Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! (38308 Views)

Warning!!! Fairmoney Loan App Will Do This To You / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? / 5 Important keys on how to Secure a loan from a bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by joey150(m): 8:11am On Nov 30, 2021
joyandfaith:

That is what i am saying. If these loan companies are following rules and regulations guiding loans, there wouldn't be all these public harassment and blackmailing. There are procedures for loan recovery. Imagine calling loan defaulters all sorts of names. They are predators. They know most people coming to them are wretched of the earth. They know their prey. Masses.

Loan sharks serve a purpose. They are the only ones that would loan money to you without knowing your financial history or demanding a collateral.

1 Like

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by jerryidinoba: 8:11am On Nov 30, 2021
Wetin be branch. Please look well before you take loan from any company. I use fair money to get my own loan
emmadejust:
Branch loan is the best
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Enskynelson(m): 8:12am On Nov 30, 2021
Joysticks:
Debtor
Even Nigerian with all her wealth is in BIG debt. How much is 150k wey you go call OP debtor?
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by emmadejust(m): 8:14am On Nov 30, 2021
jerryidinoba:
Wetin be branch. Please look well before you take loan from any company. I use fair money to get my own loan

Branch loan app , I also invested with them with 20% interest every monday payout

They have more downloaded than fairmoney

Good customer relationship... Long time of repayment

2 Likes

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Bakerdav: 8:14am On Nov 30, 2021
Enskynelson:

Even Nigerian with all her wealth is in BIG debt. How much is 150k wey you go call OP debtor?
abi o
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Finewarriboy: 8:17am On Nov 30, 2021
Joysticks:
Debtor
u are shameless... Just because u work for loan sharks doesn't mean u should loose ur common sense

3 Likes

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by joyandfaith: 8:18am On Nov 30, 2021
joey150:

Loan sharks serve a purpose. They are the only ones that would loan money to you without knowing your financial history or demanding a collateral.

Which is totally wrong.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by greychris: 8:18am On Nov 30, 2021
It is only the unprofessional ones that blackmail people. Fair money never do that kind thing before they are very professional
freeborn02:

How does that cover up for their unprofessional conduct of reporting to people on your contact?

Did they report to those people initially before giving out loan?
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by greychris: 8:20am On Nov 30, 2021
Na why Fair money be there Oga. The interest rate is not high and peace of mind dey
Didi2d:

Ren what!
Renmoney go finish you with high interest
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Mosopzy23: 8:21am On Nov 30, 2021
toujurs:
i have a standing order placed on my salary account, which would be lifted December ending. there is nothing these loan company didn't ask for, everything both my HR number, pa to the HR number, Name of company, address and my work ID, i revealed so much to them, just for a loan of 170k, So if you think they don't ask for too much, they do. The thing is not everyone has family and friends that could give, like me i have a family that gives but i don't like asking from them, i prefer asking my friends but you see my friends most don't like giving but would come to borrow, to even pay back would be problem. I just tyre for the kind people i meet in this life

It appears u also got a loan from them. I hope they're not threatening you already.
Concerning your 2nd paragraph, you should try to change the kinds of friend you move with, I mean someone you can fall back on anytime. It's better I don't even have any friend than have one who's unreliable.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by greychris: 8:22am On Nov 30, 2021
Ohh nice, i didn't know branch does investment too. i have only used Fair money and I am enjoying their services
emmadejust:

Branch loan app , I also invested with them with 20% interest every monday payout
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by greychris: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2021
How fair money take be loan shark, these people have CBN license for Gods sake.
eteebanky1:
see how they spam this thread with fairmoney, awon oni gbese... if you love yourself, don't take any loan from any app, all of them are the same

foolish loan sharks

1 Like

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by platido(m): 8:28am On Nov 30, 2021
Joysticks:
Debtor

Don't worry e never reach your side. Very soon nah still NL you go come wail tears �
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Jimasun00: 8:29am On Nov 30, 2021
Tabithatim:
Come and see o! A particular loan app in this Nigeria has been threatening me over a loan that isn’t due, out of 6 instalments I’ve paid 3 and now just some hours after the 3rd instalment is to be paid they’ve started sending me threatening messages and even had the guts to contact people on my contact list that I’m late on my payment. This is so wrong!!

So in July I took out a loan of 150k to pay back in 6 months, they gave me their rules and how I’ll pay it (make I no even talk the big interest rate way dem give me, that one one na topic for anoda day). After confirming my loan on the 2nd of July, it took 4 days for the money to reflect in my account after many stories and mails to them. Can you imagine that these guys have been debiting me on the 2nd of every month claiming that’s when my loan was approved and it’s from my end there was a delay. That’s so unprofessional and mean! I’ve tried to speak with someone on their end but nothing…they’re just speaking English. I don’t know how to report them. Now they’re threatening me even though they’re the ones at wrong.

Most of these loan companies don't care about you or your reputation o. They will promise you heaven & earth everything join with sweet words, they will trick you with social media ads only to lure you in and torture you.

I just tire. I’m soooo pained that I even had to take a loan in the first place and this is what they’re putting a customer through. Na only to dey dirty people name them sabi all these loan apps are one kind and maybe even fraudulent cause not only is their interest rates too high, they shouldn’t be allowed to threaten people at all even if they’ve missed a payment date; it’s just wrong. Is this how all loan apps are? What can I do? I heard FairMoney and some other loan apps are better?
You heard fairmoney and other loan apps are good.Are you planning to also collect from them to pay up or what?you better find means to offset your loan.One needs to always think twice before even obtaining any loan.Ranting won't solve the predicament you've found yourself in.

2 Likes

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by nedekid: 8:29am On Nov 30, 2021
mauriceju2:
there are laws regulating loan/interest rates in Nigeria, let the loan apps follow the laws and regulation. According to the law, no lender can prosecute any defaulter until after 1 year of owing, according to the law and regulation in Nigeria, interest rate is maximum of 48% per annum which is 4% monthly. wicked lenders and their agents loan their money out to receive interest as high as 50% weekly /monthly plus capital. That is unspeakable evil of man to another man and if you cannot see it then it is because you yourself are part of this grave wickedness to humanity, they all know their business is wicked that is why they are hiding from CBN and others regulators,
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
I know you mean good. But please leave all this laws you are quoting.
Let's ensure Nigerians are responsible. You take a loan, you play!
The average Nigerian will look like a cute little puppy when begging you for money. But when it is time to pay, they turn to tigers!
Most Nigerians once you lend them money they assume they have used your head.
That op is not telling the story as it is. He should pay, people like that make things difficult for others cos they make interest high due to high default rate.
The other day government ie cbn complained about the anchor borrowers scheme. Despite the low interest rate, the moratorium, the extention of time for payments, beneficiaries have failed to pay.
CBN says it is considering publishing the names of borrowers in national dailies!
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by techboss1313: 8:29am On Nov 30, 2021
There’s one thing I always tell people whatever you do avoid unprofessional and unlicensed loan companies. Borrow from legit sources people that have government license. I am talking about people like fair money. They will not blackmail you or do any of those funny things these other guys do
freeborn02:

How does that cover up for their unprofessional conduct of reporting to people on your contact?

Did they report to those people initially before giving out loan?
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by SavageResponse(m): 8:30am On Nov 30, 2021
Tobidarker02:

Please how does the overdraft work?
Does it work for new customers

If na you get the bank shey you go gree give new customer overdraft make im carry your money run? grin
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by bigboychukstar: 8:33am On Nov 30, 2021
I'll advise he tries reliable loan companies. I have been hearing positive things about fair money, it means they are reliable
saydfact:
I'll advise you try cooperative loans instead or if you're a salary earner, Gtbank is a great place to use as your salary bank.... They have a almost no interest rate loan plan for small money like 150k.

Personally, I don't like loans but I've tried cooperative and it works... Interest rate is fixed percentage not all this bank interest that changes by the week.

For now, I'll advice you pay up and bother about the app's attitude later.

Goodluck...
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Laird(m): 8:34am On Nov 30, 2021
Tabithatim:
Come and see o! A particular loan app in this Nigeria has been threatening me over a loan that isn’t due, out of 6 instalments I’ve paid 3 and now just some hours after the 3rd instalment is to be paid they’ve started sending me threatening messages and even had the guts to contact people on my contact list that I’m late on my payment. This is so wrong!!

So in July I took out a loan of 150k to pay back in 6 months, they gave me their rules and how I’ll pay it (make I no even talk the big interest rate way dem give me, that one one na topic for anoda day). After confirming my loan on the 2nd of July, it took 4 days for the money to reflect in my account after many stories and mails to them. Can you imagine that these guys have been debiting me on the 2nd of every month claiming that’s when my loan was approved and it’s from my end there was a delay. That’s so unprofessional and mean! I’ve tried to speak with someone on their end but nothing…they’re just speaking English. I don’t know how to report them. Now they’re threatening me even though they’re the ones at wrong.

Most of these loan companies don't care about you or your reputation o. They will promise you heaven & earth everything join with sweet words, they will trick you with social media ads only to lure you in and torture you.

I just tire. I’m soooo pained that I even had to take a loan in the first place and this is what they’re putting a customer through. Na only to dey dirty people name them sabi all these loan apps are one kind and maybe even fraudulent cause not only is their interest rates too high, they shouldn’t be allowed to threaten people at all even if they’ve missed a payment date; it’s just wrong. Is this how all loan apps are? What can I do? I heard FairMoney and some other loan apps are better?

Must You take a loan knowing the records and antecedents of this loan apps in this 21st century. Must You go and meet them for money. You saw hot water with crocodile and shark. You went and jumped in . What then did You expect
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by stacyadams: 8:35am On Nov 30, 2021
nedekid:

The average Nigerian will look like a cute little puppy when begging you for money. But when it is time to pay, they turn to tigers!
That op is not telling the story as it is. He should pay, people like that make things difficult for others cos they make interest high due to high default rate.
The other day government ie cbn complained about the anchor borrowers scheme. Despite the low interest rate, the moratorium, the extention of time for payments, beneficiaries have failed to pay.
CBN says it is considering publishing the names of borrowers in national dailies!

Publishing borrowers name no be problems at all
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by bigboychukstar: 8:36am On Nov 30, 2021
Didn't you read the part he said he has paid 3 already and they have started blackmailing him just hours before the next instalment was due. that is some devilish act from the loan company abeg. let us call spade a spade
toujurs:
Ungrateful customer, they charged you a huge interest, and you still signed and accepted the loan, the banking system isn't that efficient and effective, the main thing is that you were paid, your cry over here won't solve anything, simply pay up, and when they call you back for a loan renewal ignore them
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by sexyshola1218: 8:39am On Nov 30, 2021
I think he is just a victim of bad advise. I was a victim once too before my eye open. Now I only use Fair Money or any other reliable one.
Laird:

Must You take a loan knowing the records and antecedents of this loan apps in this 21st century. Must You go and meet them for money. You saw hot water with crocodile and shark. You went and jumped in . What then did You expect
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Laird(m): 8:39am On Nov 30, 2021
nedekid:

You are very right and correct on this

1 Like

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by FarmWay(m): 8:39am On Nov 30, 2021
Joysticks:
Debtor

You don't have the right to call him a debtor.

BTW, Mr debt free, can you kindly help him pay his debt.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by ungara17: 8:44am On Nov 30, 2021
9credit and okash is the worst of all. 9credit have been threatening me too. After sending messages to my contacts and assassinating my character, what's the need of paying back the loan. NITDA have to come to our aid, the embarrassment is too much.

1 Like

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by sexyshola1218: 8:44am On Nov 30, 2021
You don't even know what you are talking about, the same fairmoney that I have been using for a while and I have not faced any issues with it
Godbless3:
Thats why I ran away when i read fairmoney terms and condition. That they will have access to my contact list and inbox esp all alert to my bank account.
BVN was suppose to checkmate deptors and regulate certain actions from deptors but every policy in this country (esp this govt.) is failure.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by nedekid: 8:45am On Nov 30, 2021
Trustedpronet:
Try LAPO loan, dem never come cease your foam wey you take dey sleep you dey complain about online threat. Guy huzzle pay off your debt and sleep well.
Abi oh. Even in the US, car you bought through loan and have paid 90% of the money, if you default, repo man will come and recover the car whe you are sleeping, at church etc. Nothing like excesses there.
Nigerians don't realize that before you take loan, you must have a guaranteed expectant income. Money you are expecting but just need the loan to bridge the gap. People just collect and say when the time reach God will provide. Or the feel they have gba(used their head), the loan company for giving them money without collateral. when collected loans, I will first put in all in my business and turn it over a couple of times before first payment due date, it is from my profit I pay the monthly payment! Or if I collect the loan to buy eg a tv set or generator. I will put the money in buying stock. I will turn It over like 4 times before buying the TV!

1 Like

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Tobidarker02: 8:46am On Nov 30, 2021
SavageResponse:

If na you get the bank shey you go gree give new customer overdraft make im carry your money run? grin
My information dey with them na.
Let me go and open then
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by sexyshola1218: 8:47am On Nov 30, 2021
The best is fairmoney chief. fast customer care response, cheap interest rate, they even give you cash back when you buy airtime
Apst:

The best is carbon or black copper in terms of interest higher loans and they are matured in dealing wit their costumers
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by siant: 8:50am On Nov 30, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Pay your debt oni gbese.
I learnt that those loan app are owned by tifnubu. That guy is just being scaming lagosians from different angles.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Kennedy97: 8:52am On Nov 30, 2021
joey150:

BVN? BVN (Bank VERIFICATION number) is only a financial identification & record system and not a credit record/rating system.

Eduate yourself, please!

Lol
Did I tell you I did not know what BVN means?
Dullard
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by joey150(m): 8:54am On Nov 30, 2021
Kennedy97:

Lol
Did I tell you I did not know what BVN means?
Dullard

You're probably a retard. I feel for those that have to interact with you in real life.

I've had enough already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister / Ifeanyi Ubah Buys A Car For Adichie Izuchukwu, His Aide (Photos) / Why Online Forex Trading Is A Fraud. My Findings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.