Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? (8366 Views)

Jesus Christ Is The Messiah! Follow Him! / Atiku: Tunde Bakare's Prophecy About Messiah From Adamawa In 2002 / 2019: Nigeria’s Messiah Will Come From North - Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 12:35am On Jan 26, 2022
sonmvayina:
I know there can be stories within stories.. I expect you to tell me what Jesus temptation means
Teach me the messages in the story and how it will be beneficial to me. Not quoting mythical creatures..

Comprende?

Why? Of what benefit to me is your learning?

I'm happy with how you are sonm, but if you want to be taught, either pay for it or deserve it. No one here owes you an education!
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 10:45am On Jan 26, 2022
budaatum:

Why? Of what benefit to me is your learning?

I'm happy with how you are sonm, but if you want to be taught, either pay for it or deserve it. No one here owes you an education!

Is this another way of saying "I don't know"?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 10:50am On Jan 26, 2022
budaatum:

Is it true that a tortoise told all the animals to call him "All of Us"? Do you throw your Things Fall Apart in the dustbin because it isn't?

Fact is, if all you see in Harry Potter is whether "Dambuldore is the greatest sorcerer in the world in chamber of secrets" is true or not, I guess you learnt nothing from Harry Porter just as you learn nothing from reading in general, I suppose.

Your missing the whole point and confusing your self. And falling on your own sword,.
I am saying tell me the message in the story, what do I need to take from the entire story. I know okonkwo is a character created by chinua Achebe. But you quoting the words of okonkwo as if he is real is where I find you culpable...

That is my point. I read things fall apart and learn the message in the story. I don't go about quoting Okonkwo like he is an actual historical figure. He is not. Same as Jesus. He is not a historical figure. Tell me why I should read the gospel story . That is all I want from you. Stop quoting Jesus as if he is real. He is not real he is a character created by Mark.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 11:07am On Jan 26, 2022
bobestman:

Why do you ask if it's possible?
Is their anything impossible with Sovereign God?
If Scientists can take a seed from a man and implant in a woman and later she conceive
If people can go to water goddesses for children and get their heart desires
If witches and wizards can do that spiritually
Even today some ladies can have s3x in dreams and become pregnant physically. People can have bad dreams and it can affect them phsically. The Spiritual controls the Physical. We are in a wicked world ruled by wicked Spirits . There is nothing they can't do.
In the Torah it was written that sons of God (fallen Angels) made mortal women pregnant and planted a corruptible seed in them - bloodline of the wicked one.
If all these are possible, can't a Sovereign God and Creator of heaven and earth bring about His own pure bloodline of incorruptible seeds?
Immaculate Conception is very possible. People can choose whatever they want to believe. What we know is that the person they call Jesus is not a pink man. He is an Afara. A black African. A NEGUS. The name Jesus has no meaning. His true name is in all your African tongues for they are the first children and from them came the Messiah

Like I always tell you all
All your Religions are all corruptions of a true and lost /forgoten Way. And
that Way will be reinstalled when all is said and done. It will swallow all your Religions. That Way is the first which shall also be the last and the only one standing when all is said and done. Whether they be Christians, Islam or Judaism, they are from one source and all are sitting on the same line on the top of a high fence waiting to fall. The truth will destroy all your Religions cos they all are founded on lies and bloodshed.

When did God say he was going to impregnate another man's wife with his seed in the old testament?

He has already told us what to do to solve the problem of sin in 2nd Chronicles 7:14.

He does not even accept human sacrifice. It is an abomination. So is it not possible that the God of Jesus is one of those demons you mentioned.?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 1:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
sonmvayina:

Your missing the whole point and confusing your self. And falling on your own sword,.
I am saying tell me the message in the story, what do I need to take from the entire story. I know okonkwo is a character created by chinua Achebe. But you quoting the words of okonkwo as if he is real is where I find you culpable...
How can I be "quoting the words of okonkwo as if he is real"? Is it not just simply true that I quote the words that Chinua Achebe wrote in a real book that does exist?

sonmvayina:
That is my point. I read things fall apart and learn the message in the story. I don't go about quoting Okonkwo like he is an actual historical figure. He is not.
You can't quote Okonkwo because Okonkwo never wrote anything for you to quote. You could of course quote from Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart just as some quote from a book called the Holy Bible as opposed to Jesus you seem to think they quote.

sonmvayina:
Tell me why I should read the gospel story . That is all I want from you.
Why should anyone tell you why you should read the gospels? Will I profit from a reduction in your ignorance?

As I said, no one owes you an education. Either pay for your education or make your self worthy of being taught. Currently, your lack of knowledge is most appropriate and deserving. Please do not read the Gospel stories.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 1:27pm On Jan 26, 2022
sonmvayina:

Is this another way of saying "I don't know"?

If that's what it says to you. After all, you have shown you lack the ability to comprehend the ancient written word so why should you be expected to understand the words written by your own peers?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 3:22am On Jan 27, 2022
sonmvayina:

What is the nature of God?

You are just a kid fascinated about a concept that is way over you.

All you do is to quote scriptures without the slightest idea of the information contained therin.

You have a lot to learn, so that you go from believing to knowing...

Safe journey..

Mtcheeeeew! Ihe efu!
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 3:30am On Jan 27, 2022
budaatum:

buda does not believe, period.

You need to learn to tell yourself the truth, which is that you yourself do not believe in the "Creator of heaven and earth". What you believe is the book you read about a "Creator of heaven and earth".

You are the believer so you tell me what it means to you to believe in the Creator.

For me though, it would mean one does not quite know about the Creator so they merely believe instead off asking and knocking and seeking so they may know.

You can tell such people by their fruits. They'd believe they are righteous even while not loving their fellow human being and neighbours just because their neighbour does not believe what they chose to believe.

I believe in YAH Almighty, the Creator of the heavens, the earth, the seas and everything in them. I believe in the Word of YHVH El Shaddai.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2022
elated177:

I believe in YAH Almighty, the Creator of the heavens, the earth, the seas and everything in them. I believe in the Word of YHVH El Shaddai.

Glad to know. Hopefully you'd someday evolve from mere believing, to understanding and then perhaps doing. Then might you learn to love your fellow human beings regardless of their religion instead of making false claims about them.

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 8:30pm On Jan 27, 2022
budaatum:

Glad to know. Hopefully you'd someday evolve from mere believing, to understanding and then perhaps doing. Then might you learn to love your fellow human beings regardless of their religion instead of making false claims about them.

Mtcheeeeew!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 11:07pm On Feb 05, 2022
We are all in agreement..Jesus is not the Jewish Messiah. Well but you all can worship him.

It is allowed but not profitable...
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by killyaselfie: 2:46am On Feb 06, 2022
sonmvayina:
We are all in agreement..Jesus is not the Jewish Messiah. Well but you all can worship him.

It is allowed but not profitable...

It is very profitable. Have you seen Oyedepo or the Catholic Church?!
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 2:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
killyaselfie:

It is very profitable. Have you seen Oyedepo or the Catholic Church?!

More money in their pockets..

But oyedepos time has almost come, and there would be serious in fighting in his church..
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Kobojunkie: 2:20am On Aug 07, 2022
AntiChristian:
Shebi your Jesus sent his disciple to take someone's donkey without prior permission just to fulfill a prophecy?
Why wasn't he called a thief? Though shall not covet your neighbors property Abi wetin be that commandment? It was not proven that Muhammad stole anything but Jesus matter is clear!
Open your eyes and read the stories for yourselves so you don't keep coming up just as ignorant as those you like to pretend you assault on here. undecided
1 Jesus and his followers were coming closer to Jerusalem. They came to the towns of Bethphage and Bethany at the Mount of Olives. There Jesus sent two of his followers to do something.
2 He said to them, “Go to the town you can see there. When you enter it, you will find a young donkey that no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here to me.
3 If anyone asks you why you are taking the donkey, tell them, ‘The Master needs it. He will send it back soon.’”
4 The followers went into the town. They found a young donkey tied in the street near the door of a house, and they untied it.
5 Some people were standing there and saw this. They asked, “What are you doing? Why are you untying that donkey?”
6 The followers answered the way Jesus told them, and the people let them take the donkey. - Mark 11 vs 1 - 6
The donkeys were not stolen, as you can see above. The followers of Jesus Christ followed Jesus Christ's exact commands and came back with the donkeys and there were people who saw them take the donkeys. undecided
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by AntiChristian: 5:04am On Aug 07, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Open your eyes and read the stories for yourselves so you don't keep coming up just as ignorant as those you like to pretend you assault on here. undecided
The donkeys were not stolen, as you can see above. The followers of Jesus Christ followed Jesus Christ's exact commands and came back with the donkeys and there were people who saw them take the donkeys. undecided

What stops him from first taking permission before taking someone's property?

Yeah, i agree a command was followed but try that same command today. Enter someone's property an take their things before seeking their permission!

You'll then see their reaction!
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Kobojunkie: 5:08am On Aug 07, 2022
AntiChristian:
What stops him from first taking permission before taking someone's property?
Yeah, i agree a command was followed but try that same command today. Enter someone's property an take their things before seeking their permission!
You'll then see their reaction!
Not everyone in the world subscribes to the same rule of etiquette you seem to hold to so dearly there. undecided

For one, Jesus Christ wasn't just any man and so the command He gave worked because of who He is, and had nothing to do with the times in which He lived. If He had shown up today, and given the same commandment, the very same would have happened. undecided
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by AntiChristian: 5:45am On Aug 07, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Not everyone in the world subscribes to the same rule of etiquette you seem to hold to so dearly there. undecided

For one, Jesus Christ wasn't just any man and so the command He gave worked because of who He is, and had nothing to do with the times in which He lived. If He had shown up today, and given the same commandment, the very same would have happened. undecided

Ehn ehn so that very act of taking possession of someone's property before seeking permission is condemnable!

Invasion of privacy!
Breaking and entering!
Theft!
Amongst others!
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Kobojunkie: 11:22am On Aug 07, 2022
AntiChristian:
Ehn ehn so that very act of taking possession of someone's property before seeking permission is condemnable!

Invasion of privacy!
Breaking and entering!
Theft!
Amongst others
!
Well, again, all you listed above were condemnable even by death at the time Jesus Christ gave the command to His disciples. We don't know what and if arrangements had existed for Him to have given the command as He did. So I am not certain what you are wailing about. The fact remains the donkies were not stolen. undecided
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by AntiChristian: 10:22am On Aug 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Well, again, all you listed above were condemnable even by death at the time Jesus Christ gave the command to His disciples. We don't know what and if arrangements had existed for Him to have given the command as He did. So I am not certain what you are wailing about. The fact remains the donkies were not stolen. undecided

Stealing is not corruption kinda!
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Kobojunkie: 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2022
AntiChristian:

Stealing is not corruption kinda!
Again, the Donkies were not stolen . undecided
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by AntiChristian: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, the Donkies were not stolen . undecided

Yeah! Tell me it was rightfully taken with permission!
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Kobojunkie: 1:10pm On Aug 09, 2022
AntiChristian:
Yeah! Tell me it was rightfully taken with permission!
The passage from Mark 11 vs 1 - 6 more than explains that even that requirement was well met. But somehow you don't want to accept that because you somehow believe it had to be done according to your way for it to suffice. undecided
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by AntiChristian: 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The passage from Mark 11 vs 1 - 6 more than explains that even that requirement was well met. But somehow you don't want to accept that because you somehow believe it had to be done according to your way for it to suffice. undecided
See the verse below!

As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage and Bethany at the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two of his disciples, 2 saying to them, “Go to the village ahead of you, and just as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. 3 If anyone asks you, ‘Why are you doing this?’ say, ‘The Lord needs it and will send it back here shortly.’”

4 They went and found a colt outside in the street, tied at a doorway. As they untied it, 5 some people standing there asked, “What are you doing, untying that colt?” 6 They answered as Jesus had told them to, and the people let them go.

Jesus told them to take possession of other's property without prior consent!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Kobojunkie: 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2022
AntiChristian:
See the verse below!

As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage and Bethany at the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two of his disciples, 2 saying to them, “Go to the village ahead of you, and just as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. 3 If anyone asks you, ‘Why are you doing this?’ say, ‘The Lord needs it and will send it back here shortly.’”

4 They went and found a colt outside in the street, tied at a doorway. As they untied it, 5 some people standing there asked, “What are you doing, untying that colt?” 6 They answered as Jesus had told them to, and the people let them go.

Jesus told them to take possession of other's property without prior consent!
Again... The passage from Mark 11 vs 1 - 6 more than explains that even that requirement was well met. But somehow you don't want to accept that because you somehow believe it had to be done according to your way for it to suffice. undecided

His disciples are written to have met been met by people who questioned there taking of the donkeys to whom they repeated what Jesus Christ said. And they were not stopped from taking the donkeys after that meaning permission was taken care of.. undecided
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 9:06pm On Jul 04, 2023
sonmvayina:

Jesus would have to exist first, don't you think so?
Absolutely not! Just as Marduk and Tiamat did not exist yet we learn what we can about and from them.

sonmvayina:
God is just a fancy world for the universe .....lol.
Can't argue with your opinion. It's been held by many in the past and will continue to be seen as such by many far into the future.

sonmvayina:
This is marduk, with the universe as his garments...
Have you read Robert Graves? I think he is essential in understanding myths considering he listed so many.

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2023
budaatum:

Absolutely not! Just as Marduk and Tiamat did not exist yet we learn what we can about and from them.

Can't argue with your opinion. It's been held by many in the past and will continue to be seen as such by many far into the future.

Have you read Robert Graves? I think he is essential in understanding myths considering he listed so many.

That would be considered..

Don't really matter whether the figure existed or not, just learn the message in the story.
I agree with you...

Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 9:52pm On Jul 04, 2023
sonmvayina:

That would be considered..

Don't really matter whether the figure existed or not, just learn the message in the story.
I agree with you...
Ok

I so love how Jesus conducted himself in public and how he thought and reasons. And to be honest, it would be odd if a book reader like me did not admire Jesus and find something to learn from him.

I prefer Buddha because he is not a Messiah come to save anyone but preached "get off your ass and save yourself", which I consider fairer since I can't really expect anyone to die for me, which makes me think of backward and barbaric human sacrifice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG8WqEyXIyc
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 10:56am On Jul 05, 2023
budaatum:

I so love how Jesus conducted himself in public and how he thought and reasons. And to be honest, it would be odd if a book reader like me did not admire Jesus and find something to learn from him.

I prefer Buddha because he is not a Messiah come to save anyone but preached "get off your ass and save yourself", which I consider fairer since I can't really expect anyone to die for me, which makes me think of backward and barbaric human sacrifice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG8WqEyXIyc

Your talking with both sides of your mouth now...

E go land
E go land

Nah him laba laba take dey enter bush..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 11:45am On Jul 05, 2023
sonmvayina:

Your talking with both sides of your mouth now...

E go land
E go land

Nah him laba laba take dey enter bush..

I don't understand what you mean by "talking with both sides of your mouth", sonmvayina. Care to explain please?

You've been here long enough to have noticed that the mouth of buda has many more sides than just 2.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2023
budaatum:

I don't understand what you mean by "talking with both sides of your mouth", sonmvayina. Care to explain please?

You've been here long enough to have noticed that the mouth of buda has many more sides than just 2.

Piss for one place make them see the foam...
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 10:16pm On Jul 05, 2023
sonmvayina:

Piss for one place make them see the foam...

I don't piss in public, and I doubt anyone is interested in the foam from my piss.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 8:39am On Jul 06, 2023
budaatum:

I don't piss in public, and I doubt anyone is interested in the foam from my piss.

Are you are dummy?(question mark)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Real Testimonies Of Gods Power And Existence. Aitheists Come And Read. / Living The Fasted Life / Could Prophet Mohammed Truly Be A God-sent? Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.