Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? (25627 Views)

Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? / BED BUGS! Please How Do I Get Rid Of Them / Powerful Effective Bed Bugs Killer Bait Powder To Kill Bedbugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Zico777(m): 12:48pm On Nov 17, 2021
3RNEST:

fumigation for like 1 week straight, kerosene is the best remedy sha mixed with sniper insecticide.
Really is kerosene that effective against them?
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by MMXX: 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
Hate it with passion,very annoying disgusting blood sucking creature eeew angry

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Bellotelli: 12:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
Damn... Bed bugs nearly sent me.packing recently. Thanks to snipper, now am free but not yet 'Uhuru'.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Zico777(m): 12:52pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kizzygentle:

They never leave once they have entered. If u like fumigate heaven and earth, it will only take one month max and they would return even in 2 folds.
Not absolutely true sir!
The secret about winning the war against them is not to relent/relax u have to continue spraying your house repeatedly.

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by 3RNEST(m): 12:52pm On Nov 17, 2021
Zico777:

Really is kerosene that effective against them?
yes na...they hate the smell talkless of sniper or dd force.

2 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by fineboynl(m): 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
If they enter a new house or clean neighborhood with flats around. And new modern property It can be eradicated.

But if you reside in ghettos or face me i slap you house. And the house is inffected It can never be eradicated completely.

I repeat it can never be eradicated. It's among the senseless war.

Solution pack out leaving inffected property behind. I repeat pack out leaving infected property behind.

3 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by one4GOD(f): 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
samsard:
Dogs can bring in bed bugs.
nope!
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Ladymillion(f): 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
Blood o!

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by gidado14(m): 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
pestman:
Many people believe bed bugs love dirty conditions, and that they’re attracted by filth. This is why many people believe that sleeping in a cheap hotel is a surefire way to get bed bugs.

As it turns out, though, that’s just a common misconception.

Bed bugs are not drawn to dirt or decay. In fact, they can live in any environment, as long as they have access to the one thing they need to survive:

Blood.

Unlike mosquitoes and ticks, which are also blood-eating insects, bed bugs can’t fly or live on their hosts. Instead, they must hide near their food source and wait for a meal to become available to them.

As such, bed bugs are highly adaptable. They can live anywhere from the cushions of a sofa to the carpet of a library, as long as they can access regular blood meals.

If you have bed bugs in your apartment, that’s why!

With that in mind, here are a few main causes of bed bugs:

Purchasing used furniture and bringing it into the home. Bed bugs can enter your space via luggage, purses, backpacks, used couches, and more.

Cross-contamination in a multi-unit environment. Bed bugs can travel between rooms in apartment complexes and hotels.

Contamination from a hotel, resort, or hostel. Bed bugs may get into your clothing or luggage and come home with you.

New people staying in your home. Guests may come to stay at your home, bringing bed bugs with them without knowing.

wrong visitor
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Zico777(m): 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
3RNEST:

yes na...they hate the smell talkless of sniper or dd force.
I know of Sniper being very effective , I was surprised when u mentioned Kerosene.

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by yahmohy27: 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
Depot:
Having plenty load in the house is a major factor .
The moist environment is also a factor especially in places like Lagos island
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by 3RNEST(m): 12:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
Zico777:

Not absolutely true sir!
The secret about winning the war against them is not to relent/relax u have to continue spraying your house repeatedly.
Bedbugs don't go completely sir, do your research. u only kill the available ones but the chairmen dem dey hide were ur insecticide can't reach them.

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by samsard(m): 12:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
Zico777:

lies!
Have you ever had a dog? We've had two dogs in my family house and I brought one to my personal place here. I had to fumigate and angrily return the dog. Almost every dog has them in it's body unless you treat them regularly. Avoid dogs if bedbugs are a concern for you. Don't say I haven't done anything for you.

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by 3RNEST(m): 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
Zico777:

I know of Sniper being very effective , I was surprised when u mentioned Kerosene.

Bed bugs hate kerosene and it kills them instantly more than insecticides which are only mild on them. - Water kills bed bugs and so you ..

Source: http://www.felixokoli.com/life/1/post/4.html

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by samsard(m): 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
one4GOD:
nope!
Say what you know. I have had the experience at least on two occasions, not hearsay, Madam.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Iykman042(m): 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
that thing can bite the hell out of you

my dad call it CHIDERA because it is called chinchi in Igbo,but normally people give it name in disguise, like I killed one CHIDERA or chiboy or chichi today.

very dangerous... don't know BTW bedbug and mostiquito,which one is more hazardous
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Honeysweetest(f): 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
Subsea101:
I don't have bed bugs in my home... For those that do, abeg try and reduce dirt in your home, aerate the place.
has nothing to do with dirt's,you fit enter vehicle and the person sitting next to you have it,it will leave him and climb on you,you go carry it enter your home.

3 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Zico777(m): 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
Wow
3RNEST:

Bed bugs hate kerosene and it kills them instantly more than insecticides which are only mild on them. - Water kills bed bugs and so you ..

Source: http://www.felixokoli.com/life/1/post/4.html
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Honeysweetest(f): 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2021
Iykman042:

my dad call it CHIDERA because it is called chinchi in Igbo,but normally people give it name in disguise, like I killed one CHIDERA or chiboy or chichi today.

very dangerous... don't know BTW bedbug and mostiquito,which one is more hazardous
mosquito is better ooo,you won't see that evill to kill it.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Oceanfield: 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2021
larryeffizy1:
And they swiftly multiply...

Yes, that's because they are Hermaphrodites.

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Baba40(f): 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2021
pestman:
Many people believe bed bugs love dirty conditions, and that they’re attracted by filth. This is why many people believe that sleeping in a cheap hotel is a surefire way to get bed bugs.

As it turns out, though, that’s just a common misconception.

Bed bugs are not drawn to dirt or decay. In fact, they can live in any environment, as long as they have access to the one thing they need to survive:

Blood.

Unlike mosquitoes and ticks, which are also blood-eating insects, bed bugs can’t fly or live on their hosts. Instead, they must hide near their food source and wait for a meal to become available to them.

As such, bed bugs are highly adaptable. They can live anywhere from the cushions of a sofa to the carpet of a library, as long as they can access regular blood meals.

If you have bed bugs in your apartment, that’s why!

With that in mind, here are a few main causes of bed bugs:

Purchasing used furniture and bringing it into the home. Bed bugs can enter your space via luggage, purses, backpacks, used couches, and more.

Cross-contamination in a multi-unit environment. Bed bugs can travel between rooms in apartment complexes and hotels.

Contamination from a hotel, resort, or hostel. Bed bugs may get into your clothing or luggage and come home with you.

New people staying in your home. Guests may come to stay at your home, bringing bed bugs with them without knowing.

There's one community in Surulere, Itire-Ikate especially Karounwi street... All the houses there are infested with bedbugs
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Zico777(m): 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2021
samsard:
Have you ever had a dog? We've had two dogs in my family house and I brought one to my personal place here. I had to fumigate and angrily return the dog. Almost every dog has them in it's body unless you treat them regularly. Avoid dogs if bedbugs are a concern for you. Don't say I haven't done anything for you.

Not had! I have presently.
Infact she sleeps on the bed with us.
U are actually mistaken bedbugs for ticks o!

2 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Honeysweetest(f): 1:10pm On Nov 17, 2021
At a time,I started talking to God about it,yes,that's how addicted I am to talking to God about everything, the evil bugs dissapeared, I used kerosene,camfor,strong insect killer,I spent money and time,I kept cleaning,taking away Old furniture,hmmmmm.
It all dissapeared.

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by bigcee(m): 1:10pm On Nov 17, 2021
Take your bed outside in the sun at least every weekend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Baba40(f): 1:12pm On Nov 17, 2021
Iykman042:

Bedbug is worse and embarrassing... You may be talking to someone and the stupid insect will just crawl out of your body... lol

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by descarado: 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kizzygentle:

They never leave once they have entered. If u like fumigate heaven and earth, it will only take one month max and they would return even in 2 folds.
That thing defies all treatments cheesy
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Iykman042(m): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
solution1-hot water
solution2-kerosine.
solution3.insecticide or sniper
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by joinnow: 1:19pm On Nov 17, 2021
During relocation. You do waybillsof of your property. 9ja big transport company are careless. They will dump your property careless and even some of their waybill staff go dey use your foam, furniture etc cruise especially those tort that sleep at their office
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by joinnow: 1:22pm On Nov 17, 2021
During relocation. You do waybillsof of your property. 9ja big transport company are careless. They will dump your property careless and even some of their waybill staff go dey use your foam, furniture etc cruise especially those tort that sleep at their office.

Even taxis you enter you can collect it unknowingly
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by elpochas: 1:23pm On Nov 17, 2021
samsard:
Those are Ticks and nt Bedbug.

3 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Iykman042(m): 1:23pm On Nov 17, 2021
Baba40:

Bedbug is worse and embarrassing... You may be talking to someone and the stupid insect will just crawl out of your body... lol

very true,even they go dey bite u inside ur cloth,all over ur body while inside in a moving car,

if they enter ur two balls,you fit use your own hand to scratch off the balls

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by kalvoken(m): 1:28pm On Nov 17, 2021
Authoreety:
So how do we get rid of them incase biko

This chinchi was a menace in our neighborhood back then in the 90s....

Children can share this thing in school like kilode... Op no add that one o

Like the op stated, they can survive multiply in your home for as long as they have STEADY ACCESS TO THEIR ONLY FOOD WHICH IS BLOOD. So to get rid of them, just travel for a couple of months and they will perish naturally.

Try this and you can't stop thanking me.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

593 New COVID-19 Cases ,253 Discharged And 4 Deaths On August 19 - (2913 Tested) / Car Hits LAWMA Worker On Ikeja Road, Lagos / Do Not Take Medicine With Milk~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.