Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,039 members, 7,810,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money (15169 Views)

Infinix Note 12i Vs Infinix Note 11i - Don't Waste Money / Don't Waste Your MONEY!!!! Tecno Spark 8 Vs Tecno Spark 7 / Tech Ad Revenue Get Ur Money Without Referrals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2022
legennd2:

you people that talk like this just make me laugh. when comparing these devices try to compare price as well. how will you expect 800k MacBook to outlast 300k hp. abeg an! but when you compare devices of the same price range, you will immediately see that apple does not offer the best value for money. and this goes for all their products
Your brain no go dry ... You said it all
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 10:01pm On Jul 05, 2022
Tunex252:
Is like iPhone have brainwash this one, so an iPhone of 3g in 2004 and 2005 is faster than Samsung, sony, google pixel, redmi

You need deliverance bro
He just wan talk
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 10:04pm On Jul 05, 2022
nairaman66:

Let’s do a bit of analysis. Pick any device same year. Cheers
Yeye
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2022
kkkossy:

Have you ever seen an Iphone being hot while in use? NO!
Have you ever seen an iphone attacked by a virus? NEVER!
Have you seen an Iphone that hangs? NO!
Have you seen an iphone that it’s battery explodes? Lol only an Android takes this award.

iOS have the most innovative kit and features no other phones have. Pls go and do your research. Google is your friend.

IPhone wey them return last Saturday say e dey hurt
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2022
Tccomms:

I’ve seen iPhones that gets hot while in use
I’ve seen iPhone that hangs
Lolzzzz
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2022
Tccomms:

Well the ecosystem is really nice because their devices are limited and all controlled by them. Android also can do all this you’re saying although their devices are much and robust.
If you doubt me just simply get a Samsung s21, galaxy watch 4 and any modern windows pc or get one of Samsung galaxybook and see if what you experience on your Apple ecosystem doesn’t happen in the android world
Most people that uses iphone ain't really tech savvy...they always believe innovation ends with them...

2 Likes

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 10:10pm On Jul 05, 2022
Tccomms:
Last last everybody have their own choices to make be it Android or IOS. They both have their disadvantages and advantages. They also both have much similarities. Choose the one you want and don’t criticize the other. iPhone is better than android and android is better that iphone.
IOS has Apple Music
Android has Spotify, YouTube music
IOS has apple maps
Android had Google maps
IOS has Apple news
Android has Google news
IOS has iMessage
Android has Google message
IOS has Airdrop
Android has nearby share
IOS has good cameras
Android has good cameras
IOS has good phones
Android has good phones
IOS has Airpods
Android has a wide variantion of choice.
Anything IOS tries to throw Android will like to catch and anything android will like to throw IOS will like to catch.
For those of you that say IOS CANNOT hook or freeze then please you need to go and watch this video by MRWHOSETHEBOSS. If Android should just focus on one phone, that phone is gonna be mind blowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHlZXyhG3eQ

Your brain no go dry

2 Likes

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 10:11pm On Jul 05, 2022
tecnolad:

I have used the Samsung S21, Galaxy watch and an HP Omen. Can I reply my messages on my HP or answer calls with it? No, I can't.

Will whatever I have in my Samsung note sync with PC Notepad? Hell no.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy these devices. Samsung makes amazing devices, just like Xiaomi, Huawei, OnePlus and the rest. Most people are only bitter that they can't afford a high-end iPhone, so they become trolls.

I know what I'm saying bro
Some android are expensive than Iphone

1 Like

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 10:12pm On Jul 05, 2022
tecnolad:

I have used the Samsung S21, Galaxy watch and an HP Omen. Can I reply my messages on my HP or answer calls with it? No, I can't.

Will whatever I have in my Samsung note sync with PC Notepad? Hell no.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy these devices. Samsung makes amazing devices, just like Xiaomi, Huawei, OnePlus and the rest. Most people are only bitter that they can't afford a high-end iPhone, so they become trolls.

I know what I'm saying bro
You dont know abeg... Use your iPhone in peace

1 Like

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2022
kkkossy:

Bro you are talking like you know what you are saying. Google is not android. You are just listing Google services. You literally have to download all this Google product to use them in Android, which is not a big issue right? That’s another discussion. You’re comparing IOS with google bro. I also use some google products like Google map in my iphone. IOS have apps that are fully integrated with all the apple devices by default. You can use whatever suits you. You can never fault the apple Ecosystem, it’s the best in the world. Live with it.
Wahala
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 10:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
victorix:

You're a dumb Apple fan boy. You guys shouldn't be arguing with someone comparing the olden days iPhone 4 to recent Androids. Nothing you guys say will make sense to this man. Put an Apple logo on a pot and this man will give you is last card to own it.
Lolzzzx
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by tecnolad(m): 11:31pm On Jul 05, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Some android are expensive than Iphone

I don't even need to barter words with you bro. I never said otherwise. Please read before you comment. I saw that the other tag is another baloney, so I won't honour it with a response.

1 Like

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 11:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
Auskyd:

Bro you can't use Samsung flagship and go back to iphone. Walai, you go love am. Especially for gaming.
A friend selling this phones too was using iphone and decided to stay with Samsung... Was curious to ask him .. He just told me he loved Samsung but iphone is okay too
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 11:49pm On Jul 05, 2022
Morphinne:

One bottle of chilled action bitters for you comrade. You just summarized everything here and @bolded, why should I spend close to or over a million naira (considering custom duties and mind you 13 promax was sold for 1.5m last year Nov) on a phone that will lose about half (if not more) of it market value in a year. There is definitely a solid reason behind androids’ drastic price falls. Nobody is saying you’re poor for not owning an iPhone and in fact, iPhones are for broke guys because it even helps me to save more money than if I am to be using an android. That is why someone using Xsmax doesn’t necessarily needs to upgrade to 11. In fact, upgrading to 11 or 11 pro is a downgrade to your Xsmax. So apple doesn’t make you see your phone of last year as being outdated just because another one is released this year. I can remember Tim Cook saying that the Xsmax was not released for the X users to upgrade but was released for the older iPhone users to drop their old devices (5s,6s, 6plus, 6s plus and 7)
Meaning that your X was not relegated because they released Xr, Xmas and Xsmax. Same can’t be said about androids. The android phone you buy today would be outdated in 6 months time with over 100 elder brothers cheesy
That’s why you would notice that iPhone users seldom upgrade. People are still using their 2017 iPhone 10 happily because it’s still getting the job done. So na rich man dey use android contrary to the popular mindset
If IOS share their OS to other phone manufacturers it will be so useless....
Competition just too high on Android
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 11:57pm On Jul 05, 2022
tecnolad:

I don't even need to barter words with you bro. I never said otherwise. Please read before you comment. I saw that the other tag is another baloney, so I won't honour it with a response.
Okay... I no like wahala ooo... I love android pass iphone

1 Like

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by tecnolad(m): 12:12am On Jul 06, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Okay... I no like wahala ooo... I love android pass iphone
Good for you bro. I love Android phones and I love iPhone devices. Both have their uniqueness and weaknesses.

1 Like

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Morphinne: 12:59am On Jul 06, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

If IOS share their OS to other phone manufacturers it will be so useless....
Competition just too high on Android
Honestly bro. All these nameless OEMs will start making phones for the iOS tarnishing apple’s image as a result. Apple will never try that gamble. Android as an OS is really fascinating; it even has the capability of emulating various other systems such as iOS, windows and even consoles such as the Xbox, psp and others but the public perception of the android OS has been rubbished by these OEMs churning out loads of poor quality phones here in Africa especially just for the profit.
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 7:35am On Jul 06, 2022
Morphinne:

Honestly bro. All these nameless OEMs will start making phones for the iOS tarnishing apple’s image as a result. Apple will never try that gamble. Android as an OS is really fascinating; it even has the capability of emulating various other systems such as iOS, windows and even consoles such as the Xbox, psp and others but the public perception of the android OS has been rubbished by these OEMs churning out loads of poor quality phones here in Africa especially just for the profit.
The only big advantage I see IOS over android is the ecosystem...
But to say the truth apple Bionic chip madt...
Am a core android user ... For video recording no phone on earth can beat iphone cus of this chip... It's really crazy ....
Am used to android though and they got some flagship with crazy features and cameras too ... But you know Nigerians with this I dey use iphone mentality na... Just part of why I dont like the iPhone ... Cuz most buy for show offs... They rarely use the features and also most here are not really in apple ecosystem... The only product from Apple they use is the phone...
If not for this former US president ... Huawei is a very good company they might have been leading now in the smartphone unit sales market now... Their Kirin chip too is crazily madt too

3 Likes

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 7:39am On Jul 06, 2022
tecnolad:

Good for you bro. I love Android phones and I love iPhone devices. Both have their uniqueness and weaknesses.
Definitely...
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by tecnolad(m): 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Am a core android user ... For video recording no phone on earth can beat iphone cus of this chip... It's really crazy ....
Am used to android though and they got some flagship with crazy features and cameras too ... But you know Nigerians with this I dey use iphone mentality na... Just part of why I dont like the iPhone ... Cuz most buy for show offs... They rarely use the features and also most here are not really in apple ecosystem...
If not for this former us president ... Huawei is a very good company they might have been leading now in the smartphone unit sales market now... Their Kirin cheap too is crazily madt too

You just spoke the truth bro.
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2022
tecnolad:

Iphone is okay ooo ... The chip and ecosystem... But innovation and flexibility is owned by android flagship
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2022
tecnolad:

But if you use google pixel ... Bros ... You also enjoy perfect clean eco system... The android OS ain't heavy on pixels.... Cuz other manufacturers are always wanted to include their UI for brands sake which makes it heavier on devices from other manufacturers....
Its all about choice... I love iphone from 11 cus of the design ... Love 12 more but 13 most... Cus of the design... But when I saw the Samsung s22 mehn ... I stayed put... I love simple and classy designs ... Funniest thing is I never love it to big anything ultra it's a no no for me ... But love note series cus of the stylus... But currently on lg g8 thinq android 11... Since 2012 have been using Samsung ....
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Kaymicheal852: 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Most people that uses iphone ain't really tech savvy...they always believe innovation ends with them...

Don't mind them ,most of them can't even afford it , they're mostly putting almost all what they get in because of the resale value ,remove resale value ,80% of iphone users won't even near the latest ones

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Morphinne: 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Am used to android though and they got some flagship with crazy features and cameras too ... But you know Nigerians with this I dey use iphone mentality na... Just part of why I dont like the iPhone ... Cuz most buy for show offs... They rarely use the features and also most here are not really in apple ecosystem...
If not for this former us president ... Huawei is a very good company they might have been leading now in the smartphone unit sales market now... Their Kirin cheap too is crazily madt too
You got it bro. Nicely said.
It’s only those with poor-man mentality that brag and show off because they own a piece of plastic and glass (I praise apple too and that shouldn’t be mistaken for show off) and I think the show off is just a Nigerian or perhaps, African thing and it’s very understandable (low purchasing power). The aesthetics, the ecosystem as well as the tight security made possible by the exclusivity of the IOS make apple the best phone maker in my own book. It’s only natural that ppl tend to admire and opt for anything that seems not open to everyone (something we used to admire about BB phones then). Most android OEMs and their reviewers also follow this ugly trend of trying to measure up to apple standards by always comparing themselves to iPhones making it look like the iPhones are the standard yardstick (maybe it’s true). All I know is that if everyone starts using you as a yardstick for measuring progress, then you’re doing well and better than them.
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Auskyd(m): 4:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
Morphinne:

It’s only those with poor-man mentality that brag and show off because they own a piece of plastic and glass (I praise apple too and that shouldn’t be mistaken for show off) and I think the show off is just a Nigerian or perhaps, African thing and it’s very understandable (low purchasing power). The aesthetics, the ecosystem as well as the tight security made possible by the exclusivity of the IOS make apple the best phone maker in my own book. It’s only natural that ppl tend to admire and opt for anything that seems not open to everyone (something we used to admire about BB phones then). Most android OEMs and their reviewers also follow this ugly trend of trying to measure up to apple standards by always comparing themselves to iPhones making it look like the iPhones are the standard yardstick (maybe it’s true). All I know is that if everyone starts using you as a yardstick for measuring progress, then you’re doing well and better than them.
Omo bro the iphone prestige is not Nigeria alone oh. Hehehehe even there in the US, it's a status symbol still. Even tho you can get it on credit, a lot of people still can't afford it and would be other brands instead. It's not just here Dem dey use am brag. It's a really big deal for them too, hence the rush to upgrade as soon as possible, and you'll see millions of views in YT for any iphone related news or reviews.
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 5:12pm On Jul 06, 2022
Morphinne:

Smiles... To me it's two different and same game ...
One is open to all ... While the other is used by one ... This is a very big difference... I will tell you categorically imo Samsung would have been the best if they have an accepted OS... That company dey very innovative... They didn't look at mobile OS at first... After Symbian was fading out... RIM would also have uped their game too but werent innovative enough... Samsung is crazy bro...

1 Like

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Fearyourcreator: 5:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
Kaymicheal852:

Don't mind them ,most of them can't even afford it , they're mostly putting almost all what they get in because of the resale value ,remove resale value ,80% of iphone users won't even near the latest ones
Thing is both OS are good ... Its just that one is public the other is private
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Chaos14: 7:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
Did you know that the samsung custom chipset the Exynos2200(only found in south korea) beats the A15 bionic by 18%. Doesn't seem like much but this chip will last till android 14(but it may still lag). This chip is very powerful but scarce. But what am saying is that the only issue of Samsung is that they need a new os. Why? You may ask its because you can't get a Samsung ecosystem that still runs on android we need new similar os like mac os and ios.

please like if you agree with me
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Kaymicheal852: 7:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
Chaos14:
Did you know that the samsung custom chipset the Exynos2200(only found in south korea) beats the A15 bionic by 18%. Doesn't seem like much but this chip will last till android 14(but it may still lag). This chip is very powerful but scarce. But what am saying is that the only issue of Samsung is that they need a new os. Why? You may ask its because you can't get a Samsung ecosystem that still runs on android we need new similar os like mac os and ios.

please like if you agree with me

I ahev been saying this as well Samsung is too big and too inovative of a company for their device to be running android os ,they should build there own os already,they are probably too lazy to do so
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Chaos14: 8:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
Kaymicheal852:

I ahev been saying this as well Samsung is too big and too inovative of a company for their device to be running android os ,they should build there own os already,they are probably too lazy to do so
But they created their own chip which is very good
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Moneyboyz: 8:59pm On Jul 06, 2022
nairaman66:

You are a joke! An iPhone 3G made 2004/2005 is faster than any latest Android device! An android device that freezes anytime and you’d have to restart several times in a day.. I have been using an iPhone since inception and I have never regretted!

The IPhone, MacBook, iPad are light years ahead of equals. Before you hate something, try and show understanding first. Cheers and good luck

https://www.nairaland.com/6866447/phone-stuck-earphone-icon#107943541

An android device stuck! Please read to confirm my earlier assertion!

I don't want to reply anyone here but your comment makes me want to give you a hot slap.

Which your android is hanging?
You probably bought a cheap Android or fake product.

Before you come and spew trash, compare android in the price range of iPhones, only then do you have the authority to law claims and drop your user reviews.
If you have been using Tecno phones before coming here to generalize that android phone hangs you need to retrace your steps.

Also the silly post you made reference to is a general problem that can happen to any phone, it happens when water enters the earphone slot, very easy to fix without opening the device.
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by tecnolad(m): 1:42am On Jul 07, 2022
Chaos14:
But they created their own chip which is very good

Exynos chipsets are known to get heated up and lag when you throw some demanding tasks at them, like gaming, video recording or editing.

SD variants of Samsung phones are ways the better choice to go with. If you've done some research, you'd see that most people having heating, battery drain, etc problems are those on the Samsung's Exynos chipset.

I'm still wondering how a chipset that lags and cut down your gaming FPS when it gets really warm, beats the A15 Bionic. One even shuts down users' video recording without warning, when "it gets too hot".

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

5 Free Apps To Make Sure You Never Forget Your Username And Passwords / Samsung Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Market Price Is Crashing Reead / Free Zain Browser Configuration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.