Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money (15156 Views)

Infinix Note 12i Vs Infinix Note 11i - Don't Waste Money / Don't Waste Your MONEY!!!! Tecno Spark 8 Vs Tecno Spark 7 / Tech Ad Revenue Get Ur Money Without Referrals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by rabiudon: 12:48pm On Nov 21, 2021
Oyinlomobambam:

You get what you like in phone... I am pretty sure my iPhone can't handle 18hrs none charging with heavy use.

My iPhone is only useful when am in midst of celebrity and politicians that I work with.

It's as good as wristwatch to me
You don’t own an IPhone

1 Like

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Tccomms: 12:52pm On Nov 21, 2021
tecnolad:

I have used the Samsung S21, Galaxy watch and an HP Omen. Can I reply my messages on my HP or answer calls with it? No, I can't.

Will whatever I have in my Samsung note sync with PC Notepad? Hell no.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy these devices. Samsung makes amazing devices, just like Xiaomi, Huawei, OnePlus and the rest. Most people are only bitter that they can't afford a high-end iPhone, so they become trolls.

I know what I'm saying bro
IOS ecosystem is the best. That I didn’t argue with you but what I am saying is that android can also do it really good.
Bro you haven’t try it then. I’ve tried it before and it works. This is proof to backup my claim
It seems you didn’t really explore your Samsung phone with your Windows pc well.

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by rabiudon: 12:53pm On Nov 21, 2021
yrex01:
send files on iphone xender to system ? I'm not sure you have iphone coz if you do you'd know that's not possible
You can send files using xender from any phone, including an IPhone to you PC. It’s very simple.
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by yrex01(m): 1:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
tecnolad:

No dey talk rubbish bro. Stop using iPhone 6. These are files on my iPhone and I've sent files to PC a bazillion times.
you're tech illiterate forming literate man. any files you collect or receive through xender stays in xender folder alone n iphone won't allow you to share out of xender. and beside why should I on data to use xender when I can off my data n on hotspot on android ? guy rest iphone is not seamless.

7 Likes

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by kkkossy(m): 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
Tccomms:
Last last everybody have their own choices to make be it Android or IOS. They both have their disadvantages and advantages. They also both have much similarities. Choose the one you want and don’t criticize the other. iPhone is better than android and android is better that iphone.
IOS has Apple Music
Android has Spotify, YouTube music
IOS has apple maps
Android had Google maps
IOS has Apple news
Android has Google news
IOS has iMessage
Android has Google message
IOS has Airdrop
Android has nearby share
IOS has good cameras
Android has good cameras
IOS has good phones
Android has good phones
IOS has Airpods
Android has a wide variantion of choice.
Anything IOS tries to throw Android will like to catch and anything android will like to throw IOS will like to catch.
For those of you that say IOS CANNOT hook or freeze then please you need to go and watch this video by MRWHOSETHEBOSS. If Android should just focus on one phone, that phone is gonna be mind blowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHlZXyhG3eQ

Bro you are talking like you know what you are saying. Google is not android. You are just listing Google services. You literally have to download all this Google product to use them in Android, which is not a big issue right? That’s another discussion. You’re comparing IOS with google bro. I also use some google products like Google map in my iphone. IOS have apps that are fully integrated with all the apple devices by default. You can use whatever suits you. You can never fault the apple Ecosystem, it’s the best in the world. Live with it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by yrex01(m): 1:06pm On Nov 21, 2021
rabiudon:
You can send files using xender from any phone, including an IPhone to you PC. It’s very simple.
yes but requires data on to perform such operation. it's not seamless
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Tccomms: 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2021
kkkossy:

Bro you are talking like you know what you are saying. Google is not android. You are just listing Google services. You literally have to download all this Google product to use them in Android, which is not a big issue right? That’s another discussion. You’re comparing IOS with google bro. I also use some google products like Google map in my iphone. IOS have apps that are fully integrated with all the apple devices by default. You can use whatever suits you. You can never fault the apple Ecosystem, it’s the best in the world. Live with it.
Bro I am an IOS/Android guy. Use both and also have both and also need both.
I know Apple has the best and addictive ecosystem.
Who owns android? Google.
Same way you can use Google maps on IOS is the same way you can use Apple Music on Android.
Bro have you seen a pixel device? If you have you’ll know what i am saying.

10 Likes

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by shuongdungnguye: 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2021
this is awesome
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Tccomms: 1:14pm On Nov 21, 2021
kkkossy:

Get a stock android device and tell me what you see on it. Samsung, oneplus, oppo and the rest customizes the stock android to suit them that’s why you’re saying what you’re saying
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by BlackyOne(m): 1:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
How can you be using an iphone and you want me to share my Android data hotspot with you .....clown lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by kkkossy(m): 1:27pm On Nov 21, 2021
BlackyOne:
How can you be using an iphone and you want me to share my Android data hotspot with you .....clown lipsrsealed

The truth is apple devices are not built to interact too deeply with other devices outside it ecosystem because they are too keen on security and privacy. That is why they don’t get attacked by virus.

1 Like

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by horlahwaley(m): 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2021
And me wanted to try ios for the first time, With thread like. I do get discouraged
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Tccomms: 1:40pm On Nov 21, 2021
horlahwaley:
And me wanted to try ios for the first time, With thread like. I do get discouraged
Please don’t get discouraged. Go ahead and give it a trial and if you don’t like it you can simply change back
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by rabiudon: 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2021
yrex01:
yes but requires data on to perform such operation. it's not seamless
Absolutely no data is required for that
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by tecnolad(m): 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
yrex01:
you're tech illiterate forming literate man. any files you collect or receive through xender stays in xender folder alone n iphone won't allow you to share out of xender. and beside why should I on data to use xender when I can off my data n on hotspot on android ? guy rest iphone is not seamless.

Lol. You're the bigger illiterate here, bro. Those videos in my previous screenshots were received with Xender. No dey yarn dust. I say again: GET OFF THAT IPHONE 6 AND USE A BETTER IPHONE

Edit: I use Xender on airplane mode.

1 Like

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by ArticleBeast: 2:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
If your money don finish you no go talk. Which one be Iphone dey boring.

7 Likes

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
tecnolad:

Lol. You're the bigger illiterate here, bro. Those videos in my previous screenshots were received with Xender. No dey yarn dust. I say again: GET OFF THAT IPHONE 6 AND USE A BETTER IPHONE

Edit: I use Xender on airplane mode.
I'm planning on getting the iphone X by month end, what's your take on that? Hope it measures up.
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by tecnolad(m): 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2021
Japhet04:
I'm planning on getting the iphone X by month end, what's your take on that? Hope it measures up.

iPhone X is good. But if you've got extra money, try getting the Xs Max. Here's why:

1. Better battery life
2. Better processor
3. Bigger screen real estate
4. Better resale value

If you are on a budget, the iPhone X is a decent device.

4 Likes

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Grandmeister(m): 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2021
Japhet04:
It does..but if you can get the xr even better. The camera is a cut above the x. The battery is strong too. The x has a better screen which isn't all that noticeable.

1 Like

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Buzx: 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
kkkossy:

Google is to Android, just as Apple is to IOS. Only thing is that Apple is closed source. Those Google services comes in-built with android phones; YouTube, Google maps, nearby share and other Google apps.

You use Google products on your iPhone because Google has made them so. They ain't as closed as apple. Apple don't this because they want to keep the isheeps stuck in the ecosystem and give them this feeling of exclusiveness. The best they've done is to release Apple music on Playstore.

Speaking of ecosystem, Apple isn't the only who's got one. With a Pixel phone or any Android phone, a Chromebook Pc, Google Nest speakers, an Android wearable, an Android TV, Pixel buds, you've got yourself an Android ecosystem, which is just as good as Apple's. It all just boils down to preference.

There's absolutely nothing to feel superior about because Google/android literally has its own ecosystem.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Buzx: 7:44pm On Nov 21, 2021
tecnolad:

I have used the Samsung S21, Galaxy watch and an HP Omen. Can I reply my messages on my HP or answer calls with it? No, I can't.

Will whatever I have in my Samsung note sync with PC Notepad? Hell no.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy these devices. Samsung makes amazing devices, just like Xiaomi, Huawei, OnePlus and the rest. Most people are only bitter that they can't afford a high-end iPhone, so they become trolls.

I know what I'm saying bro

Cmon, bro. This ain't new. I literally do this with my Google Chromebook and my android phone. I send messages, receive notifications, place calls from my Chromebook and Smartwatch and even unlock my PC with my android phone. Browse on my android and continue the exact same thing on Chromebook, vice versa.

I don't know why you Apple guys think these basic things are exclusive to Apple.

4 Likes

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by vacettetommy(m): 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2021
Grandmeister:

It does..but if you can get the xr even better. The camera is a cut above the x. The battery is strong too. The x has a better screen which isn't all that noticeable.

But no portrait camera
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Grandmeister(m): 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2021
vacettetommy:

But no portrait camera
It can shoot portrait with artificial intelligence software. It doesn't need a physical camera for it.
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Norman4real(m): 10:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
Interesting thread, here's my opinion...

Yes! iPhones are overrated. That's not to say that they're bad, but after you spend so much money to get one you realise you could've gotten the same quality from a flagship android phone or even better in some respects.

For the whole "eco system" view i agree that apples software is more streamlined and effective if you know what you're doing and you're used to it, but there's really nothing you can do on it that android won't do. Problem is that each android manufacturer tries to create their own ecosystem when the simple solution is to focus on Google's ecosystem and focus on google apps to get the best out of it.

Now regarding the "hate coz you can't afford it argument" i say that's partially false. Older iphones like the 7, 8 and X series are actually quite affordable for the average midrange phone buyer but the fact is that people have been biased against apple for a while and most just won't buy one unless it's an extra phone that's just for showing off.

Personally i have one reason why i love iphones, that's coz of their insanely powerful processors. If i was ever to buy one of their latest phones it would be simply to use as a gaming phone.

7 Likes

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Segun2222: 12:10am On Nov 23, 2021
Tccomms:

Well the ecosystem is really nice because their devices are limited and all controlled by them. Android also can do all this you’re saying although their devices are much and robust.
If you doubt me just simply get a Samsung s21, galaxy watch 4 and any modern windows pc or get one of Samsung galaxybook and see if what you experience on your Apple ecosystem doesn’t happen in the android world
na Samsung get windows eco even the watch os on watch belongs to google

1 Like

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Mizik(m): 2:49am On Nov 23, 2021
Bosun13:
Using Iphone in as much am not a yahoo boy it's kind of overhype, suffering and smiling... Called me what u like but reason with me... I started with iphone 4s till generation of iphone 11 pro max...all I see is ego and notice me .... android is the best for you without stressing yourslf with hard earning money.... Iphone is bored ..this is little advice is for you contemplating btw iphone and Android.
My brother stay bless.
IPhone 13 mini 256gb Fu X 2
Brand new sealed
Midnight
410k each

IPhone 13 256gb Fu
Brand new sealed
Pink

IPhone 13 512gb Fu
Brand new sealed
Pink

13 pro max 256gb Fu
Brand new phone only
Graphite

Z fold 3 256gb Black
Brand new open box
Unlocked
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Flamees(m): 5:46am On Nov 23, 2021
kkkossy:

This is my 3rd iphone, I just upgraded from an iphone 7 plus to a 12 pro. I have been an apple user since 2016. And hey! My wife and some of my family/friends use iphone so I airdrop high quality resolution pics, music and videos using airdrop(without data). Talking about comparism, My experience in my old Iphone 7 plus is the same with my present phone except for improved performance and camera quality, sometjing that some phones lack. I own an iwatch and macbook and my son has an ipad. So why on earth should I use an android?? It’s the ecosystem that matters to me. If your circle of friends and family are IOS users it makes life easy for you.
grin grin onye mgbu
We have billions of file transfer apk's
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by Flamees(m): 5:48am On Nov 23, 2021
Buzx:

Cmon, bro. This ain't new. I literally do this with my Google Chromebook and my android phone. I send messages, receive notifications, place calls from my Chromebook and Smartwatch and even unlock my PC with my android phone. Browse on my android and continue the exact same thing on Chromebook, vice versa.

I don't know why you Apple guys think these basic things are exclusive to Apple.
It's funny how people compare iphone to midrange devices

Compare iphone 13 pro max with just Vivo x70+
Real niggas use Android Flagship no need to show off

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by SIRRITE: 6:18am On Nov 23, 2021
Where areu fasting to? Android phone this days are pretty fast, iPhone is like Nokia that is over hype

nairaman66:

You are a joke! An iPhone 3G made 2004/2005 is faster than any latest Android device! An android device that freezes anytime and you’d have to restart several times in a day.. I have been using an iPhone since inception and I have never regretted!

The IPhone, MacBook, iPad are light years ahead of equals. Before you hate something, try and show understanding first. Cheers and good luck
Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by jikins(m): 6:54am On Nov 23, 2021
kkkossy:

Have you ever seen an Iphone being hot while in use? NO!
Have you ever seen an iphone attacked by a virus? NEVER!
Have you seen an Iphone that hangs? NO!
Have you seen an iphone that it’s battery explodes? Lol only an Android takes this award.

iOS have the most innovative kit and features no other phones have. Pls go and do your research. Google is your friend.

Nor dey cap. You just dey overhype. Yes I have seen an Iphone that gets hot and hangs. Iphones can be attacked by a virus. How many andriod have you seen physically explode in your eyes. IOS is restrictive, I know its suprising but there are people who actually want to fully have control of their device and what they do with it.

3 Likes

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by jikins(m): 7:15am On Nov 23, 2021
nairaman66:

You are a joke! An iPhone 3G made 2004/2005 is faster than any latest Android device! An android device that freezes anytime and you’d have to restart several times in a day.. I have been using an iPhone since inception and I have never regretted!

The IPhone, MacBook, iPad are light years ahead of equals. Before you hate something, try and show understanding first. Cheers and good luck

This statement just shows your level of ignorance. So every android device freezes every time and you have to restart several times a day grin. The absolute nonsense you guys will spill to encourage yourself that you bought a good device. You should definitely take your own advice don't hate on what you don't understand. SMH.

iPhone isn't light years ahead of anything. The reason they are good as they are is that they restrict you to their own ecosystem. Where they control what goes in and out. The case is different from android and windows which allows pretty much everything stress-free. There is something relaxing about being able to do the simplest of things seamlessly.

I am a programmer and a gamer. That's a combination you cant achieve on mac alone. I literally play powerful games like Red dead redemption 2, AC Vahalla, the new Forza Horizon 5, and many more on my windows pc, something you can never achieve on any MacBook alive. The only reason I am even considering getting a mac is because of IOS app development that's it!

I always send stuff from my phone to pc constantly. I don't need to be switching on a hotspot to use xender or some shit to send stuff to my windows every time. Who has time for that nonsense!

Apple products are great if you and people around you live in their ecosystem and have a lot of their devices.

6 Likes

Re: Iphone Overhype, Don't Waste Ur Money by jikins(m): 7:20am On Nov 23, 2021
Buzx:

Google is to Android, just as Apple is to IOS. Only thing is that Apple is closed source. Those Google services comes in-built with android phones; YouTube, Google maps, nearby share and other Google apps.

You use Google products on your iPhone because Google has made them so. They ain't as closed as apple. Apple don't this because they want to keep the isheeps stucked in the ecosystem and give them this feeling of exclusiveness. The best they've done is to release Apple music on Playstore.

Speaking of ecosystem, Apple isn't the only who's got one. With a Pixel phone or any Android phone, a Chromebook Pc, Google Nest speakers, an Android wearable, an Android TV, Pixel buds, you've got yourself an Android ecosystem, which is just as good as Apple's. It all just boils down to preference.

There's absolutely nothing to feel superior about because Google/android literally has its own ecosystem.

Aptly put!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Demerits Of Buying An Injoo Phone? / 5 Free Apps To Make Sure You Never Forget Your Username And Passwords / Samsung Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Market Price Is Crashing Reead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.