Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,892 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy (41675 Views)

What Buhari Told Amaechi, Igbo Leaders About Nnamdi Kanu’s Release – Adesina / What Is The Quality Of The Leaders Your State Is Electing? / Southwest On Standby As Igbo Leaders Protest Obi’s Choice As Atiku Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by AnanseK(m): 9:27pm On Nov 19, 2021
TUTU147:
He will prefer you kill him than doing that,MNK mean business.
His preferences will be respected.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by Coolgent(m): 9:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
So Igbos has elders shocked
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by FamTomx2(m): 10:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
AtikuNetwork:
Kanu's release must be predicated on very stiff conditions. First, he must publicly renounce his Biafra agitation and express full and unwavering commitment to Nigeria's unity. He must be made to recite the Nigerian national anthem and pledge of allegiance on national television, and willingly join politics like normal people do. Either that or he should be allowed to rot in prison while his trial keeps getting endlessly postponed. The truth is, if his trial is allowed to continue, he would most likely be sentenced to death. No two ways about it. He'll be executed and heaven will not fall, except for maybe some unrest in the SouthEast which would abate after sometime. I'm sure the igbo leaders are aware of this hence their meeting with the FG.

Trash bin content, pls Next!!
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by Phcmayor(m): 11:12pm On Nov 19, 2021
My death will make Biafra come quicker
MNK 2017
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by aminu23(m): 11:13pm On Nov 19, 2021
Lol. I'll consider it
A police way to say "no"
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by smsinnigeria(m): 11:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
AtikuNetwork:
Kanu's release must be predicated on very stiff conditions. First, he must publicly renounce his Biafra agitation and express full and unwavering commitment to Nigeria's unity. He must be made to recite the Nigerian national anthem and pledge of allegiance on national television, and willingly join politics like normal people do. Either that or he should be allowed to rot in prison while his trial keeps getting endlessly postponed. The truth is, if his trial is allowed to continue, he would most likely be sentenced to death. No two ways about it. He'll be executed and heaven will not fall, except for maybe some unrest in the SouthEast which would abate after sometime. I'm sure the igbo leaders are aware of this hence their meeting with the FG.

The 7charges against him cannot attract a severe punishment much less of death sentence.
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by tmanuelle(m): 11:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
aribisala0:
There is already evidence of interference so the claim is ridiculous
If he is sincere than he should allow Kanu to be transferred to prison and let the police instead of the DSS provide security at the court

I also do not support Buhari releasing Kanu because that would make him look like a nice guy and I doubt that kanu wants that either . Let them go to court . If Kanu is convicted then we can talk about amnesty/clemency etc but for now the court process is not flowing

The guy is better kept with the SSS as he is a threat to National Security and basically I have not come across it anywhere that an accused person of that magnitude (treasonable felony) can't be held/remanded at the facility of the SSS so long it's backed by the court and not just ordinary detention.
Yes, I also support the court process too, he should have his day at the court to determine whether he's guilty as charged or not. They should come back and beg for clemency by then.
However, if he denounces his madness, he may be pardoned. There are ways to seek self determination and independence other than being unnecessarily stupid which has led to the shut down of the South East causing violence and hardship on the Igbos, the same people he claimed to be fighting for.
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by Abujason: 11:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Stop begging he will face his nemesis, Useless albino Secessionist.

Begging who? Look at you. If they have a case, why all the hesitation bringing the matter to trial? They simply don’t. But f00ls like you have no concept of the law.

And since you neither know Nigerian law nor international laws, self-determination is not a crime.
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by Rupertek: 11:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Most especially when the accused has shown no remorse, same leaders he was abusing up & down, are the ones now begging for him??

They had no option, beg for kanu or be killed. Thats the problem igbo leaders found themselves in now
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by Rupertek: 11:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
frugal:

Very daft comment.

The executive is the one prosecuting the case and can choose to drop/withdraw all charges. This is primary school knowledge.

That can only happen in courtroom, which is from.19th January
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by Oneloveyo: 12:01am On Nov 20, 2021
Passionnn:

Just like you protested when Buhari was lodging so called repentant Boko Haram terrorists in five star hotels lavishly feeding them with choice meals while Nigeria soldiers on the battlefield hardly find garri to drink.
When Justice Onoge was illegally removed for Malami to take over, it was not interference of judiciary? I remember you actually protested violently and even started the impeachment process.

I thought Onoghen was Chief justice of Nigeria and was replaced by Tanko. Malami is the minister for justice or attorney general of the federation. Hope I'm correct

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by NobleRace: 12:13am On Nov 20, 2021
Aufbauh:
It's really an assailable demand on Mr. President to erroneously terminate a judicial process that is in motion.

The only political solution to Kanu's case is to avail him a fair trial. Anything short of this will be immoral, grossly inconsistent, demeaning and unacceptable.

Pls avoid quoting my mention comparing MNK case with pardoned Boko haram fighters.
One of the clear differences between their respective cases is that MNK case is before the law court.

Truth be told. The Federal government can withdraw the case from Court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by Xendre: 12:16am On Nov 20, 2021
AtikuNetwork:
At the end you and your write-up means nthg see how foolish you are just take a look at your slf how old are you what have you achieve in this life useless entity a very big animal in human body at all u are not God when the time comes no man can stop it not even that rapist called Mohammed
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by bjtinz: 12:26am On Nov 20, 2021
Just to be clear I'm not by any means supporting PMB, but does he have the power to unconditionally release Kanu, especially now that it's in court? I don't think so
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by Maestrowmg(m): 12:42am On Nov 20, 2021
PMB is afraid to free MNK until his administration is over
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by SKYHIGHfx: 12:54am On Nov 20, 2021
The hatred against ndi igbo is enormous
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by klawaaa: 1:21am On Nov 20, 2021
Let the presidency address the question how they kidnapped him and brought him to back to Nigeria. The world is as Bleep under this Biden administration and everywhere is just full of confusion!
Aufbauh:
It's really an assailable demand on Mr. President to erroneously terminate a judicial process that is in motion.

The only political solution to Kanu's case is to avail him a fair trial. Anything short of this will be immoral, grossly inconsistent, demeaning and unacceptable.

Pls avoid quoting my mention comparing MNK case with pardoned Boko haram fighters.
One of the clear differences between their respective cases is that MNK case is before the law court.
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by Idiko1: 1:40am On Nov 20, 2021
alanto:

Lol. Go tell someone that knows his right that he’s mad. Or go out today and call someone that can afford a lawyer a bastard. Let’s see if it’s a crime or not.
See me I’m a Yoruba and there’s one thing that defines us it’s respect. I read a post on Twitter that said a Yoruba man can live on respect for two weeks without food. I’m sure the other parts of the country respect their elders but you see for you people that don’t have leaders insolent is not a crime.
Let me try to roughly translate this Yoruba saying.
If a child killed a rat, he can eat it by himself. If he killed a fish he can finish it but when he catches something that’s really big. He will bring it home to his parents. That’s why it’s important to train your child in a way he should grow.
Yoruba also have a saying that goes; if your person is eating a bad insect and you refused to let them know they are doing something bad when the discomfort kicks in even you will not sleep. That’s exactly what’s playin out in the south East. Now everybody cannnot sleep because of one uncouth man that his own father called mental patient.

Which court in the world will sustain such rubbish except the ones in Nigeria. Real courts do not entertain hearsay.
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by Idiko1: 1:41am On Nov 20, 2021
asanausana91:
what type of fruit is your father inside the basket?

It is definitely not the same as your father.
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by Idiko1: 1:53am On Nov 20, 2021
ArewaNorth:

You are trying to bash Adesina and u unfortunately advertise ur deep ignorance. Kanu committed offence that allegedly broke Nigerian law and it is the responsibility of the court to try him irrespective of who put him under the trial. When u commit offence, u dnt just offend the country/person or an organisation but also violating a law which is a body under the responsibility of judiciary to protect. It is high time for NBA, NJC and other law upholding bodies to protest against any move by PMB to grant Kanu this will though President has this utmost power that he can exercise!

This explains why numerous Nigerian school leavers do not have jobs. Courts do not prosecute anybody or even "Try" anybody. Courts determines the legality or lack thereof. Prosecutorial duties lies with ministry of justice and other branches of law enforcement agencies. The crux of matter with this thread is separation of powers in a democratic system of government. The ministry of justice is a branch of executive while courts belong to judiciary. It is unfortunate Femi Adisana does not know and cannot strike a difference between the courts and ministry of justice. Nigeria must be disintegrated for a way forward.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by abeggnow: 2:33am On Nov 20, 2021
Aufbauh:

also i expect igbo leaders to have talked more about the properity of thier region not begging for a man who is before a court and who has previously jumped bail.
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by abeggnow: 2:35am On Nov 20, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
Buhari is a criminal MNK really exposed their plans and activities.

Igbo leaders should as a matter of urgency put their house in order arm their people and seek for international support because by next year Buhari and fulani/Kanur plans against the southern Nigeria will be fully implement and no escaping for anybody in this country even Yoruba Muslims will not be not escaped.
lol and loose woefully. i wonder what you think war is?
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by abeggnow: 2:36am On Nov 20, 2021
Mysticwebb:
What makes it heavy? Release him immediately.
the problem with una is you all want a democracy but dont want the democratic system to work
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by abeggnow: 2:39am On Nov 20, 2021
AtikuNetwork:
even if he wears the national flag color for life he should not be released conditionally he should face the law. at least so the numerous people that have died cos of his actions can get some justice.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by abeggnow: 2:40am On Nov 20, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Most especially when the accused has shown no remorse, same leaders he was abusing up & down, are the ones now begging for him??
our beg beg for this country too much. let the law take its place
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by abeggnow: 2:44am On Nov 20, 2021
Biafrannuke:
Kanu's extraordinary rendition and current 'trial' does not have the support of the UN and international community, it obviously does not have the support of Igbo masses. Now, the Igbo elders have also made their stand known. The only people going ahead with their foolhardiness are the Fulani cabal headed by malami and their social media BMC lunatics.
i think you misunderstand what it means to be an independent country..
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by abeggnow: 2:48am On Nov 20, 2021
Idiko1:

Insolence is not a crime!!!!
yes but inciting violence that has led to the death of 100s is a crime amd he would be judged.
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by abeggnow: 2:49am On Nov 20, 2021
Passionnn:

Just like you protested when Buhari was lodging so called repentant Boko Haram terrorists in five star hotels lavishly feeding them with choice meals while Nigeria soldiers on the battlefield hardly find garri to drink.
When Justice Onoge was illegally removed for Malami to take over, it was not interference of judiciary? I remember you actually protested violently and even started the impeachment process.
send us proof of the aligations you have made
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by abeggnow: 2:53am On Nov 20, 2021
alanto:

Lol. Go tell someone that knows his right that he’s mad. Or go out today and call someone that can afford a lawyer a bastard. Let’s see if it’s a crime or not.
See me I’m a Yoruba and there’s one thing that defines us it’s respect. I read a post on Twitter that said a Yoruba man can live on respect for two weeks without food. I’m sure the other parts of the country respect their elders but you see for you people that don’t have leaders insolent is not a crime.
Let me try to roughly translate this Yoruba saying.
If a child killed a rat, he can eat it by himself. If he killed a fish he can finish it but when he catches something that’s really big. He will bring it home to his parents. That’s why it’s important to train your child in a way he should grow.
Yoruba also have a saying that goes; if your person is eating a bad insect and you refused to let them know they are doing something bad when the discomfort kicks in even you will not sleep. That’s exactly what’s playin out in the south East. Now everybody cannnot sleep because of one uncouth man that his own father called mental patient.
that says it all if his father that gave bath to him knew he was was mental i wonder why the rest of the people over there cant see it.
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by abeggnow: 2:57am On Nov 20, 2021
Moony45:
He concluded: “I don’t want to leave this planet without peace returning to my country. I believe in one big, united Nigeria, a force in Africa. Mr President, I want you to be remembered as a person who saw Nigeria burning, and you quenched the fire.”

So touching but Buhari have no heart
unfortunately this is not a matter of the heart. its a matter of National security and the law.
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by abeggnow: 3:02am On Nov 20, 2021
Niwdog:
stupidity won't allow you know the difference between Igbo and Ipob
i tot they where one and the same. are they not??
Re: Buhari To Igbo Leaders: Your Demands For Nnamdi Kanu's Release Is Heavy by abeggnow: 3:05am On Nov 20, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

What stops your f00lish FG from prosecuting BH terrorists then?
go to prisons u will see them plenty facing death sentence. i have personally seen some. when we do our prison out reach

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boko Haram Is Sympathetic To Buhari - Jonathan / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race / Heavy Military Presence In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.