Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,253 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money (15303 Views)

Infinix Note 12i Vs Infinix Note 11i - Don't Waste Money / Don't Waste Your MONEY!!!! Tecno Spark 8 Vs Tecno Spark 7 / Tech Ad Revenue Get Ur Money Without Referrals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Chaos14: 6:08am On Jul 07, 2022
tecnolad:

Exynos chipsets are known to get heated up and lag when you throw some demanding tasks at them, like gaming, video recording or editing.

SD variants of Samsung phones are ways the better choice to go with. If you've done some research, you'd see that most people having heating, battery drain, etc problems are those on the Samsung's Exynos chipset.

I'm still wondering how a chipset that lags and cut down your gaming FPS when it gets really warm, beats the A15 Bionic. One even shuts down users' video recording without warning, when "it gets too hot".

Guy check it on nano review. A15 bionic vs Exynos 2200
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Kaymicheal852: 7:19am On Jul 07, 2022
Chaos14:
But they created their own chip which is very good

I have used ezynos in Samsung note 9 and it's flawless but surprising I heard people complaining about exynos,maybe the complain is not about the premium phones though
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Chaos14: 7:22am On Jul 07, 2022
Kaymicheal852:

I have used ezynos in Samsung note 9 and it's flawless but surprising I heard people complaining about exynos,maybe the complain is not about the premium phones though
see someone that understands. If it actually has a problem then its probably the hardware is still too heavy
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Auskyd(m): 7:35am On Jul 07, 2022
Chaos14:
see someone that understands. If it actually has a problem then its probably the hardware is still too heavy

Uncle no talk wetin you no know.
Firstly that exynos 2200 chip isn't only in Korea. It's everywhere. It's the counterpart of the snapdragon 8 gen 1.
Secondly, all exynos chips from time immemorial always fall behind in performance compared to the snapdragon one. This doesn't mean that the chip doesn't work well. It does, but is slower in performance. When you game on a exynos chip, framerates will drop, device get hot, etc.

You're saying the hardware is too heavy lmfao my God grin grin. See do more research before you drop this kind of hot take again, you hear?

3 Likes

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Auskyd(m): 7:36am On Jul 07, 2022
Kaymicheal852:

It is the premium phones that have the issue. Not midrangers.
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by tecnolad(m): 9:25am On Jul 07, 2022
Chaos14:
Guy check it on nano review. A15 bionic vs Exynos 2200

See this bro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m7XJg5hoF8
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Morphinne: 12:41pm On Jul 07, 2022
Auskyd:

Omo bro the iphone prestige is not Nigeria alone oh. Hehehehe even there in the US, it's a status symbol still. Even tho you can get it on credit, a lot of people still can't afford it and would be other brands instead. It's not just here Dem dey use am brag. It's a really big deal for them too, hence the rush to upgrade as soon as possible, and you'll see millions of views in YT for any iphone related news or reviews.
You’re right sha. Kudos to the man behind apple’s marketing team. They make it clear that their products are not for everyone yet they’re raking in millions in profits and market shares annually. Oppo thought this marketing ideology would also work for them by slapping huge price tags on their plastics forgetting that unlike them, apple makes sure that their products are always worth the hype (the build quality). Nobody likes spending money on ‘expensive shits grin. So it’s not by being ridiculously expensive. Apple now enjoys worldwide cult-like ‘mumu’ fanbase that even if apple fuckup, they (the die-hard fans) still find a way to defend them grin e.g removal of charger brick and apple’s lack of innovation nowadays) Can these said fans be tagged as being ‘mumu’ or apple is just doing something right ? If it’s the later, then the mumuness is justifiable. We all want good value for money and I think they’re doing relatively well in that regard.
Imagine a 2015 phone still in circulation and still in active competition with relatively newer phones. That’s prestige. iPhone 7+ of sept 2016 ( 7 years ago) still selling for 90k naira. No be juju be that
Apple’s juju man in charge of this brilliant marketing strategy should be arrested and investigated.

3 Likes

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Morphinne: 1:05pm On Jul 07, 2022
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Auskyd(m): 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2022
Morphinne:

You’re right sha. Kudos to the man behind apple’s marketing team. They make it clear that their products are not for everyone yet they’re raking in millions in profits and market shares annually. Oppo thought this marketing ideology would also work for them by slapping huge price tags on their plastics forgetting that unlike them, apple makes sure that their products are always worth the hype (the build quality). Nobody likes spending money on ‘expensive shits grin. So it’s not by being ridiculously expensive. Apple now enjoys worldwide cult-like ‘mumu’ fanbase that even if apple fuckup, they (the die-hard fans) still find a way to defend them grin e.g removal of charger brick and apple’s lack of innovation nowadays) Can these said fans be tagged as being ‘mumu’ or apple is just doing something right ? If it’s the later, then the mumuness is justifiable. We all want good value for money and I think they’re doing relatively well in that regard.
Imagine a 2015 phone still in circulation and still in active competition with relatively newer phones. That’s prestige. iPhone 7+ of sept 2016 ( 7 years ago) still selling for 90k naira. No be juju be that
Apple’s juju man in charge of this brilliant marketing strategy should be arrested and investigated.

Even iphone 6s and the plus model still dey sell like hot cake for Ikeja lol. And they no longer receive iOS updates oh. Same as the 7 series.

Dem try sha. I clap for them.

1 Like

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by BlaqFaze: 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2022
Morphinne:

Samsung, Xiaomi (some models still ship), Oppo, oneplus, etc don't ship with a charger brick
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Bossman(m): 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2022
The Iphone is not really a status symbol here in the US. For example, almost half of all smartphone users here use an Iphone. That's a whole lot of Iphones. mainly because during the early days of smartphones, Iphones were being sold by all the carriers. So most folks had no choice but to use an iphone. And it's still the case up till now. it's definitely not a status symbol here at all. I am an android person and like its flexibility. However, it's just that some of he carriers here give you limited choice. I have always used unlocked android devices. Until AT&T recently started to disable sim cards that are not using one of their approved android devices. Because of VoLTE compatibility. So I could no longer use my android devices. My last iphone was the iphone 4s, until I had to use my daughter's old Iphone 11. Slowly getting used to the IOS again though.

Auskyd:

Omo bro the iphone prestige is not Nigeria alone oh. Hehehehe even there in the US, it's a status symbol still. Even tho you can get it on credit, a lot of people still can't afford it and would be other brands instead. It's not just here Dem dey use am brag. It's a really big deal for them too, hence the rush to upgrade as soon as possible, and you'll see millions of views in YT for any iphone related news or reviews.
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Auskyd(m): 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2022
Bossman:
The Iphone is not really a status symbol here in the US. For example, almost half of all smartphone users here use an Iphone. That's a whole lot of Iphones. mainly because during the early days of smartphones, Iphones were being sold by all the carriers. So most folks had no choice but to use an iphone. And it's still the case up till now. it's definitely not a status symbol here at all. I am an android person and like its flexibility. However, it's just that some of he carriers here give you limited choice. I have always used unlocked android devices. Until AT&T recently started to disable sim cards that are not using one of their approved android devices. Because of VoLTE compatibility. So I could no longer use my android devices. My last iphone was the iphone 4s, until I had to use my daughter's old Iphone 11. Slowly getting used to the IOS again though.

I feel you.
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Chaos14: 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2022
Auskyd i made a mistake when i said korea i meant europe. Exynos is only available in europe and some othere regions. Thats why you have to import exynos from europe and SD straight from korea.
secondly as oga tecnolad says that is not good to let your phone do heavy tasks. But look at this apps developed for apple. They are specially made for their ios, so developers take their time for these apps too make sure it doesn't stress the system. But you see apk creators they don't bother about that because they don't have to. Because of too many androids so whats the point of trying. Why would you even want to see the limit of your chip
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by tecnolad(m): 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2022
Chaos14:
Auskyd i made a mistake when i said korea i meant europe. Exynos is only available in europe and some othere regions. Thats why you have to import exynos from europe and SD straight from korea.
secondly as oga tecnolad says that is not good to let your phone do heavy tasks. But look at this apps developed for apple. They are specially made for their ios, so developers take their time for these apps too make sure it doesn't stress the system. But you see apk creators they don't bother about that because they don't have to. Because of too many androids so whats the point of trying. Why would you even want to see the limit of your chip

Read what I said again. I didn't say that your phone shouldn't be made to do heavy tasks.
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Chaos14: 9:04pm On Jul 07, 2022
tecnolad:

Read what I said again. I didn't say that your phone shouldn't be made to do heavy tasks.
No i meant you said you shouldn't try your phones limit
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by tecnolad(m): 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2022
Chaos14:
No i meant you said you shouldn't try your phones limit

That's not what I meant. I meant that Exynos chipsets lag and get hot when you through some heavy tasks at it
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Realteeyee123(m): 9:46pm On Jul 07, 2022
Have been following the thread since, quite an interesting and educative thread.

Though I feel like other's have said iphone is a great phone with an amazing ecosystem but there are other phones too that are also amazing like the Google pixel, Samsung S series, Hauwei, and few others, techno and Infinix aren't even allowed to enter the car park talk less of being in the building for discussion where these phone's are being mentioned no offense though to their user's.

Just that lot's of Nigerians and some Africans feel if you use an iPhone you have arrived in life Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Dreadlock69(m): 1:48am On Jul 08, 2022
Reading y’all comments from 7plus

Soon resale this and get the xs or x

Later resale and get the 11 or 11pro

If dem do anyhow after that i sell all buy android no be phone i come this life come buy and no be for this nigeria economy I know like stress
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Chaos14: 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2022
tecnolad:

That's not what I meant. I meant that Exynos chipsets lag and get hot when you through some heavy tasks at it
Am talking about what you said in the past
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by tecnolad(m): 9:05pm On Jul 08, 2022
Chaos14:
Am talking about what you said in the past

Quote the message, please
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Morphinne: 9:11pm On Jul 08, 2022
Realteeyee123:
Have been following the thread since, quite an interesting and educative thread.

Though I feel like other's have said iphone is a great phone with an amazing ecosystem but there are other phones too that are also amazing like the Google pixel, Samsung S series, Hauwei, and few others, techno and Infinix aren't even allowed to enter the car park talk less of being in the building for discussion where these phone's are being mentioned no offense though to their user's.

Just that lot's of Nigerians and some Africans feel if you use an iPhone you have arrived in life Lol.

Boss, Transsion marketers are coming for your head in 3,2,1.., brace up cheesy cheesy
And @bolded is especially annoying but for now, I don’t think any manufacturer come close to the apple ecosystem IMO. Android (particularly Samsung) are just trying. Also, just take your time and try to get the Apple Watch series(5, SE, 6 or even 7) and compare to any corresponding android counterpart (Galaxy watch, Fitbit or Redmi watch) then you would realize that android never ready to be sincere
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Auskyd(m): 8:51am On Jul 09, 2022
Morphinne:

Boss, Transsion marketers are coming for your head in 3,2,1.., brace up cheesy cheesy
And @bolded is especially annoying but for now, I don’t think any manufacturer come close to the apple ecosystem IMO. Android (particularly Samsung) are just trying. Also, just take your time and try to get the Apple Watch series(5, SE, 6 or even 7) and compare to any corresponding android counterpart (Galaxy watch, Fitbit or Redmi watch) then you would realize that android never ready to be sincere

Bro the Samsung watches are better lol. I've used both and I can tell you , you're more productive with a Samsung watch than an apple one. No cap.

You can't view images on Apple watch. If they come as messages, it's heavily pixelated until you open it on your phone. Apple watches na hype. A lot of it's functions can't be used here.

1 Like

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by orikoku: 9:57am On Jul 10, 2022
Who have iPhone 12 mini iCloud for sale
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by d3cod3r(m): 8:33am On Jul 11, 2022
Auskyd:

Even iphone 6s and the plus model still dey sell like hot cake for Ikeja lol. And they no longer receive iOS updates oh. Same as the 7 series.

Dem try sha. I clap for them.
Actually the 6s and 7 series received the latest 15.5 alongside the others upto 13 series. Apple might stop the updates come iOS 16 though. Even if they don't receive 16, apple might still be giving it incremental updates to the 15 like 15.5.1 or 15.6 and so on.
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by d3cod3r(m): 8:37am On Jul 11, 2022
Nice thread but I want to make a point. All phones break. Be it your 1m naira samsung or iphones, heck even the costly macs and high end laptops from pc manufacturers. They all break.
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Auskyd(m): 9:39am On Jul 11, 2022
d3cod3r:

Actually the 6s and 7 series received the latest 15.5 alongside the others upto 13 series. Apple might stop the updates come iOS 16 though. Even if they don't receive 16, apple might still be giving it incremental updates to the 15 like 15.5.1 or 15.6 and so on.

Bro, 16 is the latest and it's out already. They've dropped the 7 and 6 series. You're seriously outdated on this info. There's no "might", they've stopped it already. And those incremental updates come like once or twice in 5 month or even a year.

Do your research on this one.
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by emeraldlife: 11:44am On Jul 11, 2022
tecnolad:

I bet you've not used any exynos powered premium devices from Samsung.

Granted in benchmark, Snapdragon always come out the better of the chipsets. In reality, they are both the same except in sustained performance as exynos tends to heat up.

Again, exynos chipsets offers better supports for developers and android fans. If you want to know how fast your s21 ultra (exynos version) is try custom ROM on it
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by tecnolad(m): 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2022
emeraldlife:

I bet you've not used any exynos powered premium devices from Samsung.

Granted in benchmark, Snapdragon always come out the better of the chipsets. In reality, they are both the same except in sustained performance as exynos tends to heat up.

Again, exynos chipsets offers better supports for developers and android fans. If you want to know how fast your s21 ultra (exynos version) is try custom ROM on it

Exynos gives better support for developers and Android fans? No wonder all mobile manufacturers are using them.

There's no reason to use Exynos when Snapdragon is better in almost every way, except you want double SIM features.

Talking about Custom ROMs; if I told anyone that "for you to enjoy Iphone to its maximum, jailbreak it," it would sound ridiculous to many. While I get your point and it's valid; why would one wants to go through bootloader unlocking, rooting and using custom ROM on a phone that expensive?
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by d3cod3r(m): 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2022
Auskyd:

Bro, 16 is the latest and it's out already. They've dropped the 7 and 6 series. You're seriously outdated on this info. There's no "might", they've stopped it already. And those incremental updates come like once or twice in 5 month or even a year.

Do your research on this one.
I know they've announced it and the beta might be out but it is not officially released till September or thereabout
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by emeraldlife: 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2022
tecnolad:

Exynos gives better support for developers and Android fans? No wonder all mobile manufacturers are using them.

There's no reason to use Exynos when Snapdragon is better in almost every way, except you want double SIM features.

Talking about Custom ROMs; if I told anyone that "for you to enjoy Iphone to its maximum, jailbreak it," it would sound ridiculous to many. While I get your point and it's valid; why would one wants to go through bootloader unlocking, rooting and using custom ROM on a phone that expensive?

By Developers in this context, I mean android/Samsung fans who want the latest and greatest android software on their device irrespective of how old the device is.

Secondly, most OEMs/phone manufacturers do not use exynos not because it does not perform but because of Snapdragon patents and royalty not in FRAND. Snapdragon developed a technology in their chip (I think CDMA, I can't remember) that forces other OEMs to rely on SD especially on devices sold in the US.

Your claim that none of the OEMs is using exynos chipsets is false and misleading. Vivo is still using exynos chipsets. Those devices won't be available for the US market. Xiaomi and Oppo with their subsidiaries are signing agreements to have exynos chipsets for markets outside China and the US because of the void creates by Huawei.

Again, Snapdragon is not better in every way. Better in sustained performance not overall.

I know u like iPhones. Everyone's got his/her favourite brand. Here, I am only referring to chipsets that power everything on android. I think Jailbreaking is a term in android that means having root privileges. Bro, u can have custom ROM on your device without rooting it. What I was implying is getting rid of the bloated OneUI features and using less feature-rich custom android os like pixel from google

1 Like

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Auskyd(m): 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2022
d3cod3r:

I know they've announced it and the beta might be out but it is not officially released till September or thereabout
lol it's official bro. If you want it, you'll get it. Easy as ABC.

It's the latest update and not 15 anymore. Let's clear that one out of the way first.
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by tecnolad(m): 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2022
emeraldlife:

By Developers in this context, I mean android/Samsung fans who want the latest and greatest android software on their device irrespective of how old the device is.

Secondly, most OEMs/phone manufacturers do not use exynos not because it does not perform but because of Snapdragon patents and royalty not in FRAND. Snapdragon developed a technology in their chip (I think CDMA, I can't remember) that forces other OEMs to rely on SD especially on devices sold in the US.

Your claim that none of the OEMs is using exynos chipsets is false and misleading. Vivo is still using exynos chipsets. Those devices won't be available for the US market. Xiaomi and Oppo with their subsidiaries are signing agreements to have exynos chipsets for markets outside China and the US because of the void creates by Huawei.

Again, Snapdragon is not better in every way. Better in sustained performance not overall.

I know u like iPhones. Everyone's got his/her favourite brand. Here, I am only referring to chipsets that power everything on android. I think Jailbreaking is a term in android that means having root privileges. Bro, u can have custom ROM on your device without rooting it. What I was implying is getting rid of the bloated OneUI features and using less feature-rich custom android os like pixel from google

These are some solid arguments here and I must say, you did your homework.

I like Iphones just as much as I like Android devices; however, I use each of these devices based on how innovative I find them - I'm not a brand loyalist.

About SD adding a feature that "forces" people to use their chipsets, I think it's not entirely true. People still use Kirin, MTK, etc in the US.

About the CDMA thingy, this is only for people who use AT&T, I think. If you've seen the recent iPhone 12 and 13 series, you'll discover that some have some special 5G sensors on their sides to enable them be compatible with the aforementioned networks.

Finally, I'm a little rusty and so curious to know how possible it is to install a custom ROM without rooting? I thought you'd be unlocking the bootloader and installing Magisk

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

20+ Cheapest Android Phones in Nigeria Under 30k, 40k, 50k, 60k and 70k Naira / Reading Your Friend's Text Messages / NTEL And Their Incompetencies - SCAM!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.