Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife (27690 Views)

For Those Familiar With Abuja, Can You Tell Us Which Expressway Is This: Photo / Why Do Government Start Negotiation With Shia After Igbo Protest ? / Atiku And Peter Obi Should Reach Out To Nnamdi Kanu. What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:22am On Nov 23, 2021
A former Governor of Anambra State, Chukwuemeka Ezeife, has revealed that ministers and other government officials familiar with the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), said he takes his promise to consider the release of Nnamdi Kanu seriously.

Ezeife made this known on Monday when he featured on Arise TV’s ‘The Morning Show’ monitored by The PUNCH.

The ex-Anambra governor and some respected Igbo elders, led by Minister of Aviation in the First Republic, Chief Mbazulike Amaechi, had visited Buhari in Aso Rock on Friday and requested the unconditional release of the detained leader of the proscribed secessionist group, the Indigenous People of Biafra.

Buhari had told them he would not want to interfere in the running of the judiciary but said he would consider their demand though “a heavy one.

Speaking on the television programme today, Ezeife thanked Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, who “negotiated the appointment” with the President and Amechi who “not only led us but apply to the President to allow us.”

He said the Igbo leaders spoke with those close to Buhari after the meeting and they said the President’s body language was positive.

We talked to people who are familiar with the President after the meeting and they told us that from the body language of the President, he took us very seriously and we should take his promise to look into it very seriously also. We are very quite happy and I must say.

We asked the ministers and those who work with the President and we asked them what should we go home with and they said we should be hopeful and we are hopeful,” he said.

The 83-year-old Igbo elder, who was an elected governor of Anambra State between 1992 and 1993, also said Buhari can mount some pressure on the judiciary to achieve the release of Kanu.

“We have separation of powers – executive, judiciary and the legislature…the judiciary can say something but if the President applies pressure on any of the sectors of governance, normally some good results would come out,” he said.

Source: https://punchng.com/kanu-what-those-familiar-with-buhari-told-us-after-igbo-elders-meeting-ezeife/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by shigishege: 2:30am On Nov 23, 2021
So you guys can beg jubril?? I think you people said buhari is dead and he is not your president?? Upon a your bragging so you people can come and bow to beg Buhari??

124 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by Maxymilliano(m): 2:41am On Nov 23, 2021
Treasonable felony allegations can not be easily dropped or strike out by executive fiat just like that.

Perpetrators of 2010 Independent day bomb blast are living examples.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by FreeStuffsNG: 3:00am On Nov 23, 2021
“We have separation of powers – executive, judiciary and the legislature…the judiciary can say something but if the President applies pressure on any of the sectors of governance, normally some good results would come out,” he said.
I honestly find this statement controversial. Is it not illegal for the President to put pressure on the judiciary on a serious criminal case like treason? Was it not this kind of 'pressure ' that sent the former French President, Nicolas Sarkozy, to jail?
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/government-denies-meddling-in-nicolas-sarkozy-corruption-case-583480
The President will really need to be careful with this kind of advice. It could later be used against him.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by mmanwuijele: 3:08am On Nov 23, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
I honestly find this statement controversial. Is it not illegal for the President to put pressure on the judiciary on a serious criminal case like treason? Was it not this kind of 'pressure ' that sent the former French President, Sarkozy, to jail? The President will really need to be careful with this kind of advice. It could later be used against him.

Buddy, if the man in Aso Rock doesn't step in and your FG actually sits to take MNK's case, I assure you, Nigeria will blown to oblivion. Kenya said there was no extradition order or arrest, but MNK passport shows he was in Kenya. So, what exactly is the case?

Guy, why do you think they have been adjourning the case? Postponing their doom. If extraordinary rendition was allowed, the Fans would've kidnapped Abba Kyari, Julian Assange etc.

There is no pardoning here. You can't pardon a man that did not commit any crime.

I say this:

MAZI NNAMDI OKWU KANU will be released UNCONDITIONALLY.
DSS will pay a huge sum for the treatment they out on him.
Nigeria to lose its little integrity in the eyes of the world.
Nigeria will never allow an Eastern/Southern President.
Biafra will be restored in its entirety through a staggered process!

41 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by FreeStuffsNG: 3:13am On Nov 23, 2021
mmanwuijele:

Buddy, if the man in Aso Rock doesn't step in and your FG actually sits to take MNK's case, I assure you, Nigeria will blown to oblivion. Kenya said there was no extradition order or arrest, but MNK passport shows he was in Kenya. So, what exactly is the case?

Guy, why do you think they have been adjourning the case? Postponing their doom. If extraordinary rendition was allowed, the Fans would've kidnapped Abba Kyari, Julian Assange etc.

There is no pardoning here. You can't pardon a man that did not commit any crime.

I say this:

What you wrote up there is completely different from what our Elderstatesmen of Igbo extraction canvassed in their meeting with the President. That's why the justice system should run its course sir.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by mmanwuijele: 3:22am On Nov 23, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

What you wrote up there is completely different from what our Elderstatesmen of Igbo extraction canvassed in their meeting with the President. That's why the justice system should run its course sir.

I cannot confirm or deny your statement. All I said earlier, I said from my experience and knowledge.

The people are not one. Their cultures are distinctly different. Even the brits know this. Just take a look at NL man. Just look at the way northern soldiers destroy and kill in the region.

You know it, I know it. When then, will Nigerians use their minds. Shouldn't we just split and form alliances after ( if our people want to).

Omo, Black people can sometimes be very unreasonable.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by FreeStuffsNG: 3:36am On Nov 23, 2021
mmanwuijele:

I cannot confirm or deny your statement. All I said earlier, I said from my experience and knowledge.

The people are not one. Their cultures are distinctly different. Even the brits know this. Just take a look at NL man. Just look at the way northern soldiers destroy and kill in the region.

You know it, I know it. When then, will Nigerians use their minds. Shouldn't we just split and form alliances after ( if our people want to).

Omo, Black people can sometimes be very unreasonable.
Do you still remember there's this war between Aguleri and Umuleri, both in the same state , about same time there was Ife Modakeke war and the Tiv-Jukun war. With the level of destruction witnessed those times, no one would have imagined these age long adversaries could resolve their differences some day. So what changed? They had sincere leaders and followers committed to peace.
No matter what we do, there will always be one issue or the other. Delta State has gone through 4 divisions from Western region to Midwest to Bendel now to Delta, Delta State is yet to even meet up with Edo let alone Lagos or become an Eldorado sir. Division is overrated and it's no silver bullet. Nigeria will never divide and I guarantee you that the union won't be at the whims and caprices of unstable folks or succumb to treasonable violent take over of power. Our political elite, armed and security forces are each so intricately integrated that they are a tribe on their own.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by mmanwuijele: 3:42am On Nov 23, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Do you still remember there's this war between Aguleri and Umuleri, both in the same state , about same time there was Ife Modakeke war. With the level of destruction witnessed those times, no one would have imagined these age long adversaries could resolve their differences some day. So what changed? They had sincere leaders and followers committed to peace.
No matter what we do, there will always be one issue or the other. Delta State has gone through 4 divisions from Western region to Midwest to Bendel now to Delta, Delta State is yet to even meet up with Edo let alone Lagos or become an Eldorado sir. Division is overrated and it's no silver bullet. Nigeria will never divide and I guarantee you that the union won't be at the whims and caprices of unstable folks and treasonable violent take over of power

We shall see! Onu kwuru njo g'ekwu mma.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by FreeStuffsNG: 3:48am On Nov 23, 2021
mmanwuijele:

We shall see! Onu kwuru njo g'ekwu mma.
Don't waste your time except you want to waste your precious life for nothing . Even the Nairaland that you are using to express yourself writing "we shall see" upandan , can be removed from you at the stroke of a pen just like Twitter and you're suddenly without a platform and exposed.
Please don't get carried away with the indulgence the authorities are still giving you. If you have worked with the key critical units behind our institutions you will realise why you are wasting your time. You really underestimate the power of the Nigerian government wink Sunday Igboho and Nnamdi Kanu learnt that very late and in a hard way because they are poor students of history. It's not for lack of courage that the fight for the restoration of June 12 wasn't tainted with call for secession, it was for pragmatic reasons and looking back, the Yoruba still achieved their goals.

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by bcomputer101: 4:06am On Nov 23, 2021
There's no plan to release the terrorist soon. Let him enjoy the zoo like a monkey who he is.

Jubril will reset that his detrimental brain

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by mmanwuijele: 4:45am On Nov 23, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Don't waste your time except you want to waste your precious life for nothing . Even the Nairaland that you are using to express yourself writing "we shall see" upandan , can be removed from you at the stroke of a pen just like Twitter and you're suddenly without a platform and exposed.
Please don't get carried away with the indulgence the authorities are still giving you. If you have worked with the key critical units behind our institutions you will realise why you are wasting your time. You really underestimate the power of the Nigerian government wink Sunday Igboho and Nnamdi Kanu learnt that very late and in a hard way because they are poor students of history. It's not for lack of courage that the fight for the restoration of June 12 wasn't tainted with secession, it was for pragmatic reasons and looking back, the Yoruba still achieved their goals.

Lol you know nothing about me and/or my people, but thanks for the concern.

Refer back to be comment below

mmanwuijele:

I say this:

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by Grace001: 5:00am On Nov 23, 2021
We talked to people who are familiar with the President after the meeting and they told us that from the body language of the President, he took us very seriously and we should take his promise to look into it very seriously also. We are very quite happy and I must say.
We asked the ministers and those who work with the President and we asked them what should we go home with and they said we should be hopeful and we are hopeful,” he said.

They sound confused cheesy they don’t even believe or trust Buhari, they had to ask from those who work with Buhari just to be sure they didn’t go to Aso rock only to take pictures with bubu

[img]https://media1./images/7d5b9d7341d10667f2867a892370eb28/tenor.gif?itemid=13738821[/img]

39 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by Godons1: 5:12am On Nov 23, 2021
Trash.
Nnamdi Kanu will spend the rest of his life behind Bars. No amount of Ass licking from the East will make us change our mind grin grin grin

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by JavaScript90: 5:13am On Nov 23, 2021
KANU is like a hot coal in buhari mouth. buhari better spit him out by releasing him or perish

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by Godons1: 5:17am On Nov 23, 2021
mmanwuijele:

I say this:

Rubish talk from Nnamdi Kanu's People. Shame no even dey catch una. See as una most Reverend leaders dey beg Northerners upandan, but you come here dey type wetting no get head grin grin

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by mmanwuijele: 5:21am On Nov 23, 2021
Godons1:

Rubish talk from Nnamdi Kanu's People. Shame no even dey catch una. See as una most Reverend leaders dey beg Northerners upandan, but you come here dey type wetting no get head grin grin

Ogbeni, If you like, abuse. If you like, no abuse. Biafra go rise soonest.

All this your wailing na the cries of animal wey dey draw last breath.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by Godons1: 5:22am On Nov 23, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Please don't get carried away with the indulgence the authorities are still giving you. If you have worked with the key critical units behind our institutions you will realise why you are wasting your time. You really underestimate the power of the Nigerian government wink Sunday Igboho and Nnamdi Kanu learnt that very late and in a hard way because they are poor students of history. It's not for lack of courage that the fight for the restoration of June 12 wasn't tainted with secession, it was for pragmatic reasons and looking back, the Yoruba still achieved their goals.

You dey mind those Nnamdi Kanu's supporters. Even the few Educated ones amongst them talk and reason like touts.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by Godons1: 5:26am On Nov 23, 2021
Grace001:

They sound confused cheesy they don’t even believe or trust Buhari, they had to ask from those who work with Buhari just to be sure they didn’t go to Aso rock only to take pictures with bubu

[img]https://media1./images/7d5b9d7341d10667f2867a892370eb28/tenor.gif?itemid=13738821[/img]

Biafrans are the most confused people on this Earth. They went to beg a so called "lifeless Jubril of Sudan" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by Godons1: 5:29am On Nov 23, 2021
mmanwuijele:

Ogbeni, If you like, abuse. If you like, no abuse. Biafra go rise soonest.

All this your wailing na the cries of animal wey dey draw last breath.

Between me, you and your leaders wey dey Walker upandan dey beg their Northern m*sters, na who dey wail now? grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by mmanwuijele: 5:39am On Nov 23, 2021
Godons1:

Between me, you and your leaders wey dey Walker upandan dey beg their Northern m*sters, na who dey wail almost us? grin grin grin grin

Lol you know damn well majority of those 'leaders' don't truly represent the South and the East.

If e sure for you and your cabals. Call referendum. Make we truly know wetin d masses think.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by Godons1: 5:42am On Nov 23, 2021
mmanwuijele:

Lol you know damn well majority of those 'leaders' don't truly represent the South and the East.

If e sure for you and your cabals. Call referendum. Make we truly know wetin d masses think.

Another trash talk.
Your Nnamdi Kanu will rot in Jail grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by mmanwuijele: 5:47am On Nov 23, 2021
Godons1:

Another trash talk.
Your Nnamdi Kanu will rot in Jail grin

Lmao u go grow methu.

Biafra dey come J@njaweed! Your cow no go enter our land again. Your diseased men no go smell our forest again.

Men fit consider your women tho. Guys go reason the matter for our next nyamiri meeting.

Edit: Menz don reject your women o. Dem say make I tell you sey human being and cow no dey relate..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by JaroMan: 5:51am On Nov 23, 2021
mmanwuijele:

I say this:

People don't know that Igbo Leaders have given Buhari and FG an escape route.
The case is a national embarrassment and worse is: same Buhari tried such thing with Umaru Dikko and failed.
The government is jumping at it while pretending to dragging feet.

4 Likes

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by mmanwuijele: 5:59am On Nov 23, 2021
JaroMan:

People don't know that Igbo Leaders have given Buhari and FG an escape route.
The case is a national embarrassment and worse is: same Buhari tried such thing with Umaru Dikko and failed.
The government is jumping at it while pretending to dragging feet.

So many people don't get this bro. I don't fully blame them. Many Nigerians are blind to reality.

The Sovereign State whose Immigration stamp is the last on MNK's passport has LITERALLY said officially that he was not extradited and that Nigeria acted alone. Do people know how my laws Nigeria hastily broke? I wish his case went ahead on the 10th. Its funny how they looked for any reason to adjourn it. Lmao

I still stand on my previous point that their plan was to kill him in Kenya and then flee. They failed at that and then panicked. God dey!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by IvarTheBoneless: 7:47am On Nov 23, 2021
grin grin

These guys are really idiots.

Buhari is one of those who personally participated in " 3 Million Suyalization"

He looked you in the face and called you " 5%ers and dot in circle"

Yet you believe anything he says. grin grin

Uwazuruike was right in calling you " most foolish tribe in the world"

Kanu is to Kuje Prison as Buhari is to Aso Rock. Get that into your flattened skulls!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by IvarTheBoneless: 7:47am On Nov 23, 2021
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by FastKoncept: 11:35am On Nov 23, 2021
shigishege:
So you guys can beg jubril?? I think you people said buhari is dead and he is not your president?? Upon a your bragging so you people can come and bow to beg Buhari??
Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by JosephXavier: 11:36am On Nov 23, 2021
This issue is not really going to favour the Nigerian FG and in addition to the case of EndSars

The government under Buhari has become monstrous and predatory and the sanctions Nigeria will face will be extensively damaging, even the Kenyan government

These elders are jus acting to cool down the pressure boiling out in the East for the past few months

They are just extending a hand of peace to the FG but Buhari must be answerable to ICC for all he crimes committed under his watch

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu: What Those Familiar With Buhar Told Us After Igbo Elders’ Meeting – Ezeife by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:36am On Nov 23, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://punchng.com/kanu-what-those-familiar-with-buhari-told-us-after-igbo-elders-meeting-ezeife/
And it is still called separation of powers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Offers $23m For Boko-Haram Leader, Shekau, 4 Others / Bukola Saraki Yet To Speak With Iyiola Omisore-Dele Momodu / Buhari: I Read It In Newspapers That Boko Haram Still Controls Some Territories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.