Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) (45783 Views)

Say Something About This Generator. / Did This Generator Cause You Any Harm / I Need An Engineer For This Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by generalwo(m): 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
This gen gives you light but takes away something much more.... Safe to say this gen is from the devil... It gives you one thing and MUST take away another

10 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by NoGirlfriend: 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2021
tillaman:
shocked
I am left handed so it was hard getting this lister to start but with time I understood the trick but you see the day that roller hit my dad on his knee baba sat down on the floor I no fit laugh ooo, i don warn am but that Crazy afternoon was humbling for my pops, baba no gree look my face I come dey pity am say see my Superman o
that was the last time he touched the lister, ours was so powerful that it powers our electric iron that year, 2007 or there about
laff wan finish me

1 Like

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by jrusky(m): 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
Explorers:
Dad bought/installed it in 2000, but removed it when i gained admissions in 2006.

Nobody to start it.

Mind you, this isn't the type of gen you use when NEPA is doing the on/off, on/off, on/off wahala.

Once Nepa brings light, you need to take your time and be sure you really want to shut down the engine.

Once you shut it down and NEPA off the light again, that's it, till another Day.

My hostels landlord in Unad/Eksu also bought this lister engine from one nearby block industry(used).

He also bought alternator with it to power the hostel(Gmath).

After the installation, i was feeling big thinking i can start it just because we have at home.

This one is special, it takes atleast 3-5 guys to start the engine, you whine, whine, bleed fuel, and whine again till you're exhausted and next guys takes turn before you can start it.

We used it for like 1session 07/08 before we abandoned the gen.

Throughout that period, only one guy could start it alone in a hostel of almost 80rooms and 30 guys.

The guy will go somewhere to weed first then come back to start whining.

Your last paragraph funny. Bro weed na bad long thing I swear. D kind strenght dat tin dey generate bro no b here at all.

6 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by KillAlabi2021(m): 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
Knows:
Na choke I deh help my guy deh put. Who born me to whine ds monster?

Choke holder

You go sabi bleepp well well
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by TheTourist: 4:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
Na wetin de still dey use for my factory like this angry grin
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by ogundeleai(m): 4:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
I have it installed in the year 1997 and till date we still using it to generate power with the alternator..
Very economical to maintain until recently when the parts are on the high side.
There's no famous Lister model in the making however IMEX is still making waves..
The price hitherto on the high side because if it's multipurpose function but recently the block makers now look other way round after introduction of petrol power moles since diesel continues to go on top of the roof base on price..

2 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Rolly22(m): 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
Omicron007:
shocked

While this Generator brings back memories, it is worthy of note that this Gen contributed to my 'Mastery of Pull Out Game'.

As you roll the starter with the other hand on the choke. You are intentional. You are alert and carefully waiting for the engine to pick.
Once you sense that the engine has picked, in split seconds you withdraw the starter while the other hand might have shifted the choke.

It sounds simple but it takes a lot of tenacity and constant practice to become familiar, otherwise you might end up sustaining varying degrees of injury to the jaw, head and legs.

Years later, I realised that the skill I have learnt in mastering the famed Lister Generator is not wasted.

I can confidently say that I have mastered the art of pulling out when shagging my concubines.

Operating the Lister Generator is analogous to banging a lady.
You must be intentional. When I decide not to pour my Akamu, then I rely on the principles of the operation of the Lister Generator.

After intense pre-intimacy, the stage is set. The puccy well lubricated and dripping wet. I dive in with full force and start thrusting in and out like the pistons in the Lister Generator.
As I derive maximum pleasure up to the point that my hair stands, I still don't lose focus. My long curved deek is simply the starter and I am careful with it's operation.

The banging continues till a point when it seems as though something cold drops in my brain. At this point, the stakes are high. The deek wants to get to the bottom of the VeeJay but this is the point you need it out!
So you have to time it perfectly. As you feel the akamu moving through your deek, you strategically time it and pull out. You may empty it on her face for more protein benefits.

The Lister Generator is legendary!

Your comment is Legendary, Lwkmd grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by adedayourt(m): 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
This gen killed a man on my street, the man has a welding workshop with plenty of apprentice, the man wanted to go put it on one day, he was wearing a babariga (old agbada).

while whinning the handle got tangled with his babariga lifted him up and slammed up on the floor.

He was rescued but he did n ot survive the accident

3 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by KillAlabi2021(m): 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2021
siofra:
What the hell is that?? cheesy

No be peniz

So you can't know tongue

1 Like

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by africanman85: 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2021
I can't forget this Gen. It was sold to us by one Anambra man. This Gen nearly killed me. It collected the starter handle called winer then and flung it miles away. Thank God it didn't hit anyone. It has something on top called Choke that u need to move forward grin

4 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by NoGirlfriend: 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2021
dis lister sha! its wickedness is the combination of boko haram, bandits and Fulani herdsmen. thank God say na my senior bro dey always start am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by TheManOfTheYear: 4:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
oz4real83:
The person who invented this "lister generator" design should be added to the list of "serial wounders or injurers" grin. Starting this generator, no matter how experienced you are, should never be taken carelessly. You can lose your eyes, teeth and any part of the body if u are not careful grin
Lol, I started this generator for good seven years in my home, I never got injured but yeah what you said is true.
You just have to be on alert when starting it and it can be very frustrating when it refuses to start, you would just keep on whining it until you lose your breath.

Very powerful gen nonetheless, the tin dey carry our two cold rooms that year.

6 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by KingAzari: 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2021
This gen that year... i dey wear helmet and leg protector made with wood to start am. One girl wey be tomboy for area then, the thing strike this babe for knee she cry like woman and female that day.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by sharpwriter(m): 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2021
MidaserveNG:
Waa gbayi !!
A friend once had the Generator. One night while in use, it drove itself down from Gen House to Owner's House like the "Dancing Palm Tree" grin

Sadly, Highly Unrecommended sad

Not safe for under 18

Lolz.... how come? cheesy I think it wasn't well planted. You know that they don't even call it generator then, it is called PLANT.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by BabaIbo: 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2021
suffering:
I came across this contraption for the first time last year. It looked strange and didn’t surprise me that it was manually operated. We Nigerians love when suffering is attached to the simplest of actions. I assumed it was all about strength of which I possessed heaps. No, it was based on technique which I later found out after performing multiple sets of revolutions. Finally we got it to start and, for my hard work, was rewarded with exercise-pumped biceps. Anybody who owns this generator or contraption from hell is on his own. Tiger generators are only twelve thousand naira in this day and time.

Tiger gen 12k?

Where can i get 5 pieces, please?

4 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Geniero: 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2021
Back then at uni off campus lodge. Na only guys wey smoke weed and gym all day fit start lister. I traveled home and met my father installed one, based on experience, starting it was not a problem, Gen still de house till date but everbody don comot house live PA and MA.
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by kenny714433(m): 4:40pm On Dec 01, 2021
cheesy

This chariot of Pharaoh
Those that used to grind cassava and palm fruits can attest to it.

If you don't whine it to the highest before putting the power, it recoils back.

If you whine it faster, you must be 2x faster to remove the starter else na atomic bomb you activate so.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by blowjohn(m): 4:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
This gen injured my dad's arm and I had to drive him from ikotakpasia to uyo hospital about 15 + years ago or less.
Was my first time driving An automatic vehicle for such a distance and it was around midnight.

I was the only one that cud drive the auto back then in out village home cos my uncle wasn't around and my other uncle's could not drive.

This gen should be banned .
It's a very dangerous machine.
It always looked like the parts will scatter and project in all directions when it's starting.

5 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Rolly22(m): 4:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
KingAzari:
This gen that year... i dey wear helmet and leg protector made with wood to start am. One girl wey be tomboy for area then, the thing strike this babe for knee she cry like woman and female that day.

It Flung out the boy in her grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by uptownemmygee(m): 4:44pm On Dec 01, 2021
This lister can carry anything, I remember our neighbour mama akin That share fence with us has this same generator, omor nah so my broz them tap the light follow underground, one fateful day like this akin was battling with the lister nah so the whiner fly comot go hit my broz for head for the nkoro wey him and some friends dey kpoli, only the interference of God nah him make my broz no run mental

3 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by topiredo: 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2021
Explorers:
Dad bought/installed it in 2000, but removed it when i gained admissions in 2006.

Nobody to start it.

Mind you, this isn't the type of gen you use when NEPA is doing the on/off, on/off, on/off wahala.

Once Nepa brings light, you need to take your time and be sure you really want to shut down the engine.

Once you shut it down and NEPA off the light again, that's it, till another Day.

My hostels landlord in Unad/Eksu also bought this lister engine from one nearby block industry(used).

After the installation, i was feeling big thinking i can start it just because we have at home.

This one is special, it takes atleast 3-5 guys to start the engine, you whine, whine, bleed fuel, and whine again till you're exhausted and next guys takes turn before you can start it.

Throughout that period, only one guy could start it alone in a hostel of almost 80rooms and 30 guys.

Please I will love to know who you are bro because I also stayed in GMaths hostel. Adura no try at all for that hostel.
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Bahwa: 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2021
That year
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by ablejesus26(m): 4:47pm On Dec 01, 2021
Because of this evil gen I left my uncle's house that year
after this evil thing almost remove my jaw
The next day my uncle asked me to go and put it on
I no know when I rather die comot from my mouth��

10 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Born2Breed(f): 4:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
I know this thing killed one engineer at a TV station in Benin then.

I never knew it was so difficult or risky to turn on but I always dislike the noise.

2 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Olam09(m): 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2021
Explorers:
Lister multipurpose diesel engine.

Buy and attach to alternator with two drums filled with water(Hot&Cold water).

Do not move closer to this engine if you're wearing agbada or Tie.

To start, you need to roll with one hand and the other hand on the choke at the same time.

When you roll fast enough, shift the choke and it picks.

When hear the pick sound with vibration, 'gba gba gba gba' remove the starter/roller.

Failure to do so, RUN.

Some people self still dey use am for this century

1 Like

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Mogul750: 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2021
grin grin omo my uncle own hard eeh, i no dey even near there
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Bahamas95(m): 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2021
I start it almost everyday.

It's not that difficult to start if you know the technique.....The only time it's problematic to start is if it cuts gas.
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by BABANGBALI: 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2021
Na dat kind generator Seun dey use power nairaland o. Him get roster for people wey dey on am. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays na lalasticlala, Thursdays and Fridays na mynd44, while is on duty on Saturdays and Sundays

5 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by enirock(m): 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
When I was younger, when we go to the cassava mill to process our cassava to make garri flakes, if the womans child is not around, we had to do it. This monstrosity is suffering personified. You go roll and roll and click yet if you no roll enough, e no go start. This thing no be lister oo, na way of exercising uselessly.

2 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by emerged01(m): 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2021
No one can pay me to start this generator. I dey hide when I dey where dem start am.
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by koyeni(m): 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
Explorers:

Nobody to start it.

Very funny
This thing been kill many people in early 2000
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by adioolayi(m): 5:09pm On Dec 01, 2021
This one for the expert...even at that, no matter the numbers of years you have been starting this generator without any mishaps....Don't ever take precautions for granted....This Generator can shock you anytime you lose guard.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's This Light Travelling In The Sky? (photo) / Residents Gather As Elephants Are Spotted In Kebbi. See What Happened. Photos / Nigerian Man Makes Crocodile Out Of Plastic Wastes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.