacre.

AMONG THE NAMES OF SUPPOSED LEKKI TOLL GATE CASUALTIES. HERE IS ONE-

The young man who granted Punch newspaper an interview on the 'killing' of his 'brother' at Lekki Toll Gate is listed by Lagos State government as 'DECEASED' in Number 46.

Also, a painstaking search on the Facebook revealed majority of those listed as casualties have no profiles to their names.

Presumed Dead?

No sunname ?
No relatives?
No friend?
No address?
Which hospital treat them before confirming them dead?

Presume dead??

These people spent lagos money enjoying themselves in hotel without investigating every names mentioned

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by AfonjaConehead: 9:23am On Nov 16, 2021
Tallesty1:
The heartless zombified brainless people that said there was no massacre should burry their faces in shame.

In a sane clime, the moderator who was among those that claimed nobody died should be suspended indefinitely.

How a sane person would believe that the always trigger happy Nigeria soldier will go to such a place as Lekki Toll Gate that day and not shoot anyone is shocking.

Like, these are people we know. We have heard things they do. We have seen them do things.

There are few reason people join the military.

For some, it's a family trade.
For some, it's because of their joblessness.
For some it's because they love to serve.
For some, they just need legal means to kill people.
Many Nigeria soldiers are in the last category.

So anyone who tells you that our military men will go to Lekki and not kill anyone also fall in the last group even though he/she is not serving yet.

They're all bloodsucking demons.
Helinues kept preaching like he was paid to,that nobody was killed..he kept preaching every day.

Who's that mod?
I'm he's the one in politics section.
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by wonder233: 9:24am On Nov 16, 2021
I see names, so who really are they? And what were they doing at lekki tollgate at that night when a curfew had been imposed following the gruesome killings of policemen that same day in the afternoon. You want to claim amnesia that wasn't the sequel of events?
Benbellamor:
i hope you are not stammering when asking these..here are the names..hard copy here....i hope you can sleep today because of shame
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by jornwhite: 9:38am On Nov 16, 2021
Toks2008:

Dont get me wrong.

Seun should modify the topic of the thread cos nothing in the report he showed up there suggests that the report specifically called it a massacre. Leave emotions out of this. i am not saying there was no massacre.

The Panel phrased it in such a way that it was not expressly called a massacre but they tried to dance around it. That is still unfair

The essence of the panel was to establish if there was truly "a massacre" which happens to be the bone of contention .... finally the report out, and it as being established unarmed citizens were killed, with the level of your education do you need the panel or liein mohammed to call it "massacre before you know what massacre is, what happens to discretion and whoever think otherwise should pls re-define massacre.

Yoruba adage says, oun ti o da ko da, ko nii oruko meji,i.e call a spade a spade. stop looking for how to sugar coat evil

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by blacknoir: 9:55am On Nov 16, 2021
mindtricks:

Save your breathe friend, in naija everything, every single thing is rocket science.
Lol aswear
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by maiquel: 9:58am On Nov 16, 2021
Oyin2212:
Where is MANNA
You won't see him, he's hiding his head under the ground like an ostrich.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by rolams(m): 11:08am On Nov 16, 2021
Christistruth00:

It’s fake

Ok. Bring your original version.
Re: Lekki Tollgate Shooting Was A Massacre - Lagos #EndSARS Panel by rolams(m): 11:10am On Nov 16, 2021
Toks2008:

Dont get me wrong.

Seun should modify the topic of the thread cos nothing in the report he showed up there suggests that the report specifically called it a massacre. Leave emotions out of this. i am not saying there was no massacre.

The Panel phrased it in such a way that it was not expressly called a massacre but they tried to dance around it. That is still unfair

Pls download the report and read Page 290 downward. Or page 295 you will see it there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The World Powers Have Decided The Nigerian Elections Winner. It Is Not GEJ. / Eze Chikamnayo: Facebook Post Haunt Abia TC Chairman Nominee During Screening / TSA: Court Orders Seizure Of $793.2m Hidden In Banks (Names of banks)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.