Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends (2593 Views)

Women Narrate How They Discovered Their Boyfriends Are Gay / Why Do Some Ladies Use Their Monthly Period To Cook For Their Boyfriends? (18+) / Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parent,but Can Not Endure That Of Their BF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by IamKizzbrown10(m): 12:13am On Nov 28, 2021
LET’S TALK!! Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Poverty Of Their Boyfriend?

A Nigerian man has taken to social media to pose a controversial question to women about their mindsets while going into relationships.
It is no strange knowledge that women often mention financial stability when mentioning a man they would love to date or marry. Others specifically say they would never date a broke or struggling guy.

Well, wading in on the matter, a Twitter user with username @henryruckus1 has asked why women are okay with enduring the poverty they were born into but can’t do same with their boyfriends.

He wrote:

”Pls I have a question. Why do ladies endure poverty of their parent but can not endure poverty of their boyfriend”

The post has since generated divergent views with some ladies saying that they had no choice with their parents because that’s the family they were born into, but with a boyfriend, you have the option of not ‘suffering’ with him.

So Nairaland what’s your take?
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by chatinent: 12:26am On Nov 28, 2021
Na who get surplus sha
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Amotolongbo(f): 12:39am On Nov 28, 2021
No lady has the opportunity to choose her parent but has the chance to choose her husband

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:44am On Nov 28, 2021
Marriage became ponzi, poverty eradicating program

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 28, 2021
If a rich guy proposes she will scream with excitement sotay her artificial wig go remove.But if na hustling guy proposes,she go slap am for embarrassing her in public.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Freestainworld(m): 2:28am On Nov 28, 2021
Ladies in the house, come and answer your jamb question now
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Nobody: 5:10am On Nov 28, 2021
The ladies are still sleeping o
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by averageguy(m): 6:17am On Nov 28, 2021
It's not unreasonable that a lady would like to maximize the opportunity of marriage to ensure some stability and comfort especially when we know stress of finances is the biggest cause of divorce. I know we have the grass to grace stories but those are not as typical as they sound.

For most guys as well, I believe if they thought they could date a more attractive lady with decent personality, they would go for it even if the lady is far more attractive than the guys are.

Life is not balanced; most people are trying to maximize their opportunities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Omini247: 6:31am On Nov 28, 2021
Because affliction shall not rise the second time.
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 28, 2021
Because their parents are not fuckinng them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by tobechi20(m): 6:54am On Nov 28, 2021
Stagnation is a curse
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by NaeChris: 7:18am On Nov 28, 2021
toren:
Lol
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by NaeChris: 7:19am On Nov 28, 2021
Wealthoptulent:
Marriage became ponzi, poverty eradicating program
Swears
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by NaeChris: 7:21am On Nov 28, 2021
Amotolongbo:
No lady has the opportunity to choose her parent but has the chance to choose her husband
Thats a point, but they have a role to play. Marriage no be poverty alleviation scheme.
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by house10s: 7:23am On Nov 28, 2021
toren:
nah where ur mind carry u go b dat
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by tosaino95(m): 8:06am On Nov 28, 2021
We are in 2021 and You still asking this Mumu question
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 28, 2021
averageguy:
It's not unreasonable that a lady would like to maximize the opportunity of marriage to ensure some stability and comfort especially when we know stress of finances is the biggest cause of divorce. I know we have the grass to grace stories but those are not as typical as they sound.

For most guys as well, I believe if they thought they could date a more attractive lady with decent personality, they would go for it even if the lady is far more attractive than the guys are.

Life is not balanced; most people are trying to maximize their opportunities.

Marriage is not an "opportunity" Oga..
It's a DECISION...So there's no "maximizing" anything here, at least not in this context...

And yes, money is one of the top 3 reasons for divorce according to research, buh why does the money mostly have to come from the man?? Can't the woman make her own money and attain the "stability" you spoke about?? Is there anywhere that says women cannot attain financial stability before marriage??

Am I saying women should leave rich dudes and marry poor dudes...No... Whoever they want to is their choice. Buh I'm sick and tired of women pointing as a criteria a trait that they themselves have made no effort in cultivating...

You wanna marry a rich dude abi na stable guy, fine...are you rich yourself?? Do you have that stability that you're seeking in another??

Marriage is not a "Poverty Alleviation Program" as people often say, you don't enter marriage with the sole aim of "escaping" poverty...that's stupid...

You don't go about with the mentality of "my parents were poor, so I cannot marry a poor man", that too is stupid... Rather than go about with that mentality, why not have the mentality that "My parents may have been poor, buh I won't allow myself to be poor, I'll work on myself, I'll work hard and work smart and I won't give up until my hustle makes me the woman of my dreams"...
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Devgru: 8:28am On Nov 28, 2021
because they see the wealth of their boyfriends as a means to escape the poverty of their parents
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Martinez39s(m): 9:40am On Nov 28, 2021
You can't choose your parents, but you can choose your spouse. It is not written anywhere that a lady must endure with a poor man because her parents are poor.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 28, 2021
Martinez39s:
You can't choose your parents, but you can choose your spouse. It is not written anywhere that a lady must endure with a poor man because her parents are poor.
Exactly...
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 28, 2021
Do I start a family with my parents?

Or have children with them?

Feeding, education, health care, decent accommodation... These would be my responsibilities... One my partner has to deal with them adequately also...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 28, 2021
Devgru:
because they see the wealth of their boyfriends as a means to escape the poverty of their parents
Genius: Marriage... Not a relationship...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by averageguy(m): 10:23am On Nov 28, 2021
Favfables1:

Marriage is not an "opportunity" Oga..
It's a DECISION...So there's no "maximizing" anything here, at least not in this context...

And yes, money is one of the top 3 reasons for divorce according to research, buh why does the money mostly have to come from the man?? Can't the woman make her own money and attain the "stability" you spoke about?? Is there anywhere that says women cannot attain financial stability before marriage??

Am I saying women should leave rich dudes and marry poor dudes...No... Whoever they want to is their choice. Buh I'm sick and tired of women pointing as a criteria a trait that they themselves have made no effort in cultivating...

You wanna marry a rich dude abi na stable guy, fine...are you rich yourself?? Do you have that stability that you're seeking in another??

So, I agree as well that women can, and should look, to make their own money. But even for a lady that is rich, I would say there would still be more financial security with a rich husband as well knowing that things happen in life like one person losing employment.

I disagree that marriage is not an opportunity. Behind every decision we make is an opportunity of multiple choices. For lady who marries a guy who might be financially struggling, the opportunity cost is the rich guy she could have married.

I'm a guy as well and I understand a lady might want more than I can offer. But even if every lady wants Dangote, the truth is he doesn't want all of them. At the end of the day, for everyone who gets married, they choose the best person who also desired them.

If there were two ladies with the similar character, skills and traits but the main difference is that one was a lot more physically attractive or rich, what would you do? Many desire a gorgeous wife, but that's not the main (or only) thing they need from their wives. I think a gold digger is one who is mainly after money, or who would leave after committment like marriage because they met a richer person. That's the part I detest.
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Stargurl20(f): 10:43am On Nov 28, 2021
Amotolongbo:
And moreover, if poverty is endured with parents, there's high possibility that when the parents are out of their poverty, there will remain faithful to the children. The same can't be said for more than 95% of men.
That's why I will never blame a lady who chooses not to suffer or hustle with any man. Majority of them do not deserve it.
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Deicide: 10:45am On Nov 28, 2021
why would a guy be poor and thinking about relationship
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Lucrativress(f): 1:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
IamKizzbrown10:
LET’S TALK!! Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Poverty Of Their Boyfriend?

A Nigerian man has taken to social media to pose a controversial question to women about their mindsets while going into relationships.
It is no strange knowledge that women often mention financial stability when mentioning a man they would love to date or marry. Others specifically say they would never date a broke or struggling guy.

Well, wading in on the matter, a Twitter user with username @henryruckus1 has asked why women are okay with enduring the poverty they were born into but can’t do same with their boyfriends.

He wrote:

”Pls I have a question. Why do ladies endure poverty of their parent but can not endure poverty of their boyfriend”

The post has since generated divergent views with some ladies saying that they had no choice with their parents because that’s the family they were born into, but with a boyfriend, you have the option of not ‘suffering’ with him.

So Nairaland what’s your take?
Simple answer
They had no choice to choose their Parents but they have a Choice to choose their Boyfriends.
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by PUSSYHOE(m): 1:26pm On Nov 28, 2021
Datboredberry:
Do I start a family with my parents?

Or have children with them?

Feeding, education, health care, decent accommodation... These would be my responsibilities... One my partner has to deal with adequately also...

God no bring this kind liability come my way amen.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Vinnie2000(m): 1:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
OP

The question has been answered.
They can't choose dier parents but can Choose/Pick Boyfriends!

Women naturally love Comfort, Material Things and Flashy items!

Dat's y The Serpent Targeted Eve with d Juicy-looking fruits in the Forbidden Tree! sad
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 28, 2021
PUSSYHOE:

God no bring this kind liability come my way amen.
Liability?

Am I to cater for the family alone?

It's 50/50... A poor man can't contribute anything...

Y'all be taking sh** as though financial stability isn't one of the most important things in a long-term relationship... undecided

When you see your child emaciated or when they are prevented from writing their exams... Or when you have to borrow so you can get the drugs... then you'll get it... undecided

You might be a suffer-head... But work hard to give your children a decent life...
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 28, 2021
Vinnie2000:

OP

The question has been answered.
They can't choose dier parents but can Choose/Pick Boyfriends!

Women naturally love Comfort, Material Things and Flashy items!

Dat's y The Serpent Targeted Eve with d Juicy-looking fruits in the Forbidden Tree! sad
Why don't you marry an ugly girl?

Both genders have vain standards... undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Vinnie2000(m): 2:28pm On Nov 28, 2021
Datboredberry:
Why don't you marry an ugly girl?

Both genders have vain standards... undecided

Correct!
I Totally Agree with you! We are on the same page..

But Why is dat when we Guys say we want Beautiful, fresh, low body count babes or outright Virgins as wives, Ladies always feel pained? sad

Women love money/material things While Men loves pretty, fresh and 'unused' Ladies! sad tongue
Re: Why Do Ladies Endure Poverty Of Their Parents, But Can’t Endure Their Boyfriends by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 28, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Correct!
I Totally Agree with you! We are on the same page..

But Why is dat when we Guys say we want Beautiful, fresh, low body count babes or outright Virgins as wives, Ladies always feel pained? sad

Women love money/material things While Men loves pretty, fresh and 'unused' Ladies! sad tongue
The same way the men commenting here are pained...

One called me a liability... For saying I want a husband with whom I'll share the responsibilities of parenthood with...

Read the responses...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Picture Really Make Me Cry / Only Cake N5m: Nigerian Man Leaks Chat As Fiancee Demands N12m For Wedding / Guys Please Make Us Girls Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.