Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,432 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? (1327 Views)

They Killed God, I Cant Feel God, My Soul Is Dead -Volunteer After Vaccine Trial / Eli Eli Lama Sabachthani: Messiah Spoke Bantu Language / "I Paid My Tithes At 4square, I Had Accident, Lost My Job, Pastor Abandoned Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by AntiChristian: 9:59am On Nov 25, 2021
When Jesus was about to die before he claimed his father abandoned him!

Matthew 27:46
About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).

Mark 15:34
And at three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).

Forsaken means to abandon! Why would God abandon Jesus? Are they not one again (John 10:30 I and the Father are one)?

Why does Jesus have to utter such statement of disbelief in the LORD?

Moreover the writer of Psalm has this to say:

Psalm 94:14
For the LORD will not forsake his people; he will not abandon his heritage.

Psalm 37:28
For the LORD loves justice and will not forsake His saints. They are preserved forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off.

Psalm 9:10
Those who know Your name trust in You, for You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.

Others:

1 Samuel 12:22
For the LORD will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the LORD to make you his people.

Romans 11:2
God did not reject (FORSAKE) His people, whom He foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says about Elijah, how he appealed to God against Israel:

So why did Jesus claim God Forsake/Abandon him when God will never forsake His saints/people?

2 Likes

Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by amnesty7: 10:03am On Nov 25, 2021
Something must be wrong somewhere.
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:11am On Nov 25, 2021
amnesty7:
Something must be wrong somewhere.

The name Anti-Christ already tells you that no answer would suffice, especially when this Anti Christ is Pro Mohammed.
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:13am On Nov 25, 2021
Is there any Christ in Anti Christ?

So therefore, there is no need responding to the Anti Christ with Christ.
It is invalid an initio.
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by amnesty7: 10:19am On Nov 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The name Anti-Christ already tells you that no answer would suffice, especially when this Anti Christ is Pro Mohammed.
Can you explain why God was said to have abandoned His alleged son pls?

2 Likes

Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:22am On Nov 25, 2021
amnesty7:

I can, but I will not especially in this evil man's thread.

2 Likes

Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by sonmvayina(m): 10:32am On Nov 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Just say you can't....nobody will crucify you.

Before you attempt to make sense out of nonsense...

1 Like

Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by amnesty7: 10:40am On Nov 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Pls explain here so that we can all learn. The verse is surprising that Jesus cried that God has forsaken him.
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:42am On Nov 25, 2021
sonmvayina:

Just say you can't....nobody will crucify you.

Before you attempt to make sense out of nonsense...

Still stupidly saying the same thing. No one is still going to crucify me as I have refused to answer the Op's Shit full Stupid question.

Actually, you have just crucified me because I exercised my right to refuse to answer.

So there you go, MURDERER.
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:43am On Nov 25, 2021
amnesty7:

Pls explain here so that we can all learn. The verse is surprising that Jesus cried that God has forsaken him.

No reasonable person puts food in a dirty evil plate.
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:02am On Nov 25, 2021
amnesty7:

Jesus was CRYING out to his father and God there because that's the only person who can SAVE him! Hebrews 5:7

But why was he talking that way?

Well Jesus is one of God's spirit sons in heaven before his life was transformed into an embryo in the womb of a Jewish virgin girl. He grew up to recover his memories of his past life in the spirit realms and he knew everything he was doing before becoming a human. God was always with him and angels were always ministering to him.

But at this moment his faith is about to be tested to the full. Jesus was nailed to a torture stake!

1 Like

Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by sonmvayina(m): 11:32am On Nov 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Still stupidly saying the same thing. No one is still going to crucify me as I have refused to answer the Op's Shit full Stupid question.

Actually, you have just crucified me because I exercised my right to refuse to answer.

So there you go, MURDERER.

Lol..if Jesus was truly God son why did he abandon him?
After inspiring the prophets and psalmist to say he will never abandon his people or his own??
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2021
sonmvayina:

Lol..if Jesus was truly God son why did he abandon him?
After inspiring the prophets and psalmist to say he will never abandon his people or his own??

As I said, No reasonable person puts food in a dirty evil plate.
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by sonmvayina(m): 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

As I said, No reasonable person puts food in a dirty evil plate.

Wacko...
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by amnesty7: 1:38pm On Nov 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus was CRYING out to his father and God there because that's the only person who can SAVE him! Hebrews 5:7

But why was he talking that way?

Well Jesus is one of God's spirit sons in heaven before his life was transformed into an embryo in the womb of a Jewish virgin girl. He grew up to recover his memories of his past life in the spirit realms and he knew everything he was doing before becoming a human. God was always with him and angels were always ministering to him.

But at this moment his faith is about to be tested to the full. Jesus was nailed to a torture stake!
So God actually forsook him to his tormentors?
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2021
amnesty7:

Sort of like taking away all his powers so he could be tested to the full. That's why he shouted when he sensed that the power has been taken away from him at the point he thought he needed it so that he won't feel the torture!
The same thing has happened to him once, when he was going with a crowd. A woman who has faith in God thought to herself that if she could just touch the fringes of Jesus' garment she will be cured. Jesus never knew that such a person is in the crowd but God knows. So immediately the lady touched Jesus' garment the power in his body was shaken without his consent so he asked
"who touched me? Because i can feel that power went out of me" Luke 8:45-46

So it's the same thing that happened to him now that's why he was crying out to the one who gave him the power he was using.

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by amnesty7: 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Sort of like taking away all his powers so he could be tested to the full. That's why he shouted when he sensed that the power has been taken away from him at the point he thought he needed it so that he won't feel the torture!
The same thing has happened to him once, when he was going with a crowd. A woman who has faith in God thought to herself that if she could just touch the fringes of Jesus' garment she will be cured. Jesus never knew that such a person is in the crowd but God knows. So immediately the lady touched Jesus' garment the power in his body was shaken without his consent so he asked

So it's the same thing that happened to him now that's why he was crying out to the one who gave him the power he was using.

Thank you. Only God, then, is Omnipotent.
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2021
amnesty7:

Thank you. Only God, then, is Omnipotent.

NO God can't do everything:

and is based on a hope of the everlasting life that God, who cannot lie, promised long ago! Titus 1:2

So He is not omnipotent! smiley
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by AntiChristian: 10:24am On Nov 26, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by AntiChristian: 10:39am On Nov 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So sir, does it mean only God and a woman that can take away Jesus's power? And why didn't Jesus cry hard at the woman like he cried to God on the Cross abi na stake?
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:45am On Nov 26, 2021
AntiChristian:

So sir, does it mean only God and a woman that can take away Jesus's power? And why didn't Jesus cry hard at the woman like he cried to God on the Cross abi na stake?

Which woman?
Please try to be serious for others to grasp what you're saying! undecided
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by AntiChristian: 10:57am On Nov 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Which woman?
Please try to be serious for others to grasp what you're saying! undecided

The woman with the blood issue you mentioned above. This has a context.
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by Kobojunkie: 5:20am On Dec 29, 2022
AntiChristian:
When Jesus was about to die before he claimed his father abandoned him!
Matthew 27:46
About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).
Forsaken means to abandon! Why would God abandon Jesus? Are they not one again (John 10:30 I and the Father are one)? Why does Jesus have to utter such statement of disbelief in the LORD? Moreover the writer of Psalm has this to say:
So why did Jesus claim God Forsake/Abandon him when God will never forsake His saints/people?
When Jesus Christ said, on the cross, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?", He, Jesus Christ, was not crying out for help at all. Jesus Christ was sentenced to die a cursed death— he was hung on the tree to die—, by His own people. And what that meant was that He was condemned/forsaken by the Almighty as a result of hanging on the cross to die— to be cursed is to be forsaken. However, He, Jesus Christ, had previously explained in John 10 vs 14 - 18 that not only did He volunteer to be put to death — a lamb led to slaughter—, but it was also by His authority, His power, that He laid down His life only to pick it back up on the third day. undecided
14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,
15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.
17 For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again.
18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have [the] authority to lay it down, and I have [the] authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.” - John 10 vs 14 - 18
And as Jesus Christ explained in the passage above, He did it all -- He obeyed His Father--- in order that He might receive the glory in store for Him. That was the deal He had with the Father. So, the narrative that speaks of Jesus Christ as helpless on the cross, and crying out for help from the Father is a lie. Instead, He is written to have overcome the curse and death by the third day when He rose. So, Jesus Christ didn't ask the father for help, nor did the Father have any need to help Him since, as He said, it was all by His own authority that He underwent it all in order to obtain glory. undecided
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by AntiChristian: 7:43am On Dec 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
When Jesus Christ said, on the cross, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?", He, Jesus Christ, was not crying out for help at all. Jesus Christ was sentenced to die a cursed death— he was hung on the tree to die—, by His own people. And what that meant was that He was condemned/forsaken by the Almighty as a result of hanging on the cross to die— to be cursed is to be forsaken. However, He, Jesus Christ, had previously explained in John 10 vs 14 - 18 that not only did He volunteer to be put to death — a lamb led to slaughter—, but it was also by His authority, His power, that He laid down His life only to pick it back up on the third day. undecided
And as Jesus Christ explained in the passage above, He did it all -- He obeyed His Father--- in order that He might receive the glory in store for Him. That was the deal He had with the Father. So, the narrative that speaks of Jesus Christ as helpless on the cross, and crying out for help from the Father is a lie. Instead, He is written to have overcome the curse and death by the third day when He rose. So, Jesus Christ didn't ask the father for help, nor did the Father have any need to help Him since, as He said, it was all by His own authority that He underwent it all in order to obtain glory. undecided

Na only you fit understand this theory!
God doesn't need the long stress and process of having someone killed for others to make it.

That is sensible to me!
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by Kobojunkie: 7:50am On Dec 29, 2022
AntiChristian:
Na only you fit understand this theory!
God doesn't need the long stress and process of having someone killed for others to make it.

That is sensible to me!
Well, God didn't tell you there was any long stress and process to any of it as Jesus Christ made clear to you John 10 where He explained that there was no longer stress to His death and resurrection. So, you thinking it is long stress is an assumption made by you..undecided
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by AntiChristian: 8:01am On Dec 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Well, God didn't tell you there was any long stress and process to any of it as Jesus Christ made clear to you John 10 where He explained that there was no longer stress to His death and resurrection. So, you thinking it is long stress is an assumption made by you..undecided

Why didn't God just forgive Adam initially when he sinned?
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by Kobojunkie: 8:06am On Dec 29, 2022
AntiChristian:
Why didn't God just forgive Adam initially when he sinned?
Why are you suddenly deviating? undecided

You asked why God abandoned Jesus Christ and as I explained all those who are cursed by God are essential abandoned to their own whims by God. And His death was not the only such curse Jesus Christ overcame. Even His birth He also had to overcome. All so that those who chose Him can be made free of all curses as a result. undecided
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by AntiChristian: 8:19am On Dec 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why are you suddenly deviating? undecided

You asked why God abandoned Jesus Christ and as I explained all those who are cursed by God are essential abandoned to their own whims by God. And His death was not the only such curse Jesus Christ overcame. Even His birth He also had to overcome. All so that those who chose Him can be made free of all curses as a result. undecided

I would deviate when I see too much unfounded theory from your brain!
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by Kobojunkie: 8:23am On Dec 29, 2022
AntiChristian:
I would deviate when I see too much unfounded theory from your brain!
What unfounded theory.... be specific! undecided
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2022
amnesty7:

Everyone who is under God’s curse is forsaken by God as a result. Jesus Christ was hung on the curse to day hence forsaken by God according to the Law of Moses. All Jesus Christ did on the cross was reiterate this. undecided
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by Kobojunkie: 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2022
amnesty7:

And contrary to what is usually bellowed from pulpits regularly, when Jesus Christ said what He said, He didn't mean it as a cry for help. Instead, it was an acknowledgement on his cursed sentence. undecided

Jesus Christ did not need saving from the cross as He already previously explained that the ordeal on the cross was simply part of the show - John 10 vs 14 - 18 undecided
Re: Eli Eli Lema Sabacthani...my God My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me? by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2022
amnesty7:
Be careful of the narrative you have been offered. God forsook all those who hung on a tree to die, Jesus Christ just happened to have been hung up to die on a curse and was abandoned as a result. Just being Jesus Christ, it was OK since His life was His to lay down and to pick up as He saw fit - John 10 vs 14 - 18 - hence the reason why He spoke to His disciples beforehand of how He would lay it down and pick back up on the third day, which is what He did. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Day 6 || The Prince of Peace || GCK / Women Always Kill Potential Children Of God / How Much Of Our African Culture Should We Give Up For Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.