Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,678 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) (45786 Views)

Say Something About This Generator. / Did This Generator Cause You Any Harm / I Need An Engineer For This Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by VoidLoop: 9:52pm On Nov 25, 2021
That gen is for the strong hearted

4 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by ComputerOperato: 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2021
I was the only one (asides the driver) that can start it back then.

That gen is terrible.

Modified!
So Explorers, you graduated from UNAD/EKSU?

6 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Omicron007: 10:36pm On Nov 25, 2021
shocked

While this Generator brings back memories, it is worthy of note that this Gen contributed to my 'Mastery of Pull Out Game'.

As you roll the starter with the other hand on the choke. You are intentional. You are alert and carefully waiting for the engine to pick.
Once you sense that the engine has picked, in split seconds you withdraw the starter while the other hand might have shifted the choke.

It sounds simple but it takes a lot of tenacity and constant practice to become familiar, otherwise you might end up sustaining varying degrees of injury to the jaw, head and legs.

Years later, I realised that the skill I have learnt in mastering the famed Lister Generator is not wasted.

I can confidently say that I have mastered the art of pulling out when shagging my concubines.

Operating the Lister Generator is analogous to banging a lady.
You must be intentional. When I decide not to pour my Akamu, then I rely on the principles of the operation of the Lister Generator.

After intense pre-intimacy, the stage is set. The puccy well lubricated and dripping wet. I dive in with full force and start thrusting in and out like the pistons in the Lister Generator.
As I derive maximum pleasure up to the point that my hair stands, I still don't lose focus. My long curved deek is simply the starter and I am careful with it's operation.

The banging continues till a point when it seems as though something cold drops in my brain. At this point, the stakes are high. The deek wants to get to the bottom of the VeeJay but this is the point you need it out!
So you have to time it perfectly. As you feel the akamu moving through your deek, you strategically time it and pull out. You may empty it on her face for more protein benefits.

The Lister Generator is legendary!

16 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Solidkay(m): 10:36pm On Nov 25, 2021
My romance with this gen started from cradle,
My dad's friend used to own a corn mill, this is what he used to power the milling machine,
I could start it since I was way younger,
The problem is removing the starter.
Never had any issue with it, my mum never liked me going close to it one bit.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by wunmi590(m): 5:01am On Nov 26, 2021

Polyibadan male hostel that year, Rahmat hall, nah die be that generator, if men want to watch ball in the common room....

Omo, nah Hod go help us, very funny gen...

My in law nko, chai man don suffer small sha cheesy

3 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by ednut1(m): 3:56pm On Dec 01, 2021
We had lister from 1998 to 2005 or so. That shit nearly killed me one day, the handle removed and i used my head to hit the tire. Omo grin. Some times the handle fit no remove and will fly out lol.

4 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by gambia(m): 3:56pm On Dec 01, 2021
We had this back then in our house, it almost killed my Dad one day while trying to put it on, such scary scenario.

2 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Explorers(m): 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2021
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by gambia(m): 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2021
ednut1:
We had lister from 1998 to 2005 or so. That shit nearly killed me one day, the handle removed and i used my head to hit the tire. Omo grin

I can't relate, it almost killed my Dad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by donnie(m): 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2021
Explorers:

To start, you need to roll with one hand and the other hand on the choke at the same time.

When you roll fast enough, shift the choke and it picks.

When hear the pick sound with vibration, 'gba gba gba gba' remove the starter/roller.

Failure to do so, RUN.

grin cheesy grin I dey tell you

1 Like

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by LaSenior: 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2021
My experience was the day the offing switch spoiled and the gen was running mad , vibrating and breaking the cement slab holding it I rush commot diesel supply the yeye Gen no gree off that day I saw hell

Very stubborn generator don't ever wear clean clothes going close to it unless you want to stain yourself , if the Gen gets too cold hmmm it will take time to start by then sef you don tire

6 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by ablejesus26(m): 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2021
That demonic thing almost removed my jaw that year sad

4 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Abudu2000(m): 3:58pm On Dec 01, 2021
The annoying tin is those two big drums standing next to it.

3 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by OssyMalik: 3:59pm On Dec 01, 2021
This type of generator caused my neighbor to go blind on one eye after trying to start it. Dude is late now sha after the eye frustrated him

3 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by donnie(m): 3:59pm On Dec 01, 2021
ablejesus26:
That demonic thing almost removed my jaw that year sad

grin
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Omeife2: 3:59pm On Dec 01, 2021
We abandoned this is in our house in the village. When you start it, the vibration will make all the bolts on the body löosen. So when you turn it on, after some minutes just go with a spanner to tighten different parts, Else the gen will disintegrate. The vibration ensures the light was always blinking. We abandoned it to avoid High BP.

15 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by donnie(m): 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2021
Abudu2000:
The annoying tin is those two big drums standing next to it.
grin grin grin
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by ThankGodFriday(m): 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2021
Explorers:
Lister multipurpose diesel engine.

Buy and attach to alternator with two drums filled with water(Hot&Cold water).

Do not move closer to this engine if you're wearing agbada or Tie.

To start, you need to roll with one hand and the other hand on the choke at the same time.

When hear the pick sound with vibration, 'gba gba gba gba' remove the starter/roller.

Failure to do so, RUN.

Lister you called generator
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by suffering: 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
I came across this contraption for the first time last year. It looked strange and didn’t surprise me that it was manually operated. We Nigerians love when suffering is attached to the simplest of actions. I assumed it was all about strength of which I possessed heaps. No, it was based on technique which I later found out after performing multiple sets of revolutions. Finally we got it to start and, for my hard work, was rewarded with exercise-pumped biceps. Anybody who owns this generator or contraption from hell is on his own. Tiger generators are only twelve thousand naira in this day and time.

4 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Worksunlimited: 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
Explorers:

Failure to do so, RUN.

Of 6 to 9 guys in my aunt's house, na only 1 person fit on am... He knew when to remove the whiner early enough... Till my aunt bought another gen, he remained the generators champion..

Once e near am to go on am, every other person go run enter house...

If the Lister fling that em iron for you, I no wan know, na to just accept your faith

5 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by adenigga(m): 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2021
Explorers:

Failure to do so, RUN.

Yeeee, Na to.....

2 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by JoburgPlug: 4:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
This alternator generator na typical Gbas-Gbos. You go collect for e hand if you dey learn work ���

2 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 01, 2021
My knuckles pill tire when i come Sabi the scope na kerosene i dey use start Am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Mayeldah(m): 4:09pm On Dec 01, 2021
Knew it for cassava grinding back then in the village

The most dangerous generator ever invented

7 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Genesis21(m): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2021
Thanks for making me to laugh
tillaman:
shocked
I am left handed so it was hard getting this lister to start but with time I understood the trick but you see the day that roller hit my dad on his knee baba sat down on the floor I no fit laugh ooo, i don warn am but that Crazy afternoon was humbling for my pops, baba no gree look my face I come dey pity am say see my Superman o
that was the last time he touched the lister, ours was so powerful that it powers our electric iron that year, 2007 or there about
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by seanwilliam(m): 4:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
larrybabanla:
Remembered I left my job as a hotel supervisor because of this generator some years ago, damn! I did not have the strength and all other workers were avoiding it
Lol. Before I sabi whine that devil , bro , I almost die. Na him dem Dey use at my last place of work . Infact , if I share my experience u laugh tire.

I almost left the job cos of the gen , cos if you one start am after hours of not being used , na war. If the whine comot and hit you for kneel , my brother forget you’re gone grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by ablejesus26(m): 4:14pm On Dec 01, 2021
donnie:

grin
Even the noise fit frustrate person to off am go on atupka�

2 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Abudu2000(m): 4:15pm On Dec 01, 2021
Seems this thread is not for indomie generation ms so let me drop my ad here

For your architectural and structural design just hit me up via my signature and in less than 48hours your design will be ready.

2 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by sylve11: 4:15pm On Dec 01, 2021
tillaman:
no lies my bro, there was this one guy that was running a grinding mill business Naso him brother go wear agbada go wine lister Naso the thing grab him agbada the same way radio dey chop cassette for that year, Omo them stitch this bro head anyhow the thing disfigured the bro,
Also you know you must be fast when trying to remove the winer from that lister because the thing fit start while you never comot the winer
E do me like 3 times before I got it right Omo as the thing comot whiner from my hand and lister don start Omo I Japa ni oo I no look back make e no go release am suddenly na my Superman go off am

grin cool

1 Like

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Babyboyforeal(m): 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
Iister is very powerful he can power anything without shaking

3 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by onlinestaff2020: 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
O boy! That generator na horror film oh!

My former place of work (pure water company) used it because we were having the self seal machine for producing satchet water in the early 2000s.

Starting it is the biggest trick ever. You need to eat wells before holding the starter and turning it with maximum speed. Thereafter, once it starts picking, I need to pull it off.

That generator na die and it can injure someone badly.

Personally, I switched it on few occasions when it is my turn. The good thing with it, is that it powers heavy devices.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's This Light Travelling In The Sky? (photo) / Residents Gather As Elephants Are Spotted In Kebbi. See What Happened. Photos / Nigerian Man Makes Crocodile Out Of Plastic Wastes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.