Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) - Properties (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (149364 Views)

For Sale.....luxury Block Of 4flats @ Ikota Villa Lekki Before Vgc(pictures) / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Luxury Block Of 6 Nos 3 Bedroom Flat "TO LET" @ IKEJA Gra,lagos with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by cinzo: 8:23am On Sep 14, 2011
@brabus,thanks for your response on the door. I also want to know about PVC for ceiling.Which is better? Imported or made in Naija?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 8:52am On Sep 14, 2011
You can use PVC for all the rooms except the kitchen.

The advantage of PVC is that it is maintenance-free. No need for painting and it can be washed.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Demainman1: 11:30am On Sep 14, 2011
@Brabus, Please are those suspended ceiling PVC? They are so nice. Please any idea of the cost? like per square metre or feet. Thanks in advance.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 8:26pm On Sep 14, 2011
Demain, the suspended ceil are not PVC. It cost N1450 per square meter and N3800 for a pack with fittings and accessories.

LSPDC Renovations: Update

Kola the woodman has shown up. The installation of the wardrobe has commenced. Hoping to get it completed by tomorrow.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 4:23am On Sep 15, 2011
Clients Testimony

Hi NextHome,

My brother has received the house plan you sent.

I must say I am more than satisfied with the services I received from you. You helped me to find a plan suitable for my need and I commend you for the manner you handled the whole situation.

Other thing is - my sister is looking for a house plan. She is interested in AURY plan you posted on your Facebook page but her plot size is 35 x 60. Will it be possible to have the AURY house plan on plot size 35 x 60,
probably with modification to exclude the carport.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks again.

Tunde O.

You will be interested to know that we worked with Tunde and customized the AURY House Plan for his sister in Kwara state who has picked up her plan through courier service.

In case you find something (floorplan, facade, finish etc) that you love, please send it to us and kindly indicate if you need modification, the desired changes and when you want the plan.

We are ready to customize any plan to fit your style and budget. Just let us know.

NextHome Builders.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 8:48am On Sep 15, 2011
Baba, you are doing great, who will not be happy with your quality service delivery. Keep it up my man.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 9:16am On Sep 15, 2011
Thanks Spyder sir. You still need to visit Lagos - then you'll know say Khaki no bi leather. Them go flood you job, you go tire. If only you can replicate your cost with the quality and standards achieved in Enugu. I know its possible but I'm still working on the odds that are stacked up against the workability.

This include, workmen, omo-onile, suppliers, transport, soil condition and so on.

If I have something, I go break the jinx and bring our own man Spyder live to Lagos. Na direct to Fashola office! Lol

Well Done, Sir
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 15, 2011
Things are not always as they seem.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 15, 2011
I am the owner of the flat being remodelled and after much reflection, will like to express my displeasure and dissatisfaction with the service I have recieved from Brabus/NextHome.

The photos above are an insight to the level of inconsistencies that have riddled this project.

I AM TIRED.

Yesterday, I had to restrain myself from assulting him by walking away from the flat ignoring his pleadings and requests.

Over the next few posts I will like to make plain all that has transpired and to request all his fans to beg him to finish my flat and hand over the keys to me.

Thank you
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Aks(m): 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2011
This is not funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ anonohai --- from your post below, I think you grew tired of the duration for the renovation of the flat, I'll appeal to you to endure till the end as the progress from the pic indicated that it's near completion.

@ brabus--- Try and iron things out with your client and ensure his satisfaction is met by all means
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2011
ahonohai:

I am the owner of the flat being remodelled and after much reflection, will like to express my displeasure and dissatisfaction with the service I have recieved from Brabus/NextHome.

The photos above are an insight to the level of inconsistencies that have riddled this project.

I AM TIRED.

Yesterday, I had to restrain myself from assulting him by walking away from the flat ignoring his pleadings and requests.

Over the next few posts I will like to make plain all that has transpired and to request all his fans to beg him to finish my flat and hand over the keys to me.

Thank you
I honestly do not see how a dirty toilet should lead to your getting tired or is there something I am missing? The project is almost completed, be patient.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2011
THE FACTS

1. The remodelling was expected to have been completed on the 14th of August. Today is the 15th of September.

2. Brabus has been PAID IN FULL in advance. I am not owing him a dime for the work.

3. I am owed a refund of at least =N=132,000.00 being cost of Laminate Floors and Overhead tanks as quoted in the original contract. We resolved to delete them from the work schedule and that I be refunded. This issue has dragged on for too long. Every week it is story after story. Please ask him what he did with the money supposed to be for the laminate floor.

4. I paid a premium for his service. Unfortunately what I got from him is highly unprofessional and his attitude is both rude and confrontational. When quizzed over the quality of the work he goes on the offensive but when I ask for my money he starts to beg and whine like a child.

5. On AT LEAST THREE occassions, I have had to reschedule deliveries due to his failure to complete the work on time. Can you imagine that no work was done from last Saturday till yesterday when he assured me that the work would be finally complete. The house was supposed to have been cleaned by professional cleaners. The sight above is what I saw yesterday. I nearly threw up.

6. There are several items outstanding on the work to be delivered. I will list them below

• Airconditioner for guest room - He has been bringing this everyday for the last three weeks.
• Oscillator for study - Missing in action
• Guest Toilet Doors - To have been completed on Tuesday
• Guest Toilet Partitioning - To have been completed on Tuesday

7. One of the original security doors is missing. He failed to keep it safe and it seems to have been stolen. Every time I ask him for it he whines like a child.

8. The carpet, fridge, furniture and cooker have been on ground for about three weeks but cannot be installed due to his inability to complete the work.

9. For some reason, he decided to paint the kitchen pink. When I challenged him he said he didn't want it too look odd. I reminded him that I gave him a colour scheme. He repainted it then painted the lower portions pink again. I wonder what his fascination with that colour is.

10. Till now not all the lights are working and a number of the switches were installed upside down.

11. He blames Kola the carpenter for his failure to install the cabinets and wardrobes then inexplicably links this to be the cause why the plumber and engineer cannot work.

12. Finally, he is a serial liar. This to me shows a lack of professionalism and is grossly disrespectful.

I will proceed to show more evidence of this.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2011
He showed the nice toilet. He didn't show you the other one.

The plumbing fittings are unsightly in my opinion and I mentioned this on Saturday. Till yesterday nothing was done despite promising the same

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2011
I'll still continue to plead with my client for all the issues. I accept responsibility and I'm working hard to meet up.

Unfortunately, workmen can be dissapointing atimes.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2011
The wall was supposed to be screeded.

His "workmen" painted over textcoat. He then decided he would charge me for the repainting. I refused and it had to be redone.

The new paint has huge cracks currently in the area shown yet unpainted

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2011
The burglary proof was originally black. On his own he decided to paint it white without my consent.

This has been corrected but shows the kind of things he does which I wont mention

The brown door in the picture is also missing. I never asked him to dispose of it or throw it outside

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 15, 2011
The kitchen was to have been Red. He decided red wasnt good so he painted it pink

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2011
Here is the colour scheme I sent

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2011
These are all minor issues.

They are however aggravated by the fact that he refuses to focus on the job at hand but insists on facing frivolities.

You can imagine him responding to a client with LOL

I will also post email correspondence where he aggreed to refund me my money by the 14th. Yesterday he couldn't say anything, he kept giving me sheepish looking eyes like a child.

I need to use my funds for other things and he refuses to tell me when he will give me my money.

He underquoted on the contract and yet I was gracious to advance him some more money.

Till date he has refused to give me my reciepts or an amended contract statement. He can turn around tomorrow and say he owes me nothing.

That to me is dubious.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2011
On the issue of reciepts

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2011
I accept responsibility for all the allegation. Please just give me till end of next week to hand over.

@The House, I have no explanation but pictures do not lie. Please kindly help plead with my client to grant the extension and list all issues here so that we can fix them all.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 15, 2011
Reciepts

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2011
I WILL NOT PROVIDE ANY LIST.

I have done this times without number.

I have informed my lawyer and am prepared to take necessary action to ensure I obtain my refund as well as ensure that the work is completed ASAP.

Brabus has my account number. He should pay me my money.

The picture he has painted here is different from what is on ground. Dealing with him with dignity is a painful experience.

He is a disgrace to the trade.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Demainman1: 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2011
This internet business can really make or mar a contractor oo. Please guys make una try sort out this issue fast fast o.

Oga landlord make u take am easy with Mr Brabus please.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Jumyg: 3:40pm On Sep 15, 2011
@ Ahonohai,  please give him till end of next week to complete and handover the keys and will refund (outstanding) money back.

@ Brabus, try and get your workers on ground and finish the project by end of next week.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 3:49pm On Sep 15, 2011
@Jumyg, Demain_man

Thank you for your kind words.
Honestly, the matter is not as difficult as my client sees it. Anyway, I promise not to let you guys down.

As for refunds, I'll do so asap. I'm sure we all understand what it is to get a refund from a seller weeks after purchase without a restocking fee.

The good thing about this project is that all the people my client referred me to keep bringing client because they love the work.
That's my joy!

I know my client will get over this issue over time and understand why we had to take extra time.

Any lesson learnt? Sure, a lot of them - I'll blog about my experiences later.

Thank you
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2011
Oga Brabus please satisfy this angry customer to the maximum, this is career destruction and reduction of potential customers confidence in your work. Please meet his parameters and let this be over. Please.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Aks(m): 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2011
Brabus --- I'll advise you to go back to the site, mobilize your workers, supervise the jobs well rather than responding to posts on this blog. You really need to proof critics wrong by fast-tracking the job and ensure perfection to the satisfaction of the customer. The customer is always right, there is no need blowing your own trumpet for now. Blog ur experiences at a latter date and not now pls.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2011
He needs to tell me when I'm getting my money.

I refuse to be understanding in this matter. It is my understanding that has led him to be sloppy on the job.

He says the matter is a simple one but it isn't.

Every time we meet I ask him categorically in the presence of many witnesses, he says; "we will clear all the work and be fully done by Tuesday"

I then return on the said date and no work has been done. This has happened on no less than three ocassions.

Don't let him decieve you with his fleeting remarks.

I will not get over this issue neither will I trade comments or insults on this. Did he not tell you how he said his children will be cursed if  such and such is true?

I don't care about his feelings or what he's going through. If it takes me acting without empathy then so be it!

I am not trying to disparage him, I just need him to finish my work and refund my money.

Instead of facing the work now, he is busy blowing his trumpet and replying my posts

That email said he'll get a cheque on the 11th. By all accounts I will be able to get my money tomorrow.

True or False?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2011
I am not looking for sympathy, I want the work completed.

Every delay he causes costs me money. I keep rescheduling deliveries and incuring further costs.

The dining set was delivered three weeks ago, it is gathering dust in one of the rooms. I hope its not damaged now. Same applies to the fridge and cooker. I'm glad I held back from bringing the TVs. It will have gone missing like my door.

I have loads of furniture that cannot be delivered due to his inadequacies.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2011
@Aks, I'm at the site and we are working.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Aks(m): 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2011
That's good to hear Brabus

@ ahonohai-- Kindly exercise little patient cos he has his name and profession to protect on this worldwide forum, he will surely deliver

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (56) (Reply)

Call Us For Ur Granite(directly From The Quarry),sharpsand & Sandfilling / You Won't Believe The Babe I Saw In A Face Me I Face You House : / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.