Stats: 3,152,918 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction - Politics (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction (53713 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/opobo People: Facts Vs Fiction (VIDEO) / Meet The Opobo People Of Rivers State!!! / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Malawian(m): 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2021
JANK23H:

The "daftest" of them all speaks.
You Jo-men first ever recorded foray on land was after the Anglo-Aro war.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Malawian(m): 4:30pm On Dec 18, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Nwanne I'm just seeing this now. What a damning commentary on Alagoa's professionalism.

These criticisms of the quack Alagoa seem to be coming from multiple sources
It would be good to put a picture to the name Alagoa, let's know who we are even dealing with. Anyone has his pictures?
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Malawian(m): 4:34pm On Dec 18, 2021
ChinenyeN:
ThickSharon123, going by your profile, you’ve only been on NL for the second half of this year. So I’ll extend some grace to you, since it’s possible that you do not know my comments on this platform. As an extension of that grace, I’ll encourage you to go and read through a thread called The Extent of Alaigbo right here on NL. Feel free to browse for my contributions on this topic, and feel free to see the timestamp for when those contributions were made. Thanks.
Madam, you might have one Igbo parent and one Ijaw parent.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by ChinenyeN(m): 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2021
Malawian:
Madam, you might have one Igbo parent and one Ijaw parent.
Yeah, this isn’t true. Anyhow, whether anyone on this platform likes it or not, I’m as proudly Igbo as it gets. They’ll just have to live with that simple fact.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Putindbutt: 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2021
ChinenyeN:
, going by your profile, you’ve only been on NL for the second half of this year. So I’ll extend some grace to you, since it’s possible that you do not know my comments on this platform. As an extension of that grace, I’ll encourage you to go and read through a thread called The Extent of Alaigbo right here on NL. Feel free to browse for my contributions on this topic, and feel free to see the timestamp for when those contributions were made. Thanks.
Stop giving that thing the attention. She has nothing upstairs, only jumping around naked from one poster to another.

Go through this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6897301/notable-ijaw-scholars-history-book
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by ThickSharon123(f): 12:04am On Dec 19, 2021
Putindbutt:

Stop giving that thing the attention. She has nothing upstairs, only jumping around naked from one poster to another.

Go through this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6897301/notable-ijaw-scholars-history-book

grin grin grin... Some people can analyze themselves eh. And I didn't see it, he was scared to tag me.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 9:41pm On Dec 19, 2021
Mancoconut ke ihe mezinu. Anyị anurozi onu gi chaa chaa
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 9:42pm On Dec 19, 2021
warripekin:
So far on this peace of history, igbo's have proven themselves. It is evidently clear ijaws are recent people in Bony and Opopo. Strange enough, the few Bony/ Opopo persons I know like the ogolo's , jombo's and even Jaja's have never admitted they are Ijaw. Any way , the Ijaws are known across the Niger Delta as land grabbers. That was how they suddenly woke up in Warri in the late nineties and started fighting over Itsekiri lands . Even in Bomadi, Sagbama and Warri south west LGA , they succeeded in laying claims to some of the communities there , whereas they are minorities in these places. I have much to talk about Ijaws in Delta and Bayelsa, but I guess this not the right place. So far , Igbo's 100 - ijaws 0.

Abulo ke the way. I bụ nwafo?

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2021
gifted21:

Bros, why you dey mention me?
I don't like to argue,
One of my mentors said " A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still"

l will ask simple questions when you solve it you have half the answers to your questions.

Who was Chief Oko Jumbo of the Jumbo major house of bonny?
Which "meat" was he eating according to history?
Why was ibani language not spoken to the slaves?
How and why did the adulterated Igbo language infiltrate okoloma(bonny)
Who was juwujuwu( jaja) a slave to in bonny?
Who made him king?
Is Ndoki closer to bonny through the coastline?
Who or where do they crown the king of bonny?
Is opobo a part of bonny or a separate entity that came on its own?
Who were the slaves, where are they from?
I could go on and on
Conclusion? Draw it yourself when you have answer to these questions

Nne ke ka ịme? You didn't even bother to say hi all these while.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by AfonjaFula: 8:19am On Dec 20, 2021
Poetry being worked since the Covid -from the this updates Bonny's own history have become what it's supposed.
People have played with fire am sorry

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by AfonjaFula: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2021
Here, there in that word indigenalization, I used to think and said that it became off the new slaves members that the masses culture became Igbo and the question of aged Igbo existence I put side by side with ijaw but never knew those history I then read was all along trying to tell Brass.
Owerri Daba I saw it in that history book and got shocked at the name Owerri.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2021
How are you all cheesy
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 3:45pm On Dec 20, 2021
Let's all appreciate this beautiful display of Igbo culture in our Bonny Island. I feel like I should join them cheesy

https://www./1653702151529177/permalink/3282118458687530/?app=fbl

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by ScamHunter: 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2021
Wow.... guys, I read nearly every sentence of this post, especially those made by our Igbo people because they were backed with facts, documented factual history. This is phenomenal and the very best post I've seen on Nairaland. I generally stopped reading most of the Ijaw comments when I saw that they were mostly fluffy and without substance. Ndigbo una too much sha...

Scoreline:

Ndigbo 100 - Jo Men 0

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 11:57pm On Dec 20, 2021
Let's also enjoy this dance steps from umu Ubani Opobo. Listen to the mc of the occasion speaking the language of the Igbo nation wink

https://www.facebook.com/1821465908112344/posts/3226128140979440/?app=fbl

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Eastlink(m): 12:03pm On Dec 22, 2021
SlayerForever:
Let's also enjoy this dance steps from umu Ubani Opobo. Listen to the mc of the occasion speaking the language of the Igbo nation wink

https://www.facebook.com/1821465908112344/posts/3226128140979440/?app=fbl
wow, nice

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Eastlandx: 11:21am On Dec 23, 2021
AfonjaFula:
Poetry being worked since the Covid -from the this updates Bonny's own history have become what it's supposed.
People have played with fire am sorry
Which book is this?

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Eastlink(m): 12:08pm On Dec 23, 2021
Malawian:

It would be good to put a picture to the name Alagoa, let's know who we are even dealing with. Anyone has his pictures?
Yeah. To say the fraudster was invited to a Tedx talk in P/H in 2019 is a big slap on the academic community and Rivers people.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Eastlandx: 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2021
SlayerForever:

Nne ke ka ịme? You didn't even bother to say hi all these while.

Which book is this pls
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 3:11pm On Dec 23, 2021
Eastlandx:

Which book is this pls

cc Afonjafula

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by dogheart: 11:28am On Dec 25, 2021
Who do Kalabari refer to as OMONI ? The original omoni of Kalabari are the Igbos till tomorrow. Some Omoni become free during the slave trade and undergo some ritual to become members of the family . An Omoni simply means servant or slave . WARI BIO BE APU means members of the family .

Putindbutt:
Among the ijaws, there were trading ports both for slaves either merchants, where there were ibos and ibibio admixtures. The ijaws of Okrika, Bonny, Buguma, Abonnema, Bakanna, Nembe, Brass etc are ascriptive and assimilationist in their culture.
Ibos were welcomed into the household and never referred to as slaves, instead they were" people of the house" (wari bio apu). The Kalabaris never referred to the ibos who were assimilated as slaves ( even though they were). They were members of the household who had rights as the biological children of the chiefs and in certain circumstances had more rights than the children of the chiefs or head of household.
The riverine chiefs traded extensively with ibos. They have large plantations, special markets and even "colonies" within all parts of iboland, hence the " Kalabari beach" in Oguta, Imo state.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by ThumbzTNA(m): 11:33am On Dec 25, 2021
dogheart:

Who do Kalabari refer to as OMONI ? The original omoni of Kalabari are the Igbos till tomorrow. Some Omoni become free during the slave trade and undergo some ritual to become members of the family . An Omoni simply means servant or slave . WARI BIO BE APU means members of the family .

Another piece of fantastically rubbish history pulled out of the ass of a hallucinating drunken imp

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by dogheart: 11:33am On Dec 25, 2021
ScamHunter:
Wow.... guys, I read nearly every sentence of this post, especially those made by our Igbo people because they were backed with facts, documented factual history. This is phenomenal and the very best post I've seen on Nairaland. I generally stopped reading most of the Ijaw comments when I saw that they were mostly fluffy and without substance. Ndigbo una too much sha...

Scoreline:

Ndigbo 100 - Jo Men 0

If you like call us or refer to us as Onitsha, Abia, and not just Igbo, you can not change the title of our kings from AMAYANABO to Eze or Obi. We wll continue to bear Ijaw names like Tonye, Prinye, Boma, Dabota, Data, Adagogo, Dakuku .

We have never been Okafor, Ngozi, Nkechi or Chiago.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Liebermantic: 12:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
dogheart:

If you like call us or refer to us as Onitsha, Abia, and not just Igbo, you can not change the title of our kings from AMAYANABO to Eze or Obi. We wll continue to bear Ijaw names like Tonye, Prinye, Boma, Dabota, Data, Adagogo, Dakuku .

We have never been Okafor, Ngozi, Nkechi or Chiago.
Check the names Bonny people bear before 1967..The Ijaw picture was possible through Ijaw Governors In 1967, riding on Igbophobic tendency

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by RobbStark(m): 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
Liebermantic:

Check the names Bonny people bear before 1967..The Ijaw picture was possible through Ijaw Governors In 1967, riding on Igbophobic tendency

Bonny n Opobo people are Ijaws.
Why not mention some of the names here of they were ibos.

Y'all shud continue winning online, the real winners are already in the lands.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Liebermantic: 1:52pm On Dec 25, 2021
RobbStark:

Bonny n Opobo people are Ijaws.
Why not mention some of the names here of they were ibos.

Y'all shud continue winning online, the real winners are already in the lands.
Oko
Ani( Annie)
Ubani
Okpara
Ndoli
Opobo
Alagbara-iye
Edimini
Ashimini
Okpara Ashimini
Fubara
Etc

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by RobbStark(m): 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2021
Liebermantic:

Oko
Ani( Annie)
Ubani
Okpara
Ndoli
Opobo
Alagbara-iye
Edimini
Ashimini
Okpara Ashimini
Fubara
Etc

Hahahaha grin cheesy cheesy
Tell me it's a joke

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Liebermantic: 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2021
RobbStark:

Tell me it's a joke
Go back to the Original History.. Ijaw came into Bonny picture from 1967
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Liebermantic: 3:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
RobbStark:

Tell me it's a joke
Truly, you're not from Bonny

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Ekealterego: 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2021
Liebermantic:

Robbstark is from Bayelsa. However, he will kill himself just to have superior DNA in his system.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by RobbStark(m): 6:32pm On Dec 25, 2021
Liebermantic:

Did I tell you I am from Bonny??

I am from Opobo and I am Ijaw.
When are guys showing me someone who has said he is Ibo and from Opobo or Bonny.

Are there no nlands from Opobo or Bonny in this section.

Continue fooling yourselves here, the Ijaws own those places and there is nothing you say here can change that.

All I know is that 2weeks from now, all these noises will fade out and una go dey alright

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (90) (Reply)

Police Release Statement On Arrest Of Rotimi Amaechi / Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. / Adeleke Mamora, Minister Stops His Convoy To Clear Traffic In Apo, Abuja