Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,341 members, 7,836,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! (38666 Views)

Warning!!! Fairmoney Loan App Will Do This To You / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? / 5 Important keys on how to Secure a loan from a bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by joey150(m): 8:56am On Nov 30, 2021
joyandfaith:

Which is totally wrong.
It's not wrong. It's a contract people willingly sign and are thus bounded by its terms.

2 Likes

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by ikenna44: 8:59am On Nov 30, 2021
Olodo... See as you dey talk rubbish with confidence! grin

What section of what law are you referring to?

mauriceju2:
there are laws regulating loan/interest rates in Nigeria, let the loan apps follow the laws and regulation. According to the law, no lender can prosecute any defaulter until after 1 year of owing, according to the law and regulation in Nigeria, interest rate is maximum of 48% per annum which is 4% monthly. wicked lenders and their agents loan their money out to receive interest as high as 50% weekly /monthly plus capital. That is unspeakable evil of man to another man and if you cannot see it then it is because you yourself are part of this grave wickedness to humanity, they all know their business is wicked that is why they are hiding from CBN and others regulators,
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Ijoba85: 8:59am On Nov 30, 2021
I'm looking for better loan sef of over 200k to pay 250k in 2 months. If you can offer me, let me know. Na business I want do, I no dey for scam o .
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by joyandfaith: 9:01am On Nov 30, 2021
joey150:

It's not wrong. It's a contract people willingly sign and are thus bounded by its terms.

Loan sharking is illegal.

2 Likes

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Kennedy97: 9:07am On Nov 30, 2021
joey150:

I am a retard. I feel for those who have to interact with me in real life.

Sorry for disturbing your peace.

It's okay.
Try to get help and try to rest more often!
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by honestdealer1: 9:08am On Nov 30, 2021
OP, kindly be of help to others by mentioning the name of the loan app so that people can avoid them. There are a several good ones and several bad ones. The only way we can know the good and the bad is when people speak out. From my experience, I can confirm that the bad ones are: Nairaplus, Cashlion, Lcredit. But there are a lot of good ones that will not spoil your reputation. They are Branch, Carbon, Fairmoney and Umba. Choose wisely.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by kingcolearchive: 9:08am On Nov 30, 2021
Brooo thank God i tried the fair money app. The service they render is actually top-notch. i will choose them over others
valnelly:
Any way you look at it. Borrowing from loan apps is a bad choice. I don see pepper from those people hand.
Gocash, 9credit, Sokoloan and others will make you want to kill yourself by yourself.
Only Carbon, Quickcheck, Aella Credit, and Fairmoney are the ones with small human sympathy. But all the same, stay away from borrowing online, borrow from your workplace, family friends and close associates..
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by kingcolearchive: 9:09am On Nov 30, 2021
I think FairMoney comes first, then we can talk about others.
Chiffy:
CARBON still remains the best, then Fairmoney.

Sokoloan - 9credit, xcredit, lcredit, all are managed by the devil and his sons
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Crenzywilliams(m): 9:10am On Nov 30, 2021
Joysticks:
Debtor
Come on shut up, it's more dignified to shit up than to speak out poison when I don't have anything kind to say.

1 Like

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by MartinsD12(m): 9:12am On Nov 30, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
There's nothing wrong with being a debtor..

The ability to be able to attract a substantial amount of loan facilities..

Is on its own..

A sign of success..

Dangote attracts billions because of his status..
You have a point after all person way them give 150k as loan for this hard economy is found to be credit worthy , he is being paying up to the last payment
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by joeytrib: 9:14am On Nov 30, 2021
People take loans for different purposes. i mean in foreign countries they live on credit system and it works for them. The problem is with the government not taking actions against illegal loan companies. I have tried quite a few in the last few years but only Fair money actually gave me peace of mind
Mosopzy23:
Is it really worth it, taking a loan from these so called loan apps. The high interest, short repayment time, fear of being blackmailed, the mental and emotional stress, just name it, and yet people still go ahead to get a loan from them . I'm baffled honestly

1 Like

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Amb25: 9:14am On Nov 30, 2021
oga dem never do u anytin.
when u ready to talk u go mention their name.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by joey150(m): 9:16am On Nov 30, 2021
joyandfaith:

Loan sharking is illegal.

Loan shark is rather a broad term. These loan agencies are actually not "loan sharks" in the true sense of the word. The term is generally used to refer to loan agencies that charge high interest rates for loans. The real loan sharks have no business sending you messages, they'll find you and beat the crap out of you when you owe.

These loan agencies offer a service, like every other business. They pay taxes and they are registered with the government. Everything they do is somewhere in the fine print of their contract, people just don't bother to read.

2 Likes

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by joyandfaith: 9:18am On Nov 30, 2021
joey150:

Loan shark is rather a broad term. These loan agencies are actually not "loan sharks" in the true sense of the word. The term is generally used to refer to loan agencies that charge high interest rates for loans. The real loan sharks have no business sending you messages, they'll find you and beat the crap out of you when you owe.

These loan agencies offer a service, like every other business. They pay taxes and they are registered with the government. Everything they do is somewhere in the fine print of their contract, people just don't bother to read.

You are refering to predatory lending whch is wrong as well

1 Like

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by TheOgaBoss: 9:19am On Nov 30, 2021
aramanda14:
Actually, there interest rate is really good. You can even borrow for up to 15 days without paying any interest
what are their rates?
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Gandokiejim: 9:20am On Nov 30, 2021
Why are you worried? The worst they can do is to send messages to your contacts that you are a criminal running with company money.
This is already a familiar trend.It is not a sin to owe.
Send a broadcast message to your contacts and tell them its a shark Fintech company
That's all.
No fear them
Tell them to do their worst
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Automolite: 9:21am On Nov 30, 2021
Joysticks:
Debtor
U just open mouth dey talk waaaa...like who brain dey pain. U cannot read to comprehend. Shameless olofofo!.
Tufiakwa!! for u and anybody wey like ur comment.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by LivingTribunal: 9:24am On Nov 30, 2021
Tabithatim:
Come and see o! A particular loan app in this Nigeria has been threatening me over a loan that isn’t due, out of 6 instalments I’ve paid 3 and now just some hours after the 3rd instalment is to be paid they’ve started sending me threatening messages and even had the guts to contact people on my contact list that I’m late on my payment. This is so wrong!!

So in July I took out a loan of 150k to pay back in 6 months, they gave me their rules and how I’ll pay it (make I no even talk the big interest rate way dem give me, that one one na topic for anoda day). After confirming my loan on the 2nd of July, it took 4 days for the money to reflect in my account after many stories and mails to them. Can you imagine that these guys have been debiting me on the 2nd of every month claiming that’s when my loan was approved and it’s from my end there was a delay. That’s so unprofessional and mean! I’ve tried to speak with someone on their end but nothing…they’re just speaking English. I don’t know how to report them. Now they’re threatening me even though they’re the ones at wrong.

Most of these loan companies don't care about you or your reputation o. They will promise you heaven & earth everything join with sweet words, they will trick you with social media ads only to lure you in and torture you.

I just tire. I’m soooo pained that I even had to take a loan in the first place and this is what they’re putting a customer through. Na only to dey dirty people name them sabi all these loan apps are one kind and maybe even fraudulent cause not only is their interest rates too high, they shouldn’t be allowed to threaten people at all even if they’ve missed a payment date; it’s just wrong. Is this how all loan apps are? What can I do? I heard FairMoney and some other loan apps are better?

BRANCH remain the best loan company till tomorrow.. No late fees, no threats, no bs

1 Like

Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Benediction777: 9:25am On Nov 30, 2021
Tabithatim:
Come and see o! A particular loan app in this Nigeria has been threatening me over a loan that isn’t due, out of 6 instalments I’ve paid 3 and now just some hours after the 3rd instalment is to be paid they’ve started sending me threatening messages and even had the guts to contact people on my contact list that I’m late on my payment. This is so wrong!!

So in July I took out a loan of 150k to pay back in 6 months, they gave me their rules and how I’ll pay it (make I no even talk the big interest rate way dem give me, that one one na topic for anoda day). After confirming my loan on the 2nd of July, it took 4 days for the money to reflect in my account after many stories and mails to them. Can you imagine that these guys have been debiting me on the 2nd of every month claiming that’s when my loan was approved and it’s from my end there was a delay. That’s so unprofessional and mean! I’ve tried to speak with someone on their end but nothing…they’re just speaking English. I don’t know how to report them. Now they’re threatening me even though they’re the ones at wrong.

Most of these loan companies don't care about you or your reputation o. They will promise you heaven & earth everything join with sweet words, they will trick you with social media ads only to lure you in and torture you.

I just tire. I’m soooo pained that I even had to take a loan in the first place and this is what they’re putting a customer through. Na only to dey dirty people name them sabi all these loan apps are one kind and maybe even fraudulent cause not only is their interest rates too high, they shouldn’t be allowed to threaten people at all even if they’ve missed a payment date; it’s just wrong. Is this how all loan apps are? What can I do? I heard FairMoney and some other loan apps are better?

The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender.
Romans 13:8 

Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.
Proverbs 25:21-22
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by joeytrib: 9:29am On Nov 30, 2021
Have you tried taking loan from fair money? try them, they are the ones that can come to your resuce now
Ijoba85:
I'm looking for better loan sef of over 200k to pay 250k in 2 months. If you can offer me, let me know. Na business I want do, I no dey for scam o .
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Mosopzy23: 9:33am On Nov 30, 2021
joeytrib:
People take loans for different purposes. i mean in foreign countries they live on credit system and it works for them. The problem is with the government not taking actions against illegal loan companies. I have tried quite a few in the last few years but only Fair money actually gave me peace of mind

Yeah, we're saying same thing. It's not just Worth it taking a loan from these loan apps. There are other means one could get a loan and will be at peace with himself aside loan apps.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by jaxxy(m): 9:33am On Nov 30, 2021
If u take a loan u should pay it back bt these loan companies are ridiculous.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by joeytrib: 9:34am On Nov 30, 2021
Even fairmoney does not threaten people, no high interest rate, they are the best from my end here
LivingTribunal:

BRANCH remain the best loan company till tomorrow.. No late fees, no threats, no bs
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 30, 2021
Automolite:

U just open mouth dey talk waaaa...like who brain dey pain. U cannot read to comprehend. Shameless olofofo!.
Tufiakwa!! for u and anybody wey like ur comment.

Modify;Sorry for the insult.I don't mean to say what I have said
Don't worry.I am not angry with you.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by Godbless3(m): 9:39am On Nov 30, 2021
sexyshola1218:
You don't even know what you are talking about, the same fairmoney that I have been using for a while and I have not faced any issues with it

You lack brain and understanding. Where in my comment did i state that fairmoney have issues?
I said, the wanted access to my contact list/inbox which turn me off from loans app entirely.
Always try to understand before rant.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by LivingTribunal: 9:43am On Nov 30, 2021
bigboychukstar:
There should be a way to sue those stupid people sha cause how you go dey threaten me untop money wey I go still pay. Abeg, is FairMoney really good?

Branch is best
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by RosyIsBlessed: 9:47am On Nov 30, 2021
Zedvance is one loan everyone should run away from. Extremely high interest rate. They told me initially that their interest rate is 4% per month only for them to start charging almost 68% interest per month after I've collected the loan. Wic.ke.d lots. Flee from them!!! To think that they are still calling me to come top up my loan is totally ridiculous.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by joey150(m): 9:50am On Nov 30, 2021
joyandfaith:

Wrong, maybe. Illegal, no.
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:53am On Nov 30, 2021
Go and clear your debts... Did you inform us when you were taking the loan. Rubbish
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by joeytrib: 9:54am On Nov 30, 2021
He is actually correct. I have taken fairmoney loan twice this month and I didn't pay interest on any thing
StPete:

Lies from the fucking pit of hell. I'm guessing you're one of their agents, using lies to draw people in
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by onlinestaff2020: 9:57am On Nov 30, 2021
Guy,

Why are you scared and even bothered? Immediately, they started threatening and sending your contacts messages, that's when they drew the battle line.

Best advice: don't pay them again.

Also, deactivate your card.

Block all their numbers.

The worst they can do, is to send defamatory messages to your contacts. Don't you have a thick skin, abi you be Jew man with woman brain?

Buhari is owning billions of Dollars and many countries, including his people are mocking him but he does not care what they say.

Oga, who image epp for this useless country.

The main thing, is that life goes on for the strong and not weak simpleton like you.

Regards
Re: ​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! by chachanga: 10:09am On Nov 30, 2021
joyandfaith:

It seems many Nigerians on this forum have nothing better to offer their fellow citizens than needless hate and misdirected aggression. They seem to thrive off throwing their misery in every direction and at just anyone with recourse to sense or conscience. They're hopeless creatures and fo.ols, you've tried enough to convince them, pay them no mind.

How do they hope to achieve a better society when they encourage vices so openly? Just imagine hiding behind their phones and sanctioning loan sharking, character assassination and 1st, 2nd, 3rd Party Blackmail, are these guys mad or what? No wonder Nigeria's being called a zoo.. The animals seem to be way more than the human beings now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Man In The World As Tesla Stocks Soar To New Height / Kuda Bank Lost ₦6 Billion In 2021 / Toyota Opens Assembly Plant In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.