Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect (27377 Views)

Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers, Insist On Justice / Niger Delta Militants Blow Conoil Facility Up In Bayelsa / Plateau: Niger Delta Militants Blow Hot, Reveal What’ll Happen In 21 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by hustler2828: 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2021
lexy2014:

What are d issues being faced by d host communities and who is responsible for resolving those issues?

Gass flaring, the government is responsible for resolving the issue.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by hustler2828: 10:14pm On Nov 21, 2021
lexy2014:

U didn't answer d questions:

How's that anybody's business? How do u no if agip is greasing anyone?

If d oil communities were sincere about how to solve their own problems, will they be bothered about whether agip is greasing anyone?

Did you even read the article? What led to the blowing up of the facility? Read the article please.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by lexy2014: 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
hustler2828:

Gass flaring, the government is responsible for resolving the issue.

God bless u. So if govt is responsible for resolving these issues, why then are oil communities chasing after oil companies?
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by lexy2014: 10:17pm On Nov 21, 2021
hustler2828:

Did you even read the article? What led to the blowing up of the facility? Read the article please.

I don't need to read d article. Does d information in d article negate these questions about whether the oil communities are indeed sincere about their own problems?
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by hustler2828: 10:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
lexy2014:

I don't need to read d article. Does d information in d article negate these questions about whether the oil communities are indeed sincere about their own problems?

You not reading the article means your argument is baseless as such , arguing with you will be a total waste of my time.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by lexy2014: 10:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
hustler2828:

You not reading the article means your argument is baseless as such , arguing with you will be a total waste of my time.

Since ur argument is "baseful", can tell me how a question is now the same thing as an argument? Pls help me out. Meanwhile, u are yet to answer the simple question:

Does d information in d article negate these questions about whether the oil communities are indeed sincere about their own problems?

If u are able to answer the question, it will shut u up for good
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by hustler2828: 10:29pm On Nov 21, 2021
lexy2014:

God bless u. So if govt is responsible for resolving these issues, why then are oil communities chasing after oil companies?

Why are the oil companies using divide and rule tactics? He who brings an ant-infested log home should be prepared for a visit of the lizards.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by lexy2014: 10:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
hustler2828:

Why are the oil companies using divide and rule tactics? He who brings an ant-infested log home should be prepared for a visit of the lizards.

U haven't answered the simple question:

So if u say govt is responsible for resolving the issues in d Niger delta, why then are oil communities chasing after oil companies and not d govt?
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by hustler2828: 10:35pm On Nov 21, 2021
lexy2014:

So if u say govt is responsible for resolving the issues in d Niger delta, why then are oil communities chasing after oil companies and not d govt?

“The only thing we want Agip to do is to deal directly with the 27 communities of Omoku, according to the Federal Government resolution.

“We don’t want Agip to be negotiating with anybody. They should deal with the communities.

Your answer is the the 2 paragraphs above.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by lexy2014: 10:38pm On Nov 21, 2021
hustler2828:

“The only thing we want Agip to do is to deal directly with the 27 communities of Omoku, according to the Federal Government resolution.

“We don’t want Agip to be negotiating with anybody. They should deal with the communities.

Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by lexy2014: 10:44pm On Nov 21, 2021
hustler2828:

earlier u had said that the problem of the niger delta is gas flaring and that the government is responsible for resolving it. so how does the information u provided above resolve the issue of gas flaring?
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by hustler2828: 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2021
lexy2014:

The current issue is on the recent attack on an Agip facility, and what led to the attack was clearly stated. Outside that, I think they are chasing after oil companies to get the attention of the government. Arguing with you is so boring, unlike the other guy. It's like I'm arguing with a bot lol!!!
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by lexy2014: 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2021
hustler2828:

The current issue is on the recent attack on an Agip facility, and what led to the attack was clearly stated. Outside that, I think they are chasing after oil companies to get the attention of the government. Arguing with you is so boring, unlike the other guy. It's like I'm arguing with a bot lol!!!

once again, can u pls tell me how questions are now the same thing as argument? meanwhile, i didnt ask u to argue. i just asked u simple questions which u are struggling to answer. how does the current issue differ from what i want u to address in the question i asked? So if u say govt is responsible for resolving the issues in d Niger delta, why then are oil communities chasing after oil companies and not d govt?
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by lexy2014: 10:56pm On Nov 21, 2021
hustler2828:

since u said that the issues of the niger delta is gas flaring and the govt is responsible for resolving the issue, and that the communities are chasing after the govt to get the attention of govt, is it gas flaring that the community in this current issue are fighting against?
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by richmanrichard: 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2021
iLegendd:

You have a point about the cocoa, but it's good to note that cocoa money started it, but oil money finished it. Now, tax money from all Nigerians living in Lagos is handling the rest with some federal allocations.

Nigeria discovered oil in 1956 and Abuja took over from Lagos as the capital city in 1991. This is to say, 1991 down to 1956 is 35 years.

So, it's wrong to think 35 years, after oil was discovered, and Lagos was still the capital, money from oil wasn't used to finish what cocoa money started.

All I'm trying to say is: Lagos was still the capital when oil was discovered and it benefited immensely from it before Abuja took over as the capital in 1991.

That's the point I'm trying to make.

contributed yes, but coal was d main thing that even built lagos, followed by cocoa n rest.lagos was a pre independence city ie it was existing b4 d oil boom.d main source that drove d economy that made lagos b4 oil was coal
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by Litmus: 1:21am On Nov 22, 2021
hustler2828:

No guts no glory. There will always be a sacrifices or price to pay for anything good to come. Nothing is free even in Freetown. Sometimes we need to step out of our comfort zone to get what we want.

I bet you look ugly.

What could the people of Nigeria have ever done to you?
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by ellovee(m): 1:32am On Nov 22, 2021
SaintBishop:
Are they from Baysela or from Andoni?
dey are from rivers state. Omoku is the head quarter of the LGA. OGBA/EGBEMA /NDONI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by bigcasava1(m): 2:54am On Nov 22, 2021
That is all they know, blowing pipeline. Oil is their life and god. My joy is technology is about to erase the usefulness of oil, I wonder how life will be to those who made oil their God.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by Codes151(m): 5:56am On Nov 22, 2021
thundafire:
Keep on destroying the environment and expect the oil companies to give una money Everytime bunch of useless idiots
you never know the struggle there so keep mute n research.

The is so much neglect, abuse, slavery n fraud in the oil gas sector.
Wickedness.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by thundafire: 6:58am On Nov 22, 2021
Codes151:
you never know the struggle there so keep mute n research.

The is so much neglect, abuse, slavery n fraud in the oil gas sector.
Wickedness.
u seem to be lost go and find out how much those guys have invested to clean the environment and u will be shocked to know that the community leaders and politicians pocket the money and abandoned the people,so why would the company care when the leaders are selfish
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by Codes151(m): 7:16am On Nov 22, 2021
thundafire:
u seem to be lost go and find out how much those guys have invested to clean the environment and u will be shocked to know that the community leaders and politicians pocket the money and abandoned the people,so why would the company care when the leaders are selfish
you are repeating what I just said. Smh.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by baralatie(m): 7:55am On Nov 22, 2021
hustler2828:

Can you read what you just wrote? No oil sales will lead to death by hunger of a whole nation. So we should cotinue selling oil and feeding the whole country at the detriment of those located in the oil facilities arears? With shell, agip and others churning gass emissions on daily basis? So you have agree that Nigeria is nothing withouth oil? Yet they can't make plans on how to tackle issues being faced by host commuinities? You are a great thinker indeed. Nigerians are realy the problems of Nigeria.
Like I told everyone who are ignorant!
Please go and read up what happened to the niger delta communities when the militants shutdown the economy under buhari?
The fg was balling with funds!
People from the region went to beg buhari in Abuja
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by hustler2828: 9:47am On Nov 22, 2021
baralatie:

Like I told everyone who are ignorant!
Please go and read up what happened to the niger delta communities when the militants shutdown the economy under buhari?
The fg was balling with funds!
People from the region went to beg buhari in Abuja

Nothing happened, there was never a time militants shut down the economy under Buhari. That is a big fat lie.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by hustler2828: 9:49am On Nov 22, 2021
Litmus:

I bet you look ugly.

What could the people of Nigeria have ever done to you?

You lack compression. I pity you olodo rabata.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by Blackdisciple(m): 10:53am On Nov 22, 2021
Agip will need to do the right thing by reaching out to the communities.....
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by Chrisgod001(m): 11:48am On Nov 22, 2021
thundafire:
Keep on destroying the environment and expect the oil companies to give una money Everytime bunch of useless idiots
When some never affect try to know wetin the sup b4 u cap careless. Go to those areas n see how people r suffering from environmental hazards caused by these companies still instead of to do the right thing they will bribes few n continue operations.
At times what people understands is violence so don't blame them if the company is neglecting their responsibilities.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by baralatie(m): 11:51am On Nov 22, 2021
hustler2828:

Nothing happened, there was never a time militants shut down the economy under Buhari. That is a big fat lie.
Are you sure?
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by Litmus: 12:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
hustler2828:

You lack compression. I pity you olodo rabata.

If you're encouraging people in the Delta to blow up oil pipes or and disrupt the little industry remaining in the area, then you come as close as anyone can be to unadulterated evil. Unless of course, you're just an ignorant t.w.a.t residing abroad in which case you need to read widely and research before committing your useless ideas to the gaze of impressionable and unsophisticated people in Africa that have a culture of blaming otherworldly forces for majority of life's problem. People the world over are susceptible to the flaw of blaming others for thire problems in life much less peoples whose entire cultures are nearly entirely founded on this. Don't do it! The area is degraded enough by pollution and economically comatose due to industry flight. I'm not even mentioning the politics of militancy in the area which has barely anything to do with justice, jobs, investment or porverty alleviation of Deltans.

Many oil bunkerers already operating in the creeks and swamps, the types that become Militants, degrade the rivers and streams in Nigeria, then transport that oil to Benin Republic where the end benefactors are people of Benin Republic, Westerners and the smugglers themselves. Deltans don't benefit not even indirectly due to say, the smugglers investing in schools or apprenticeships or spending the money in the local economy.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by PromiseJonah(m): 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2021
SaintBishop:
Are they from Baysela or from Andoni?

Omoku in (Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni LGA) ONELGA, Rivers State - Nigeria.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by Daveconsult007: 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
nedekid:

Hmm. These ones are not ipob or igbos who are landlocked and have nothing they can use to squeeze the balls of Nigeria.
This guys are Niger delta. Where the blood flows through the veins of the country. The belle of the nation. Agip and gov will play ball with them, if not, shoukd it escalate, hunger will catch the country in this precarious time.

I'm laughing at your comment.

What ball are you talking about aside giving bags of money to militants and some corrupt local chiefs.

Niger delta is doing a huge damage to itself especially in the future.

Oil Spillage
River contamination
Air pollution via emissions and Gas flaring are major problems which will strike in future.

Do you know how much it costs to clean up crude oil damaged environments? And in most cases it takes decades

Can you please tell me what is the latest on Ogoni cleanup? Which would cost billions of dollars.

I'm happy that I'm not from an oil producing state in South South because it's challenges outweighs the benefits,
There's no gain being from an oil state or community in Nigeria.
Southeast you want to mock are still in advantage.
South east still has their lands and rivers intact, that cant be Said about most South South oil producing communities.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by nedekid: 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
Daveconsult007:

I'm laughing at your comment.

What ball are you talking about aside giving bags of money to militants and some corrupt local chiefs.

Niger delta is doing a huge damage to itself especially in the future.

Oil Spillage
River contamination
Air pollution via emissions and Gas flaring are major problems which will strike in future.

Do you know how much it costs to clean up crude oil damaged environments? And in most cases it takes decades

Can you please tell me what is the latest on Ogoni cleanup? Which would cost billions of dollars.

I'm happy that I'm not from an oil producing state in South South because it's challenges outweighs the benefits,
There's no gain being from an oil state or community in Nigeria.
Southeast you want to mock are still in advantage.
South east still has their lands and rivers intact, that cant be Said about most South South oil producing communities.
Quite insightful.
"Southeast you want to mock are still in advantage"
I did not mock SE. I only said they are land locked and do not have a hold on heavy resources they can use as leverage. Dont you see how fgn refused dialog with them but rather decided to crush them? My observation is the the ND is the opposite. Access to the sea and can cause havoc to the oil industry.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect by Daveconsult007: 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
baralatie:

Ogoni has not produced a drop of oil since wiwa died but the rest of the oil producing regions from Lagos to akwa Ibom are producing.
It is the production that is keeping the people of ogoni alive till tomorrow

Bro, forget talk.

Shell has been drilling oil from Ogoni via Oyigbo,
They both share land boundaries.

An energy expert in the industry confirmed this to me.
I think he called it "Horizontal drilling"
How oil wells can be drilled from tens of kilometers away from the actual well.

Honestly I feel bad for ogoni after reading about their story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad / Akintoye On UN protest: FG planted IPOB banner among Yoruba Nation agitators / EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.