Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 (45221 Views)

NAN Returns New Innoson Bus, Says It’s Faulty And Second Time / If Obi Is Your First Choice, Ada Is Our Second Choice, North Mocks South / APC Crisis: Why I Made Sure Saraki Became Senate President In 2015 – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by okpanachil: 9:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
mapet:

Peter Obi is not rated, over rated and cannot deliver votes beyond SE. Even at that, his SE stronghold is not strong any more

You see, this is the problem. How does the rating come about,is it not via acceptability and how does acceptability come,is it not by assessment of capability based on previous performances and records,or would you rather rally round and support another thief and nepotistic dictator just because the thief is popular?

In other words you will support an incompetent but popular candidate all because of his popularity.
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Indispensable85(m): 9:49pm On Nov 18, 2021
abhosts:
The next presidential general election is just 15 months away. Who are your First and Second Choice for President?

Here are my Picks:

First Choice: Akinwumi Adesina

Second Choice: Udom Emmanuel

1.....prof osibanjo
2.....peter obi
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by maryalloy(f): 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ngozi

Akinwumi
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by emmyluizzz: 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
buhari for 3rd term

wike vice if he joins apc
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
dmedicare:
I wish as youths we can forget all these old me and go for our fellow youths but alas we are not done suffering.

My best option will be
President: Activist Harrison Gwamnishu
Vice president: Mr Macaroni

Thanks
you can make it happen
Only with the right strategy
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Coolgent(m): 10:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
1. Tambuwal
2. Wike
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Gregg2021: 10:24pm On Nov 18, 2021
SmartGadgetz:
Starboy grin Osibanjo for president and zulum as vice president.

He is the savior we seek for in Nigeria not atiku or saraki dem be hipocrites.
must of your kind are the reason why Nigeria is bad like this. What good has that your saviour done since this past 6 years of suffering if not to buy vote? Nigerians can never learn
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by ArewaNorth: 10:28pm On Nov 18, 2021
APCNig:

Arakunrin Akeredoku is Fearless. he will tame the blood sucking Fulani herdsmen in few weeks. If one Security Chief does not perform, he will sack the idiot. If the next one proves to be another idiot, Akeredolu will sack him also. He will continue appointing and firing until he gets a serious person that can do the job.
Your assertion sounds nonsensical. Akeredolu can't in anyway be as fearless as OBJ or PMB and this didn't stop their appointees from playing them. Nigerian politics is too complex and too big for someone who is struggling to manage just a single state's resources well.
Supporting Rotimic for being ethnic bigot doesn't make u different from other ethno-religious idiots in Nigeria, very pathetic. I have been spotting guys who likes Rotimi on Nairaland just because of his ethnic bigotry not because of performance, ur comment has shown that u don't have the right to challenge the actions and choice of PMB!
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by largeman4u(m): 10:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
1. PYO ( pastor Yemi Oainbajo )
2. Nuhu Ribadu or Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by CharleyBright(m): 10:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
mapet:

When you're daft, it's a struggle at basic reasoning...
Dumbo, did you not see my choice on this same thread?

What is my business following to know what you choose?
What is my business with u in the first place?
Would I have even noticed you exist if u hadn't quote me to spew thrash?
Scallywag.
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Abohboy: 10:51pm On Nov 18, 2021
RolexOfGeneva:

Are you sure you've not smoked something?
Lagos GDP is 88 billion dollars, Johannesburg's GDP is an incredible 250 billion- almost three times Lagos'.
The way you guys hype this Lagos is becoming so disgusting. If you ever get to visit Jo'burg, you'll never mention that City in the same sentence with Lagos.

That's my point actually try to read, i'm saying Lagos doesn't compare to those cities
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Abohboy: 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
Deborah98:
Stop being delusional in your thinking. He just takes the lead and all we need to is follow. He doesn't need your human and deluded mindset.
So you just want him to lead? With no understanding of geopolitics, economics or anything that will actually progress the country just blood of jesus and faith abi? It is your set of hyper religious people that have held this country and continent back
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Ryan14(m): 10:54pm On Nov 18, 2021
tutudesz:

Udom Emmanuel performance is out of this world, his Government is all about capital project and such project is already turning Akwa Ibom to a investment destination undecided
Wike would be my second choice, he can deal with anybody regardless of your personal relationship with him. That what we need now

Peter Obi

Udom Emmanuel
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Kdon2: 10:56pm On Nov 18, 2021
BigSarah:
Buhari 3rd term

El-rufai or ganduje or Yahaya bello or Bagudu Atiku or Bala Mohammed

Insha Allah

Sick person
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Wchris(m): 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2021
alanto:
For me. Na Tinubu o
Not because of tribe or anything and if na religion I’m a Christian but when I look at Lagos compared to other states in Nigeria. I wish he can place that Midas touch on Nigeria. We need to better the economy. Everybody can not be running to Lagos. I mean imagine if Tinubu didn’t plan Lagos?
I rest my case.

Modified: Everyone is supposed to mention their choice but I have over 40 mentions for saying my own is Tinubu. I can’t reply all of you Tinubu haters today we meet another day.
By the way why are you all singing the same song today. I never hear so much people disagree on Tinubu’s touch on Lagos or his ability to govern.
E be like na the new update from una last meeting?

You are just so foolish
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Kdon2: 11:00pm On Nov 18, 2021
SmartGadgetz:
Starboy grin Osibanjo for president and zulum as vice president.

He is the savior we seek for in Nigeria not atiku or saraki dem be hipocrites.

Osinbajo/zulum ll do well for nigeria. They are a very good mix
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Kdon2: 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2021
thundafire:
let other state port begin to work effectively as Lagos in 20years let's see if rapid development wouldn't be found too and over reliance on Lagos port will stop. Nigeria have only one working port and others are idle because the Yorubas want to be more developed than other regions and frustrate any effort to develop other ports.

Illiteracy ll not kill some people here!

1 Like

Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Kdon2: 11:04pm On Nov 18, 2021
xamodans:
I disagree with you sir/ma.
Even if an imbescile becomes a governor in lagos, he will definitely perform, cause there has been a structure on ground to follow, and Tinubu wasn't the structural creator, he only uses his long
term power and position. There are elites and men of silence but structurally they set up Lagos State....

quotelanto post=107735665]For me. Na Tinubu o
Not because of tribe or anything and if na religion I’m a Christian but when I look at Lagos compared to other states in Nigeria. I wish he can place that Midas touch on Nigeria. We need to better the economy. Everybody can not be running to Lagos. I mean imagine if Tinubu didn’t plan Lagos?
I rest my case.

Another illiterate on the loose. Jealousy go kill una!

1 Like

Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Kdon2: 11:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
leokid866:

LAGOS does not earn any money from the ports it all goes straight to federal account....please stop using the ports as an excuse....if we develop ports in other regions name still the same federal government go chop...ports are on the exclusive list....please understand this and have peace.

Don't mind the dimwits!

1 Like

Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Kdon2: 11:08pm On Nov 18, 2021
ginggerxy:
guy stop that nonsense you're saying there about Lagos and Tinubu did this and that . Lagos has no reason to be like any other state in Nigeria as one time capital of Nigeria you don't expect Lagos to be like any other state in Nigeria abs it's not about Tinubu . Lagos is also the commercial capital of Nigeria and Tinubu didn't do that , the head quarter of every company is in Lagos Tinubu didn't do that . Lagos has the most investment by Federal government

Very embittered

1 Like

Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Kdon2: 11:11pm On Nov 18, 2021
okpanachil:

You see, this is the problem. How does the rating come about,is it not via acceptability and how does acceptability come,is it not by assessment of capability based on previous performances and records,or would you rather rally round and support another thief and nepotistic dictator just because the thief is popular?

In other words you will support an incompetent but popular candidate all because of his popularity.

That's called politics.

1 Like

Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Kdon2: 11:13pm On Nov 18, 2021
ArewaNorth:

Your assertion sounds nonsensical. Akeredolu can't in anyway be as fearless as OBJ or PMB and this didn't stop their appointees from playing them. Nigerian politics is too complex and too big for someone who is struggling to manage just a single state's resources well.
Supporting Rotimic for being ethnic bigot doesn't make u different from other ethno-religious idiots in Nigeria, very pathetic. I have been spotting guys who likes Rotimi on Nairaland just because of his ethnic bigotry not because of performance, ur comment has shown that u don't have the right to challenge the actions and choice of PMB!

Pmb is not fearless, he is just clueless.

1 Like

Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 19, 2021
1st Choice: Sowore
2nd Choice: Sowore
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by godofuck231: 1:07am On Nov 19, 2021
Saraki bukola - president
Josephine iyom Anenih- vice
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by LegendHero(m): 3:19am On Nov 19, 2021
1st choice- Babatunde Fashola
2nd choice- Asiwaju Jagaban

1 Like

Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by okpanachil: 3:40am On Nov 19, 2021
Kdon2:

That's called politics.

And that is why the country is where and how it is.

I think the question many of us should ask ourselves is this, if Nigeria were a company and we were shareholders and stakeholders, would we recommend any of these people were are rooting for to take up the job of the CEO of that company.

The answer is obvious I think But because we dont feel the same about the Nigerian project we seek personal/ethnic interests over capacity,capabillty and competence.

2023 is decision time else Nigeria goes the way of Zimbabwe.
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by okpanachil: 4:18am On Nov 19, 2021
Viltron:

Is Peter obi not an ex convict,?

Na you convict am?
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by okpanachil: 4:23am On Nov 19, 2021
SavageResponse:

If you were Osinbajo would you agree to do 16 consecutive years as vice president to two different presidents/!

Go back and read the question from the OP,he didnt request for candidate and running mate rather options 1 and 2
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by okpanachil: 4:34am On Nov 19, 2021
perambulator:

The problem of Nigeria is this:

I am state A, I have numerous untapped resources in my state but I have no power over it, any investor that wants to mine goes to the Federal govt to license, when he makes money, the mining and corporate taxes go to the federal govt, so i have little incentive to welcome such large scale miners to my state, so usually all the grnd schemes by the fed gov fail because there is no buy-in at the state level because there is little incentive.

I am state B, I have plenty of farm land, A large agric company needs 10,000 ha for mechanised farming. As the governor i have no incentive to give him the land because 1) mechanised farming does not employ many people, 2) the company profits are taxed by the federal govt. So if i give land for mechanised farming does serve any purpose for my state, I would rather give 10,000 poor people 1 hectare each to farm, at least I go a little way to provide employment. The problem with this is that we produce uncompetitive agric products both on the local market and for export. So we keep talking about agric especially at the federal level but nothing ever really comes of it.

I am state C: Somebody is causing problems in my state, I cannot do anything because I have no control over the police. it reduces my ability to attract investors if i have no real control over security in my state.

I can go on and on. these are constitutional problems.

Osinbajo, Emmanuel, Obi, Tinubu and all the other names you mention cannot solve these problems and if they cannot, nothing changes!!!

instead of Nigerians looking to personalities, look for issues. IMHO the issue facing Nigeria today is the constitution.

Only an enlightened, intelligent and visionary Northerner with stature can change our constitution. Thats why I said El-Rufai because I know he knows that Nigeria needs to change the constitution. Bottom line is any president that has no intention of changing the constitution or hasnt got the stature to do it is just a waste of time. it doesnt have to be Elrufai it could be anyone else.

Every thing you said is true but for your choice of El-rufai. He is a very cunny man and cannot be trusted. PMB came in shouting restructuring and corruption, look the support he got nut when he came in his language changed. El rufai is the Pro max version of Buhari and what is more dangerous,he is more intelligent and woke which is a dangerous mix with deception and been cunny.

What has been his contribution/position on the farmers/herders clashes, until recently,what was his position on banditry?

El rufai would never drive a constitutional review at least not in the way the south desires it.
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Johel(m): 5:51am On Nov 19, 2021
abhosts:
The next presidential general election is just 15 months away. Who are your First and Second Choice for President?

Here are my Picks:

First Choice: Akinwumi Adesina

Second Choice: Udom Emmanuel

Donald Duke or no one else
Re: Your First And Second Choice For President In 2023 by Jeffy1206(m): 6:32am On Nov 19, 2021
My choices no go smell am so make I kip kwaet cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Photos Of A Local Police Station In Kaduna That Have Gone Viral / President Jonathan In Germany (Photo) / Benue: Soldiers Storm Catholic Church, Priest’s House In Search Of Weapons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.