Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians (25315 Views)

See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent / Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC / Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Wiifesnatcher(m): 9:49am On Nov 16, 2021
BigSarah:
Don't just protect loan debtors , also protect the creditors...
Pay the loan owed by defaulters to the loan companies...

And moreover before loan are disbursed, the debtors accepted terms and conditions as well permission to breach data

DISCLAIMER : I DON'T WORK FOR LOAN COMPANIES, NEITHER DO I SUPPORT THE TACKLING OF INNOCENT PEOPLE THE DEBTOR MIGHT HAVE PUT UP AS GUARANTOORS..
BUT STILL THE DEBTOR IS THE MAIN PROBLEM IN ALL THIS IF WE'RE BEING HONEST

shut up, honesty kill you there

not many debtors deliberately want to default loan, imagine someone that took a loan and to refund back in few days then he had a call that his mom was hospitalize hence he had not enough cash to refund it on the due date, why should they be blackmailing him?

if I take a loan and I default it non deliberately and you're adding penalty fees to my repayment, the day you blackmail me will be the last day I will even check that app nonsense

if everybody dey live fine who will want to borrow money, a friend borrowed money from Xcredit for 14days and 9k interest was added to the repayment, this is 30-35% of the money he requested for but when he's in die need and no one is ready to help out, what do you suggest he do?

in fact all this loan app should be banned and let Nigerians find alternative to their urgent needs

3 Likes

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Odide009: 9:50am On Nov 16, 2021
Good morning. I'm a computer, eletronics, and printer Technician, I live and work in Lagos State. Please, patronise me. I can visit anywhere withing Lagose. I also render one on one computer home training.
Thank you.
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by omasco922: 9:51am On Nov 16, 2021
Oyerinde16:

You obviously don't know the long term implications of your actions.
Keep quite.
You are one of those wicked, heartless money lender. Can you repay for character assassination?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 16, 2021
Most of these loan apps are same... Created out of I'll motives
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 16, 2021
Lcredit made me contemplate suicide...
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by DeWisedon(m): 9:57am On Nov 16, 2021
shuttox:
Sokoloan has frustrated many Nigerians...

I wonder how they get the victims relatives/friends contacts

why will you borrow in the first place when u had no intention of paying back? If na u bring out money dey loan pple and dem dey run with ur money, how will u still be in business, let alone pay ur workers... those loan company has helped some of us but as Nigerians that we are, we keep bridging the agreement and shedding crocodiles because someone wants his money that he gave to u back.... its unfair and painful, mak una reasonam unaself

1 Like

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by HACKPASTOR(m): 9:57am On Nov 16, 2021
aktolly54:
Don't know why rep OE senate refuse pass bill that mandatory bank to deduct money from your other(bvn) account if you borrow money from them. I remember 2019 or so, access bank used to loan me few cash up to 50k then and I will pay back but suddenly they remove the stuff and say its SALARY only that can borrow money. Just because some people owe them money and refuse to pay and don't use the account again. Access bank don't have right to deduct the money from their other account.

Some people are just wicked as well, I don't know why they will deliberate borrow and choose not to use the account again

That’s Nigeria for you, I have two guys that still own Access Bank 100k each since 2019/2020.

It affected me too cos then I was able to borrow 100k before they said I’m not eligible again.

But this year upon calls and complained, they started given me 300k. But they have changed there duration from one month to three months duration.
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Kobicove(m): 10:00am On Nov 16, 2021
rayvelez:
Pay your loan on time shikena.

Don't mind them, yeye people.
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Ayomi90: 10:00am On Nov 16, 2021
tamdun:

So they can disturb me that know nothing about their deals because one person from God knows where gave them permission to his phone abi?
Exactly, as long as ur number is on that persons phone list.
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by aktolly54(m): 10:01am On Nov 16, 2021
HACKPASTOR:

That’s Nigeria for you, I have two guys that still own Access Bank 100k each since 2019/2020.

It affected me too cos then I was able to borrow 100k before they said I’m not eligible again.

But this year upon calls and complained, they started given me 300k. But they have changed there duration from one month to three months duration.
one of my big sister for street also confirm she owe them 20k and decided not to pay. The particular can afford to pay ooo but just decided not to pay the loan and don't use the account again. I wish senate pass the bill that bank can remove loan from other bank link to bvn of debtor.

I know bad people is the reason why bank don't give access to easy loan again since people already show them pepper

1 Like

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by xpool(m): 10:02am On Nov 16, 2021
BigSarah:

And moreover before loan are disbursed, the debtors accepted terms and conditions as well permission to breach data

DISCLAIMER : I DON'T WORK FOR LOAN COMPANIES, NEITHER DO I SUPPORT THE TACKLING OF INNOCENT PEOPLE THE DEBTOR MIGHT HAVE PUT UP AS GUARANTOORS..
You lied!
You are a paid agent of the loan companies.
Are you this mischievously dull?
Did the post in anyway say that debtors should not pay their debts?
Your MUMU don do, abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by UTILITYMAY(m): 10:04am On Nov 16, 2021
Austinbiggy:

You are one of those people that sent messages to people contact. You must be working in lcredit. Keep sending messages

I am not!
These are the messages of threats I get in my phone. I don't work with them grin grin grin God forbid!

But did you even read my message before concluding I am one of them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by murphyung(m): 10:07am On Nov 16, 2021
rayvelez:
Pay your loan on time shikena.
Sokoloan agent spotted

1 Like

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 16, 2021
vickydevoka:

Exactly. Even me buh i pay bcuz earn. Aside branch, fairmoney n carbon I no borrow again. All dis easy credit, soko, icredit n lcredit no be me n Dem.

Swears... Fairmoney and Carbon are the best.. Fairmoney is my personal best....

2 Likes

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by chika1017: 10:10am On Nov 16, 2021
Debt na debt

1 Like

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 16, 2021
Austinbiggy:
They keep calling my line that I stand as a guarantor for someone without me signing anything. They threatened to block my bvn if I didn't provide the person that took loan from them. The company is Lcredit. They abuse me, chat me on WhatsApp and everything about this app is insults.

Lcredit is evil... FG should ban all of these apps..
Fairmoney and Carbon are okay cause they are banks..
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by psalmistkakah(m): 10:12am On Nov 16, 2021
BigSarah:

?
Madam this sokoloan is a useless loan application.. i was there customer last year during Corona Crisis.. I never defaulted for once.. Unfortunately a week to xmas i lose my Inlaw.. Hv to travel with my family, From North to Enugu only transport don chop me 90,000... 26 Dec we move that day the loan expire.. No money with me.. i plead with them, to give me like a week when i come back i will pay.. i was going to sell one of my fridges and settle dem.. See insults, wetin concern dem with person wey die. blabla.. I say make dem no worry even d accured default interest i go pay..Omo dis people just send messages to my contact, i be criminal dis and dat....i even text with proof of wat happened, make dem check my facebook handle dem go see my inlaw obituary post and my journey pix with family...As i come back i manage pay dem.. since den i know collect any loan again.... on top how much... #30,000

3 Likes

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:13am On Nov 16, 2021
Pierocash:
Please any other loan app I can collect money from since I have collected from almost all of them and hasn't paid? They can keep all my contacts and do whatever they want with it as long as I can get the money.

Useless loan apps, they shared my data and picture to all my WhatsApp contacts and labelled me a criminal. I told them to stop sending those pictures and data to my contacts because that is too small,they should go to vanguard, Facebook, premium times and the rest and post it there. Me,since then,I have been hunting all of them,I collect,I no dey pay . You can keep my data,do what you want with it.

Please any other new loan app that I don't know about? Please tell me I want to tell them something

Chai...

Some people get new sim..
Guess and save yeye phone numbers that do not exist..

Then use it to collect loan from the company after sometimes..

If them like.....the person won't even worry cos the contacts are fake gan..he did it to several of the loan companies
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by muheeb01(m): 10:15am On Nov 16, 2021
These loan apps wahala don dey too much o
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Kingkyle1(m): 10:19am On Nov 16, 2021
totosucker:
I support this move. I know say Nigerians no dey gree pay but there are other means of getting your money back and not through blackmail.

Other means like?
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by cblack247(m): 10:22am On Nov 16, 2021
People saying who will also protect the creditors. they should protect themselves by being Licensed by the relevant authorities.

Then those saying were they forced to borrow. were the loan companies also forced to approve the loan?

Lastly, all debtors should do well to pay back. Being a debtor is not a good thing at all whichever reason you might have. do not borrow with the aim of not paying back.

The creditors and the debtors should do the needful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Kobicove(m): 10:22am On Nov 16, 2021
totosucker:
I support this move. I know say Nigerians no dey gree pay but there are other means of getting your money back and not through blackmail.

Please suggest those methods here.

I have some stupid friends who are owing me loans I gave them in good faith

2 Likes

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 16, 2021
UTILITYMAY:

I am not!
These are the messages of threats I get in my phone. I don't work with them grin grin grin God forbid!

But did you even read my message before concluding I am one of them?

Smiles.. I don't think he did.. Not that complicated

1 Like

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by clockwisereport: 10:24am On Nov 16, 2021
pek:
Op, so you don't know the difference between debt and dept?

I thought I was the only one who noticed this

1 Like

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by UTILITYMAY(m): 10:28am On Nov 16, 2021
Hanks0000:

Smiles.. I don't think he did.. Not that complicated

Abi ooo!
Some people Sha!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by akanbiaa(m): 10:30am On Nov 16, 2021
JosephXavier:
Two weeks ago, I received a text message from one loan app telling me that my neighbour us a criminal and a fraud bla bla bla...

They said I should report him to police if I come in contact with him and I will be rewarded

Infact, when I got home, I met him at the gate and I showed him the message

These are the kind of embarrassment Nigerians face from the loan apps

But in the other hand, some Nigerians are not good repaying

We should not forget that these are people businesses and they have staffs understand their payroll

If you know, you can't pay back, to avoid embarrassment, just look for a friend that you can borrow from
Most will call you threatened that they will block you BVN and bank account (as if they can do it) that someone you either know or don't know collected loan and you were the guarantor (gurantor that did not sign any document ), but their target is to embarrass and frustrate the person to pay back but its very unprofessional and illegal. They normally use automated calls now so it's just recorded calls they will play to you so if you talk back its just waste of time. Advice just install true caller and block any spam calls.
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Kingkyle1(m): 10:41am On Nov 16, 2021
Walkee:
Nobody who didn't have 5k today will magically have 7k to settle debt 7 days later. The loan apps aren't helping anyone, they spend millions advertising their business deceitfully and forcing down hungry people's throat without most of the people even knowing what they are getting into. they're doing cutthroat business, earning 25% in 14 days. Which legitimate business return 25% in 14 days?
They are into high risk, high profit yielding business and they should have a plan to get their money back without disturbing innocent people who weren't there when they were getting their 25% profit in 14 days.
Besides everybody everywhere default in repayment of loan due to unforseen circumstances. Last year I had over 3m sitting in my account, if someone told me that this morning I would have less than 2k in my account I won't have believed

How does your personal affairs concern them man?
Yea, they should give more time and reduce interest rates but why would you agree to the terms and conditions only to renegade when the time for repayment comes? Isn't that absurd and wicked.
They shouldn't involve people who weren't aware or privy of the loan collections. I don't support the one they would involve one as a guarantor without ones notice.
I have lent many people money and i have had bitter experiences trying to recover my money. Nigerians are terrible with repaying loans. No plans or whatsoever on how to repay. In thks case what do you want me to do as i am not s loan app? Some that i lent money to were even finding ways to eliminating me. Can you imagine?
So Nigerians are a pain in the ass. I will never give any loan to anyone.
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Carparts888(m): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2021
Not everyone read terms and conditions in Nigeria but it's still no right to message all contacts on the defaulters phone as this will lead to serious embarrassment and depression. It hurts badly when someone owes you your hard earned money but there other legitimate ways to go about debt recovery.
BigSarah:

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Kingkyle1(m): 11:00am On Nov 16, 2021
Carparts888:
Not everyone read terms and conditions in Nigeria but it's still no right to message all contacts on the defaulters phone as this will lead to serious embarrassment and depression. It hurts badly when someone owes you your hard earned money but there other legitimate ways to go about debt recovery.

Mention the other ways to recover debts or loaned money. Thanks
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Yankee101: 11:07am On Nov 16, 2021
Why wait this long?
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Walkee: 11:12am On Nov 16, 2021
Oga everyone default on loan repayment, it's not wickedness or anything. Nigeria owe trillions, USA owe trillions of dollars, Donald Trump owe millions of dollars, banks owe billions. Defaulting on loan is not a crime, for that you add interest not start harassing people who were not there when the loan was taken with calls. The so called terms and conditions you are talking about will never mention the part where they will call your contacts and lie to them.
You are only talking this because you live in Nigeria were people do anyhow.
In USA, an average American is living on debt running into millions of naira. Students go to school on loan and leave school with an average of N25m debt by the time they leave school. They still walk on the streets without getting harassed. If all these soko people try one third of their rubbish in a developed country they will spend the rest of their paying damages in millions of dollars to their own debtors

They should have a plan to collect their money without defaming people. if they don't, then they should sit their ynash down and rest.
Kingkyle1:

How does your personal affairs concern them man?
Yea, they should give more time and reduce interest rates but why would you agree to the terms and conditions only to renegade when the time for repayment comes? Isn't that absurd and wicked.
They shouldn't involve people who weren't aware or privy of the loan collections. I don't support the one they would involve one as a guarantor without ones notice.
I have lent many people money and i have had bitter experiences trying to recover my money. Nigerians are terrible with repaying loans. No plans or whatsoever on how to repay. In thks case what do you want me to do as i am not s loan app? Some that i lent money to were even finding ways to eliminating me. Can you imagine?
So Nigerians are a pain in the ass. I will never give any loan to anyone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by OnWebTech: 11:22am On Nov 16, 2021
Useless Chinese loan companies doing nonsense in Nigeria, Can they try this in countries where GDPR law is heavily enforced?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? / Tony Elumelu Foundation Opens Portal For 2021 Entrepreneurship Programme / Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.