Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,437 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen (33081 Views)

UNICAL Publishes Names Of 638 Students Withdrawn From The Institution / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents / 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by juniorstar(m): 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2021
ginggerxy:
and yet the professors can't invent or even duplicate other countrys technology to help our country?
This saddens me the most.
Why do we still import engines for cars, planes, bikes, ships
Why cant we create chips for our laptops and other electronic devices
Why cant we make our own rice processing machines, mechanized farming equipment
Why cant we make our own high speed trains

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by godwon01(m): 1:11am On Dec 03, 2021
Greatzeus:
It's either she was studying a course she wasn't good at at OAU,or she was not interested in the course or the standard at Bowen are way too low.
Either way congratulations to her.
Not at all , I think ,she has developed academically , foristance , she did Cambridge A/L and matured than those she graduated with. It was her experience that rarely counted for her success.

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Darevofpeace(m): 1:38am On Dec 03, 2021
flokii:
She was withdrawn from one of the top three unis in Nigeria.. alas here she is graduating as overall best in one of the glorified secondary schools called private unis in Nigeria.

For UI, UNILAG & OAU to withdraw your admission means you're not mentally fit to be in higher institution.. congrats to her all the same.

You need to wake up,School doesn't make any man to succeed,do we have unemployed or underemployed graduates from UNILAG &, OAU?
Does it make good sense to you that so many sadistic Lecturers are in most Federal Universities?
Do you think failing students unnecessarily would make you to be seen as a good Lecturer?
All those Private school graduates are setting a new place and blazzing the trail.......
My younger brother was welcome into 100L at OAU with six (6) months strike as a fresher,is that how life should be?
You want to go to government Universities where you can't ever determine when you would graduate despite the already stipulated "years of study"on your admission letter despite the hardwork and finances you have committed into your studies.
"Life eventualities after school doesn't recognize the school you graduate from"

I am a product from Ajayi Crowther University,Oyo and I am happy with my position in life.Alots of my friends got their first job at big corporation and still working till date. (KPMG and the rest)
Please ask anybody who had once attended any interview at KPMG about the toughness of the interview,only First Class and Second Class Upper are invited and please ask them if they were asked the University you graduated from at point of entry.
What you fail to understand is that there is a good Lecturers/students relationship in most Private Universities......the fear of failure is removed and you would concentrate on your studies with good discipline and hard work.
The expensive tuition fee of most Private Universities is majorly for the good accommodation and comfort for the students unlike the dilapidated structures with Government Universities.
May life not leave you behind with your "myopic analysis"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Dikaveli(m): 1:40am On Dec 03, 2021
flokii:
She was withdrawn from one of the top three unis in Nigeria.. alas here she is graduating as overall best in one of the glorified secondary schools called private unis in Nigeria.

For UI, UNILAG & OAU to withdraw your admission means you're not mentally fit to be in higher institution.. congrats to her all the same.

Yorubas and tribal minds eh

They always hype things in their local

Ui, oau and unilag

Are now bigger than unn, Abu, and uniben

May God please divide this country for ua

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Cognitivereason: 1:54am On Dec 03, 2021
Ur the tribal one ..instead of focusing on the message ..all ur consign is that the schools mentioned are in the SW
Dikaveli:

Yorubas and tribal minds eh

They always hype things in their local

Ui, oau and unilag

Are now bigger than unn, Abu, and uniben

May God please divide this country for ua

3 Likes

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Darevofpeace(m): 2:39am On Dec 03, 2021
[i][/i]
flokii:

The Nigerian factor of neglect and lack of maintenance is what is killing our ivory towers.. you can't compare products of federal unis or state unis to private unis. The margin is too wide.

You don't know there is more to education than fine buildings and architectural designs.. the quality and relevance of training given is very important.

You realize she couldn't make up to 1.0 cummulative grade point average after 2-3 yrs right? that should tell you something is fundamentally wrong.

Are the Professors in all Private Universities aliens?

Does NUC gives prefrential treatment in giving approvals and re-accreditation to Private Universities?

Should I inform you about when OAU doesn't have any law student in 100- 200L about 3yrs ago due to no re -accreditation to the Faculty of law.
My younger brother upon resumption to OAU in 2015 was welcome as a fresher with six (6) months strike.
These things are not normal despite how prevalent they look like.
You keep celebrating a failed systems in Federal Universities which had damaged so many graduates and makes them feel worthless.

Life is already bigger than your "myopic reasoning"
"School doesn't make any man"

"Life eventualities as a graduate doesn't separate Federal Universities graduates from the Private Universities ones"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Darevofpeace(m): 2:44am On Dec 03, 2021
yusman14:
Me as a 300level first class engineering student of OAU,will surely never have a "B" grade in this Bowen university..not bragging!!
Only OAU students can understand.. Imagine someone that can't even maintain consecutive 1.0 CGPA in OAU having a first class in a private university...LMAO..
Schooling in a federal university is one of the most terrible and best experience someone can ever have..

Life already left you behind with this archaic reasoning.

"School doesn't make any man"

You are here celebrating a failed system in Federal Universities.

Do we have unemployed and underemployed graduates from OAU?

Answer this first......

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Darevofpeace(m): 2:47am On Dec 03, 2021
kingPhidel:
In private universities your tuition fee will earn you 2:2. with little effort you are already in 2:1. 3rd class is rear.
Notwithstanding they’re well taught in both practical and theories which in turn unlocks the genius in them. I mean, who am I to say she didn’t earn it. Don’t get it twisted if you don’t gerrit then forget abarrit

Another myopic reasoning sighted

Life already left you behind with this wrong assumptions.

2 Likes

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Adabestseason(m): 2:48am On Dec 03, 2021
So even a pass in OAU is legendary,how much is the fees at your so called BOWEN
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Darevofpeace(m): 2:57am On Dec 03, 2021
Goodleader:
This news is in no way an indication that Bowen University awards first class degree on the platter of cheapness. So many factors come into play for that class of degree to be achieved. The same person sent away by OAU on the ground of poor academic performance went to Bowen and made first class because she went and studied at Bowen with a different mind set and determination. She probably was unserious at OAU but made good use of of the second chance she had at Bowen. We should realise that most of the times, the same set of scholars who teach in government universities teach at private universities. Institutions of higher learning are places for self development upon which the lecturers have negligible influence. I have friends who graduated with second class upper division grade from public universities including THE OAU but could not make PhD grades during their MSC programmes in private universities. The truth is that most of these public universities are overrated and this affects the academic mindset of their students. An average graduate of OAU believes that he /she better off his/her contemporaries from universities from northern Nigeria but the same NUC assessed these universities severally and adjudged ABU , BUK and UNILORIN to be better than the so called GREAT IFE and the likes of UNILAG. I have been on the panels of interviewers for job more than twice and students of unknown private and State universities outperformed the federal universities graduates. Our problem most of the times is ARROGANCE OF INTELLIGENCE. The craze to attend these overrated schools keeps so many of our children as permanent Jambites at homes because they keep wasting the scores that would have been useful in other schools. What the Laws know about all these schools is different from what we think we know about them. It is surprising to know that a degree certificate issued by University of Ibadan established in 1948 is not better than the one issued by Federal University Otuoke established in 2015. Let's stop wasting our precious time chasing shadow. A word they say is enough for the wise

You are a "Living Legend"
You truly deserve a national award

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Newton2024: 3:33am On Dec 03, 2021
juniorstar:

What Oau gives is that fighting spirit! The can do attitude. Ever conscious! Ever vigilant. Ability to work under pressure.
And what have they invented and contributed to africa? Quality and applicable knowledge doesn't have to be difficult. The country is difficult enough already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by EwuGambia: 4:09am On Dec 03, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol

Ewu my man cheesy

Munzy!! grin...
I don miss you o!!....
Hows your side... grin

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by yunqdady: 6:21am On Dec 03, 2021
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by yunqdady: 6:24am On Dec 03, 2021
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Hassanmaye(m): 6:53am On Dec 03, 2021
yunqdady:

No truth, you are just a bitter person who is a sufferhead. Pray to have money so you send your kids to better schools not the nonsense you experienced in glorified federal institutions
I will not drag argument with you, but your conscience will tell you the truth, there are excellent private institutions like covenant, babcock and the like any private university not within there scope is a scam like Baze , Dino melaye graduated with flying colours in Baze university a corrupt politician WHO graduated with a pass degree in federal University, I know some federal institutions are corrupt but they are not as rotten as some of this church rat universities you called private institutions!
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by yunqdady: 6:57am On Dec 03, 2021
Hassanmaye:

I will not drag argument with you, but your conscience will tell you the truth, there are excellent private institutions like covenant, babcock and the like any private university not within there scope is a scam like Baze , Dino melaye graduated with flying colours in Baze university a corrupt politician WHO graduated with a pass degree in federal University, I know some federal institutions are corrupt but they are not as rotten as some of this church rat universities you called private institutions!
Bad energy stay far away!!!

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by kingPhidel(m): 7:10am On Dec 03, 2021
The truth is bitter to those who lie. I don’t blame you cos you actually display low intelligence quotient
Darevofpeace:

Another myopic reasoning sighted

Life already left you behind with this wrong assumptions.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by kingPhidel(m): 7:12am On Dec 03, 2021
Nwokem! No one is rejoicing at ones failure
yunqdady:

There are. And why should it be a thing of joy to see students fail?
Only failures would be happy to have students fail.
I aspire to be a teacher/lecturer, I would be dammed of my students constantly fail.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by ivandragon: 7:19am On Dec 03, 2021
yunqdady:

Nope, I went on to a private university for another degree in a professional course after Ife's and I saw how we were fooling ourselves back then. Fooling ourselves with sufferhead.
Fun thing is, nobody knows OAU here, people mostly talk about UI here. Makes me wonder why we were killing ourselves back then.

Well, I do not know where you went to that no one knows OAU, probably a place that is not worth knowing by those who matter... lol.

That said, let OAU & other Federal universities be allowed to charge for fees what the top private universities also charge.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by ivandragon: 7:26am On Dec 03, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Most of the persons pilloring OAU & other top Federal universities are doing so out of mischief.

If Federal universities are allowed to charge similar fees to top private universities, the federal universities would certainly have better facilities & access to grants.

Even with the little they get from the FG, they are still a force to reckon with.

Apart from foreign lecturers, the top private universities sourced lecturers from these same Federal universities that some people on this thread want to look down on.

Almost all thier VCs in private universities are alumnus of top federal universities.

3 Likes

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Oyin2212(m): 7:43am On Dec 03, 2021
Harddiskng:

This just shows you are not informed. Do you know the number of private university graduates ruling the tech world in Africa, most of them are multi-millionaires in USD. Or it is your corrupt politicians you want to mentions as products of your “ivory towers”. Btw education there is very deplorable to say the least, I just don’t want to mention the name of the Federal University I attended, I was utterly disappointed; the cons were too much.

If only you know the standard of education in schools like Covenant, Landmark, even Babcock, you won’t write this nonsense.

Babcock - Paystack, Covenant - Piggyvest just to mention the most poplar from a very long list.

Again you are not informed all, educate yourself.

This is baseless, Educational system in Federal schools are flawed na who sabi cram pass and it could be she wasn’t just serious or found the environment unconducive.

After my undergraduate studies I could count the number of students from my set that were dragging draw (2.2), only to go aboard for further studies in schools of global repute and they came out topping their class there with distinction.

Quality of education pass quality of education, some people are not just built for this stress and nonsense you call education in Nigeria.
I agree with you. School was trash, I tried studying and expanding my knowledge. I failed exams.

I crammed and graduated with second class upper.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Darevofpeace(m): 8:04am On Dec 03, 2021
kingPhidel:
The truth is bitter to those who lie. I don’t blame you cos you actually display low intelligence quotient

You expected life to still be at where you left it,you are indeed living off your past dreams.
This is 2021,you need to wake up and join the new wave as the World demands...... change your thinking.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Hassanmaye(m): 8:13am On Dec 03, 2021
ivandragon:

Most of the persons pilloring OAU & other top Federal universities are doing so out of mischief.

If Federal universities are allowed to charge similar fees to top private universities, the federal universities would certainly have better facilities & access to grants.

Even with the little they get from the FG, they are still a force to reckon with.

Apart from foreign lecturers, the top private universities sourced lecturers from these same Federal universities that some people on this thread want to look down on.

Almost all thier VCs in private universities are alumnus of top federal universities.
Another bitter truth
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Munzy14(m): 8:57am On Dec 03, 2021
EwuGambia:

Munzy!! grin...
I don miss you o!!....
Hows your side... grin
Fine bro..

My side bam!.

How are you faring?
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Goldbw122(m): 9:20am On Dec 03, 2021
There is a big error in our educational sector, that means the certificate giving to all Nigeria youth is error, if someone can go to another country and perform great, that means our education is not perfect..
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by kingsmaila(m): 9:42am On Dec 03, 2021
Private Universities that award first class any how. Check WAEC results these days from private schools.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by bong4(m): 9:56am On Dec 03, 2021
Harddiskng:

You are talking nonsense.

I have schooled in one of the top 3 private universities in Nigeria and I have also schooled in one of the top 3 Federal Universities in Nigeria and I would tell you these private universities trump Federal universities in terms of quality of education.

The poor organization in Federal University is enough for a poor performance. After my studies in one i swore never again.

Seriously, he actually talked NONSENSE. So much teaching in OAU but very little learning acquired. No connection whatsoever between the academics and the real world. Outside OAU, many of these lecturers have nothing to offer other all these paper, paper, paper stories yet nothing tangible to contribute to the world.
OAU Agric Faculty is a perfect example of training students to be poor minded.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by bong4(m): 10:02am On Dec 03, 2021
ivandragon:

Well, I do not know where you went to that no one knows OAU, probably a place that is not worth knowing by those who matter... lol.

That said, let OAU & other Federal universities be allowed to charge for fees what the top private universities also charge.

See my brother, even if OAU and may federal Universities charge one million per student, it will still be the same. What you do with the little you have is a pointer to what you will do with the plenty you are expecting.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Psychedelia(m): 10:03am On Dec 03, 2021
Harddiskng:

This just shows you are not informed. Do you know the number of private university graduates ruling the tech world in Africa, most of them are multi-millionaires in USD. Or it is your corrupt politicians you want to mentions as products of your “ivory towers”. Btw education there is very deplorable to say the least, I just don’t want to mention the name of the Federal University I attended, I was utterly disappointed; the cons were too much.

If only you know the standard of education in schools like Covenant, Landmark, even Babcock, you won’t write this nonsense.

Babcock - Paystack, Covenant - Piggyvest just to mention the most poplar from a very long list.

Again you are not informed all, educate yourself.

This is baseless, Educational system in Federal schools are flawed na who sabi cram pass and it could be she wasn’t just serious or found the environment unconducive.

After my undergraduate studies I could count the number of students from my set that were dragging draw (2.2), only to go aboard for further studies in schools of global repute and they came out topping their class there with distinction.

Quality of education pass quality of education, some people are not just built for this stress and nonsense you call education in Nigeria.

FACTOS!
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by bong4(m): 10:11am On Dec 03, 2021
Darevofpeace:

You need to wake up,School doesn't make any man to succeed,do we have unemployed or underemployed graduates from UNILAG &, OAU?
Does it make good sense to you that so many sadistic Lecturers are in most Federal Universities?
Do you think failing students unnecessarily would make you to be seen as a good Lecturer?
All those Private school graduates are setting a new place and blazzing the trail.......
My younger brother was welcome into 100L at OAU with six (6) months strike as a fresher,is that how life should be?
You want to go to government Universities where you can't ever determine when you would graduate despite the already stipulated "years of study"on your admission letter despite the hardwork and finances you have committed into your studies.
"Life eventualities after school doesn't recognize the school you graduate from"

I am a product from Ajayi Crowther University,Oyo and I am happy with my position in life.Alots of my friends got their first job at big corporation and still working till date. (KPMG and the rest)
Please ask anybody who had once attended any interview at KPMG about the toughness of the interview,only First Class and Second Class Upper are invited and please ask them if they were asked the University you graduated from at point of entry.
What you fail to understand is that there is a good Lecturers/students relationship in most Private Universities......the fear of failure is removed and you would concentrate on your studies with good discipline and hard work.
The expensive tuition fee of most Private Universities is majorly for the good accommodation and comfort for the students unlike the dilapidated structures with Government Universities.
May life not leave you behind with your "myopic analysis"

God bless you for the bolded words. OAU this, OAU that. OAU that is still using clay to cover pot holes in this 21st century; nothing to write about the health centre, not to talk about rest room facilities even within class environments. So much over hyping and emptiness. If you want to know a school system that works, check the transcript application system and time taken to send it.
OAU graduates, how long did it take for your transcript to get to its destination?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by ivandragon: 10:15am On Dec 03, 2021
bong4:

See my brother, even if OAU and may federal Universities charge one million per student, it will still be the same. What you do with the little you have is a pointer to what you will do with the plenty you are expecting.

And with the little & all the societal challenges, OAU & other top Federal universities are still recognised worldwide...

80% of the academic & administrative leadership of private universities are from the top Federal universities...

Are there private universities that are exemplary? Certainly, but give the top Federal universities same funds & watch them blow those private universities out of the water...

Also, private universities are very regimented. In federal universities, no one has time to chase you for lectures or school activities or preps (imagine, preps in tertiary institutions) or insist you stay in hotels. All these things alone ensure you have to read.

In federal universities, you are expected to be responsible for yourself. The facilities, no matter how dilapidated they may be, are there for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Types Of Big Boys In UNIABUJA / AAU Lecturer Flogs Students For Coming Late For An Exam(Photos) / How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.