Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians (25275 Views)

See How I Was deceived By Loan App Agent / Gtbank, Zenith, Fidelity, Unity Bank Under Investigation For Data Breach: NDPC / Data Breach: GT, Zenith Banks Under Investigation - NDPB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by LZAA: 11:36am On Nov 16, 2021
I love this
These chinese idiots and their willing Nigerian tools who are defending them here have more or less run themselves out of business
If you notice you can never find those apps on ios because apple don't joke with consumer data
Google is waking up

1 Like

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by tolor: 11:49am On Nov 16, 2021
I borrow money from this apps onetime to fvck olosho cool and I refuse to pay them back. wink wink
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by robortonia: 11:55am On Nov 16, 2021
BigSarah:
Don't just protect loan debtors , also protect the creditors...
Pay the loan owed by defaulters to the loan companies...

And moreover before loan are disbursed, the debtors accepted terms and conditions as well permission to breach data

DISCLAIMER : I DON'T WORK FOR LOAN COMPANIES, NEITHER DO I SUPPORT THE TACKLING OF INNOCENT PEOPLE THE DEBTOR MIGHT HAVE PUT UP AS GUARANTOORS..
BUT STILL THE DEBTOR IS THE MAIN PROBLEM IN ALL THIS IF WE'RE BEING HONEST

Debtors were forced and deceived into accepting the terms of breach

1 Like

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Walkee: 12:04pm On Nov 16, 2021
OnWebTech:
Useless Chinese loan companies doing nonsense in Nigeria, Can they try this in countries where GDPR law is heavily enforced?
I swear, if they try that nonsense in USA or western Europe, they will end up paying damages in millions of dollars to their own debtors.
An average human being in USA is living on debt, nobody harass any of their contacts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by mocipe: 12:14pm On Nov 16, 2021
rayvelez:
Pay your loan on time shikena.

You see Sokoloan charging 8k+ for two weeks, are Nigerian banks doing that.
That Sokoloan na rip off them dey do to Nigerians.
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by BJanta: 12:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by JBoss25(m): 1:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
tamdun:
Scrap this yeye loan nonsense, my wife's phone was stolen and before we know whatsup, the Thief already took loan with her sim, these people just dey give loan to every Tom,dick and Harry, una neva see anything, una go complain taya
scrap it for wetin, e dey help person o
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Carparts888(m): 1:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
Depending on the amount of money owed or type loan agreement, other ways are to setup a meeting to re-nogotaite the repayment plan , charge defaulter to court or hire the service of a professional debt collector
Kingkyle1:

Mention the other ways to recover debts or loaned money. Thanks
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by etchiep(m): 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2021
It's very easy once you apply for loan , you automatically allow the app to access your contact

shuttox:
Sokoloan has frustrated many Nigerians...

I wonder how they get the victims relatives/friends contacts

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Oyerinde16(m): 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2021
omasco922:

Keep quite.
You are one of those wicked, heartless money lender. Can you repay for character assassination?

1st I am not a lender neither do I work for any...

2nd If you knew you had a character to protect, you will not default.

3rd Can you too pay for the loss of revenue accrued due to you default. Don't ask me how much, if you don't want to run mad cos I wonder why you want them to pay for a useless character after default, when you can't pay for the resultant cause of you default...

1 Like

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Oyerinde16(m): 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2021
All the people saying nonsense, it can't happen in the US or Europe, have you heard or Operation REPO, they will recover whatever you owe them using force, embarrass you and repossess what you owe... If you default on a car, they will stop you in traffic and collect their car, if you go to police or anywhere, the very first thing they will ask you is did you enter into this agreement, once you say yes, they will ask you why you default, Any excuse you give, they will tell you that's your problem, you either pay up or Bleep off...

2 Likes

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Oyerinde16(m): 2:04pm On Nov 16, 2021
Walkee:
I swear, if they try that nonsense in USA or western Europe, they will end up paying damages in millions of dollars to their own debtors.
An average human being in USA is living on debt, nobody harass any of their contacts

Living on debt and not defaulting on repayment is accepted and different from living on debt or using debt to bleep olosho and defaulting.

Most people living on debt but not defaulting are not embarrassed, only defaulters are embarrassed and they deserve it...

2 Likes

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by nathaniel27(m): 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
tamdun:
Scrap this yeye loan nonsense, my wife's phone was stolen and before we know whatsup, the Thief already took loan with her sim, these people just dey give loan to every Tom,dick and Harry, una neva see anything, una go complain taya

Take loan with number I don't get??�. How?
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by snoopz: 2:25pm On Nov 16, 2021
You gave them access in the first place.
I recently installed jumia pay to do sub for my dstv, so I was curious when I saw borrow money naso I click borrow the next interface that came up was allow app to access your contacts na that time I wise up say na daddy mummy pastor imam uncle aunty and other valuable common names they're looking for once person no pay up naso I japa
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by SavageResponse(m): 2:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
Walkee:

Oya make you sef go USA go borrow money then make you come refuse to pay back make you see wetin dem go do to you for that place!

People wey never enter plane before go just dey here dey talk anyhow angry

1 Like

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by SavageResponse(m): 2:33pm On Nov 16, 2021
Carparts888:
Depending on the amount of money owed or type loan agreement, other ways are to setup a meeting to re-nogotaite the repayment plan , charge defaulter to court or hire the service of a professional debt collector

Person wey go court to recover bad debt for Nigeria dey waste him time and money.

Just use any means available to you even if it means using police grin
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Kingkyle1(m): 2:53pm On Nov 16, 2021
Carparts888:

First and foremost, someone is owing me 500k since last year and kept on promising to repay uptill now nothing.
He absconded and refused to get in touch but even when in touch it's all stories.
Until i reported the case to his immediate family, he was angry but with all evidence i gave to his elder brother who happened to be a barrister, he has been asking me to give him December.
Now,I am contemplating next line of action. I don't want to do anything not within the law that can be used against me maybe by his concerned Barrister brother and co. I have a police DPO or even hard guys that can ruffle it out but i am being careful.
In your own opinion, about hiring a pro debt collectors, won't i have to expend money to recover my money? Will it worth it in case of 500k?
If i use police it can be effective and at same time otherwise but either way you are going to spend heavily too.
If you go to court, you know how how that one can be. Even with your evidence, they can overturn the whole thing.
That's why I don't usually blame the loan apps, i feel their pains although there terms are sometimes unreasonable and approach but Nigeria is a hostile environment, hence their ferocious approach. To survive in this country, you got to be rugged and dogged.

And finally, what of amounts like 10k to 50k, will you use police, court, pro debt collector? When the cost or expenses tp employ their services might be higher than what is owed

1 Like

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by chiefobdk2: 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2021
chrisxxx:
f you desire to source for loan from any of these loans houses please delete my number before you hand over your phone to them.
Otherwise, any time I receive embarrassing messages again I will take them to your house.
Or will take mine from CBN and they will come for you as surety.

U don't understand.. Nobody listed anyone as surety.. The loan app have access to the contacts on the phone. They call random numbers to blackmail the debtor and shame onto paying
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Jmichael1(m): 3:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
NotBeenPaid:
Buhari is the devil that can't be forgiven - NEVER!

u jst said my mind,buhari can never be forgiven
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Jmichael1(m): 3:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
tolor:
I borrow money from this apps onetime to fvck olosho cool and I refuse to pay them back. wink wink

hahahahaha bad guy
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Jmichael1(m): 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2021
Latakia:
That data loan app will just send SMS to all your contacts list to remind them that you are onigbese "debtor" What a disgrace grin

hahahahaha bro buhari na be our num1 onigbese debtor,ask china
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Chuksmonika(m): 3:32pm On Nov 16, 2021
DreamyEyes:
oga forget that thing. They are of no help or importance. Imagine giving out a loan with exorbitant interests for just 7-14 days. That's nonsense
not all of them bro, those that give 7-14days are greedy. I recommend only Palmcredit(they also own xcrosscash), branch, carbon and fairmoney.
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Carparts888(m): 3:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
Thats bad, send me a mail, I can help u.Pro debt collectors usually take some percentage of the recovered debt as service charge, maybe 20 to 30%
Kingkyle1:

First and foremost, someone is owing me 500k since last year and kept on promising to repay uptill now nothing.
He absconded and refused to get in touch but even when in touch it's all stories.
Until i reported the case to his immediate family, he was angry but with all evidence i gave to his elder brother who happened to be a barrister, he has been asking me to give him December.
Now,I am contemplating next line of action. I don't want to do anything not within the law that can be used against me maybe by his concerned Barrister brother and co. I have a police DPO or even hard guys that can ruffle it out but i am being careful.
In your own opinion, about hiring a pro debt collectors, won't i have to expend money to recover my money? Will it worth it in case of 500k?
If i use police it can be effective and at same time otherwise but either way you are going to spend heavily too.
If you go to court, you know how how that one can be. Even with your evidence, they can overturn the whole thing.
That's why I don't usually blame the loan apps, i feel their pains although there terms are sometimes unreasonable and approach but Nigeria is a hostile environment, hence their ferocious approach. To survive in this country, you got to be rugged and dogged.

And finally, what of amounts like 10k to 50k, will you use police, court, pro debt collector? When the cost or expenses tp employ their services might be higher than what is owed
Unfortunately, if the debt is small like btw 10 to 50k, there is little or nothing much to do apart from constantly disturbing the debtor to pay u till he/she succumbs.
Reporting to police is a legal way too but u need to deal with DPO or any superior officer to avoid extortion.
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Walkee: 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2021
SavageResponse:

Oya make you sef go USA go borrow money then make you come refuse to pay back make you see wetin dem go do to you for that place!

People wey never enter plane before go just dey here dey talk anyhow angry
stop talking nonsense. I have a lot of people there. Don't project your life on others. What's plane that looks so luxurious to there. Have you ever heard of creditcard, student loan etc? They are all debts and majority of people don't pay them back in months or years. People default all the time
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Carparts888(m): 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2021
Legal or illegal?
SavageResponse:

Person wey go court to recover bad debt for Nigeria dey waste him time and money.

Just use any means available to you even if it means using police grin
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Walkee: 3:54pm On Nov 16, 2021
Oyerinde16:

Living on debt and not defaulting on repayment is accepted and different from living on debt or using debt to bleep olosho and defaulting.

Most people living on debt but not defaulting are not embarrassed, only defaulters are embarrassed and they deserve it...
defaulting for one day will never ever make anyone deserve public embarrassment. If they try that nonsense in correct country they will use their small cutthroat profit to pay damages for the rest of their lives

1 Like

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by stacyadams: 3:59pm On Nov 16, 2021
Walkee:
Nobody who didn't have 5k today will magically have 7k to settle debt 7 days later. The loan apps aren't helping anyone, they spend millions advertising their business deceitfully and forcing down hungry people's throat without most of the people even knowing what they are getting into. they're doing cutthroat business, earning 25% in 14 days. Which legitimate business return 25% in 14 days?
They are into high risk, high profit yielding business and they should be ready for the risk and also have a plan to get their money back without disturbing innocent people who weren't there when they were getting their 25% profit in 14 days.
Besides everybody everywhere default in repayment of loan due to unforseen circumstances. Last year I had over 3m sitting in my account, if someone told me that this morning I would have less than 2k in my account I won't have believed
damn bro wah happened to u
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by chrisxxx(m): 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2021
chiefobdk2:

U don't understand.. Nobody listed anyone as surety.. The loan app have access to the contacts on the phone. They call random numbers to blackmail the debtor and shame onto paying
I am advising them to delete my contact before the download the app.
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by stacyadams: 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2021
tolor:
grin grin and heaven dinoh fall

1 Like

Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by Hkff: 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
Good they should do the same to telecoms companies sending unsolicited messages
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by maelish: 4:53pm On Nov 16, 2021
You don't know what you are saying, always contribute on what you understand best.
uotehor=BigSarah post=107664799]Don't just protect loan debtors , also protect the creditors...
Pay the loan owed by defaulters to the loan companies...

And moreover before loan are disbursed, the debtors accepted terms and conditions as well permission to breach data

DISCLAIMER : I DON'T WORK FOR LOAN COMPANIES, NEITHER DO I SUPPORT THE TACKLING OF INNOCENT PEOPLE THE DEBTOR MIGHT HAVE PUT UP AS GUARANTOORS..
BUT STILL THE DEBTOR IS THE MAIN PROBLEM IN ALL THIS IF WE'RE BEING HONEST [/quote]
Re: Data Breach By Loan Apps: FG To Protect Nigerians by SonOfTheRisingS: 5:32pm On Nov 16, 2021
Nigerian federal and state governments are heavy debtors too, on what conditions did they took funds from the creditors/China and other countries that are stealing and sending fulani jihadist forces into our land?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Union Bank Takes Over Dangote’s Company Over Unpaid N4b Loan / Banks Deliberately Flood Market With Dirty Naira Notes—cbn / Fire Outbreak At Abakaliki Rice Mill Company (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.