Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,562 members, 7,861,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:29 PM

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction (56864 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/opobo People: Facts Vs Fiction (VIDEO) / Meet The Opobo People Of Rivers State!!! / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by bomb24: 9:49am On Dec 01, 2021
Alabo7978:
you said that is a map of Igbo subgroup, but I am seeing
Abak, eket, ikot ekpene,
Explain this.
Have you seen why even the British threw away that report?
Similar report which Horton said Nembe was Igbo, now those clowns are including Abak, ikot ekpene, eket, and you wonder why the information isn't what you see on various information repository or even the British archives.
Nwan'nem you are a fool.
Come on take this stupid rubbish out of my face.

lmossss u're so dull and dense, can't u see the clear demarcation of Igbo boundaries from her annang and ibibio neigbours? gosh. your endless tearz have clouded your sense of reasoning it is so hillarious u're claiming the british records were wrong but u can't understand a common map and boundary demarcation fucking dullard!

7 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by BKayy: 9:51am On Dec 01, 2021
Alabo7978:

Lol, parrot.
You just mentioned the true story on why Igbo became a second language.
I am carefully going to trash the bolded. YOU SAID and I quote;
"Asimini was the first true King of Bonny and reformed Bonny house system from an INDIGENOUS BLOOD KINDRED SYSTEM into a military system called Wari"
INDIGENOUS BLOOD KINDRED SYSTEM did you get that word?
Now let me ask you, about the military system called "Wari"
Wari means house, an ijoh dialect used mostly by even my own clan "Nembe"
When we want to enter someone's house, we say
Wari'o
And the house owner will say "suo'o"
Do you now see how you shot yourself in the leg?
Bkayy,Igboid, biafrarep please what is the meaning of Wari?
Why did Asimini used an "indigenous military system"? And why is it called INDIGENOUS BLOOD KINDRED system?
does the igbos use war canoe housing name? Please Igboid, biafrarep, Ekealterego SlayerForever what are your war canoe house name?
Ditaridesciple2, come and see how I'll smoke out this clowns.
Y'all will have to answer this question or no further engagement.

Secondly YOU SAID; and I quote
"It was Asimini who began the idea of using slaves to fight in battle with freeborns. He was the first to free slaves who proved themselves worthy in battle and gave them a war canoe house of theirs"
Have you now seen why SOME IBO SLAVES were given citizenship in Bonny?
Does mbanaso okwarazurumba (chief Jubo jubogha) come to your mind?
If only he knew those he set free will do this to him by trying to twist his ancestry and his "indigenous blood Wari(housing) system" he wouldn't have made such mistake.

And finally you mentioned ndoki, yes I agree. I once told y'all clowns how Asimini wedded Kambasa to an ndoki man to Foster trade, Kambasa returned left her husband after her father's death, took an ibani lover upon her return, and Ekealterego and biafrarep called it story.
If you don't trash this out, no further convo.
I will turn this into a thread using how you shot yourself on the foot with the quoted write up like Ekealterego released that beautiful document.
Don't stress yourself. Eastlink have already told you that the thread is coming. Sit tight and wait. When it is created, you will be invited to be educated like we have done to you people here.

You people always forget that these things happened in the 19th century, in the presence of European observers. You think it is a mystery or folktales.

Mr man, Europeans saw, documented and took part in almost all of the events.

13 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Alabo7978(m): 9:54am On Dec 01, 2021
BKayy:

Don't stress yourself. Eastlink have already told you that the thread is coming. Sit tight and wait. When it is created, you will be invited to be educated like we have done to you people here.

You people always forget that these things happened in the 19th century, in the presence of European observers. You think it is a mystery or folktales.

Mr man, Europeans saw, documented and took part in almost all of the events.
What Europeans? The British and their false media?
The Portuguese and the Dutch account are not the same, and they are the EARLIEST VISITORS who came when everyone was on their lane.
Below is a link to a German Doctor's account who stayed at Bonny in the 1830s
https://www.historians.org/teaching-and-learning/teaching-resources-for-historians/teaching-and-learning-in-the-digital-age/through-the-lens-of-history-biafra-nigeria-the-west-and-the-world/the-colonial-and-pre-colonial-eras-in-nigeria/an-outsiders-view-of-the-igbo-people-(1840)
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Ekealterego: 9:56am On Dec 01, 2021
GreatBoss:

They are Ibani Ijaw people.
Ndoki was Aminadokiari meaning we were looking for our relations. The white couldn't pronounce it and called it Ndoki.
Today Ibani dialect will still say Waminadokiari. Meaning same thing.
The relations they had missed and we're looking for was Bonny people.

Lol na Ndo-Oke/Nd-Oki (in their dialect) na em you turn to amananwbahwgwbauaianagahajajafajakagdnrjrhrbrjro5bri?

Ndokoro, Ndoni, Ndokereke and the rest in Abia state, arochukwu and Abam especially will be

amanidhdisnsgsyendjdjushwnekdbsgsgdjeegdjrnsmdbdbkairi

9 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GreatBoss: 9:58am On Dec 01, 2021
Lordave:
You must think you’re talking to fools like you.

So Oyibo man couldn’t pronounce Aminadokiari but he somehow managed to rename you Ndoki? You must be the biggest fool on earth to think that even an elementary school pupil will take you seriously for this nonsense you conjured up there.

How does Ndoki sound when it’s pronounced? I make bold to say that no white man can pronounce Ndoki properly even at his 100th try!

How do you pronounce Ndoki? No need to ask you cos it’s not an Ijaw word and there’s no way on earth you could have pronounced it right without hearing from an Igbo person first.

Now, in your infinite foolishness, can you tell us how the whiteman left Amina, Aminado, Minadoki, and chose to call you Ndoki? Obviously they could’ve pronounced the first 3 right without having to twist their tongues, but no, they chose to twist their tongues and call you Ndoki because they couldn’t pronounce the nonsense you conjured from your butthole up there.

Akpa amu!

We are not like Igbo who claim people online and not physical.
Go and ask them physical.
I'm Ibani and Bonny Opobo and Ndoki are all Ibani people.
And all Ibani people are Ijaw people.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Alabo7978(m): 9:59am On Dec 01, 2021
Alabo7978:

Lol, parrot.
You just mentioned the true story on why Igbo became a second language.
I am carefully going to trash the bolded. YOU SAID and I quote;
"Asimini was the first true King of Bonny and reformed Bonny house system from an INDIGENOUS BLOOD KINDRED SYSTEM into a military system called Wari"
INDIGENOUS BLOOD KINDRED SYSTEM did you get that word?
Now let me ask you, about the military system called "Wari"
Wari means house, an ijoh dialect used mostly by even my own clan "Nembe"
When we want to enter someone's house, we say
Wari'o
And the house owner will say "suo'o"
Do you now see how you shot yourself in the leg?
Bkayy,Igboid, biafrarep please what is the meaning of Wari?
Why did Asimini used an "indigenous military system"? And why is it called INDIGENOUS BLOOD KINDRED system?
does the igbos use war canoe housing name? Please Igboid, biafrarep, Ekealterego SlayerForever what are your war canoe house name?
Ditaridesciple2, come and see how I'll smoke out this clowns.
Y'all will have to answer this question or no further engagement.

Secondly YOU SAID; and I quote
"It was Asimini who began the idea of using slaves to fight in battle with freeborns. He was the first to free slaves who proved themselves worthy in battle and gave them a war canoe house of theirs"
Have you now seen why SOME IBO SLAVES were given citizenship in Bonny?
Does mbanaso okwarazurumba (chief Jubo jubogha) come to your mind?
If only he knew those he set free will do this to him by trying to twist his ancestry and his "indigenous blood Wari(housing) system" he wouldn't have made such mistake.

And finally you mentioned ndoki, yes I agree. I once told y'all clowns how Asimini wedded Kambasa to an ndoki man to Foster trade, Kambasa returned left her husband after her father's death, took an ibani lover upon her return, and Ekealterego and biafrarep called it story.
If you don't trash this out, no further convo.
I will turn this into a thread using how you shot yourself on the foot with the quoted write up like Ekealterego released that beautiful document.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GreatBoss: 10:00am On Dec 01, 2021
GreatBoss:

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by BKayy: 10:04am On Dec 01, 2021
Alabo7978:

What Europeans? The British and their false media?
The Portuguese and the Dutch account are not the same, and they are the EARLIEST VISITORS who came when everyone was on their lane.
Below is a link to a German Doctor's account who stayed at Bonny in the 1830s
https://www.historians.org/teaching-and-learning/teaching-resources-for-historians/teaching-and-learning-in-the-digital-age/through-the-lens-of-history-biafra-nigeria-the-west-and-the-world/the-colonial-and-pre-colonial-eras-in-nigeria/an-outsiders-view-of-the-igbo-people-(1840)
What type of human beings are you people.

The title of the article is "An outsiders view on Igbo people, 1840"

In the article he described Bonny in relation with Igbo mainland.
The article is filled with Igbo, Bonny, Igbo, Bonny and no part of it was the word "Ijaw" mentioned. Not once.

Please if you don't mind, can you screenshot a place where they mentioned Ijaw at all in the article?

9 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Putindbutt: 10:05am On Dec 01, 2021
Igboid:

The man said he is Igbo.

"in one of the most remote and fertile of which, called Eboe, I was born, in the year 1745, in a charming fruitful vale, named Essaka. "

---- The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano, page 2

https://www.nairaland.com/4119618/oladuah-equiano-twisted-history-igbos

This topic has been thrashed long ago on this forum.

Bkkay. You are right. We have a Bini, Igala and Ijaw problem.
For a long time we were focused on Bini problem, now we are focused on Ijaw problem.
What makes you think he wasn't referring to Etsako?
I know for a fact that if " Essaka" was anything remotely close to ibo, you guys would have linked it with anything related to ibo.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by BKayy: 10:08am On Dec 01, 2021
Putindbutt:

I know for a fact that if " Essaka" was anything close to ibo, you guys would have linked it with anything remotely related to ibo.
If what he described was Etsako then Etsako will be considered as a thick Igbo town.
He did not mention a name but described, days, market days, names of things etc.

Please focus on the title of thread, we are talking about Bonny here

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GreatBoss: 10:10am On Dec 01, 2021
BKayy:

The article is filled with Igbo, Bonny, Igbo, Bonny and no part of it was the word "Ijaw" mentioned. Not once.

Please if you don't mind, can you screenshot a place where they mentioned Ijaw at all in the article?

We Ijaws believe in physical not online lies that could be created by anyone.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Lordave: 10:18am On Dec 01, 2021
GreatBoss:

I don’t care what you are or what you choose to identify as, you can as well choose to be called Akuya Sokoto but that’s none of my business.

I only wanted to let you know that your claim that White men called you Ndoki because they couldn’t pronounce and unrelated junk you conjured up there is an insult to even people who tell lies for a living.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by ariesbull: 10:19am On Dec 01, 2021
Alabo7978:

Shut up, he was a Beni man
Don't you see your screenshots shows you he was taken from great Beni?
clown.... He is from the great wilderness of Siberia northern Russia

Ozuor

7 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Putindbutt: 10:23am On Dec 01, 2021
Ekealterego:

I do not think he minced words when he said he was Igbo. He even stated the name of his village which can still be found in Delta state, present-day Anioma. He said "Benin Kingdom", meaning that Benin probably received royalties and tax from that area and therefore would be the right administrative term to explain the area. Let us assume he meant Benin. Are Igbo people not born outside of Igboland?
You now sounding like a clown. Are we now left with personal inferences?. Well, isn't what most of you have been doing for the most part of the thread.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Ekealterego: 10:25am On Dec 01, 2021
BKayy:

If what he described was Etsako then Etsako will be considered as a thick Igbo town.
He did not mention a name but described, days, market days, names of things etc.

It is now called Ashaka. it is in Anioma. Don't mind the guy.

5 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Putindbutt: 10:28am On Dec 01, 2021
BKayy:

Lol, the smoke is coming out again.
Tell us something we don't know.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 10:28am On Dec 01, 2021
Putindbutt:

I know for a fact that if " Essaka" was anything remotely close to ibo, you guys would have linked it with anything related to ibo.

Essaka is Isieke today in Ihiala, some say Ashaka, but Ashaka in Ukwuani has no culture of having Ich marks(Mberenchi) . And he mentioned that he is "Eboe".
He mentioned about the Mberenchi( the Ichi mark bearing Nri People), who were known in Bonny as Beretchi.

Olauda noted that his people measured years in *Ah-foh* ie Afor which means years in Igbo.

Infact you have no point. I see what you are doing.
You hope to derail this thread.

8 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Ekealterego: 10:32am On Dec 01, 2021
Putindbutt:

You now sounding like a clown. Are we now left with personal inferences?. Well, isn't what most of you have been doing for the most part of the thread.
I am going by your very own statements.
My assumption is based on what you are saying.

By the way, here is where he was born. In Ashaka (Anioma), Delta state, close to Isoko.

I only wanted you to display all your ignorance first.

3 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by ariesbull: 10:32am On Dec 01, 2021
Ekealterego:

he meant Isseke and his compound is there till tomorrow

Ashaka don't reverence python as Equano said... But Eseke people near river Niger do... That is a pointer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Putindbutt: 10:33am On Dec 01, 2021
Ekealterego:

I knew it!.. The smoke is getting thicker grin

Let's watch ibo intelligentsia connect Etsako, a thick ibo town with Ashaka in Anioma.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Ekealterego: 10:34am On Dec 01, 2021
Igboid:

Essaka is Isieke today in Ihiala, some say Ashaka, but Ashaka in Ukwuani has no culture of having Ich marks(Mberenchi) . And he mentioned that he is "Eboe".
He mentioned about the Mberenchi( the Ichi mark bearing Nri People), who were known in Bonny as Beretchi.

Olauda noted that his people measured years in *Ah-foh* ie Afor which means years in Igbo.

Infact you have no point. I see what you are doing.
You hope to derail this thread.

Yeah, he should not be given the opportunity to derail the thread he can open another thread.

This same book he described Eboe as "his nation"

5 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Alabo7978(m): 10:34am On Dec 01, 2021
BKayy:

Fool, I'm not screenshoting, you just skimmed through it.
He mentioned the igbos were good at industry and trading and because they moved about, their languages became spoken in the other coastal tribe. He also said the ibos there are were slaves who were not born there or at atleast ibos brought FROM THE HINTERLANDS.
He also said the Bonny language was the mother tongue. They call Igbo land igbinni which was filled with great forests and mighty trees, rich in crops like maize, rice, palm oil, elephants.
He also said the Bonny canoes navigate up the river to go and buy these things as provisions for the coastal inhabitants who don't grow all of these.
(Even my grandmother in the 1930's - 60's was well known in my community, she takes her trading canoe and Moore in up to ndele to sell crafish and periwinkles and other sea foods, then she use the money to buy garri, ugu leaves, palm oil, maize etc to come and sell in our ama)
They also say they are warlike and rapacious and wild. And the Bonny man will say 'iboman Wawa too much"
Translating to iboman is very wicked.

You can't read, so you subjected me to stress myself to pick out what your eyes should have caught.
You're a fool for stressing me.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Ekealterego: 10:36am On Dec 01, 2021
Putindbutt:

Let's watch ibo intelligentsia connect Etsako, a thick ibo town with Ashaka in Anioma.

I know intelligence is not one of you guys strong points... can't you see the place is even close to the river?

Here he described Igbo as his nation.

Do not detail the thread, Biko. you can open another thread to discuss it.

4 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by ariesbull: 10:37am On Dec 01, 2021
Ekealterego:

Ashaka don't reverence python as Equano said... But iseke people near river Niger do... That is a pointer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EdhpeMSCPc

2 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by ariesbull: 10:38am On Dec 01, 2021
Putindbutt:

Watch this video

Read the book and Iseke don't kill python till date and Equano even said it that they reverence python

Ashaka isn't it.... Make una dey use sens of geography naaa

2 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Putindbutt: 10:42am On Dec 01, 2021
ariesbull:

Ashaka don't reverence python as Equano said... But Eseke people near river Niger do... That is a pointer
The smoke is even getting more thicker cheesy

Can we for once appreciate this thread for exposing revisionists.
It would be a good watch seeing how you guys would reconcile the dots and connect them.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by BKayy: 10:48am On Dec 01, 2021
Alabo7978:

He mentioned the igbos were good at industry and trading and because they moved about, their languages became spoken in the other coastal tribe. He also said the ibos there are were slaves who were not born there or at atleast ibos brought FROM THE HINTERLANDS.
He also said the Bonny language was the mother tongue. They call Igbo land igbinni which was filled with great forests and mighty trees, rich in crops like maize, rice, palm oil, elephants.
He also said the Bonny canoes navigate up the river to go and buy these things as provisions for the coastal inhabitants who don't grow all of these.
(Even my grandmother in the 1930's - 60's was well known in my community, she takes her trading canoe and Moore in up to ndele to sell crafish and periwinkles and other sea foods, then she use the money to buy garri, ugu leaves, palm oil, maize etc to come and sell in our ama)
They also say they are warlike and rapacious and wild. And the Bonny man will say 'iboman Wawa too much"

You can't read, so you subjected me to stress myself to pick out what your eyes should have caught.
And where is the word "Ijaw" in all these?

7 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by BKayy: 10:49am On Dec 01, 2021
Putindbutt:

Lol, the smoke is coming out again.
Tell us something we don't know.
He wasn't referring to Etsako in Edo state.
Got it?

4 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Ekealterego: 10:49am On Dec 01, 2021
ariesbull:

Ashaka don't reverence python as Equano said... But iseke people near river Niger do... That is a pointer

Okay.. that's great to learn. Iseke also describes the geography very well.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Ekealterego: 10:51am On Dec 01, 2021
Alabo7978:

it is not his fault. You didn't post the direct link where you got this particular extract from

5 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by BKayy: 10:52am On Dec 01, 2021
Ekealterego:

No, Isseke in Ihiala LGA of Anambra state.
The only part that is off from History is the Bini part

4 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Ekealterego: 10:53am On Dec 01, 2021
BKayy:

No, Isseke in Ihiala LGA of Anambra state.
The only part that is off from History is the Bini part
Okay, it describes the geography well.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (91) (Reply)

Bello, El-Rufai's Son Shares Another Photo Of His Father And Tinubu / The Lady Sacked For Attending Peter Obi Rally Has Started Work Immediately / Saraki Speaks On ‘stepping Down’ For Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.