Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,338 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) (36399 Views)

If Wizkid Were The One Who Did The ₦1 Million Challenge (An Opinion) / Wizkid, Peter And Paul Okoye Pictured Together / P'square: Peter And Paul Okoye Split Finally (Details Of The Breakup) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by Seun360(m): 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
I share the same opinion with the OP.
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by KiNg0G: 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
Chimurake:
Who be the top 2 oga?
1) wizkid 2) burna boy 3)davido
davido dropped from 2 to 3 this year...due to the Grammy effects.
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by MERCHANDISER: 1:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
omenkaLives:
Besides Temptation (never mind the beat was completely copied), can't see any of their tracks worth listening to.

Their prospects of a good comeback is as green as that of Style Plus.�

Tell me a Nigerian singer whose track is worth listening to?
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by Ekealterego: 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
Champneys:
Totally agree, their time has come and gone.

Nah agidi remain.
Go to YouTube of Nigerian Music released in the past two years. ONLY TWO SONGS have more streams than "Reason with me"!

They have a massive fan base outside of Nigeria. Most people based in Nigeria are completely ignorant of the fanbase outside of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by shantti(m): 1:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
KiNg0G:

Exactly bro.
The game has changed... except they start giving modern vibes.

If they still focus on those old school pattern, sorry for them.

Define modern vibes
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by Okeziesg(m): 1:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
Am a fan of people square. But am totally in agreement with this opinion. ..the kind of music they dish out back then is gradually fizzing out. For me they are up coming artists now.
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by shantti(m): 1:41pm On Nov 29, 2021
omenkaLives:
Besides Temptation (never mind the beat was completely copied), can't see any of their tracks worth listening to.

Their prospects of a good comeback is as green as that of Style Plus.�

Where was temptation beat copied from
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by Okeziesg(m): 1:41pm On Nov 29, 2021
Let me quote what 2pac said..."Though we came from same place..money and fame made us change places".
shocked

KiNg0G:
I think it's too late for Peter and Paul (psquare)
They were the deal after the era of 2face, but greed got a hold of them... Just too bad.

The duo who sang various hits songs that gained international recognitions would have put their name in the hall of fame, by winning grammies ( yes, they had it coming) but they let their emotions ruin it all.

Who don't know psqauare?
Rnb, pop, hiphop abi na party jam?
Quality videos and dance choreography.

However their break up paved the way open for a lot of upcoming artist, maybe we won't have been hearing the name fireboy today or omah lay or rema.

just maybe wizkid might not have won his first Grammy award.(not when the duos are still there at the top)

Just maybe burna boy might still have been underated, because the bigs shots psquare are there holding the number one spot

Hearing the news of their reunion gave us joy, but still we all know the game have changed.
Their era is somehow long passed!

Am afraid to say, Peter and Paul held their career down with their own hands and I see nothing much left for them in the present nigeria music industry filled with youngsters with different beats, voice and styles.

Making comebacks it's not easy, especially when it's this long, if not ask 2face and Duncan mighty how e dey be cheesy.

Psquare songs are good, no doubts but Times have changed.

We are talking about two "married men" with wife's and kids competing with this Young folks out here afresh, it won't be easy.

just an opinion
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by shantti(m): 1:53pm On Nov 29, 2021
if psquare releases another emotional song like omoge mi or reason with me. Trust me all this mad vibes from Nigeria artist will come to a full stop for the main time. Emotions have a strong way of taking hold of us. And that is psquare's greatest weapon. They can do music that makes us to melt and become soft. Their music is like water to a thirsty soul.

1 Like

Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by KiNg0G: 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2021
shantti:
if psquare releases another emotional song like omoge mi or reason with me. Trust me all this mad vibes from Nigeria artist will come to a full stop for the main time. Emotions have a strong way of taking hold of us. And that is psquare's greatest weapon. They can do music that makes us to melt and become soft. Their music is like water to a thirsty soul.
see this mumu, you fit say yahoo boys won sit-down dey listen to omoge mi, atibelu mi, otise muyeti mu.

wetin I go do your best friend.

hahahaha..

2 Likes

Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by Humorme2(f): 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2021
Typing epistle over what is none of your concern.
The height of joblessness

1 Like

Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by kingjoe(m): 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2021
Chimurake:

Who be the top 2 oga?
Brother I don't mean it that way .
Arguably,some say Davido is number 1, others say wizkid is number 1.while others say it's Burna boy.for the past three years or so in Nigeria.
The choice is yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by shantti(m): 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
KiNg0G:

see this mumu, you fit say yahoo boys won sit-down dey listen to omoge mi, atibelu mi, otise muyeti mu.

wetin I go do your best friend.

hahahaha..

U r a bigger mumu to think that Yahoo boys are the only listeners of Nigerian music. Olodo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2021
MERCHANDISER:

Is there any musician in the history of music that everybody finds ALL of his or her songs worth listening to??
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by KiNg0G: 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
shantti:

U r a bigger mumu to think that Yahoo boys are the only listeners of Nigerian music. Olodo.
Yahoo boys are not the only listeners of music.
but they control the crowd.

even the musicians are yahoo boys themselves.. things have evolved.

nobody wants to listen to those simp songs by psquare.
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by MosheDayan: 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2021
SkyFlyGang:

Which gay niggas love to drill... lol
are you gay? shocked
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by shantti(m): 2:13pm On Nov 29, 2021
KiNg0G:

Yahoo boys are not the only listeners of music.
but they control the crowd.

even the musicians are yahoo boys themselves.. things have evolved.

nobody wants to listen to those simp songs by psquare.

Yahoo boys controls the crowd? Lol. It's obvious you r a teenager so there is no need making a baseless argument with u. Do u think older folks don't listen to music. How is my aunty whose favorite musics are all psquare's song controlled by Yahoo boys choices. The way people perceive music is different.
The way I perceive music is different from the way u perceive music. No one can make u to like a music u aren't feeling. Grow up bro.
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by omenkaLives(m): 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
shantti:

Where was temptation beat copied from
Clubing, by Marques Houston.
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by KiNg0G: 2:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
shantti:

Yahoo boys controls the crowd? Lol. It's obvious you r a teenager so there is no need making a baseless argument with u. Do u think older folks don't listen to music. How is my aunty whose favorite musics are all psquare's song controlled by Yahoo boys choices. The way people perceive music is different.
The way I perceive music is different from the way u perceive music. No one can make u to like a music u aren't feeling. Grow up bro.
quiet your mouth there, you could be talking to your grandfather over here.. careful who you call a teenager.

we talking entertainment, nigeria music industry business...not what your grand father, mother and aunty likes.

once again quiet your mouth, kiddo.
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by omenkaLives(m): 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
MERCHANDISER:

Paul Play, Asa, Brymo, Burna Boy, Wande Coal, Umu Obiligbo, just to mention a few.
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by omenkaLives(m): 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
then you don't know music cheesy

good morning my love
had a great time with you kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Werey. How you accommodate yourself inside your mind is a stuff of legend indeed. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by MERCHANDISER: 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2021
omenkaLives:
Paul Play, Asa, Brymo, Burna Boy, Wande Coal, Umu Obiligbo, just to mention a few.
apart from Asa other ones are trash
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by omenkaLives(m): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2021
MERCHANDISER:
apart from Asa other ones are trash
That is completely false. If you hold firm to that opinion, then you probably don't appreciate good music that much.
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by Seun360(m): 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
They will definitely split again cos the industry will choke them.
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by JOemmy(m): 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
Every musician will definitely fade away some day even p square themselves knows this they probably came together now for a final cash out of what is left of them.
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by MERCHANDISER: 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
omenkaLives:
That is completely false. If you hold firm to that opinion, then you probably don't appreciate good music that much.
So even the bourna boy also have good music?
Tell me any of his song that makes sense just one.

They are all noise makers

1 Like

Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by NORSIYK(m): 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
seanwilliam:

Just shut up . I hate this kind of energy haba.

The one he has is what ?

Don't be a fool. Burna is the real Grammy winner
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by Goldbw122(m): 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2021
This is what i called NEXT
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by Chochovini: 2:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
backbencher:
Soja come, soja go, barrack remain

There are tons of music stars that will eventually fade away.

Anyone remember Dizzy K ? Hot in 1988, remembered by very few today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iECYYgHmR_U

or Blackky?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Giga9r7cyU

Or William Onyeabor...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fnTxm1u_34

No?

Every star has their day. P-square have had their day, they are at the end of the road.
. Pls who is Dizzy K, or Blackky or Onyeabor? Are these names of some former musicians? If yes, how come I never heard about any of them?
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by shantti(m): 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2021
KiNg0G:

quiet your mouth there, you could be talking to your grandfather over here.. careful who you call a teenager.

we talking entertainment, nigeria music industry business...not what your grand father, mother and aunty likes.

once again quiet your mouth, kiddo.

Ur so stupid to think that only Young folks are consumers of entertainment. A lot of old folks like psaquare and flavour.
I used my aunty as a example cos that is how statistics work. She is a part of statistics. Stop reeking of ignorance child.
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by fatjo(m): 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2021
You will see life different when you grow up
Re: I Think It's Too Late For Peter And Paul psquare ( An Opinion) by Chochovini: 2:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
Viridis:
I support u 100%
. I think I like this your moniker. Sounds more like a botanical name of a plant or something.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Yemi Alade Was Disgraced In Germany / Wizkid Arrives UK In Swag For Show,What Would Basketmouth Refer Him As?(Pics) / #bbnaija: Don Jazzy Reacts To Anto And Khloe’s Midnight Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.