Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,402 members, 7,836,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! (38673 Views)

Warning!!! Fairmoney Loan App Will Do This To You / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? / 5 Important keys on how to Secure a loan from a bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Vello(m): 7:28am On Nov 30, 2021
Tabithatim:
Come and see o! A particular loan app in this Nigeria has been threatening me over a loan that isn’t due, out of 6 instalments I’ve paid 3 and now just some hours after the 3rd instalment is to be paid they’ve started sending me threatening messages and even had the guts to contact people on my contact list that I’m late on my payment. This is so wrong!!

So in July I took out a loan of 150k to pay back in 6 months, they gave me their rules and how I’ll pay it (make I no even talk the big interest rate way dem give me, that one one na topic for anoda day). After confirming my loan on the 2nd of July, it took 4 days for the money to reflect in my account after many stories and mails to them. Can you imagine that these guys have been debiting me on the 2nd of every month claiming that’s when my loan was approved and it’s from my end there was a delay. That’s so unprofessional and mean! I’ve tried to speak with someone on their end but nothing…they’re just speaking English. I don’t know how to report them. Now they’re threatening me even though they’re the ones at wrong.

Most of these loan companies don't care about you or your reputation o. They will promise you heaven & earth everything join with sweet words, they will trick you with social media ads only to lure you in and torture you.

I just tire. I’m soooo pained that I even had to take a loan in the first place and this is what they’re putting a customer through. Na only to dey dirty people name them sabi all these loan apps are one kind and maybe even fraudulent cause not only is their interest rates too high, they shouldn’t be allowed to threaten people at all even if they’ve missed a payment date; it’s just wrong. Is this how all loan apps are? What can I do? I heard FairMoney and some other loan apps are better?
If you know your rights, no dottard or idiot would harrass you for a loan not due.
The attached is my response to one idiot threatening me to pay even before the agreed date

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Godbless3(m): 7:30am On Nov 30, 2021
Kennedy97:

Fair money no dey blackmail people
But them worry you well well if you default

I didn't say they blackmail, I said, i can't give give anybody access to my inbox and contact list after giving you my BVN.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by temiregiddy: 7:31am On Nov 30, 2021
Let me correct you there. “Unless you’re borrowing from the wrong people Loans are bad!” If you use good loan companies like Fair money you don’t have any worries
babyfaceafrica:
He who goes a borrowing goes asorrowing. Unless, you want to do business. Loans are bad!
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Glitcher: 7:31am On Nov 30, 2021
mauriceju2:
there are laws regulating loan/interest rates in Nigeria, let the loan apps follow the laws and regulation. According to the law, no lender can prosecute any defaulter until after 1 year of owing, according to the law and regulation in Nigeria, interest rate is maximum of 48% per annum which is 4% monthly. wicked lenders and their agents loan their money out to receive interest as high as 50% weekly /monthly plus capital. That is unspeakable evil of man to another man and if you cannot see it then it is because you yourself are part of this grave wickedness to humanity, they all know their business is wicked that is why they are hiding from CBN and others regulators,
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
grin I almost thought I had another account then I remembered copy and paste, spread the word, the more people are aware the better for us.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by terrypartners(m): 7:37am On Nov 30, 2021
Thatedoboy98 9post=108070806:
Go pay ur money

Before trolling anyone online you need to be thoughtful.

Probably you work for one of the online loan app coys.

Every offender and persecution has rights
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by valnelly(m): 7:39am On Nov 30, 2021
Any way you look at it. Borrowing from loan apps is a bad choice. I don see pepper from those people hand.
Gocash, 9credit, Sokoloan and others will make you want to kill yourself by yourself.
Only Carbon, Quickcheck, Aella Credit, and Fairmoney are the ones with small human sympathy. But all the same, stay away from borrowing online, borrow from your workplace, family friends and close associates..

2 Likes

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by terrypartners(m): 7:42am On Nov 30, 2021

Every offender and persecution have rights

This is the most infantile, ignorant, imbecilic and simpleton response so far.

Thatedoboy98:
Go pay ur money
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by ShoeShineGuy: 7:43am On Nov 30, 2021
Thatedoboy98:
Go pay ur money
Lmao..
But na so!
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by SavageResponse(m): 7:43am On Nov 30, 2021
OSDD:

You are very retarded, he has paid for 3 installment, he was about to pay for the third before they started harassing him.. You just stupid naturally ...

You speak as if you were there to know that he is telling the truth and did not actually default
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Bakerdav: 7:46am On Nov 30, 2021
valnelly:
Any way you look at it. Borrowing from loan apps is a bad choice. I don see pepper from those people hand.
Gocash, 9credit, Sokoloan and others will make you want to kill yourself by yourself.
Only Carbon, Quickcheck, Aella Credit, and Fairmoney are the ones with small human sympathy. But all the same, stay away from borrowing online, borrow from your workplace, family friends and close associates..
I tell u bro,loan app r bad pple o

1 Like

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by 7abibi(m): 7:46am On Nov 30, 2021
Tabithatim:
Come and see o! A particular loan app in this Nigeria has been threatening me over a loan that isn’t due, out of 6 instalments I’ve paid 3 and now just some hours after the 3rd instalment is to be paid they’ve started sending me threatening messages and even had the guts to contact people on my contact list that I’m late on my payment. This is so wrong!!

So in July I took out a loan of 150k to pay back in 6 months, they gave me their rules and how I’ll pay it (make I no even talk the big interest rate way dem give me, that one one na topic for anoda day). After confirming my loan on the 2nd of July, it took 4 days for the money to reflect in my account after many stories and mails to them. Can you imagine that these guys have been debiting me on the 2nd of every month claiming that’s when my loan was approved and it’s from my end there was a delay. That’s so unprofessional and mean! I’ve tried to speak with someone on their end but nothing…they’re just speaking English. I don’t know how to report them. Now they’re threatening me even though they’re the ones at wrong.

Most of these loan companies don't care about you or your reputation o. They will promise you heaven & earth everything join with sweet words, they will trick you with social media ads only to lure you in and torture you.

I just tire. I’m soooo pained that I even had to take a loan in the first place and this is what they’re putting a customer through. Na only to dey dirty people name them sabi all these loan apps are one kind and maybe even fraudulent cause not only is their interest rates too high, they shouldn’t be allowed to threaten people at all even if they’ve missed a payment date; it’s just wrong. Is this how all loan apps are? What can I do? I heard FairMoney and some other loan apps are better?
Loanbook worst, don't even try them.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by charixel: 7:46am On Nov 30, 2021
Heard of specta as well
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Temmybaba08: 7:47am On Nov 30, 2021
OSDD:

You are very retarded, he has paid for 3 installment, he was about to pay for the third before they started harassing him.. You just stupid naturally ...

U mean stupid Make I add IDIOT join am=STUPIDIDIOT.���
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by terrypartners(m): 7:49am On Nov 30, 2021

Every debtor and creditor has fundamental rights
Tinubuadvocate:
Pay your debt oni gbese.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by SavageResponse(m): 7:49am On Nov 30, 2021
terrypartners:

Once someone tells a debtor to go pay his debt you people automatically assume he works for a loan company.

Anyway birds of the same feather flock together, that is the reason why you are supporting a debtor who has refused to repay his loan!
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Shusher: 7:51am On Nov 30, 2021
rentAcock:
This thread is very suspicious and I'm really surprised it made front page. Almost everyone suggesting or enquiring about "fair money" created their nairaland account in January 2019, some accounts were even created on the same day. The OP is shilling/ advertising this fair money loan provider likely with his multiple fake naiariand accounts, becareful.

You're smart!

I also noticed in his closing statements. He couldn't even mention the name of the said problem loan shark.

Fairmoney agent obviously looking for cheap adverts.
Might be Toyin Abraham herself or paid goons from her since she just became their ambassador.

Looking to increase registration traffic grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Trustedpronet: 7:51am On Nov 30, 2021
Try LAPO loan, dem never come cease your foam wey you take dey sleep you dey complain about online threat. Guy huzzle pay off your debt and sleep well.

1 Like

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by phazotron(m): 7:51am On Nov 30, 2021
Chiffy:
CARBON still remains the best, then Fairmoney.

Sokoloan - 9credit, xcredit, lcredit, all are managed by the devil and his sons

Add cashsea fast money and 9ja cash
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by ShoeShineGuy: 7:52am On Nov 30, 2021
terrypartners:

No one is trolling nobody bro. I also use all these loan apps honestly when I go broke but I ensure I pay back way before the time I agreed to do so because I know they can play dirty if I do otherwise. I currently have an overdraft of 50k on Kuda & I took 20k out of it just some days back. My payback deadline is 10th December but I'm paying back on or before the 5th. Would have attached a screenshot but Kuda never permits one to take a shot of their app page.

Also last month, I took 20k from FairMoney to be repaid in 15days but I returned their money on day 4 because my wife insisted I return their money after telling her later. In fact, she provided the money which I added to the monthly housekeep later when I became buoyant.

It's what it is. Always remember these guys too are humans and are in this business to make profit plus this is Nigeria, majority are mad because the system itself is super mad! If you decide to make use of them, pls always plan ahead how you will repay way ahead of the scheduled time period. It's as simple as that.

For us to know what transpired, try and ask the OP to share the terms involved in the loan, you'll notice something must have gone wrong somewhere and they resorted to threats. But in most cases, we always hear from the lenders and not the so-called loan sharks.

2 Likes

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by joyandfaith: 7:53am On Nov 30, 2021
joey150:

Loan sharks exist everywhere. They take a huge risk of loaning money to people they have never met or know. There is a reason why their interest rates are very high and they employ unorthodox means to get their money. They operate the same globally. Some, a little worse than others.

I would never advise my enemy to use a loan shark. But, if you ever have to, it's important that you understand what you're getting into. Most Nigerians like the allure of "Free money." These loan sharks are just beating some mischievous Nigerians to their own game.

That is what i am saying. If these loan companies are following rules and regulations guiding loans, there wouldn't be all these public harassment and blackmailing. There are procedures for loan recovery. Imagine calling loan defaulters all sorts of names. They are predators. They know most people coming to them are wretched of the earth. They know their prey. Masses.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by AuroraB(f): 7:53am On Nov 30, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Pay your debt oni gbese.
Ode! You are so engrossed in your little jail to not know loan didn't start from Nigeria. Whites take loans and even in reasonable default, respect to one's privacy is observed. Onuku sad
My problem is he/she didn't mention the organization so people can be wary of them.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Comedian2019: 7:54am On Nov 30, 2021
bigboychukstar:
Make una recommend good loan platforms for me please.
No good platform anywhere. Stay away from loan
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by NGArmyTerrorist: 7:54am On Nov 30, 2021
Thatedoboy98:
Go pay ur money
Don't mind him! Scattering ones investments and working very hard to maintain his own! It is a witchcrafts!
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by juniorstar(m): 7:54am On Nov 30, 2021
Tabithatim:

Lol...I heard those loan apps charge as high as 50percent per annum
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by emmadejust(m): 8:08am On Nov 30, 2021
Branch loan is the best
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by SmartyPants(m): 8:08am On Nov 30, 2021
aramanda14:
For the people criticizing loans, loans can be very helpful for a lot of people. Many advanced country rely heavily on credit systems like Student loans to operate and it’s helped millions of people.

Personally, I’ve benefited from loans in which I used to pay my school fees.

E sure me say you work for FairMoney.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Isobug: 8:09am On Nov 30, 2021
bigboychukstar:
Make una recommend good loan platforms for me please.
Fairmoney
Branch
Carbon
Reinmoney

Even with a start, you can get a considerable amount and fair increment of loan amount after each repayment. Also with almost a self service activities throughout your loan period. Others are crap
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by jerryidinoba: 8:09am On Nov 30, 2021
I am baffled that people still use the loan companies that threaten them. Let them use FairMoney and any other licensed loan companies
Mosopzy23:
Is it really worth it, taking a loan from these so called loan apps. The high interest, short repayment time, fear of being blackmailed, the mental and emotional stress, just name it, and yet people still go ahead to get a loan from them . I'm baffled honestly
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by SmartyPants(m): 8:10am On Nov 30, 2021
OSDD:

Lol but how does that change the fact that he is a debtor? Don't you know the meaning of the word?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Man In The World As Tesla Stocks Soar To New Height / Kuda Bank Lost ₦6 Billion In 2021 / Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.