Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,898 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (149280 Views)

For Sale.....luxury Block Of 4flats @ Ikota Villa Lekki Before Vgc(pictures) / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Luxury Block Of 6 Nos 3 Bedroom Flat "TO LET" @ IKEJA Gra,lagos with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2011
Internal. Why ask?

1 Like

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by EuroMeko(m): 7:25pm On Jul 01, 2011
I haven't seen any plumbing or electrical conduits in the foundation.

I am just curious as I am using your postings, pictures to plan my own project though I will be primarily doing all the work with a few hired hands.

This is a good thing that you are doing.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2011
@Euromeka, good to know you are following the steps we are using in this project. Again, this is not a one-size-fit-all project. Different solution applies to different situation.

To your question:
Placement of plumbing and electrical pipe under slab is a critcal issue. Although, it is possible to make changes by cutting the concrete but that is expensive.
A lot of plumbing problem do occur under the slab - this problem are very expensive to repair, takes a lot of time and causes a lot of disruption to the house.
This is a battle you can win in the future with little or no demolition at all, if you bring all your plumbing pipe out from under the concrete slab.

As for this project, it will be very unwise for me to make that move, knowing fully well that its gonna take some months before the owner take possesion.

I rest my case!!!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by EuroMeko(m): 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2011
Hi Brabus, thanks for your response.

I absolutely respect your opinion as you're on the ground getting it done.

Could you take a look at my thread and give your opinion based on what you know about the industry and the available raw materials at home

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-703235.0.html
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by za85: 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2011
hey @ all nice contributions and to the creator thanks for this thread very very educative smiley be following closely as i will be embarking on my own journey of being a home owner soon by God's grace.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 4:27am On Jul 02, 2011
^^^ Funny Ad.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 5:41am On Jul 02, 2011
brabus:

@Euromeka, good to know you are following the steps we are using in this project. Again, this is not a one-size-fit-all project. Different solution applies to different situation.

To your question:
Placement of plumbing and electrical pipe under slab is a critcal issue. Although, it is possible to make changes by cutting the concrete but that is expensive.
A lot of plumbing problem do occur under the slab - this problem are very expensive to repair, takes a lot of time and causes a lot of disruption to the house.
This is a battle you can win in the future with little or no demolition at all, if you bring all your plumbing pipe out from under the concrete slab.

As for this project, it will be very unwise for me to make that move, knowing fully well that its gonna take some months before the owner take possesion.

I rest my case!!!

Very correct. My friend who laid his toilet pipes from his upper duplex into the pillars of the lower one had one burst now, he is in a dillema as to how to solve the Poo wahala. grin
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 7:50am On Jul 02, 2011
Good morning Brothers and Sisters! Another bright and beautiful day it is on my bed!

The man wey hin house dey burn woke up this morning only to find out that friends, suppliers, and well-wishes had put off the fire.

I'll be visiting the site this morning to see what happened while I was away. Let's see if my presence at the site is really required or if the workmen had mastered me so much that they can work with little or no supervision.

I'll be visiting another site in the neighbourhood which I'm going to tell you about. This will interest a lot of home owners who are thinking of conversion - from 1 storey to 2, or 2 to 3 storey.

Bungalow conversion in this case - stay glued!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by nwakaibe(m): 11:49am On Jul 02, 2011
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Dangote crashes cement price Obajana N1350, Gboko 1350 shocked shocked shocked shocked. Rushing to my village to build
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by olubuffett: 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2011
nwakaibe:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Dangote crashes cement price Obajana N1350, Gboko 1350 shocked shocked shocked shocked. Rushing to my village to build

Great news!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Poj1(m): 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2011
Good news, hope it doesn't got back to 1850 next week. Good respite anyway for some of us. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2011
Good respite, indeed! Hope this news turn into reality.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2011
Good days are finally coming to Nigeria
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:34pm On Jul 02, 2011
I was on site briefly today after spending almost 4 hours in heavy traffic on Lagos/Ibadan expressway.

Update:
The Abokis had completed the filling of the foundation. We are now praying for rain. You may want to ask why the wait? The answer is simple - We've got enough time.

My link is very bad today and as a result cannot post pic update. But there's no much difference from what you saw two days ago. Pic Update to follow later.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 9:36pm On Jul 02, 2011
We will join you in praying for rain . . . .
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2011
I had the opportunity of visiting a client whom I got in contact with on NL to discuss how NextHome can help him solve his problem.

We were at the site and everything looks perfect - except for the dramatic slope of the land. I can read in the clients face disappointment but we discovered opportunity to increase the land's livable area with a basement.

We are still in discussion stage. More updates to follow soon.

Between me and you - I'm conceptualizing a raised bungalow for the client. Building a house on a steep slope requires creativity.

I'll post pic of the site when I get approval to do so.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 3:08am On Jul 03, 2011
More palm wine to your calabash jare . . . . .
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2011
Saturday 2nd July

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 12:13am On Jul 04, 2011
Nice
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:07am On Jul 04, 2011
Its business as usual again today. I met a new client today. This time - our project site does not require creativity but TECHNICAL expertise. We are building on loose or compressible soils or let say building on water-logged site.

At the mention of AJAH, LEKKI, V.I - the first thing that comes to the mind of a layman is RAFT Foundation. Vast majority of homes built in aforementioned areas are built on soil (irrespective of the foundation type), not on bedrock. By definition, soil is a mixture of small, decayed bedrock particles; organic material such as decaying plants, wood and animals; air; and often water. Therefore, site investigation/soil test is highly recommended to obtain the information about subsurface conditions at the site of proposed construction. A RAFT foundation is not a solution to underground issues that will affect your structure.

My decision to carry out a soil test is influenced by the following:

1. The size and type of project. (3 floors and a Multi-dwelling apartment)
2. Characteristics of soil in the area
3. Risks involved and the cost of not doing so.

Soil samples were collected from 3 different locations on the site and they will be sent to Lab today to help determine the depth of our foundation, ground water level and engineering properties of the soil.

More updates later.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by remcoface: 1:14am On Jul 04, 2011
I KNOW IS LATE BUT YOU ARE NOT SLEEPING YET!!!!!

MY BROS YOU WILL NEVER LABOR IN VAIN IN JESUS NAME.AMEN

THANKS FOR THE GREAT JOB YOU ARE DOING AND THE DETAILS.
cool cool cool cool
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:38am On Jul 04, 2011
@remcoface, thanks for your prayers and support.
Fhemmmy and Fidelo726 don talk am say the my wey hin roof dey on fire no dey sleep.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by remcoface: 1:44am On Jul 04, 2011
brabus:

@remcoface, thanks for your prayers and support.
Fhemmmy and Fidelo726 don talk am say the my wey hin roof dey on fire no dey sleep.

YOU ARE WELCOME. I GOT YOU.
AM LEARNING FROM YOU GUYS EVERYDAY AS I WILL BE STARTING MY PROJECT NEXT MONTH BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
HAPPY WORKING.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 8:07am On Jul 04, 2011
Good morning! Last week was fun - and hopefully this week will be more exciting. Still expecting RAIN though. You know what I mean RAIN$

Right now am sourcing materials for the German flooring.

Cement price from WAPCO factory as at Saturday is N1,600 - let's see if nwaikabe prophesy will come to pass.

Join me in praying for abundance of rain this week.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by nwakaibe(m): 9:00am On Jul 04, 2011
[quote author=brabus link=topic=687022.msg8644706#msg8644706 date=130976324
Cement price from WAPCO factory as at Saturday is N1,600 - let's see if nwaikabe prophesy will come to pass.
[quote][/quote]

cheesy cheesy cheesy prophesy ke! check the front pages of today's Businessday,Tribune,Sun,Vanguard, Compass, Champion. smiley smiley smiley
I will start building next month. Builders in the house, here i come cool cool cool
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:20am On Jul 04, 2011
Nwakaibe, the great one of Amadioha. Abi no be so?

Thanks for the update.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by 2dmax(m): 2:17pm On Jul 04, 2011
Brabus, I hail o. Do remember to get your best qoutes for wires and cables from maxndianaefo@yahoo.com, also google up builders and developers wise up! Thread @ nairaland.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Olaisrich(m): 3:41pm On Jul 04, 2011
prophesy ke! check the front pages of today's Businessday,Tribune,Sun,Vanguard, Compass, Champion.
I will start building next month. Builders in the house, here i come

Confirmed! N1350 from factories!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fidelo726: 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2011
May more rain shower your pocket. Amen.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lastpage: 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2011
Dangote crashes cement price Obajana N1350, Gboko 1350 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked. Rushing to my village to build
Well, we are in the thick of rainy season, lets wait till the dry season which is when most people build, (November -March), then we will ascertain this "CRASH" whether it was just a "crush" or a real "crash"!
It will really be some "fresh air", About time sha!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2011
lastpage:

Well, we are in the thick of rainy season, lets wait till the dry season which is when most people build, (November -March), then we will ascertain this "CRASH" whether it was just a "crush" or a real "crash"!
It will really be some "fresh air", About time sha!

Ummmmm . . . another way of looking at it

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (56) (Reply)

Call Us For Ur Granite(directly From The Quarry),sharpsand & Sandfilling / You Won't Believe The Babe I Saw In A Face Me I Face You House : / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.