Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) (45779 Views)

Say Something About This Generator. / Did This Generator Cause You Any Harm / I Need An Engineer For This Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by tunize(m): 7:58pm On Dec 01, 2021
Lister wahala something remember the day I turn am nor turn am well almost dislocated my hand
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Nigeriaismine: 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2021
Omo no be small thing o

I could remember when I was still in primary school, I used to go to my uncle's welding shop during the holidays.

After seeing how my uncle always struggles to start it, sometimes I beg my Uncle to allow me to try it, he always refused and warned not to near the monster.

One faithful day, there's was no much work, I begged him to teach me how to start it and he laughed telling me that it's like I never know what the plant can do to people.

He told me to use the starter to whine it while he engage the choke, omo if you see what the thing did to me ehh na run I run o and I never returned to the shop again.

What saved me was that he engaged the choke and off it immediately sensing the danger, he wanted to teach me a lesson.

Thinking of it now, I blame my uncle for letting me touch the plant because I was under 12 or so that time. Very dangerous Generator!

2 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Goldbw122(m): 8:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
I have one at home, very powerful generator, I usually put oil on the roller so that it will slip easy out, I never reach to die abeg. cheesy grin grin I hear the generator kill one man that was wearing abada it was funny but the man is dead.. too bad.

1 Like

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Prosper91(m): 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
Since I small o dey start am till today inside our oil mill
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Vince77(m): 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
It's surprising that people are afraid of this Engine. I used to start it like several times a day without any single issue or fear of anything because I understand the engine very well..
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by WarriFirstBorn(m): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2021
Na for this generator most of us take learn "withdrawal skill". If you don't pull out the starter on time, na to play that undertakers burial song for you be that.

1 Like

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by DGascon: 10:45pm On Dec 01, 2021
Depends on the load you are placing on it. For small loads and reduced choke, the sound is tum_tum_tum_tum.

Its still in use in so many welding workshops and mills. Especially mills where belts are used to convey torque

spinna:
Wuapapapapa.. thats the sound it makes..you must pull the starter out immediately it picks or else danger dey
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by larrypourl(m): 10:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
fortune1894:
Will never forget this Gen back then ours was either Imec or Emec I can’t really remember the product now but when it’s getting old the light go just Dey shake small small

It was IMEX and the best product that year.

1 Like

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by larrypourl(m): 10:53pm On Dec 01, 2021
Explorers:

Another thing about the Lister is, if is new, starting/whining is light and easy. The only issue will be removing the starter.

The older it becomes, the harder and hearvier the starting.

Lalasticlala Mynd44

I used to oil the starter and d engine side to be used, once that's done, removing was easy. Never had issues with it.

3 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by alexandakin(m): 11:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
We used to own one in our house, my dad bought it in 2003 with a 7.5kw alternator, this guy serves us so well, still runs till date.

One day the winer hit my left knee after it has picked I sat there looking at the it.

My dad ensures there is oil in the crankcase water in the drums and diesel in the tank. He only allows us to use it for 3hrs per day and that's all till the next day.

When he travels we run the gen for over 12hrs and everything was cool with the bad guy, we even mixed the diesel with kerosene as kero was cheaper for we boys then. 2:1

My brother is the NEPA of the house now, what he says is final.

3 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by alexandakin(m): 11:08pm On Dec 01, 2021
larrypourl:

I used to oil the starter and d engine side to be used, once that's done, removing was easy. Never had issues with it.

Later understood the oil trick, once it starts it will remove easily if the shaft is lubricated.

1 Like

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by justjify(m): 11:14pm On Dec 01, 2021
This gen is only for those with good withdrawal technique
YOu Garrit? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by alexandakin(m): 11:26pm On Dec 01, 2021
justjify:
This gen is only for those with good withdrawal technique
YOu Garrit? grin grin grin
If you don't Gerrit forget abourit

1 Like

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by alexandakin(m): 11:27pm On Dec 01, 2021
Read all comments and mine it was really nostalgic, we will start it this Christmas again after a very long time.

Family time
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
This wicked gen. Luckily it never injured me till we sold it, the gen can power an entire building even with AC On. But if you never chop no near this gen oh, if you dont know withdrawal method sorry is your name.
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by suffering: 11:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
BabaIbo:

Tiger gen 12k?

Where can i get 5 pieces, please?
I'm likely out of touch. My point is Tiger generators are not so expensive.
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Cutezt(m): 12:25am On Dec 02, 2021
My dog has been looking at me like a mad man for laughing hysterically on my own. Very funny thread.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by UncletC: 7:41am On Dec 02, 2021
I never had issues using this master piece, it needs technical intelligence to start it,
listen to the sound and the rolling, when it starts, just simply stop whining and pull pull out the whinner or starter towards you
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by larrybabanla(m): 10:38am On Dec 02, 2021
seanwilliam:

Lol. Before I sabi whine that devil , bro , I almost die. Na him dem Dey use at my last place of work . Infact , if I share my experience u laugh tire.

I almost left the job cos of the gen , cos if you one start am after hours of not being used , na war. If the whine comot and hit you for kneel , my brother forget you’re gone grin
if diesel finish before topping it, another gbege
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by imran90(m): 10:57am On Dec 02, 2021
My dad went to his filling station for inspection that day, He mistakenly entered the generator room with his agbada embarassed . That's how this beast hold my pap for ground o. He survived after the agbada turn rag, broken ankle and neck with a lot of brushes for body. My brother and other employees were outside talking not knowing that my dad his half way to heaven, it was someone who came to buy fuel that saw him crawling out of the generator room.

2 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by samdolad(m): 11:03am On Dec 02, 2021
GlorifiedTunde:
I thank God the period of time I handled this gen, e no collect my body parts!

This gen is madt!!!

It's a simple skill to be mastered: once you wind it and it starts, just turn the arm anticlockwise. If you don't, chai ....
na so, you be professional, if u continue rolling once the gen has started, na God hand you dey o

2 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by 234GT(m): 3:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
We had one then in the 90s.
Good old lister.
You have to eat well before winning it.
My father later sold it to a block maker.
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Misternas89(m): 10:08am On Dec 04, 2021
KingAzari:
This gen that year... i dey wear helmet and leg protector made with wood to start am. One girl wey be tomboy for area then, the thing strike this babe for knee she cry like woman and female that day.
King I swear to God I laff to this tomboy part. She cry sotey, she switched to her default gender “f” straight.

1 Like

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Misternas89(m): 10:13am On Dec 04, 2021
ablejesus26:
Because of this evil gen I left my uncle's house that year
after this evil thing almost remove my jaw
The next day my uncle asked me to go and put it on
I no know when I rather die comot from my mouth��

I just dey laff like small Pikin to this. Ur uncle na evil man. He no know say u dey injured the previous day??
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Misternas89(m): 11:25am On Dec 04, 2021
imran90:
My dad went to his filling station for inspection that day, He mistakenly entered the generator room with his agbada embarassed . That's how this beast hold my pap for ground o. He survived after the agbada turn rag, broken ankle and neck with a lot of brushes for body. My brother and other employees were outside talking not knowing that my dad his half way to heaven, it was someone who came to buy fuel that saw him crawling out of the generator room.
Wetin una wan gain if person die of laughter gan sef grin cheesy. Imagine one bad eyes ur pop go take look ur brother and everyone that day.

1 Like

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by ablejesus26(m): 11:28am On Dec 04, 2021
Misternas89:

I just dey laff like small Pikin to this. Ur uncle na evil man. He no know say u dey injured the previous day??

I no even bold go near the evil gen sad
when I see se him wan dey disturb me with the gen wey wan kill me issue
I just carry my bag relocate to my friend side that year was when I just arrived lagos
make gen no go kill me na hustle I come hustle abeg grin grin
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by PlaysNigeria: 12:16pm On Dec 04, 2021
The day the starter of this extreme generator blew someone's brains out in a bakery, that day I knew some inventions are half evil.
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Misternas89(m): 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
ablejesus26:

I no even bold go near the evil gen sad
when I see se him wan dey disturb me with the gen wey wan kill me issue
I just carry my bag relocate to my friend side that year was when I just arrived lagos
make gen no go kill me na hustle I come hustle abeg grin grin
Hahahahaha. Maybe the gen don do am some strong things b4 ur arrival, he wan come shift responsibility give you. Thanks for the laff once again jare
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by LegendPV: 2:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
this thing nearly collect my knee cap that year.... the painful thing is u go later come silent de look the generator in confusion and pain and without knowing How To retaliate the oppression

omo if Lister start and u never remove the starter....
just Run, as in Run.. only return when u hear loud bang ...e get why...

that choke and oiling thing no de always work Sha

1 Like

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by alexandakin(m): 1:34pm On Jan 01, 2022
Still run perfectly

3 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by clintino700(m): 3:58pm On Jan 26, 2022
Exactly, you sabi grin
fortune1894:
Will never forget this Gen back then ours was either Imec or Emec I can’t really remember the product now but when it’s getting old the light go just Dey shake small small
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by VicM6: 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2022
gen wey be say if baba suliya wan start am back then, him dey alwys ask God for his forgiveness....bcus the man be knw say if that gen no kill him then na him go kill the gen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's This Light Travelling In The Sky? (photo) / Residents Gather As Elephants Are Spotted In Kebbi. See What Happened. Photos / Nigerian Man Makes Crocodile Out Of Plastic Wastes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.