Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

My Wife Attitude Towards My Food - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Attitude Towards My Food (41864 Views)

My Wife Poisoned My Food But Thank God I Survived - Nigerian Man Reveals / Pkingman Dis Is For U.about Ur Wife Attitude / My Wife’s Attitude Changed After Working For A Few Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Mariangeles(f): 8:05pm On Nov 16, 2021
[s]
Kuriosmynd:

You are a foool for this advice...why women no dey geh sense for advice...u people just have sheep mentality... always going in same direction, supporting each other in stupidity
[/s]

You're the fool!

Abeg! I no get patience to tolerate senseless people!
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Kuriosmynd: 8:05pm On Nov 16, 2021
geonye:
thats very wrong thing for her to do
First sensible comment from a lady so far

1 Like

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Holadpearl(m): 8:05pm On Nov 16, 2021
Simply buy meat/protein of your choice, as much as you like. Ask her to help you fry, then Keep in refrigerator. Before/after your meal is served microwave the quantity of your choice. Add to your food. Enjoy....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by kawkab: 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
Bros, you wife is helping you live a healthier life.

1. Too much meat (red) is not good for you at a particular age age.

2. When you get used to portions of eba that is too much, you get accustomed to it and this will affect you in several ways viz obesity, running the risk of developing diabetes and several others

3. Nothing stops you from serving your self and dishing the portion you think you deserves.

4. In your post, you talk condescendingly about your wife as if she is one maid that meant to serve you at all times. If you thinks she is not serving you well enough, just get into the kitchen and if you so wish empty the pot on your plate.

5. Issues like this hsould not be brough to Nairaland. Sit down with your wife and thrash this out. if she does not change, get somebodyt that she respects to talk to her.

Shikena

1 Like

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by toujurs: 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
Mariangeles:
Your wife is acting based on the way she was raised.
When it comes to food, men adjust in the ways of their wives.
Besides, too much meat is not good for you and your wife is protecting from being overfed.
Walaihi you wicked,What a selfish advice, Ontop his money, is he a kid

1 Like

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by frozen70(f): 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
Barrister026:
My wife attitudes towards food she cooked with my money is getting on my nerves.

How can my wife be dishing food to me like she's serving it for our kids.times without number have complained but still no changes.

It's either she makes eba that won't satisfy us ( when they is enough garri available) her defense is that she don't want it to be wasted.

OR

She dished out soup for me with lesser meat like am a kid. Have told her several times when cooking..to buy enough protein in the soup or stew. But to my surprise she always economise the money and divert it into something else.

I even had to start buying suya in the evening when coming back from work, because I know what I be expecting when my food is dished out. ( Recent news we saw of how suya killed some families, made me limiit it)

Have ordered her on several occasions to take it back and put more protein, but must i always do that?

Please This is really getting out of hand, I really don't know how to handle this situation.

You need to seat her down, talk with her and find out if the money is enough to cook with enough protein

Or if she is saving the money, then good, how much has she saved and what she intend to do with it

While excess meat is not good, I don't think she is watching that aspect

You have to be specific on exactly what portions of meat that you are expecting per meal and your swallow portions

You also need to inform her that, if she doesn't want you to eat to your satisfaction at home, you will end up sorting yourself out

This shouldn't be an issue in the first place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Abeos(m): 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
This place be like family and relationship meeting. Some things that are supposed to be solved in house just dropping here these days
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by orijo1980: 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
Oga just go and buy what u want don't give her the money her duties is just to cook for u done give her the money to buy its herself
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Kuriosmynd: 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
Mariangeles:
[s][/s]

You're the fool!

Abeg! I no get patience to tolerate senseless people!
U be mumu

1 Like

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by AfonjaConehead: 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
flokii:

Country hard.. afonja like me, ayam tayad of doing Igbo this Igbo that everyday,ayam not growing any younger o their wives come dey carry their own wahala join am grin

Wives should better behave themselves in their husband's house to avoid severe beatings or even divorce.
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by caesymore(m): 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
bummyla:
I understand your pain Sir! Am in it presently! You are lucky your wife cooks, my own hates to cook and when she cooks she serves me like a slave or a houseboy. Sometimes when I see my food I weep inside, sometimes I eat, sometimes, I ignore! Me and you are the same, I buy suya every night to avoid, trouble at home. Most times the eba is hot while the soup is full of ice, she will say use the hot eba to dissolve the ice soup or go and employ a house girl. The only difference is that mine is from Akwa Ibom, when she cooks she must add all the protein in large quantity.

Omo una no dey encourage us for this marriage something oh. no tell me I go leave my sweet bachelorship for wahala in the name of marriage God help us

1 Like

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Icon79(m): 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
Haha. Good solution, if he lives in Naija. But what if he lives abroad? sad

O pari

Mariangeles:

How we wan come take solve this matter like this now ehn? undecided

Oya, go tell your wife say umu Ada dey call am.
Make we teach am how to feed man.
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Piptocoin: 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
PlayMaker14:
I believe she's not restraining you from serving your desired portion.... Kindly go and serve yourself if you are not satisfied with her portion.

Na small issue wey you fit coordinate as a MAN.

I'm sorry but this reply of yours is dense in thought. Logic, if you can serve yourself and cook your meals then why marry? For sex? Children? As if you cannot get those with relative ease elsewhere. Please, look up wifely consortium and know why a breach of that is actionable for divorce. In this case, it is a petty reason for divorce but petty things can grow into irreconciliable differences.

The man should just learn how to live with it if she doesn't change. Marriage is not for the weak. If he cannot live with it he should develop the habit of eating out where his desire is respected as long as he has the money. He should choose his poison.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Mariangeles(f): 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
SirMichael1:

Disrespectful?? Lol. Which kind disrespect pass the one wey she dey give her husband? See ehn, in parent's house, when we're hungry, my mum always tell us to go fetch food from the kitchen ourselves. I grew up with this and I can't imagine my wife restricting me from going to the kitchen to serve myself. It's just stupid. Like why?? Why

If a piece of meat can bring a fight, imagine op going to serve himself. undecided

People are just different.
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
When I am not handicapped. I will walk straight to the kitchen and dish as much as I want. You are the one deceiving yourself by thinking of what people will say.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by stanliwise(m): 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
Barrister026:
My wife attitudes towards food she cooked with my money is getting on my nerves.

How can my wife be dishing food to me like she's serving it for our kids.times without number have complained but still no changes.

It's either she makes eba that won't satisfy us ( when they is enough garri available) her defense is that she don't want it to be wasted.

OR

She dished out soup for me with lesser meat like am a kid. Have told her several times when cooking..to buy enough protein in the soup or stew. But to my surprise she always economise the money and divert it into something else.

I even had to start buying suya in the evening when coming back from work, because I know what I be expecting when my food is dished out. ( Recent news we saw of how suya killed some families, made me limiit it)

Have ordered her on several occasions to take it back and put more protein, but must i always do that?

Please This is really getting out of hand, I really don't know how to handle this situation.
If na me I go refuse the food all together. If I correct you on multiple occasions and we both discussed and reached an agreement. Then you still continue then I will leave you to your portion.

The matter no reach yo quarrel
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
Op....this sounds so funny but at the same time I feel your pain......

I think your wife is just using that to get to you on what you said or an action you did ,that you have forgotten, possibly against her or helping her own siblings....may be you told her that money is hard to find and she should be economical in handling things....

That's the character of some ladies, so all you have to do is to manage the meal, and be joking about the food she serves you often.....find a way to soften her heart, and please don't take it too personal, or else things will be going out of hand.
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by tradepunter: 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2021
You sounding authoritarian

What you by you ordered her??

If meat nu do you walka go kitchen to collect more, simple.
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by alizma: 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2021
Barrister026:

OR

Bro, just thank God for the wife he gives you. My wife is like yours but I am learning to adjust and see how I can make her better, is better than having all these extravagant women. Sometimes buy the meat yourself and jokingly tell her you want her to give you two or even three . My brother if you jam the other side, na you go run o. Lean how to manage what you have into what you want and you will be happy

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Icon79(m): 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2021
Smart gurl … wifey material wink

O pari

Foodqueen:
Start dishing your food.

Problem solved.
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Handsum64: 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2021
PlayMaker14:
I believe she's not restraining you from serving your desired portion.... Kindly go and serve yourself if you are not satisfied with her portion.

Na small issue wey you fit coordinate as a MAN.
Really?
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by bummyla(m): 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2021
Why are they like this? They will refuse to compromise, but they will want you to be romantic towards them 24/7

Barrister026:

We've had several discussions about it, to The extent it nearly led to quarrel.
But still she refuse to change.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Nyanabo(m): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
Barrister026:

Smile

That will make me come off as been greedy, don't you think.
What will people think when they hear it.

"If him wife cook, na him dey go devide food from pot"

It's not mature

It's also not mature when you complain each time she dishes food for you.

You think she does that purposely? She goes to the market everyday and she knows what she sees there.

If you claim to be mature it what she give you without complaining. Or give her more money specifically for 'proteins' like meats fish and all other little sea foods.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Mariangeles(f): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
[s]
Kuriosmynd:

U be mumu
[/s]

Grow up and be civil!
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
Anyone telling OP to serve himself is M.A.D. I REPEAT YOU ARE MENTALLY IMBALANCED!

I GO USE MY MONEY MARRY WOMAN FINISH, THEN GO HUSTLE FROM MORNING TILL NIGHT, THEN COME HOUSE THEM NO GO SERVE ME FOOD WEY MY MONEY PROVIDE THE WAY I LIKE AM, UNA TALK SAY MAKE I GO SERVE MYSELF IN THE NAME OF WIFE NOT SLAVE ABI?

GOD DON PUNISH UNA FINISH. IDIOTSSSSS

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by obembet(f): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
Barrister026:

OR

She's a good woman. She's observe that u lack savings culture and she's helping u. And besides eat like normal people not hungry man
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
Barrister026:

OR

going to the kitchen doesn't sound right. Just eat her food, when not satisfied, go out, get enough food, bring it home and eat in her very presence. I assure you, in two days she go change.

Just make sure u are dropping enough to cover for this large portion you are craving for.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Microwhy: 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
Barrister026:

Smile

That will make me come off as been greedy, don't you think.
What will people think when they hear it.

"If him wife cook, na him dey go devide food from pot"

It's not mature
Just before I login to nairaland, I had my dinner which I dished myself.
Sometimes I tell her to boil water and I will go turn gari using spoon which I believe is more sweeter than using turning stick.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
Foodqueen:
Start dishing your food.

Problem solved.
As he is dishing his food I hope she will be paying her rent.

Animal

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by DabuIIIT: 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
Barrister026:

OR

Do not do as people are advising you to dish food for yourself.
What you gotta do is simple,after giving her food money and you notice she bought and us serving you tiny portions of,say, meat,then get extra meat from the market yourself and tell her to add it to you and others meals.
Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by MARKone(m): 8:11pm On Nov 16, 2021

Guy you sef get your own issues.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Attitude Towards My Food by SirMichael1: 8:12pm On Nov 16, 2021
Mariangeles:

If a piece of meat can bring a fight, imagine op going to serve himself. undecided

People are just different.

No be only fight. Which kind fight? The op never said his wife trades word with him, so?

Omo, forget that thing oh. I no marry to come suffer abeg. I didn't marry you to change my lifestyle for me. Imagine say before I marry, I dey chop big meat wella, then suddenly, because she assumed the cooking role, she come dey minimize my meat, unto wetin?? Omo, make no woman try that shit with me, I swear. I'll just go to the market, buy like 5 kilos of meat, come home, cook, marinate it and then fry and keep it in the fridge or even seal it in a plastic. Every night, I pick like three and chop. No time for nonsense abeg.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Sexually Molested/harassed Shares Story Also Advises Parents (PHOTOS) / My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! / Russia: New Mum ‘throws Another Woman’s Baby To His Death( Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.