Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? (25628 Views)

Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? / BED BUGS! Please How Do I Get Rid Of Them / Powerful Effective Bed Bugs Killer Bait Powder To Kill Bedbugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by HonestFriend: 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ha... Bed bugs can worry...

My baby sister nai drive dem commot for our house back then...

Regular fumigation can help

4 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Oluwasaudy(m): 12:23pm On Nov 17, 2021
That thing day smell if you kill am ehn.... And once it find access to your home..if you no fumigate,you are in trouble... The rate at which they lay and and multiply go shock you ...learnt they are hermaphrodite or so....

7 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by pretydiva(f): 12:24pm On Nov 17, 2021
Op I was expecting you to also state the remedy/solution

16 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by spartan117(m): 12:24pm On Nov 17, 2021
Subsea101:
I don't have bed bugs in my home... For those that do, abeg try and reduce dirt in your home, aerate the place.
This is the ignorance this post was created to enlighten undecided

8 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Babaken(m): 12:25pm On Nov 17, 2021
Iceiscold:
Chichi...
Chinchi

5 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by TheWolfen(m): 12:27pm On Nov 17, 2021
I hate bugs and also dislike people with them too
Those bugs are nothing but real life vampires

5 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by iwatchandlisten(m): 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2021
pafo:

I just finished dealing with mine after two months. They brought the fear of God into me. How the hell they came in still remains a mystery to me.

How did you deal with them?

2 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by 3RNEST(m): 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2021
pretydiva:
Op I was expecting you to also state the remedy/solution
fumigation for like 1 week straight, kerosene is the best remedy sha mixed with sniper insecticide.

3 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by grandstar(m): 12:30pm On Nov 17, 2021
I don't know what attracts bedbugs to your home but I know what effectively gets rid of them: SNIPER!

I give it 10 stars

14 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by 3RNEST(m): 12:32pm On Nov 17, 2021
TheWolfen:
I hate bugs and also dislike people with them too
Those bugs are nothing but real life vampires
grin grin especially killing them and seeing your blood... damn it.

5 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by EmzyT: 12:33pm On Nov 17, 2021
Attract them keh? Make one, I mean, just one follow you from street or Neighbour side enter your room first, na then you go know say nothing dey attract them

4 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by frowland(m): 12:34pm On Nov 17, 2021
Candidlady:
Never seen a bed Bug before except on tv/internet

Can I show you some in my room? cool

11 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by SafetyPlug(m): 12:35pm On Nov 17, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
My sister brought bed bug from her school one time. We had to fumigate the whole house.

Same happened to me during my Uni. days, my family hear am embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Zico777(m): 12:36pm On Nov 17, 2021
FactBoyz:
grin
What's funny here now?
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Kizzygentle: 12:36pm On Nov 17, 2021
TechNana:
Dirty bed space, and untidy home in general...

The day I made some research about this bed bug of a thing, the fact they can come into your skin and survive in your skin moving around and creating sour wounds was iterating to say the least ...

Since then? My room is always as clean as
heaven
You are not talking about bedbugs. You do not even know what u are talking about

2 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by 3RNEST(m): 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2021
Candidlady:
Never seen a bed Bug before except on tv/internet
grin grin grin are u for REAL?
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Kizzygentle: 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2021
pafo:

I just finished dealing with mine after two months. They brought the fear of God into me. How the hell they came in still remains a mystery to me.
They never leave once they have entered. If u like fumigate heaven and earth, it will only take one month max and they would return even in 2 folds.

7 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by pafo(m): 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2021
iwatchandlisten:

How did you deal with them?

Repeated use of Camphor blended inside kerosene o and I spray in every corner of my house and directly on furnitures and wall sockets(they like hiding in here). Then declutter your house. Anything not needed throw it the hell away. Doing that every three days for two weeks reduced them drastically and with repeated use, I've not seen any in over three weeks despite turning over every furniture once in a while. One can't be lazy with those bastards o.

18 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Alf137: 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2021
Dirt
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by pafo(m): 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kizzygentle:

They never leave once they have entered. If u like fumigate heaven and earth, it will only take one month max and they would return even in 2 folds.

A common misconception. If you pay good attention to their eggs and places they take refuge, and don't give them space at least once in two weeks, trust me you'll send them back whence they came from. It's very hard but it's doable. Make them pursue me for my newly built house?

11 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Zico777(m): 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
Authoreety:
So how do we get rid of them incase biko

This chinchi was a menace in our neighborhood back then in the 90s....

Children can share this thing in school like kilode... Op no add that one o
So how do we get rid of them incase biko

Sniper will do the magic!

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Romanoff(f): 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
Visitors who come with bed bugs.

I had never seen a bed bug in my life till visitors from the village brought it when they stayed with us during one Baptist convention.

Those things are stubborn to eradicate. We had to pour sniper on all our mattresses.

Their bites are also itchy.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by uniquelyspecial(m): 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
verybadmouth:
Mostly dirty visitors that have it in their homes. Nothing more.
Funny is that you might even have it in abundance in your room and you are not aware.

8 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by 3RNEST(m): 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kizzygentle:

Bedbugs no get joy oh, they don't leave easily and they spread like disease... grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Zico777(m): 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
samsard:
Dogs can bring in bed bugs.
lies!
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by verybadmouth(m): 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2021
uniquelyspecial:

Funny is that you might even have it in abundance in your room and you are not aware.
Nah. Room is squeaky clean. No signs
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by mysticwarrior(m): 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2021
Bedbugs and German cockroaches are very difficult to exterminate, mix sniper and kerosene then fumigate your house 3 times a week for two month without skipping, they will disappear.

4 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Zico777(m): 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2021
Oluwasaudy:
That thing day smell if you kill am ehn.... And once it find access to your home..if you no fumigate,you are in trouble... The rate at which they lay and and multiply go shock you ...learnt they are hermaphrodite or so....

learnt they are hermaphrodite or so....

Not true sir!

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Quiny32323: 12:46pm On Nov 17, 2021
Are we suppose to be discussing about bed bugs now or how to finish the angel of death that is supervising the wathom killings in our land.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Majesty33(m): 12:46pm On Nov 17, 2021
candidbabe:
Have never seen it in my home and will never see it.
guess u are living in Aso rock, u better pray for a visitor not to come with it because as you don't know what it is makes it more dangerous and it reproduces very fast.

2 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by anyilalaz: 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2021
My two experience : I boarded a bus to a destination in Lagos and behold I felt something moving at the back of my neck. With my hand I caught it and what I saw was a bed bug. I simple kill it with my shoe on the floor without attracting attention. I made sure as soon as I got home I pulled off all my clothings outside before I carried something into my house.

The second time, I came back from a long journey from North to Lagos and I wanted to log in a hotel around mile 2, after paying for a room and even inviting my babe then, around 10pm as we were about to start something, behold the lady felt something bit her and on closer look it was a bug,. Man, I discharged my girl that time and left the hotel for my home despite the distance to were I reside. Got home made sure my clothings and luggage didn't follow me inside.

So, more often than not bed bug either enters one's house from infested neighbors or you/someone brought it from outside unknowingly. Sometimes too through buying of used furnitures, rug, interior items for homes, offices, car etc

8 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by ademasta(m): 12:48pm On Nov 17, 2021
Crazy things

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

593 New COVID-19 Cases ,253 Discharged And 4 Deaths On August 19 - (2913 Tested) / Car Hits LAWMA Worker On Ikeja Road, Lagos / Do Not Take Medicine With Milk~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.