Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,208 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) (1850 Views)

Nigerian Man Shares Photos Of Himself Helping His Fiancé Loosen Her Hair / Check Beautiful Pre-wedding Photos Of An Air Force Personnel And His Fiancé / Oliora Kelechi Kella: "I Came Into IMSU Alone But Graduated With A Husband" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by damilola4162(m): 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2021
Intending couple (Emmanuel Stephen Sunday and Adesibikan Ademidun Adeola) graduated with Distinction from University of ilorin @36th convocation.

What caption can you give this your romantic remarkable feat?

Well, we can say this is a Distinction academic feat impregnated in biopolymer of love feast….

What do we mean by that?

We started our relationship journey since year 1 of our master's degree program and we finished together with distinction from the Department of Industrial Chemistry of the better by far University. You know Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry is one of the departments people fear most in the faculty of physical sciences because they are somehow tough than normal, but still, we finished with a CGPA of 4.51/5 and 4.60/5.

When did you meet and how did you start your relationship?

This is a long story though, we both finished our undergraduate degree from the University of Ilorin, department of industrial chemistry, however, we can not remember we greeting or talking for once due to the avalanche number of students. But when we came back for the masters program in 2018, we quickly got acquainted with each other because we of course finished from the same school and the same year. We got closer with time and also with some other friends like Olumide and Damilola. As we spent time with each other, praying, reading and doing a few other activities together, I perceived that she’s meant to be my wife. I engaged God in prayer about it, and when I got the confirmation, I asked her to pray about the matter along with some respectful spiritual colleagues. At the end of the day, God confirmed the same thing through them to her. That’s how we got engaged to each other on August 26th in 2018 when I proposed.

While in school, how did you plan that both of you made distinction?

We both had a goal of finishing with distinction even before we fell in love with each other.
Ademidun: I wrote my goal of getting 85% my mirror, so that any time I was standing in front of it , I would always see the target and be reminded.

Stephen: I wrote my goal of not getting anything less than an A grade (including the exact mark of the A grade I wanted in each course) at the back of my note, so that any time I opened the note in class or at home to read, I would always be motivated by the score I’m seeing.

The thing is “Any vision/goal you can’t visualize, you might not be able to achieve it”. Then when we met, we just mixed the monomers of our goals together and it gave us polymer of Distinctions.

What was your motivation?

Uhmmmm…we are a self-motivated intending couple and we are also motivated by two of our mentors (Dr. A. A. Adeleke of landmark University and Dr. O. D. Saliu of our department) who have also finished their MSc. with distinction from the same university years before us. Mr. Oyetola Emmanuel of ACU and Onaolapo Femi of Unilag can not be left out too. Also, we are someone who does not believe in saying: ‘Academics or school is a scam', because we believe one day it will pay off and, we like putting our best in whatever we are doing to get the best from it.

What was the experience like? how can you describe it?

Well, we can say this is a Distinction academic feat impregnated in biopolymer of love feast.
Sincerely, we can say having your lover as a reading partner is like a memory-booster or reading injection. We set pace on what to cover quickly and question each other on what we have read together or individually, not as competitors, but as goal getters. And that is the funniest part because if one can not answer it exactly the way it is inside our note or material, we will laugh at the party together in the spirit of love and continue.

What were the challenges?

Uhmmmmm… some times, we had little misunderstandings and we still had to read, the flow in the reading would not be exactly the way it used to be but the grace to settle abounds.

Also, we were both working as Chemistry tutors to augment what our respective parents/sponsors could send to us as things not easy.

In addition, managing leadership position together with the goal is not that easy, because I was the President of the Postgraduate Christian Forum, and faculty of physical sciences athlete, while she was the sister leader of her church(STC).

Would say you people made any sacrifice, during the period?

Diligence and consistency was our raw sacrifice during the period, which we believe anybody that wants to achieve such a feat must be ready to make. We are someone that can read at any time of the day, whether at home or in school, or even in the vehicle. We will start reading from the beginning of the semester, and it is either we are ahead of the lecturer in our reading or we are on the same page. Although, once the semester is half way, we press nitro of everyday night reading/class. Although, we can not say we read too much, however, once we seat down like this, we read to saturation, and that’s probably around a minimum of 4 hours to 6 hours per sitting and we can do that twice a day (morning and night) at times. We have a reading timetable and at the same time, we read according to the nature of the course we have, whether bulkier or lighter, whether it involves memorizing or calculation. We sleep together in the lab working on our project all night including Sundays, despite having different supervisors.

What lesson do you think people can learn from your experience.?

Number one, being in a relationship is not an hindrance or setback to first-class academic feat as well a having a good relationship with God. Number two studying with the right lover is like a memory booster injection. And lastly, never give up or believe something is impossible. Don’t use your little beginning to judge the end of a thing instead adjust and readjust until you get to the finish line. Even though we had a bit of a rough start, we still never gave up.

Generally, people particularly parent and guardian detest couple life in school, particularly because of the immoral aspect of it,what's your reaction as an intending couple?
Yes, parents and guardians detest intending couple in courtship staying together in one room/apartment like a married couple as this will inevitably incite those immoral acts or premarital sex. But, quote and unquote, being in a relationship is not an hindrance or setback to first-class academic success as many think. And as we said earlier, reading/ studying with the right lover is like a memory booster injection. So, if you are mature mentally enough to be in a relationship and God's hand is in it, all you need is to just have a goal, be diligent, consistent, and be prayerful. With that, anything is achievable.

With your experience, would you like to recommend couple life even at Degree and HND levels ?

Well, since we were not leaving together as a couple, we can’t recommend couples life, because this is against our faith as potential Christian couple. Also, because of some inevitable immoral acts, and pre martial sex, it is not advisable. As these acts and its consequences might let the intending couple lose focus on the main goal if care is not taken.
However, during our master’s degree program, we read together all day and night in the same lab, same class and same room, most especially during the exam time and our project time. Although, we both have our individual hostels which is just a stone throw from each other, and also make conscious efforts to stay within the boundaries while taking the advantage of the close distance.

Will you people marry each other? If so, when are you people planning to get married?..

Capital YES! Because as we introduced ourselves earlier, we are intending couple and this courtship started with the intention of marrying each other right from inception. Well, we don’t want to disclose the wedding year for now, but we are already planning and it is close.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/intending-couple-stephen-and-ademidun-who-graduated-with-distinction-grade-in-masters-from-unilorin-at-36th-convocation-ceremony-explain-ordeals/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by chatinent: 1:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
Distinction, Unilorin?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by Ussycool: 1:28pm On Nov 18, 2021
Congratz
I am happy for them, I would like to hammer distinction in my next programm. So help me God (amen).

Strong bond bind them for real.

Remember, school is not a scam.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by damilola4162(m): 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
Congratulations to them!!!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by Deborah98(f): 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
Omo this one loud... Congrats to them.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by Kuriosmynd: 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2021
The girl no fine now.
Guy deserve a more beautiful gal..forget the distinction... Distinction for a woman is superfluous
Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by damilola4162(m): 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2021
Kuriosmynd:
The girl no fine now.
Guy deserve a more beautiful gal..forget the distinction... Distinction for a woman is superfluous
grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by Bola146(f): 1:54pm On Nov 18, 2021
Guys with sense, congratulations to you both. Thank God for your lives, I pray for more success ahead of you.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by damilola4162(m): 1:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
Bola146:
Guys with sense, congratulations to you both. Thank God for your lives, I pray for more success ahead of you.
Amen

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by Insidenaija: 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
congrat

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
Kuriosmynd:
The girl no fine now.

Men openly prioritise goodlooks... Complain when women prioritise financial stability...

The lady is gorgeous! And extremely brilliant.. more so than you obviously!

Dazzle us with your degree... undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by DaniDani(m): 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2021
Kuriosmynd:
The girl no fine now.

Please if you are here, Emmanuel Stephen Sunday, please ignore this post. The owner of this comment won't hesitate to wife your partner. You made a very good choice in her. What you need to check very well is; 1. Her family background, 2. How she responds when she's angry, 3. If she have sound moral and not extremely selfish, 4. Sexual compatibility and other compatibilities, 5. If she loves you more than other male acquaintances, and if you are ready with the backing of your parents go ahead and marry.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by dieavirgin(m): 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
Their problem.
Hope they are not shaggin sha
Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by OloshoMan: 3:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
Hot sex tonight for a hot graduation
Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by ashewoboy(m): 3:20pm On Nov 18, 2021
they look holycheesy. they have not started shagging.

if you don't phvck her, another guy will.
Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by debbydams(f): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
Kuriosmynd:
The girl no fine now.
yeye
Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by damilola4162(m): 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
DaniDani:

Please if you are here, Emmanuel Stephen Sunday, please ignore this post. The owner of this comment won't hesitate to wife your partner. You made a very good choice in her. What you need to check very well is; 1. Her family background, 2. How she responds when she's angry, 3. If she have sound moral and not extremely selfish, 4. Sexual compatibility and other compatibilities, 5. If she loves you more than other male acquaintances, and if you are ready with the backing of your parents go ahead and marry.

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by Lilsameey: 3:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
Congratulations ooo

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by AoifeNightfall: 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2021
lkillbrokehoes this could be you and Iyaebe but you no know book and you dey form hard man.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by damilola4162(m): 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
AoifeNightfall:
lkillbrokehoes this could be you and Iyaebe but you no know book and you dey form hard man.
grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by Cerebellum: 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
dieavirgin:
Their problem.
Hope they are not shaggin sha

You'll obviously die a virgingrin
Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by Cerebellum: 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
AoifeNightfall:

Hahahagrin
The two of them go collect distinction for beer palour

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by dieavirgin(m): 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2021
Cerebellum:

You'll obviously die a virgingrin
no doubt bro,,, swearsss
Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by Guyman02: 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2021
Las Las a core Northerner with 3rd class go first them get job for a juicy government parastatal even with their first class combined as one.
Congratulations to them
Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
Go make money, else your masters will be useless, knowledge acquired that can't transform into money is just suwe game, goan transform it into money making avenue, that's the koko
Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
Guyman02:
Las Las a core Northerner with 3rd class go first them get job for a juicy government parastatal even with their first class combined as one.
Congratulations to them

Some people are with the first class certificate but they are not really sound, it's not really about the certificate, it's about you and what's in you

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by NarcissistKing(m): 10:54pm On Nov 18, 2021
Kuriosmynd:
The girl no fine now.

grin grin grin grin grin

Beauty is necessary!
Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by NarcissistKing(m): 10:56pm On Nov 18, 2021
dieavirgin:
no doubt bro,,, swearsss

Mad man. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by NarcissistKing(m): 10:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
DaniDani:

undecided

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander & His Fiancé Graduated With Masters Distinction from Unilorin(pix) by HayTerran: 9:29am On Nov 19, 2021
sad
Congrats to them. Two adults with their goals. Similar interests are apparent too. It's fine.

If they have five children, these will be named Charles, Boyle, Milikan, Le Chattelier, and Curie.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Special To Have **x With A Virgin? / Hw Will U Feel When Ur Best Friend Dates Ur Ex. / Why Do The Good Girls Fall For The Bad Guyz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.