Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,529 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen (33089 Views)

UNICAL Publishes Names Of 638 Students Withdrawn From The Institution / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents / 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by OPTOSUN(m): 10:19am On Dec 03, 2021
lolu2019:
private schools students don't read with candles. constant electricity is sure.and that's enough reason to make a student do better.
Most federal universities have these things, even more reliable
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by 4gunners(m): 10:30am On Dec 03, 2021
yusman14:
Me as a 300level first class engineering student of OAU,will surely never have a "B" grade in this Bowen university..not bragging!!
Only OAU students can understand.. Imagine someone that can't even maintain consecutive 1.0 CGPA in OAU having a first class in a private university...LMAO..
Schooling in a federal university is one of the most terrible and best experience someone can ever have..
grin grin How can use the word "terrible" and "best" in the same sentence?
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by yusman14(m): 10:31am On Dec 03, 2021
BennyDGreat:

You are bragging Baba....no dey hype rubbish federal universities in Nigeria...Just compare the OAU you dey brag about with Universities in Egypt, South Africa, Ghana, Seychelles...etc....you go see say it better to enter Private University for Nigeria if you have funds.

Put that mentality that it's easy to get first class in Private Universities somewhere.
You need to go out and expose yourself.
If I give you 5 names of Private University graduates and where they are currently, you go humble
And we have a lot of OAU graduates doing extra ordinary well too..
So your point?

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by yusman14(m): 10:31am On Dec 03, 2021
4gunners:
grin grin How can use the word "terrible" and "best" in the same sentence?
Study your use of English textbook and get yourself updated!
Meanwhile,I don't even understand the shit you typed.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by yusman14(m): 10:34am On Dec 03, 2021
OPTOSUN:

Most federal universities have these things, even more reliable
Exactly!
Light here is very stable..
The truth is that private universities questions are not that standard.

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by 4gunners(m): 10:39am On Dec 03, 2021
Newton2024:
And what have they invented and contributed to africa? Quality and applicable knowledge doesn't have to be difficult. The country is difficult enough already.
grin grin grin Thank you for the message. I graduated from OAU. The Nigeria environment has dealt with so many people's mindsets. Reading with candlelight; sleeping under a mosquito; having lectures inside the oven doesn't add to the quality of education. Instead, it impairs your reasoning faculty.

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by yusman14(m): 10:40am On Dec 03, 2021
Goodleader:

Just third year? Your 2:1 is not even assured yet in that favulty. Okay. Let us know your CGPA at the end of IST semester 500 level when those ACCIDENTAL TEACHER called saddists must have noticed you
Not everyone will graduate with a bad grade like you bro..I have a lot of 500 level guys that are still on 4.7+ in this same OAU faculty of Technology..am done with third year already..

In this coming convocation next week,faculty of Technology will be graduating the highest number of first class(26)..so it is not a new thing to maintain a CGPA bro...
Meanwhile,I will be starting 400 level soon!
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by yusman14(m): 10:44am On Dec 03, 2021
Darevofpeace:

Life already left you behind with this archaic reasoning.

"School doesn't make any man"

You are here celebrating a failed system in Federal Universities.

Do we have unemployed and underemployed graduates from OAU?

Answer this first......
Sure,we do have unemployed graduates..
Don't get me wrong sir..I am not trying to look down on her achievement..
Public education in Nigeria is in mess and we all know that..

The fact is that an average federal university student will do better in a private university..And it is also applicable to me too...that is what I meant sir.

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by yusman14(m): 10:46am On Dec 03, 2021
Timagex:

Oau Nobi anybody mate o. I know Wetin my eye see... grin
lol..it is well

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by 4gunners(m): 10:53am On Dec 03, 2021
yusman14:
Study your use of English textbooks and get yourself updated!
Meanwhile, I don't even understand the shit you typed.

grin grin I graduated from that same OAU some years back. I understand you are still in the euphoria of being on campus. After graduation, the reality will dawn on you - it was a phase we passed through.

If you are one of the students that believe "OAU 2nd class lower graduate will be preferred to a first-class graduate from a private university ", please trash that thinking in the dust bin. It was a lie we were told as well.

My advice to you is to do well in your academics. Outside there, nobody cares about your school. I work in O & G industry. My colleagues are graduates from private universities, foreign universities, and public universities. In the labor market, recruiters will only give the minimum requirement to apply for a job. Again, no one will say it is exclusive to OAU graduates.

2 Likes

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by 4gunners(m): 11:00am On Dec 03, 2021
TOPCRUISE:

I graduated from OAU. 90%of lecturers over there are sadists
You're right!! I'm sorry for students who think passing through such a system will give them huge leverage in the labour market.

A geology or biochemistry graduate from OAU who could only manage to graduate with 2:2 cannot even apply for certain jobs. How then will he/she prove his worth?
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by yusman14(m): 11:02am On Dec 03, 2021
4gunners:

grin grin I graduated from that same OAU some years back. I understand you are still in the euphoria of being on campus. After graduation, the reality will dawn on you - it was a phase we passed through.

If you are one of the students that believe "OAU 2nd class lower graduate will be preferred to a first-class graduate from a private university ", please trash that thinking in the dust bin. It was a lie we were told as well.

My advice to you is to do well in your academics. Outside there, nobody cares about your school. I work in O & G industry. My colleagues are graduates from private universities, foreign universities, and public universities. In the labor market, recruiters will only give the minimum requirement to apply for a job. Again, no one will say it is exclusive to OAU graduates.
oh..I thought you are an undergraduate ooo..Am really sorry for my response sir... infact,I am on my knees already!
I understand your point sir...All graduates irrespective of one's school have same opportunities after graduation........I didn't even know you finished from this same tech...
Weldone sir!
You are a chemical engineer right?
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Achizzy7: 11:16am On Dec 03, 2021
[[s]quote author=yunqdady post=108160483]
Poverty mentality. Which private university has 500 as tuition? Even secondary schools cost more than than. I pay close to 1million here and if you don't read you will fail! Your money isn't shit. There are nursery schools where parents pay 3 million, so why should your 500k earn you a first class? Bush boy, go out and get exposed. [/quote][/s]

"if u don't read u will fail" tell dat to d birds...

private Uni wey dem dy pamper una lik children !!!

Lol...u r pained cos u bought ur result with ur 1mil fees but still couldn't fit in well into d society !!!

I won't reply to u again cos u r half baked ���
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Psychedelia(m): 11:35am On Dec 03, 2021
ziondaughter247:

See this one! Just look at the way you are trying to water down her achievement. You think education means hardship and suffering? Oyibo that their schools are easy and their lecturers easy-going and accommodating, why do they invent everything from medicine to tech? Why haven't Nigerian lecturers and schools produced anything if they were so tough??
Which of the so-called academics in the above-mentioned schools have invented anything? Bunch of copy and paste, sadistic lecturers who only know how to go on strike, sleep with female students, sort courses and feel like demi-gods. Nonsense

I swear, this thread just dey sweet my body. You guys are making so much sense.

I obtained my B.Eng (1st class) in Chemical Engineering a decade ago from FUTO - One of the most toxic and sadistic universities in the whole country, and having been there, with all the pain and suffering I went through, I can tell you public universities are overrated concentration camps. They are not worth it, one bit!

Ignore the kids on this thread spewing nonsense. They don't know any better, and are probably suffering from PTSD, Stockholm Syndrome or a mix of both, with a sprinkle of ignorance for flavoring.
Nigerians are bloody ignorant by default. They mistake ANTAGONISM for discipline, SUFFERING for hardwork, and POVERTY for humility. The same ill logic led them into voting an unenlightened, expired dictator with zero educational/business acumen as their president, seeing him as a "HUMBLE DISCIPLINARIAN". Shameful.

Imagine the clowns who exalt the dysfunctional system in these public schools where you have no electricity or running water in the hostels; where you have to study at night (using candles) in derelict, mosquito-filled classrooms with no windows; where lecturers are so miserable and sadistic that they even start antagonising the students, viewing the students as their competition and even failing them unjustly; where strikes are rampant; and these dolts say the university is " SHAPING YOU".
Shaping you for what exactly?
How many of the Nigerian Public university products are CEOs of global Fortune 500 companies today naa?
How many of them are leading the way in COVID-19 breakthroughs?
How many of them are big players in the space race or renewable energy conversations that are the global priority?
How many of them are leading the way in Solid State Battery development and research?
What about Medical Robotics?
The founders of Paystack (Akinlade and Olubi) both graduated from Babcock University - a private university! Likewise the founders of Piggyvest, Abeg, and many others!
The last I heard of some UNILAG Ph.D guy making the international waves was when that idiot used magnets to "prove" that homosexuality was bad. God of mercy!

These people can keep deceiving themselves in their Citadels of Idiocy.

After graduating from FUTO, I proceeded to obtain my Masters Degree and then relocate to Canada with my family, obtain my Ph.D and start my life here, and it was one of the best decisions I made.
Did you know it was only recently I discovered that one of my guys from my B.Eng years in FUTO decided to go for his Ph.D in FUTO while I was doing mine here in Canada. The Ph.D that took me 3 years to get in Canada is what is taking him more than 7 FHUCKING YEARS in FUTO to obtain?! And he hasn't even gotten it!
Strikes upon strikes, coupled with lack of zeal on the part of the school authorities have frustrated my guy from getting his Ph.D! His antagonistic supervisor is busy blackballing and frustrating him because back in his own years, he was only able to get his Ph.D at the age of 53, so he's beefing my guy for aiming for a Ph.D at the age of 31!
He has even refused to invite external examiners to come assess him.
This guy started the Ph.D program 7 years ago with 19 people. Today, 17 of them have dropped out, leaving just 2 people!

Shame!

The Nigerian public system just exists to rob you of your joy, happiness and positivity.
Pitiful!

Another point I need to add, for many of the clowns who don't know:

When applying for postgraduate admission to any of the universities outside Nigeria - whether it's the US, UK, Canada, Sweden, Norway, etc - They only care about your grade, whether it's First Class, or Second Class Upper. Finish!
They don't give a damn if you obtained it from Covenant, Babcock, UNILAG or your overrated dustbin OAU. First class is first class, so all the universities are the same. Afterall, no Nigerian university is ranked among the Top 5000 universities in the world to begin with.
So, that goes out to the croaking toads on this thread who keep reciting the bollocks about how "First Class in a private uni is Third Class in our mighty OAU".
You're all idiots.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by OPTOSUN(m): 11:52am On Dec 03, 2021
yusman14:
Sure,we do have unemployed graduates..
Don't get me wrong sir..I am not trying to look down on her achievement..
Public education in Nigeria is in mess and we all know that..

The fact is that an average federal university student will do better in a private university..And it is also applicable to me too...that is what I meant sir.
The reserve might be the case. Hope you are not referring to them helping their students? Private schools have standard too. They also want their students to be the best and give credit/glory to their schools afterward. It depends on individual mindset and purpose while in school. If one achieve a first class in a federal university, same aim can be achieved in a private institution without any special views

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by BennyDGreat: 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2021
yusman14:
And we have a lot of OAU graduates doing extra ordinary well too..
So your point?

My point is: don't hype what's not supposed to be hype while attempting to belittle what you feel isn't worth the hype based on your perception.

There are brilliant and excellent people everywhere regardless of the school and you can't pitch school against school unless you have attended both

2 Likes

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Godsownfc(m): 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2021
Congrats, I tapped into your blessing
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by kingPhidel(m): 12:58pm On Dec 03, 2021
Inconsequential
Darevofpeace:

You expected life to still be at where you left it,you are indeed living off your past dreams.
This is 2021,you need to wake up and join the new wave as the World demands...... change your thinking.
don’t judge the book by its cover.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Goodleader(m): 1:31pm On Dec 03, 2021
yusman14:
Not everyone will graduate with a bad grade like you bro..I have a lot of 500 level guys that are still on 4.7+ in this same OAU faculty of Technology..am done with third year already..

In this coming convocation next week,faculty of Technology will be graduating the highest number of first class(26)..so it is not a new thing to maintain a CGPA bro...
Meanwhile,I will be starting 400 level soon!
Your response is an evidence that you are uncultured. You leave the message to attack the Messanger, which is at variance with behavioural pattern of a first class material. I only told you the plain truth and you resorted to insult. For your information, I graduated from University of Nigeria about 3decades ago and my class of degree qualified me to run a Phd in University of Ife without Masters . Find out from your teachers the class of degree that could enjoy such grace. Graduating from OAU engineering with a first class will not surprise my type because it is not new to me. I bagged PhD from University of Ife and not from OAU where sex and bribes are exchanged for marks. One of your professors is currently serving a jail term for a sex for mark offence. I personally respect a second class lower degree awarded in 90s than your type of first-class if you actually make it. Be disciplined when next you are responding to issues on line because you don't know who is behind the keyboard

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by deewhytee: 1:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
oyatainer:

I have studied in two other universities after OAU, experience in OAU is incomparable to any here in Nigeria. *The drilling and hectic experience are designed to mould you not to break you.* The distinction is visible in my place of work now where handful of OAU products stand out.

You couldn't have said it better.
OAU brings out the Best in you, though it's tough while you're there, but na when you come out you go know your true worth.

They build up RESILIENCE in their students.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by flokii: 1:57pm On Dec 03, 2021
Darevofpeace:
[i][/i]

Are the Professors in all Private Universities aliens?

Does NUC gives prefrential treatment in giving approvals and re-accreditation to Private Universities?

Should I inform you about when OAU doesn't have any law student in 100- 200L about 3yrs ago due to no re -accreditation to the Faculty of law.
My younger brother upon resumption to OAU in 2015 was welcome as a fresher with six (6) months strike.
These things are not normal despite how prevalent they look like.
You keep celebrating a failed systems in Federal Universities which had damaged so many graduates and makes them feel worthless.

Life is already bigger than your "myopic reasoning"
"School doesn't make any man"

"Life eventualities as a graduate doesn't separate Federal Universities graduates from the Private Universities ones"

I know their lecturers in private unis are not aliens but majority don't have the requisite qualification to lecture in tertiary institutions safe for the few visiting professors they have from federal unis.

Let me share a real life situation I heard with you.. a professor from a federal uni went to one of these popular private unis to lecture and when it was time for exams, he set his questions which none of the students passed, he had to lessen the intensity of the questions still yet none was able to pass. It was the HOD that prevailed on him to give area of concentration and set something simple for them.

The professor on getting back to his federal university, hailed his students, I'm sure he would have nothing but respect for products from government tertiary institutions that withstand rigorous trainings amidst life struggles and challenges to emerge golds.

Leave matter o.. private universities in Nigeria are like secondary schools with the exception of some tho. like Afe Babalola University and others.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by yunqdady: 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2021
Achizzy7:
[[s]quote author=yunqdady post=108160483]
Poverty mentality. Which private university has 500 as tuition? Even secondary schools cost more than than. I pay close to 1million here and if you don't read you will fail! Your money isn't shit. There are nursery schools where parents pay 3 million, so why should your 500k earn you a first class? Bush boy, go out and get exposed. [/s]

"if u don't read u will fail" tell dat to d birds...

private Uni wey dem dy pamper una lik children !!!

Lol...u r pained cos u bought ur result with ur 1mil fees but still couldn't fit in well into d society !!!

I won't reply to u again cos u r half baked ���
Take your frustration away from me. The highest you can do is bark online while we go on to do great thing. I wish you peace, you need lots of it.
If e pain u much go buy your own.
Would have insulted you but I realize I reasoned like you too when I was in Federal University.
But I genuinely pity your kids and family, poverty will wreck them as you have poverty mentality, away with your negative energy. You suck and disgusts

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Psychedelia(m): 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
Darevofpeace:

You need to wake up,School doesn't make any man to succeed,do we have unemployed or underemployed graduates from UNILAG &, OAU?
Does it make good sense to you that so many sadistic Lecturers are in most Federal Universities?
Do you think failing students unnecessarily would make you to be seen as a good Lecturer?
All those Private school graduates are setting a new place and blazzing the trail.......
My younger brother was welcome into 100L at OAU with six (6) months strike as a fresher,is that how life should be?
You want to go to government Universities where you can't ever determine when you would graduate despite the already stipulated "years of study"on your admission letter despite the hardwork and finances you have committed into your studies.
"Life eventualities after school doesn't recognize the school you graduate from"

I am a product from Ajayi Crowther University,Oyo and I am happy with my position in life.Alots of my friends got their first job at big corporation and still working till date. (KPMG and the rest)
Please ask anybody who had once attended any interview at KPMG about the toughness of the interview,only First Class and Second Class Upper are invited and please ask them if they were asked the University you graduated from at point of entry.
What you fail to understand is that there is a good Lecturers/students relationship in most Private Universities......the fear of failure is removed and you would concentrate on your studies with good discipline and hard work.
The expensive tuition fee of most Private Universities is majorly for the good accommodation and comfort for the students unlike the dilapidated structures with Government Universities.
May life not leave you behind with your "myopic analysis"

Well said!
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Darevofpeace(m): 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2021
flokii:

I know their lecturers in private unis are not aliens but majority don't have the requisite qualification to lecture in tertiary institutions safe for the few visiting professors they have from federal unis.

Let me share a real life situation I heard with you.. a professor from a federal uni went to one of these popular private unis to lecture and when it was time for exams, he set his questions which none of the students passed, he had to lessen the intensity of the questions still yet none was able to pass. It was the HOD that prevailed on him to give area of concentration and set something simple for them.

The professor on getting back to his federal university, hailed his students, I'm sure he would have nothing but respect for products from government tertiary institutions that withstand rigorous trainings amidst life struggles and challenges to emerge golds.

Leave matter o.. private universities in Nigeria are like secondary schools with the exception of some tho. like Afe Babalola University and others.

You lied sincerely,you made just few exemptions.I can't dispute the fact that so many Private Universities are still growing in terms of expansion,but to try to water down the graduates is what I won't take.
Between my 300/400L (2012-2013)the HOD of Accounting from OAU then(Professor Ashaolu)
was a visiting Prof in my school taking us Management Accounting,we were 120 students in my class, 75% of the class had A&B.
This particular Prof is a force to recon with in Nigeria as far as Accounting and Finance Department is concerned.No University in Nigeria can get full accreditation in Accounting Department without him being an Adjunct Professor to the School.
Your major mistake is comparing the Academic structures in Federal Universities of so many years to those of Private Universities.
Most Federal Schools are living in past glory,there is nothing dignifying of recording mass failures for students who worth to pass their courses because they want to be seen as a tough school.
Even Schools in Uk and America seems so easy for Nigerians who went for their Post Graduate studies.

My University pays on every 26th of every month since 2005 of it establishment, that's 16yrs ago, naturally the morale of the Lecturers are well boosted since they can concentrate on their job.
Lecturers /Students relationship is on point,no fear of intimidation or sexual harassment.
You keep saying most Private Universities graduates are not capable in their fields,yet Covenant is among the top five in Universities rating for more than 3yrs now........
Private Universities graduates are making Giant strides and setting new pace in their field day by day,yet you still want to live in so many unverifiable assumptions.
I still maintain my stand "School doesn't make any graduate"
The quest for Excellence is a developed trait just like the way you learn to eat and write.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by ivandragon: 5:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
flokii:

Even the ABUAD is not exactly outstanding when it comes to quality of lecturers.

Private universities are regimented, as such, the students are practically forced to read, forced to attend lectures, movement restricted & most have top of the line equipment/laboratories... all those conditions ensures you have to study. And I also know for a fact that most lecturers in private universities are informed to set examination questions that, while not subpar, would not be very difficult for the average student to excel...

In federal universities, no lecturer cares if you come to class or not, nobody forces you to read, no one restricts your movement. Lecturers set questions as tough or as easy as they like. However, there is the challenge of funding. Also, a student has to have a certain level of discipline so as not to be carried away with the freedom Federal universities bring... students are responsible for themselves...

Now, if Federal universities are allowed to charge same fees as top private universities, & allowed more regimental control, I bet you, no private university in Nigeria will be able to meet the standard set by some federal universities...

The average school fees in top Federal universities like UNN, UI, OAU, Unilorin, ABU, UNIBEN etc is under 100k for the most expensive undergraduate programme...

Top Private universities charge, averagely, about 600k for thier least expensive programmes & up to 1m for others.

Let the federal universities charge fees like private ones & let's see if any private university would rank anywhere near a Federal one...

1 Like

Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by yusman14(m): 7:59pm On Dec 03, 2021
BennyDGreat:

My point is: don't hype what's not supposed to be hype while attempting to belittle what you feel isn't worth the hype based on your perception.

There are brilliant and excellent people everywhere regardless of the school and you can't pitch school against school unless you have attended both
Ok noted sir.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by yusman14(m): 8:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
Goodleader:

Your response is an evidence that you are uncultured. You leave the message to attack the Messanger, which is at variance with behavioural pattern of a first class material. I only told you the plain truth and you resorted to insult. For your information, I graduated from University of Nigeria about 3decades ago and my class of degree qualified me to run a Phd in University of Ife without Masters . Find out from your teachers the class of degree that could enjoy such grace. Graduating from OAU engineering with a first class will not surprise my type because it is not new to me. I bagged PhD from University of Ife and not from OAU where sex and bribes are exchanged for marks. One of your professors is currently serving a jail term for a sex for mark offence. I personally respect a second class lower degree awarded in 90s than your type of first-class if you actually make it. Be disciplined when next you are responding to issues on line because you don't know who is behind the keyboard
So sorry sir!
Actually,there is nothing like bribery in my faculty..at least,I am sure of that..we all worked hard for our grades.

Just realizing my mistake now...Am so sorry sir once again!
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by yusman14(m): 8:04pm On Dec 03, 2021
OPTOSUN:

The reserve might be the case. Hope you are not referring to them helping their students? Private schools have standard too. They also want their students to be the best and give credit/glory to their schools afterward. It depends on individual mindset and purpose while in school. If one achieve a first class in a federal university, same aim can be achieved in a private institution without any special views
Alright sir..noted!
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by bong4(m): 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2021
ivandragon:

And with the little & all the societal challenges, OAU & other top Federal universities are still recognised worldwide...

80% of the academic & administrative leadership of private universities are from the top Federal universities...

Are there private universities that are exemplary? Certainly, but give the top Federal universities same funds & watch them blow those private universities out of the water...

Also, private universities are very regimented. In federal universities, no one has time to chase you for lectures or school activities or preps (imagine, preps in tertiary institutions) or insist you stay in hotels. All these things alone ensure you have to read.

In federal universities, you are expected to be responsible for yourself. The facilities, no matter how dilapidated they may be, are there for you.

Nice write up bro. I agree that many private universities administrators finished from Public universities but don't put away the effect of the environment on overall work output. You can relate that to a Nigerian that refuses to obey little regulations here in this country but then changes immediately he steps out. When you find yourself in a sane environment, your output will definitely improve.

The federal universities have more funding sources and opportunities compared to private universities but corruption within the public ivory towers will never allow them reach their optimal potentials.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by Goodleader(m): 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2021
yusman14:
So sorry sir!
Actually,there is nothing like bribery in my faculty..at least,I am sure of that..we all worked hard for our grades

Just realizing my mistake now...Am so sorry sir once again!
To err is human and to forgive is divine. You are pardoned. Just learn to focus on issues at hand next time and not the personality involved. Take constructive criticism in good faith and work on the observed weaknesses in any situation and you would be better for it. You are attending the same university I attended many years ago. One day you too will leave and become an alumnus of the school. If you are supporting the oppressive teachers by mistaking man made difficulties for quality, the system will not change. One of the lines of your school anthem says: 'ALUTA AGAINST ALL OPPRESSION' Always stand against academic oppression. I pray that God should help you protect the class of degree you are making from the preying eyes of the good for nothing teachers you call lecturers. All I have been contributing in this tread are product of experience. I was a visiting scholar in one of your faculties for 5years and I voluntarily withdrew my service when some things that are at variance with my academic belief started happening.I know what I am saying. The fact that you don't bribe does not mean that all those grades you see on the result board are earned. Most of them are bought. Good night
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by KoshCAD: 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2021
yunqdady:

Oga, why e dey pain u? Go private uni go get d first class na if e sure for you. Sufferhead bitter people
See this one hahahahaha, a girl who can't make 1.0 in public school went to make first class in private and you are saying if it is sure for me.

It is over sure for me.
Re: Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen by KoshCAD: 9:57pm On Dec 03, 2021
tutudesz:

undecided do your investigation 1st before replying me or you think private university just employ lecturers without experience
Lol, investigation ko.

Why not proof it out yourself, or were you not the one that made the claim.

So you are lazy to proof your claim.

Lecturers from private universities lecturing in fed or state schools.

Dream of the century.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Sworn In As UNN Chancellor (Photos) / How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English / My Daughter's Teacher Asked Them To Write "Who Is Evans?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.