Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (149285 Views)

For Sale.....luxury Block Of 4flats @ Ikota Villa Lekki Before Vgc(pictures) / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Luxury Block Of 6 Nos 3 Bedroom Flat "TO LET" @ IKEJA Gra,lagos with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2011
Dear All,

It’s with great pleasure that I am writing to you to update you as to where we are in our project, we have soldiered on and construction is moving at a steady pace.

As I had mentioned before, I was on the site with a friend on Saturday 25th June. We had several discussions and there were numbers of suggestions on how to improve the project, which we have since incorporated into the project.

Basically, the changes that were made will greatly improve the 4 bed duplex, and increase the size of the three bedroom units. I'll post the latest floor plans which reflect the new layout of the units.

Now, the changes that were suggested have been evaluated by the engineers, and the architect and they are being implemented. The Quantity Surveyor has also evaluated and costed the changes. The cost will be N70,000 which is quite reasonable for what we need done.

Thanks you all for your support and patience and the bus has finally left the station so we are on the journey. Pic update to follow soon
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by diordaves(m): 12:11am On Jun 30, 2011
brabus:

Dear All,

It’s with great pleasure that I am writing to you to update you as to where we are in our project, we have soldiered on and construction is moving at a steady pace.

As I had mentioned before, I was on the site with a friend on Saturday 25th June. We had several discussions and there were numbers of suggestions on how to improve the project, which we have since incorporated into the project.

Basically, the changes that were made will greatly improve the 4 bed duplex, and increase the size of the three bedroom units. I'll post the latest floor plans which reflect the new layout of the units.

Now, the changes that were suggested have been evaluated by the engineers, and the architect and they are being implemented. The Quantity Surveyor has also evaluated and costed the changes. The cost will be N70,000 which is quite reasonable for what we need done.

Thanks you all for your support and patience and the bus has finally left the station so we are on the journey. Pic update to follow soon

Well done and thanks for the great trouble in uploading updates at your cost I believe. Its a great responsibility you took on your shoulders. Soldier on and don't be fazed. Am impressed by your transparency thus far. Do well to keep it up.

Just a few clarification with the new changes: who is this "friend" that brought about the propose change and why?, can you please give us assurance for your faith in him and not your original concept? I say this because since you've already laid the foundation, the implication of any change will mean you are going to use the german floor as your foundation and load bearing base instead of the soil right? Because the new walls are not going to align with the foundation setting? I know you said you got an all clear from your engineers. Just wondering.

What happens to the columns complete with rods you've already cast? are you going to crank them or do away with them to accommodate the new floor plan and walls? In changes like this, external columns are fine but you may struggle in defining and situating the internal columns with the new floor plan or am I wrong?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 12:43am On Jun 30, 2011
@Diordavies,

My commitment to this project is solid and I have no regrets backing it up with my own monies and time because the payback is high.

My friend is a civil engineer and the proposed changes are so minor that it won't have any effect on the work done so far or our original concept. The area where this changes will be effected is already carved out and we are so lucky this is happening at a time when changes can still be made. We are still sand-filling the foundation. Some guys have argued that the changes can be overlooked since it will have no adverse effect on the building but my conscience and principles would not allow me to do that, plus that would have been a violation of the trust that so many people on this thread have put on me.

So far, I have done everything that I'm supposed to do and carried it in the manner that you all would have expected of me. This trend I will continue to pursue till the end this project.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:03am On Jun 30, 2011
In other to provide answer to all requests coming to us regarding our terms of engagement, please find attached our contract terms. It is subject to review at all times.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 5:54am On Jun 30, 2011
@ Brabus, you are doing well. You are my type of person as I will not allow any small issue to linger on my conscience, make the corrections now than later. You have been an inspiration to me here as I am learning from your moves, that contract terms is another lesson I learned today and I will try to copy your moves in that direction. Thank you.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Sagewood: 6:08am On Jun 30, 2011
@ Brabus,

Good start towards professionalism and proper accountability.
I will definately require your services in the near future.
How about including statements in the contract concerning the type/ standard of materials and finishings?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 7:08am On Jun 30, 2011
^^^Noted. But the issue of finishing is discussed separately. We have it in Top-range, Medium-range and Standard finish. But I'll do something in that area.

@spyder880, the times are changing. Its better we move with it. Thanks for showing us all - its possible. I'm researching a new topic on "The True Gains of Nairaland".
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fidelo726: 11:12am On Jun 30, 2011
I love your concept bro.
Keep it up.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lanre76: 4:16pm On Jun 30, 2011
I have been following all the post, pls how much will it cost to build a story building with 20 rooms for a hotel.

the location is Lagos.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2011
@Lanre76, pls PM me or call 08023429122 for discussions. I need to understand what you are trying to achieve. You can also send me your building plan if you have one already.

Thanks
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by igbonla(m): 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2011
@ Brabus,

I like the fact that you have conditions of contract, no doubt it can be improved upon. The challenge will be sticking to those conditions, always a big issue for both parties in this part of the world.

Good luck!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2011
Still loving it
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Guk: 5:30pm On Jun 30, 2011
@Brabus,

You wrote "The target completion date is June 2012". My question is, what necessitate that long period? Thats a year from now??
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 5:50pm On Jun 30, 2011
Good question, Gak! Me sef, I wonder o. A project which started 2 weeks ago and we are almost at German floor stage. What will we be doing till June 2012.

I choose to showcase this project to educate and make some unserved set of client understand that its possible to build your dream house without breaking bank, lending or stressing yrself.

This project at the pace we are moving can be completed in 14 weeks but my client is not a SENATOR neither is he a Commissioner but a middle class salary/business man like average of us. So, we choose to tread this path slowly and set a very long and achievable goal for ourself.
June 2012 seems too late but a lot of project showcased on NL usually take that long in the long run.

Hope this answer your question.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Demainman1: 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
@Brabus, I really enjoy the way you answer questions here and via emails. I pray say soon me sef go fit utilise ur PM expertise for Naija.

I asked a question on the other thread if a house can be without a main bathroom becos all the rooms are ensuite.

Rgds
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Guk: 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2011
@Brabus, Thanks for the prompt response. I concur with you.

The other question is, being that you seem to be the key man in your company, how do you intend to handle projects in far apart locations at the same time for instance, if i want to commision you for a similar project at Ijanikin Rose garden. Ijanikin is after Alaba Market but before Agbara on Badagry express way
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by EuroMeko(m): 7:37pm On Jun 30, 2011
Nice project, congrats.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2011
@Guk, Honestly, you've not seen anything yet! I can handle at least 20 similar project concurrently. I just decided to handle this one myself since its my business. The question I think you should be asking is will you get same level of commitment as the one shown in this project. My answer is YES!!!

There are other things I'm doing in the background that are not featured or related to this project.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2011
Today 30 June 2011 in pictures

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by rastaman20(m): 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2011
@barbus. keep on the good work. love this thread
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 11:08pm On Jun 30, 2011
After another couple of days of hard work, the filling of our site has been completed.  However, there is still a carved-out area where work will be carried out hopefully tomorrow to construct the guest toilet and ante room.  This work is basically a modification for aesthetic appeal.

PROGRESS REPORT AS AT 30TH JUNE

Excavation, setting out of units, strip footing and foundation walling has been done to 100% completion. Backfilling and infilling work is 90% complete.

Let me reiterate my total commitment to this project and assure you that I am working around the clock to make sure we get the best in the most affordable way.  Surely this has not been a sole effort but a team effort and your support and prayers.

Again, thank you all for your support and understanding.

PROJECT PICTORIAL
- 12TH - 30TH JUNE 2011

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 12:09am On Jul 01, 2011
Based on special request by a fellow NL who made a call to me yesterday, here's the Concrete Structural Framework for a residential building project. I'll try search my archive very well to see if I can still get the pic of the roof structure and the block work.
The Pros and Cons is another interesting topic for discussion in the nearest future.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 3:10am On Jul 01, 2011
Nice guy doing great stuff . . . . I would love to have Spyder and brabus on my team with AmAlone as the analyzer . . .
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by rastaman20(m): 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2011
grin grin grin term of the year
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2011
Reporting for learning
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2011
I'm not on site today.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fidelo726: 5:52pm On Jul 01, 2011
I love frame structures.
Its like eating the fufu before the meat.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 5:56pm On Jul 01, 2011
brabus:

I'm not on site today.

You took today off to celebrate Canada Day?
I hope you are wearing read and eating some toast with maple
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fidelo726: 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2011
Fhemmmy:

You took today off to celebrate Canada Day?
I hope you are wearing read and eating some toast with maple

A man whose roof is on fire does not go to bed.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2011
Fidelo726:

A man whose roof is on fire does not go to bed.

No need to go to bed, but need to take some rest to be able to have enough energy to put off the fire . . .
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2011
Its business as usual.
Today's update:
2 tipper of laterite was delivered to the site today by the supplier without my consent.
I'll let you know how we sort it out tomorrow. Although, I still need more to do backfilling but everything must be agreed. My third-eye in the neighbourhood confirmed its true.
I guess its just business tactics.

@Fhemmmy,Fidelo726, I'll find time to answer yr question. But a man whose house is on fire really need to take it cool o - when there's life, there's hope.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by EuroMeko(m): 7:01pm On Jul 01, 2011
I assume all plumbing and electrical is going to be external?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (56) (Reply)

Call Us For Ur Granite(directly From The Quarry),sharpsand & Sandfilling / You Won't Believe The Babe I Saw In A Face Me I Face You House : / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.