Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? (25624 Views)

Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? / BED BUGS! Please How Do I Get Rid Of Them / Powerful Effective Bed Bugs Killer Bait Powder To Kill Bedbugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Drogunov: 1:30pm On Nov 17, 2021
pestman:
Many people believe bed bugs love dirty conditions, and that they’re attracted by filth. This is why many people believe that sleeping in a cheap hotel is a surefire way to get bed bugs.

As it turns out, though, that’s just a common misconception.

Bed bugs are not drawn to dirt or decay. In fact, they can live in any environment, as long as they have access to the one thing they need to survive:

Blood.

Unlike mosquitoes and ticks, which are also blood-eating insects, bed bugs can’t fly or live on their hosts. Instead, they must hide near their food source and wait for a meal to become available to them.

As such, bed bugs are highly adaptable. They can live anywhere from the cushions of a sofa to the carpet of a library, as long as they can access regular blood meals.

If you have bed bugs in your apartment, that’s why!

With that in mind, here are a few main causes of bed bugs:

Purchasing used furniture and bringing it into the home. Bed bugs can enter your space via luggage, purses, backpacks, used couches, and more.

Cross-contamination in a multi-unit environment. Bed bugs can travel between rooms in apartment complexes and hotels.

Contamination from a hotel, resort, or hostel. Bed bugs may get into your clothing or luggage and come home with you.

New people staying in your home. Guests may come to stay at your home, bringing bed bugs with them without knowing.

Ticks don't fly niggah!
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by FineUsername(m): 1:31pm On Nov 17, 2021
pafo:

I just finished dealing with mine after two months. They brought the fear of God into me. How the hell they came in still remains a mystery to me.

From a friend’s house probably. cheesy
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Authoreety: 1:39pm On Nov 17, 2021
kalvoken:

Like the op stated, they can survive multiply in your home for as long as they have STEADYACCESSTO THEIR ONLY FOOD WHICH IS BLOOD. So to get rid of them, just travel for a couple of months and they will perish naturally.

Try this and you can't stop thanking me.

LOL... Thank you... Meanwhile,i don't even think it's still a menace this days
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Candidlady: 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2021
3RNEST:
grin grin grin are u for REAL?
for true!
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Candidlady: 1:45pm On Nov 17, 2021
frowland:

Can I show you some in my room? cool
this your meme obviously it is more than just bedbug am coming to see.
thank you i'l pass

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by kalvoken(m): 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
Authoreety:

LOL... Thank you... Meanwhile,i don't even think it's still a menace this days

Lol, you better do. Did saw it running relay on a man's cloth inside church. Was so confused on whether to tell him ( he will feel embarrassed as others might see him while struggling) or just let him be (other people might as well see it but at least he won't know that anyone did)

I had to let the thing continue cruising all over his body.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Authoreety: 2:04pm On Nov 17, 2021
kalvoken:

Lol, you better do. Did saw it running relay on a man's cloth inside church. Was so confused on whether to tell him ( he will feel embarrassed as others might see him while struggling) or just let him be (other people might as well see it but at least he won't know that anyone did)

I had to let the thing continue cruising all over his body.

Come and make heaven Lemme see

3 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Ladymillion(f): 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2021
Very terrible and annoying insect, with horrible smell when killed.Its common in boarding houses especially secondary school days, it can live without blood for 7months and multiplies like kilode

2 Likes

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Ladymillion(f): 2:26pm On Nov 17, 2021
Very terrible and annoying insect, with horrible smell when killed.Its common in boarding houses especially secondary school days, it can live without blood for 7months and multiplies like kilode.

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Jeffy1206(m): 2:42pm On Nov 17, 2021
Do bed bugs still exist... I last seen one in 25 years grin
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by mailemy(m): 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2021
Just pray you don't bring on one to your house. It keeps multiplying and extremely difficult to eliminate from the house.
SmartPolician:
I don't know about others, but I cannot blame people who associate bedbugs with dirtiness because I have never seen them in a clean environment
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Joetttimua1811(m): 2:45pm On Nov 17, 2021
That shit can frustrate person Sha....
I remembered 2012 when I came back from Sudan mhen that shit overtook my house, I burnt all my bedsheets, pillow case, even towel, pillow, in fact I stopped using my mattress and was sleeping in the palour on the floor..... Gentlemen and ladies these shits will still follow me to the floor as in I was frustrated but I won at the end....

1 Like

Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by mailemy(m): 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2021
Blood attracts them and they don't fly to your home but can easily infect your home through movement of clothes, luggage, used furniture and even persons and etc.
grandstar:
I don't know what attracts bedbugs to your home but I know what effectively gets rid of them: SNIPER!

I give it 10 stars
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Subsea101: 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
grin grin grin

pafo:

I pity you. Let one just follow you inside your house, you'll have the fear of God straight up
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Cocoafera(m): 3:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
Side chicks
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by khadupsie(f): 4:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
Jeffy1206:
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Valuc: 4:03pm On Nov 17, 2021
That thing still dey exist? Make una dey keep snipper for house... The fear of snipper..
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by khadupsie(f): 4:04pm On Nov 17, 2021
Jeffy1206:

They seem to be rampant now. Just discovered it too. I havent had good sleep in the recent times becos I'm keeping an eye on the kids and killing as much that crawls on the bed.... the smell is AWFUL!!!!! But I discover they dont like light too. So I tend to leave the torchlight on around the kids. Can't wait for the holiday season. I will fumigate before going away..
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by chukkysnow: 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
Changethechain:
So what is the solution
fumigation with bedbug chemicals ofcourse.an anti bedbugs
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by AmuRubber(m): 5:08pm On Nov 17, 2021
TechNana:
The day I made some research about this bed bug of a thing, the fact they can come into your skin and survive in your skin moving around and creating sour wounds was iterating to say the least ...

You might be referring to the human itch mite, which is a microscopic bug that can actually burrow and live beneath the human skin, thereby causing intense itching. The female itch mite burrows through the human skin, where they can live and lay eggs for weeks undetected.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by grandstar(m): 5:29pm On Nov 17, 2021
mailemy:
Blood attracts them and they don't fly to your home but can easily infect your home through movement of clothes, luggage, used furniture and even persons and etc.

Thanks 4 this info. I have a thorough hatred of them.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Hkff: 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ok
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Dreadlock69(m): 6:22pm On Nov 17, 2021
Those bastard came make you run mad every 11-12am in the morning making you see hell

If God is good if there's is light on fan the highest then you can sleep well

My younger ones brought it from our neighbor like if you see their body in the morning I wonder if dey don't feel the bite
Anyway it took the intervention of my mother to fumigate the house
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by InoGetJoy: 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2021
verybadmouth:
Nah. Room is squeaky clean. No signs
Bedbugs aren't attracted by dirt. They can live and thrive in both dirty and clean places. Just pray that someone doesn't mistakenly bring 1 bedbug into your home, you go hear am
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by vicfajeze: 6:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
candidbabe:
Have never seen it in my home and will never see it.
Don't just worry,am coming to visit your home with Idun
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by InoGetJoy: 6:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
samsard:
Have you ever had a dog? We've had two dogs in my family house and I brought one to my personal place here. I had to fumigate and angrily return the dog. Almost every dog has them in it's body unless you treat them regularly. Avoid dogs if bedbugs are a concern for you. Don't say I haven't done anything for you.
Dogs carry fleas and ticks, not bedbugs
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by samsard(m): 6:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
InoGetJoy:

Dogs carry fleas and ticks, not bedbugs
Yeah, I think I get that now. I didn't realize they were different.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by daytona007: 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
Lol... Those things are hoodlums. I remember them infesting our home back in early 2000s. My mum had to use insecticide back to back to back to back to back.
These days, if my mum hear that you have bedbug in your house, she doesn't even take it lightly. She won't let you access to the house. Omo, I remember how she struggled to get rid of them.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Peace1993: 7:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
pestman:
Many people believe bed bugs love dirty conditions, and that they’re attracted by filth. This is why many people believe that sleeping in a cheap hotel is a surefire way to get bed bugs.

As it turns out, though, that’s just a common misconception.

Bed bugs are not drawn to dirt or decay. In fact, they can live in any environment, as long as they have access to the one thing they need to survive:

Blood.

Unlike mosquitoes and ticks, which are also blood-eating insects, bed bugs can’t fly or live on their hosts. Instead, they must hide near their food source and wait for a meal to become available to them.

As such, bed bugs are highly adaptable. They can live anywhere from the cushions of a sofa to the carpet of a library, as long as they can access regular blood meals.

If you have bed bugs in your apartment, that’s why!

With that in mind, here are a few main causes of bed bugs:

Purchasing used furniture and bringing it into the home. Bed bugs can enter your space via luggage, purses, backpacks, used couches, and more.

Cross-contamination in a multi-unit environment. Bed bugs can travel between rooms in apartment complexes and hotels.

Contamination from a hotel, resort, or hostel. Bed bugs may get into your clothing or luggage and come home with you.

New people staying in your home. Guests may come to stay at your home, bringing bed bugs with them without knowing.

These disgusting insects visited while i was in Uni. And one thing be say I find food irritating seeing them. Long story short na me conquer dem. Who dy breet when sniper and kerosene dy(just mix the two together)
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by dwana91(m): 7:52pm On Nov 17, 2021
To get rid DD FORCE use alone, but be careful when using it.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by Kooldame: 8:36pm On Nov 17, 2021
After fumigation they can disappear for six months and reappear again the only way to get rid of it is continuous fumigation then replacement of all infected furniture then relocate to another apartment. If you can't relocate then go for vacation with ur family for some months.
Re: What Attracts Bed Bugs To Your Home? by labelle123(f): 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2021
mysticwarrior:
Bedbugs and German cockroaches are very difficult to exterminate, mix sniper and kerosene then fumigate your house 3 times a week for two month without skipping, they will disappear.
. By German cockroach you mean those tiny ones?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nurse Pulls Off Baby’s Hand During Delivery In Ikorodu / 593 New COVID-19 Cases ,253 Discharged And 4 Deaths On August 19 - (2913 Tested) / Car Hits LAWMA Worker On Ikeja Road, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.