Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,069 members, 7,835,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers (3242 Views)

My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / Lady Tells Her Mother She Is Pregnant, Did Abortion. Watch Her Mum's Reaction / Nigerian Mum’s Reaction To Son’s Dreadlocks (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
Denvacandy:
Seriously i am getting a mixed feelings and i think i should pour this out, i just finished my HND program and i struggle to finish, i am the last born of the family and i have 2 elder brother who are nothing close to being serious in life.

I create a goal in my school days and immediately after school i secure a job with it and i am earning and living fine.

Recently i had to leave my apartment in school and come down to my parent house just for another goal set again and my goal plan is working very good.

My mum has seen a very drastic change in my lifetsyle and the way i do things now, money don come lol

i even now give her monthly pay for food and within the month i buy allot of things just a normal thing for me.

Now the problem is, shes not happy with the way i am earning more than my brothers and how successful my brand has grown.

Most times when we argue, she start saying " have i not seen someone who earn low and make it better than someone who is earning big " all this things turns me off.

I feel shes suppose to be happy as i am not dependent on her for anything, and even now that i am doing back to the house, but no.

Can someone explain this or if you have any similare experience about this thanks

Guy move out of that apartment!!
I hate it when someone compare me with another for any reason...
We're what we are because of our experiences and our choices...
You've made some good choices and they've brought you to where you are today, so you have absolutely nothing to feel bad about...
If your brothers refuse to do anything meaningful with their lives it's their business!!

Your mum is just being unfair by making such remarks...
Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by pocohantas(f): 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2021
I feel a lot of pity for the women that would be married into this drama. cry

1 Like

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Richy4(m): 6:32pm On Nov 27, 2021
Denvacandy:
For everyone saying i am proud with the way i talk, please this is not about pride, i am telling your reality, how can you say i am proud all because i am telling your what is happening ?

About my brothers not being serious that i said, this is a family issue and every female in my family knows that well, even my mum do say it that, that is why lagabaje is not serious or focus, that is why so so so is doesn't understand what hes doing with his life.

I feel my mum is just toxic and doesn't understand how i made it easy sitting and sleeping at home and making money.

And about people saying tables can turn, kindly note i will be very happy about that, i only needed love and nothing else, i dont envy another man sucfess.

There was a time i was even angry if my brothers where rich and everyone is rich, it will be easy to stay rich because yeah i know my brother is capable of dashing me a new car or so.

But honestly how can you not be able to ask your brothers for even 1k and they are over 30+ each? while i am just 25 soon be 26.

It's sickening and its something i feel very bad about.

Talking about the hate going on, my brand is doing well online way larger than thier own and everytime i post about a job done, they already know i am earning good. its might not be much but atleast far better than what they earn.

Have lived alone for 3 years before deciding to come back before going for my NYSC in a few months.

So i know what i am saying, this one no be pride oo, this na just tory make una reason am with me.

All my prayer to God is just for him to bless me like cubana way and this people can see the difference btw rice and poor.

All this things i buy and do is nothing to me but its shocks them allot and i keep wondering is this how poverty has deem deep into thier vein.

I have read just a little about what u have written.. Just a little humility is not too much to ask...

The fact that your elder brothers cannot boast of 1K or give u one 1K doesn't make them irrelevant or unserious... In life, table do turn dear... And your mum is not toxic... She stands for the truth... Even u yourself said she always admonish her elder sons.. so how come when she talks to you, u now brand her as toxic

If u can slow down and reread this particular post, u might just understand some traces of arrogance... But I will not blame u incase u can't see it because u are living in a bobble of money smiley...

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Dollywood(m): 8:37pm On Nov 27, 2021
Ammishaddai:
They say pride comes before a fall. Just be on the look out

You're the type of person that hates on people's success, trust me.
Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Chevrolet076(m): 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Sit your mom down and get the truth from her.

From my end, I can't think of any other thing asides that maybe you are the product of a rape she's never told anyone about, that's why she'd forever resent you.

This is why we keep saying women are confused creatures because that is not a good reason to hate you except she didn't climax on the day of your conception, and in that case, her hate is very justified.

Why do you always do this Sir grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by ImaIma1(f): 6:17am On Nov 28, 2021
Denvacandy:
Bros, i dont even talk about how much i make or tell them when i recieve credit alert, this my 2 brodas live far away from each other, infact we have not seen each others for close to 7months now.

Let me make this clear to you, you cannot hide money for long, people will notice you already have money.

When you dey fresh and change shoes cloth and even making crazy moves, how will they not know you already have money

I try as much as possible to hide it away from people that i have money but no.

Do you know the meaning of someone that has suffered and smells compare to when you see the person now and the smell of peff won make u hug the person? you see fresh shoes and cloths?

Shey hin go steal am ni?

If you can afford it, please move out to avoid familiar people monitoring you or trying to make you feel bad for making money. Sometimes, people may have to move away from our family and stay on our own to be sane.

Just send her monthly upkeep (probably reduce it and let's see what she has to say) and stop the buying things around. Let your family handle it as they have been doing as your imput is not appreciated.

Some people on the forum may try to make you feel spending your money on your family is showing off. They are just speaking from an elder brother's perspective because it makes them feel small. Just try to move out ASAP.
Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Acidosis(m): 6:32am On Nov 28, 2021
Where is your dad? Please move closer to your dad. Marriage is probably the only thing that will impress her o. That's how you people (women) act when you're overly obsessed with male children.
Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by waistbead: 7:14am On Nov 28, 2021
Useku:

This guy is fake,check through his threads,today you are married, tomorrow you just graduated.

Cc justwise,mynd44, seun.

That's I don't contribute here most of the time

The guy na pure cruise ..He isaid he is 25 abi 26 on this recent thread he created,on another thread he is married with a child and was working in porharcourt and taking flight to Lagos to go see his wife at Ogun state....wo! Cruise everywhere for NL.
Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by realtalk19: 7:49am On Nov 28, 2021
Denvacandy:
Bros, i dont even talk about how much i make or tell them when i recieve credit alert, this my 2 brodas live far away from each other, infact we have not seen each others for close to 7months now.

Let me make this clear to you, you cannot hide money for long, people will notice you already have money.

When you dey fresh and change shoes cloth and even making crazy moves, how will they not know you already have money

Do you know the meaning of someone that has suffered and smells compare to when you see the person now and the smell of peff won make u hug the person? you see fresh shoes and cloths?

Shey hin go steal am ni?

That is why you need to get you own apartment and stay low-key, you can be financially loaded and be coded with wisdom.
Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Useku(m): 8:35am On Nov 28, 2021
waistbead:

The guy na pure cruise ..He isaid he is 25 abi 26 on this recent thread he created,on another thread he is married with a child and was working in porharcourt and taking flight to Lagos to go see his wife at Ogun state....wo! Cruise everywhere for NL.

Its just very annoying,how people will come up with stupid fake stories and cause others to take out time out of very tight schedules writing epistles thinking your tryna help.

I know what I commented on his previous post that made lots of ladies in here flood my mention with a barrage of insults.
Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by jesmond3945: 10:37am On Nov 28, 2021
Denvacandy:
Seriously i am getting a mixed feelings and i think i should pour this out, i just finished my HND program and i struggle to finish, i am the last born of the family and i have 2 elder brother who are nothing close to being serious in life.

I create a goal in my school days and immediately after school i secure a job with it and i am earning and living fine.

Recently i had to leave my apartment in school and come down to my parent house just for another goal set again and my goal plan is working very good.

My mum has seen a very drastic change in my lifetsyle and the way i do things now, money don come lol

i even now give her monthly pay for food and within the month i buy allot of things just a normal thing for me.

Now the problem is, shes not happy with the way i am earning more than my brothers and how successful my brand has grown.

Most times when we argue, she start saying " have i not seen someone who earn low and make it better than someone who is earning big " all this things turns me off.

I feel shes suppose to be happy as i am not dependent on her for anything, and even now that i am doing back to the house, but no.

Can someone explain this or if you have any similare experience about this thanks
this is a sign for you to start saving for the future. Dont be carried away by the money you have now. Do what you can for your mum but start saving, start expanding, start thinking about yourself. Tommorow your mum would reprimand you if you are not doing well.
Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by jesmond3945: 10:47am On Nov 28, 2021
Denvacandy:

Shey hin go steal am ni?

you are getting carried away by the money you are making now.
Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Naybahood(m): 10:51am On Nov 28, 2021
You see some of em this women and mother figures are kinda weird .
Re: My Mum Reaction To Me Doing Better Than My Brothers by Raalsalghul: 1:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
SeaTrade:
You are still in the baby phase of money,after making some few change ,you start judging and looking down on everyone around you .
Things will happen in your life that will definitely make you learn to be humble and less judgemental.
And the funny thing is I don't even think you have much money so I wonder where all this arrogance against your brothers is coming from.
You have to give the people ahead of you the respect they deserve and show support where you can,if you see the person is serious and helpable.That is what a family is.
I will tell you something,never judge a person for not having money,respect people for who they are and not what they can offer.
Na this same arrogance dey make your mother vex for you.
All this things I am telling you is from experience.
Some people you are looking down on that can't give you 1k today even in their 40s will feed multitude tomorrow.
Respect people!

Hmmm, logobenz kilo shele?

I've noticed drastic changes in your value system.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Secrets Men Tell Their Friends (But Not Their Wives) / What Will U Do When Someone Lied Aganist U And D Whole World Believed Him / She's 33, I'm 33.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.