Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? (25625 Views)

Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? / BED BUGS! Please How Do I Get Rid Of Them / Powerful Effective Bed Bugs Killer Bait Powder To Kill Bedbugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by labelle123(f): 8:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
Zico777:

Not absolutely true sir!
The secret about winning the war against them is not to relent/relax u have to continue spraying your house repeatedly.
. You can say that again

Once you stop they come in battalion

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by gatecrash123: 9:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
Changethechain:
So what is the solution
There is this particular powder for preserving corn in a small sachet, I can't remember the name. But just Under 2 weeks the bud bugs are no more, it just dry them up. Its more effective than sniper. U can use it like that by pouring it around every corner of the house and bed or mix it with kerosene. The powder is pink in colour.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by poweredcom(m): 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
All u need is just one bed bug and the rest is history before two weeks

They can hide in any space available very bad and evil creatures

One solution to it is just to burn down the whole house and jakpa

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by shegzyzee(m): 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2021
Call us for fumigation service today

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Nmezor(f): 10:11pm On Nov 17, 2021
Those lil demons are really terrible.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Federalofficia(m): 10:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
Idun muta oko bili, idun muta oko bili
pestman:
Many people believe bed bugs love dirty conditions, and that they’re attracted by filth. This is why many people believe that sleeping in a cheap hotel is a surefire way to get bed bugs.

As it turns out, though, that’s just a common misconception.

Bed bugs are not drawn to dirt or decay. In fact, they can live in any environment, as long as they have access to the one thing they need to survive:

Blood.

Unlike mosquitoes and ticks, which are also blood-eating insects, bed bugs can’t fly or live on their hosts. Instead, they must hide near their food source and wait for a meal to become available to them.

As such, bed bugs are highly adaptable. They can live anywhere from the cushions of a sofa to the carpet of a library, as long as they can access regular blood meals.

If you have bed bugs in your apartment, that’s why!

With that in mind, here are a few main causes of bed bugs:

Purchasing used furniture and bringing it into the home. Bed bugs can enter your space via luggage, purses, backpacks, used couches, and more.

Cross-contamination in a multi-unit environment. Bed bugs can travel between rooms in apartment complexes and hotels.

Contamination from a hotel, resort, or hostel. Bed bugs may get into your clothing or luggage and come home with you.

New people staying in your home. Guests may come to stay at your home, bringing bed bugs with them without knowing.

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Giovanni93: 11:11pm On Nov 17, 2021
The cheapest and semi effective way of killing bedbugs is with Dettol, detergent and water. Just mix the three of them in a spray bottle and spray in places where you suspect them to be hiding and on their eggs.
It kills them in less than 3 seconds.

2 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Drella(m): 12:50am On Nov 18, 2021
pafo:

I just finished dealing with mine after two months. They brought the fear of God into me. How the hell they came in still remains a mystery to me.

After just two months??
How did you do it?
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Drella(m): 12:52am On Nov 18, 2021
Federalofficia:
Idun muta oko bili, idun muta oko bili

Lol
I heard the guy died shortly after the movie.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by tobamz(m): 1:59am On Nov 18, 2021
Still dealing with mine, it's so difficult cos I live in 3bed apartment. I just know I will overcome
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by enilowo(m): 4:45am On Nov 18, 2021
Go toa good pet store there a lot of good anti ticks spray. The one I use covers .y dogs for six months.
samsard:
Yeah, I think I get that now. I didn't realize they were different.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Jeffy1206(m): 1:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
khadupsie:

They seem to be rampant now. Just discovered it too. I havent had good sleep in the recent times becos I'm keeping an eye on the kids and killing as much that crawls on the bed.... the smell is AWFUL!!!!! But I discover they dont like light too. So I tend to leave the torchlight on around the kids. Can't wait for the holiday season. I will fumigate before going away..
shocked I hate that bug
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Badb0y4lyf(m): 3:06pm On Nov 18, 2021
Bedbug Aka School Boy. Unilag girls carry am to many Big boys house then in lagos.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by mimicherry: 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2021
Zico777:

I know of Sniper being very effective , I was surprised when u mentioned Kerosene.
yeah
Mix kerosene with sniper
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by mimicherry: 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
Oceanfield:

Yes, that's because they are Hermaphrodites.
no they are not
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Oceanfield: 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
mimicherry:
no they are not
You are right, Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by WarmTest3: 1:25pm On Nov 23, 2021
Follow these tips from the https://www.roomservice360.com/modern-living-room-furniture.html that make your home look great. The best quality of our designing company is that we offer our best service and design according to the requirements of our customers
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Federalofficia(m): 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
Na so we se am jare
Drella:

Lol
I heard the guy died shortly after the movie.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Twelve30(m): 10:13am On Nov 27, 2021
gatecrash123:

There is this particular powder for preserving corn in a small sachet, I can't remember the name. But just Under 2 weeks the bud bugs are no more, it just dry them up. Its more effective than sniper. U can use it like that by pouring it around every corner of the house and bed or mix it with kerosene. The powder is pink in colour.

Pinkish powder right? I know it, very effective cah I used it too. Very effective with water.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by pestman(m): 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
Contact us at PESTMAN FUMIGATION SERVICES today for effective Fumigation services.
Call 07059189619

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by mediclife1987(m): 11:38pm On Apr 07
Baba40:

There's one community in Surulere, Itire-Ikate especially Karounwi street... All the houses there are infested with bedbugs

Choi! Thank God say I no rent house for there. Surulere dirty ehn!

Land of mosquitoes. A doctor can build a mansion treating malaria there.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by mediclife1987(m): 11:39pm On Apr 07
Baba40:

Bedbug is worse and embarrassing... You may be talking to someone and the stupid insect will just crawl out of your body... lol

Hmmm dirty girl, ayama
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Exceed15: 7:50pm On Apr 08
verybadmouth:
Mostly dirty visitors that have it in their homes. Nothing more.

Exactly bro. My house is spacious and free. I don't keep what I don't need.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

593 New COVID-19 Cases ,253 Discharged And 4 Deaths On August 19 - (2913 Tested) / Car Hits LAWMA Worker On Ikeja Road, Lagos / Do Not Take Medicine With Milk~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.